Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I am a wreck today.  I've been working on my taper but using ambien to sleep as my prob first and foremost, before benzos, insomnia and circadian rhythm disorder. 

Ambien is stopping working... last 2 nights very little sleep and I am a trembly wreck, in bed.  Alone.

I don't know what to do.

I gather no Mary Medicinals cbn to be found altho it is legal here (CA)?  I tried weedmaps and could not find cbn.  Not sure am using site correctly.

Can anyone help me (message me if that is possible on BB??).

Also I have some indica would try but don't know how to roll a joint even.  What do I need to buy?  Amazon has lots of stuff and 'prerolled' joints but how do you put stuff into them? 

Feeling so bda would appreciate somebody knowledgeable reaching out.  thx...

Amazon has papers in the shape of a long, slim cone with a filter on one end.  They come with a little stick that packs the flower down.  I have never mastered rolling and these are great. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Challis, is it the papers that come in the square pack or the upright container?  If they say it has a tip that means a filter, right?  Would want a filter. 

That loading tool is it like a little funnel and the wood thing like a chop stick??

There is a rolling machine for $5 I notice...

[5a...]

Thanks for your response Twenty-eight!

Challis and Badsocref--do you know anyone who has used Charlotte's Web?

I only know one person locally who uses Charlotte's Web.  I think he's using it to help control pain.  There are a lot of high CBD strains out there these days in addition to Charlotte's Web.

Thank you. Just wanted to know if anyone used it. This is what my doc is recommending I think because it's readily available where I am. But pain is not my issue--most of my symptoms are mental/cognitive/perceptual. Doc thought maybe the anti-inflammatory properties would help my brain but he admits it's a shot in the dark.

Lizagal,

I use Charlotte's Web CBD hemp oil. I have seen some of your other questions. Think you want to know about the oil. I use it for nausea, but notice that it definitely helps with mental clarity and I think a bit with anxiety. I am just finishing my first bottle of the everyday, I find one dropperful works well once a day, and will begin with the next strength up once this is done, but will lower the dose initially.

There is a lot of research on CBD's neuroprotective qualities. I don't have access to marijuana yet in NJ, so this is all I have and it definitely helps. I also was sick constantly last year but other than a mild cold last week have been mostly healthy this winter. It's either the hemp or the magnesium that is helping with my immune system I think.

Hi Badsocref,

Today I tried CBD Oil that is 27% CBD and 7% THC. I've learned a lot in the last few days. So here is my experience I want to share in case someone wants to try it as well.

- 8:00am - Woke up with nervousness and anxiety. HR was about 80 and feeling a little uncomfortable although I would say my anxiety was at about 50%.

- 10:00am - Put very small drop about the size of 1.3 rice grains on my finger and put it in my mouth.

- 10:30am - perhaps a felt a little less anxiety but wasn't sure.

- 12:00pm - Began to feel high. I wasn't expecting this since I thought that the THC was low. I have now read that 7% THC is still very high.

- 4:00pm - The high is wearing off but I can still feel a little anxiety. I also feel my throat burning. It definitely helped my nervousness.

At this point I would have to say that it wasn't good experience since I still had the anxiety, tinnitus, burning throat and breathing a bit heavy. I may have used a bit too much and if I try this again, I will do so with half of what I took today. Before I do that, I will try to a CBD Oil that has a lot less THC. Perhaps 2% or something.

Let me know if anyone here has experienced this or if you have a comment.

Challis, is it the papers that come in the square pack or the upright container?  If they say it has a tip that means a filter, right?  Would want a filter. 

That loading tool is it like a little funnel and the wood thing like a chop stick??

There is a rolling machine for $5 I notice...

This is what I bought: [nobbc]https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AOB4BNG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1[/nobbc]

[5a...]

Hi Badsocref,

Today I tried CBD Oil that is 27% CBD and 7% THC. I've learned a lot in the last few days. So here is my experience I want to share in case someone wants to try it as well.

- 8:00am - Woke up with nervousness and anxiety. HR was about 80 and feeling a little uncomfortable although I would say my anxiety was at about 50%.

- 10:00am - Put very small drop about the size of 1.3 rice grains on my finger and put it in my mouth.

- 10:30am - perhaps a felt a little less anxiety but wasn't sure.

- 12:00pm - Began to feel high. I wasn't expecting this since I thought that the THC was low. I have now read that 7% THC is still very high.

- 4:00pm - The high is wearing off but I can still feel a little anxiety. I also feel my throat burning. It definitely helped my nervousness.

At this point I would have to say that it wasn't good experience since I still had the anxiety, tinnitus, burning throat and breathing a bit heavy. I may have used a bit too much and if I try this again, I will do so with half of what I took today. Before I do that, I will try to a CBD Oil that has a lot less THC. Perhaps 2% or something.

Let me know if anyone here has experienced this or if you have a comment.

I've heard of another person feeling the effects of the THC when using CBD-dominant oil.  It's a balancing act between the CBD and the THC, and some people seem to be more sensitive to the effect of the THC than other people.  So even though it's 3:1 CBD-dominant, it may be more THC than you want.  If you don't like that feeling, then I think you're on the right track to find something with less THC in it. 

I think that what you're doing is exactly right.  You're trying and learning and making increasingly informed decisions about your medication.

Lizagal,

I use Charlotte's Web CBD hemp oil. I have seen some of your other questions. Think you want to know about the oil. I use it for nausea, but notice that it definitely helps with mental clarity and I think a bit with anxiety. I am just finishing my first bottle of the everyday, I find one dropperful works well once a day, and will begin with the next strength up once this is done, but will lower the dose initially.

There is a lot of research on CBD's neuroprotective qualities. I don't have access to marijuana yet in NJ, so this is all I have and it definitely helps. I also was sick constantly last year but other than a mild cold last week have been mostly healthy this winter. It's either the hemp or the magnesium that is helping with my immune system I think.

I use Cannatonic.  This year's crop tested at around 7% CBD and .5% THC...I guess that equates to 14:1.  If I stick to a grain of rice sized dose, no high.  If I go much more than that, I'm taking a chance. 

Apparently I'm fairly sensitive to THC. 

Lizagal,

Thanks NewJersey! Very helpful. I'm hoping it helps with the constant brain damage/concussion sensation. Mental clarity and peace would be amazing.  Thanks for your input too Challis. This is such a learning process!

[50...]
My only issue with charlottes web is the cost. They charge top dollar for that stuff. Cbdistillery's 1000mg tincture is potent and $60 , lasts around 45 days each go. It has a real strong smell tho like high grade bud would smell. Might be a drawback for some but doesn't bother me

That's Challis for the link.  Those little things look plastic, almost!  OK, it is the $11.75 one.

Confusing all that they have there.  They do have filters, yes??

I will order them.

My only issue with charlottes web is the cost. They charge top dollar for that stuff. Cbdistillery's 1000mg tincture is potent and $60 , lasts around 45 days each go. It has a real strong smell tho like high grade bud would smell. Might be a drawback for some but doesn't bother me

I agree Charlotte's Web is expensive. But one bottle has lasted me since August, still have some left, so worth every penny! I do not use every day but likely average 3-4 days a week.

Well I tried very small amounts of Charlotte's Web the last two days and while I didn't expect a big difference from only 8-9 mg a day, I also did not expect insomnia. I haven't had trouble waking up and falling back to sleep I almost two years, but the last two nights I was wide awake most of the night. I split up into smaller doses and tried taking before bed and not taking before bed and this happened. I feel like hell dealing with this on top of my usual stuff. I'm freakishly sensitive and totally bummed at the thought of this not being a help to me.

[5a...]

Well I tried very small amounts of Charlotte's Web the last two days and while I didn't expect a big difference from only 8-9 mg a day, I also did not expect insomnia. I haven't had trouble waking up and falling back to sleep I almost two years, but the last two nights I was wide awake most of the night. I split up into smaller doses and tried taking before bed and not taking before bed and this happened. I feel like hell dealing with this on top of my usual stuff. I'm freakishly sensitive and totally bummed at the thought of this not being a help to me.

People often report that small CBD doses often give clarity.  I would think that clarity might not be conducive to sleep.  Very few people have claimed that CBD helps them sleep.  I tried it and it didn't help at all, so I went to the THC stuff.

Thanks Badsocref. Wish I had access to it here in Illinois 😞

I appreciate your response because it makes me realize it's not just me.

I take CBD in the morning and afternoon, but not at night.  If I take it for a few days in a row it seems to result in deeper, less interrupted sleep. 

As to the cost of MMJ products, this is still a federally risky enterprise.  Folks who grow take massive risks, like the threat of having everything they own be confiscated.  Aside from that, the growing process is time consuming, as is the trimming and processing.  Growers don't make a lot of profit for the most part and sellers (shops) can't bank their money and are under even more risk as everyone else as far as losses/legality.

With the recent change by Sessions in outlook towards the industry, things are not looking up at the moment.  I would stock up if it were me.

FWIW I have found the best insomnia-beater to be a THC indica or indica-dominant hybrid. I make my own tinctures (thanks, badsocref!) from flower bud, and they last a very long time. Since starting to use my tincture, I have had zero insomnia -- several years now.

It doesn't clobber you over the head like Ambien or even Unisom . . . it just totally relaxes you so you can put on some dreamy music and ease into sleep.

Oregon is a legal state, so we're lucky.

THC indica also gives you the munchies, so I have been gaining back the weight I lost on my taper.

Hope this helps someone.

Katz