Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Lily- I'm very curious about Cannatonic.  I read about it saying it is really good for muscle spasms and to relax muscles.  I haven't been able to find any. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lily17, the CBD oil comes in different concentrations, so 25 drops is not the same across the board.  I just bought some CBD yesterday, and for me a 20 mg dose didn't do anything I could feel.  The person at the dispensary told me that she takes 75 mg at a time, so I guess the tolerance varies a LOT between people.  Today I will try more mg of CBD.

I think that $60 for a 1,000 mg bottle of CBD oil sounds about right.  But then, I am new to this alternative treatment.  The other Buddies can probably say more about this.

Aurora, I wasn't sure which companies to trust.  Now I do.  Thank you!

By the way, beautiful cat avatar  :thumbsup:

Anytime!

Thank you; that's Sadie, my emotional support kitty.  :hug:  :smitten:

There's a sale- maybe?- on CBD oil at my cannabis story.  I am really confused about the oil.  What is a good price?  How much do I use and how is it equivalent to packing the vaporizer?

I use Charlotte's Web to make general comparisons, because it's the most popular CBD tincture where I work. As far as 30mL (1 fl oz) size bottles go, 200mg is $40, 500mg is $75, and 5000mg is $150. Those are the prices at https://www.cwhemp.com/. I believe they still give new email subscribers 20% off their first order.

The 200mg bottle has a recommended 22mg 2/day dosage, 500mg is 56mg 2/day and 5000mg is 43mg 2/day. Just like THC, you can always take a smaller dosage and increase it gradually. Tinctures are absorbed by the arteries under your tongue into your bloodstream; you're supposed to feel it faster than if it has to go through your GI tract. It should last 4-8+ hours, depending on the person.

Here's a link to a great explanation of the different ways to take CBD:

https://keytocannabis.com/blogs/cannabis/which-kind-of-cbd-will-work-for-me

FREE EDUCATIONAL WEBINAR TUE FEB 27th

Popping in to share an educational webinar link. I've spoken w Shanel a few times, and follow her posts - she's a wonderful advocate.

She lives in MA, and is a cannabis activist as well as a lawyer.

I've never heard her speak about CBD oil, but for people with legal access to flower she has a lot of knowledge, also for making your own capsules , edibles and topicals. Her suggestions are very cost efficient .

"How to Start Your Cannabis Journey Right"

Tuesday Feb 27, 2018 | 5:30 - 6:15 PM EST

Free. Learn More Here:

https://sailcannabis.co/webinars?utm_source=Ardent&utm_source=Ardent&utm_campaign=Webinar%20invite&utm_campaign=Webinar%20invite

Hi all,

I posted on this forum back in July/August. Over the past few months, I have tried a few different strains/methods mostly with higher THC- vaping, edibles, capsules. I would really like to try more of the higher CBD strains so that I can use during the day. I have a tic disorder and I am looking for something to help with this (the reason I take Klonopin). I am also trying to make larger cuts so I am helping the MMJ will also help with withdrawals.

Questions:

At my dispensary, they discouraged me from using the CBD oil saying I would need 25 drops at a time- does this sound right? Should I try a different dispensary and see if they have a different cbd oil?

I am also noticing more strains with the higher cbd (these are for vaping). One dispensary near me has AC/DC and another one has Cannatonic? Has anyone tried either of these?

As always, Thank you!!1

Have you ever visited Leafly's website? You can look up strain recommendations by symptom/issue:

https://www.leafly.com/explore/conditions-tourettes-syndrome

It should probably just say tic disorder instead of tourette's.

For CBD oil, you can always just follow the recommendation on the bottle. When I'm discussing dosage with customers, I usually use the bottle recommendation, with an added "you can always just start with a small dosage and gradually increase it."

Hope this is helpful!

Thank you! Do you know if CBD oil will work on tics and also on Akathisia? Do you recommend the oil instead of vaping? Thanks.

Thanks for all the great information!

I have just bought Charlottes WEb, CBD Oil I think its called Everyday Plus.  Supposed to take two droppers twice a day which is I ml. a day. Bottle is 30 Ml. It has no THC as I am not in a MM state.  My question is can I take this along with my other meds.  I"m sure my Dr. won't know as he is old.  I'm scared now about this CPY thing or whatever I read about and was so hoping this would at least take the edge off my horrible symptoms.  I am trying so hard to get past the burning neuropathy and pain etc, ect etc.  of my w/d but it just gets worse.  Now I am terrified to try it.  I had  blood work done and liver and kidney function is good.  Can you take this with other meds while tapering.  I know no one is a Dr. just looking for opinions and others experiences in tapering other meds and also using the CBD oil.  Thanks. 

Hi Freeme,

I C/T'd from Benzos about 6 months ago and dealing with withdrawal. My nervous system is hypersensitive so anything can put me in a wave. About a month ago I tried CBD Oil with 7% THC. This made me high but did nothing for my anxiety. Two weeks ago I bought CBD Oil with 0.3% THC. This is within the legal limit and considered as no THC. I've now tried it about 6 times and it hasn't helped me at all. It also didn't make my anxiety worse. Although I have only taken it when I'm in a wave.

Everyone reacts to drugs differently but so far I haven't read that CBD Oil without THC has negatively effected anyone. So give it a try and I hope you are one of the people that it does help.

Thanks but I'm really concerned about the interaction with the other meds I'm on.  It supposedly affects the cpy thing like grapefruit with some meds etc.  I read it was contraindicated.  I'm terrified to try it now. it probably won't help me anyway, nothing does.  I don't know how much more I can stand.  :(

freeme,

I use the Charlotte's Web CBD Oil Everyday Plus. I use a half dropperful as needed (for me, it is always for nausea). I don't feel any difference in terms of the medicine on days I take it vs. days I don't take it. If I were you I would just start with a few drops, three or four, and see how you feel. I feel like it is a miracle sometimes with how much it helps me with nausea.  Good luck. I know we all need something to help us. I am hoping marijuana is legalized in NJ soon but now it is looking less likely.

Thanks but I'm really concerned about the interaction with the other meds I'm on.  It supposedly affects the cpy thing like grapefruit with some meds etc.  I read it was contraindicated.  I'm terrified to try it now. it probably won't help me anyway, nothing does.  I don't know how much more I can stand.  :(

I've been taking CBD for years and haven't experienced any medication interactions, including taking it with my benzo, antidepressant and gabapentin. Everyone is different, of course, but I wanted to let you know what my experience was.

I did a quick search and did find a list of possible interaction medications, including most things we are/were on, but it seems like virtually anything can potentially interact, including antibiotics and NSAIDS. You could always start with a very small dose and work upward to be safe. It may be beneficial; you may not even notice a difference, as some don't.

https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidiol/cbd-p-450-enzyme/

I wish you much peace and healing, freeme.  :)

Thank you! Do you know if CBD oil will work on tics and also on Akathisia? Do you recommend the oil instead of vaping? Thanks.

Thanks for all the great information!

I don't personally have any information about it working for tics or akathesia, but it is an antioxidant and neuroprotectant, which provide great benefits to the brain.

As for ingestion methods, it depends on how fast you want it to start working, and how long you want it to last. Vaping will take effect almost immediately, but only last up to a couple of hours. Taking tincture sublingually (under the tongue) will take longer to feel effects, but should last up to 4-8 hours. Everyone is different, of course, but this should be a good general rule of thumb.

Hi Freeme,

I'm currently on Effexor and Trazadone and CBD Oil didn't effect me negatively at all.

Regarding your benzos, I want to tell you a little bit of my story as it may help you. I started taking lorazapam and clonazapam 17 years. The lorazapam was always on as needed basis but the clonazapam I took it more regularly along with Paxil. From 2000 to 2003 it was tough but from 2003 to 2012 I was doing fine. From 2010 to 2012 I was off of clonazapam and never had to take lorazapam. The meds were working. In 2012 I had a lot of stress to deal with at home and work and I started getting situational panic attacks. I increased the AD's, began taking clonazapam and started taking lorazapam after every anxiety attack and almost every day. Soon I was waking up with anxiety every morning and some days it would get better and some days not. Eventually I was taking it every day and had to take more. Nothing was helping and from 2016 to most of 2017 I had anxiety every day and nothing was helping. I tried didn't AD's and even tried even more lorazapam but I was in a real bad place. My doctor didn't know what else to do for me and didn't think it was Benzos. Thanks to BB's I decided to get off of Benzos completely. I switched to Valium which actually made me feel worse and I tried to taper for 6 months. Those 6 months were hell and I kept reinstating thinking I would feel better and I never did. On August 29th of last year I decided enough was enough so I jumped. This was the best thing I did. I didn't feel any worse after jumping. I was already as bad as anyone could feel. In my second month In the first three months I had some windows and was encouraged. In December I switched from Zoloft back to Effexor. From mid December for almost a month I had a great window. Not perfect as I still had nervousness, tinnitus and some other minor physical symptoms but my anxiety and depression were very low and I enjoyed it. I knew I was healing. The anxiety returned but since mid january I have had more windows and less waves. I know there will be more waves before I'm finally better but I'm 100% sure that since I got off of Benzos my health has turned around. I'm healing.

I'm glad I got off Benzos and would never ever reinstate. I hope this helps you to move your life forward.

There is a strain called WiFI that helps the most for me so far, though I had a batch of some ineffective and tasteless garbage (seemed so to me) that was not WiFi this last time. Tonight I have some WiFi and gorilla glue.

I like the “White Fire” a lot. If not for this I think I would not have gotten more. I my lungs and wallet can’t afford the kind of relief I want. Been smoking so much I can hardly breathe and am still in agony. I hope this fresh import today can help somehow to get me in gear for whatever is ahead.

One day at a time(?) Seems like way too much again now.

Thanks everyone for the info and making me less anxious about trying it.  I might try it tomorrow morning.  Still scared but won’t know how it will affect me until I try it.  Thanks again.

Does anyone know-Since I have a card am I better off with the CBD oil from a dispensary instead of hemp oil? It is Brothers Jonathan. I am really hoping to go this natural route and get off of the Klonopin soon!

The WiFi/white fire is a miracle. Whatever I had last does not compare.

I am so serious about this one strain- I cared nothing of strains before this. Saving my sanity...

Except for I am having some hallucinations and paranoia but it is easy for me to recognize and snap out of or not believe fully because of the wellness and calm and uplift from the positive aspects.

It is ‘ like ‘ WiFi  , which is perfect for me because my brain can get in a place where it won’t “stop thinking.” This allows for me to think without my emotions being so ensnared in my thoughts, but doesn’t blunt positive emotions. It allows me to process “negative”!emotion

Like, it lets my brain “wander safely” as if I were feeling very calm and safe and none of my cognition is taken away or emotions blunted.

Muscles relax, I can breathe.

Glad to see its helping some here.  I took a few drops this morning and it did nothing so will take more later.  I am still scared but will keep trying.  Thanks all.  Such a terrible journey for some. I am just praying for something to help me as I can't go on like this. 

Glad to see its helping some here.  I took a few drops this morning and it did nothing so will take more later.  I am still scared but will keep trying.  Thanks all.  Such a terrible journey for some. I am just praying for something to help me as I can't go on like this.

Though I’m not personally after a head high... But all body pain relief ones (highs) welcome though- trying to say that to get any real physical and mental anguish relief I need the tch

I wish the relief lasted longer, but I am not going to kick a gift. God, help freemee get some kind of relief fast please Lord

Thank you Azalea.  I wish I could try the THC one but I'm in Pain management and in an illegal state so cannot show in my urine screen or they will throw me out.  So for now its the hemp.  Glad you are getting the relief.  I hope this CW hemp oil helps me at least a little.  Thanks again.  :smitten:

Hi Azalea,

What percentage THC is in the WiFi? I tried HempWorx which has 0.3% THC. This is the legal limit in states where THC is not legal. It does nothng for me at all. I tried another CBD oil that had 7% THC and 27% CBD and it did get me a little high but did nothing for my anxiety. Didn't like the feeling.

PaulMar,

Thank you for your question. I’m going to ask my friend who sells here legally through his business. I think it must be substantial, because it takes quite a lot of tch for me to feel anything and I do.

The way I sometimes work with anxiety is to keep “in flow” and wifi’s not (overly) sedating but balanced. Too “yin” and I can’t deal, and too “yang?” Too yang is worse- too yang is horrible.

I find a better base again if I can more sanely and objectively cruise through excess energy

Hey all yall,

I did not know this group existed.  I have just spent the dough required by NYS to see a qualified licensed MJ doc, and applied for my NYS card.  The approval is instant, but it takes 3-15 business days, so I am waiting.

My doctor "prescribed" (in NYS it is actually a recommendation, I am learning as the process goes on) A CBD/THC 6:1 vaped oil product.  I will have that in a few weeks at most, and look forward ro trying it.

The internet is all over the place as to whether it is good or bad from withdrawal from this or that.  I am interested in how you are all doing, and I will look back at more recent posts.

I officially quit cigs 2 years ago, but I look at my journal, and I always seem to cave and cheat between days 100 and 150.  And I belive it is true that each time I reset to day zero.  I am now at day 138, and feel like sh!t.  Anxiety, panic attacks, fog, irritable, IBS and that is WITH 12 mg V.  Sigh.

Are there any fellow armchair neurobiologists out there?

Both benzos and tobacco (notice I aid tobacco and not nicotine, which is completely different) manipulate GABAA and glutamate, mostly NMDA.  My own opinion is that A LOT of our misery is not GABA downregulation but NMDA UPregulation, so I am hopeful that whether I am in protracted cig wd, kindled on diazepam, or just plain old neurologically f'ed from birth, there just might be a formulation that helps.  We know that endogenous cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 effect glutamate transmission at NMDA.

Anyone out there been able to correlate the science with how they are doing?

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1