Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

As I use translator  I have unfortunately not been able to translate all posts. So I don`t know if someone has listed this earlier.

I have tested the oil without THC. If I've taken a bit too much I'll lose my memory, and it's very unpleasant. As soon as I think something, I don`t know at all how the thought began. If I have seen a TV show, I don`t know afterwards what it was about. The next day it has passed.

I have bought it at the pharmacy, so it's approved. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Katz! Wish I would have known this before I was put on benzos for sleep, but at the time there was no such thing as MMJ. I will hold on to this info for if and when Illinois expands availability.

[d5...]

I recently made a business trip to California, and while there checked out one of their newly legalized cannabis stores. Got some edibles (chocolate w/THC). Tried one. Wow. Nice. Happy, relaxed.  Now, I didn't do this while in benzo withdrawal. I am recovered at this point. So I am trying to imagine what it would have been like back when I was anxious/depressed due to benzo withdrawal. I think it would have helped, at least with the anxiety/depression part of it. Probably not with the sleep.

Unfortunately, back home I am not in a legal state, so no more of those happy chocolates for now. In spite of our state's "live free or die" motto...

I recently made a business trip to California, and while there checked out one of their newly legalized cannabis stores. Got some edibles (chocolate w/THC). Tried one. Wow. Nice. Happy, relaxed.  Now, I didn't do this while in benzo withdrawal. I am recovered at this point. So I am trying to imagine what it would have been like back when I was anxious/depressed due to benzo withdrawal. I think it would have helped, at least with the anxiety/depression part of it. Probably not with the sleep.

Unfortunately, back home I am not in a legal state, so no more of those happy chocolates for now. In spite of our state's "live free or die" motto...

Hahaha! Live free or die! Its part of of our fight for democracy!  And quintiscential to big government and big pharma getting outta they way!!

Love it!!

Not sleeping well so I went to the dispensary today ( Legal here in Oregon) and bought  a CBN tincture.

It is derived from Indica and 1 pin drop under the tounge  is suppose to help sleep. I checked it out on Leafly.

The guy in the “ pot shop” says it works for him and he has “ high” tolerance

I will report back tomorrow and let you know how Ibsleep tonight.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbn-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

As I use translator  I have unfortunately not been able to translate all posts. So I don`t know if someone has listed this earlier.

I have tested the oil without THC. If I've taken a bit too much I'll lose my memory, and it's very unpleasant. As soon as I think something, I don`t know at all how the thought began. If I have seen a TV show, I don`t know afterwards what it was about. The next day it has passed.

I have bought it at the pharmacy, so it's approved. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Wow, no I have not experienced that but it sounds terrible.  When I tried CBD and no THC I felt sleepy and hungry.  If you take only a little bit, do you keep your memory? 

GreenCup, When I only take a few drops, nothing feels strange, but then it has no effect.

My nervous system is probably too sensitive, so I can not stand it.

Well i ran out of my cannabis cbd oil 4 weeks ago. Had a massive wave 2 weeks ago and been feeling like shit couchbound and rough ever since. My supplier finally got some more today and had a drop at lunch and within an hour my symptoms faded to background noise and finally got some relief.

It really is amazing stuff

I'm currently taking 150mg Effexor and 75mg Trazadone. I've been benzo free since September. I'm still getting many days of anxiety but getting some good days as well.

I want to try CBD Oil with very low to nil THC. Can the CBD oil interact with the Effexor? I don't want to become more anxious. I'm looking to feel more relaxed and sleep better.

I'm currently taking 150mg Effexor and 75mg Trazadone. I've been benzo free since September. I'm still getting many days of anxiety but getting some good days as well.

I want to try CBD Oil with very low to nil THC. Can the CBD oil interact with the Effexor? I don't want to become more anxious. I'm looking to feel more relaxed and sleep better.

I don't know about the interaction, but CBD oil with no THC doesn't seem to help most of us sleep, unfortunately!

Hi NJ,

Does CBD Oil help to promote relaxation and is it OK to take with Effexor and Trazadone? What brand do you recommend? I tried CBD Oil last week that had 27% CBD and 7% THC and I felt my nerves relaxed but didn't help my anxiety. It also gave me a high that lasted about two hours. I think my CNS is really sensitive and I have to be really careful what I eat, drink or do right now while I'm still healing.

Yes, want to hear about the CBN...

It works well for me to sleep. A tiny tiny bit of tincture ( from Indica) Sublingual and I was out for almost 7 hours the last two nights. And a bonus is that I wake up feeling a bit groggy and in a few minutes happy. Happy!!  no Cortosal surges. I don’t know if tonight is enough to say this is great and I work every night but so far so good

Hi Cliff,

Can you tell me more about CBN. Is this CBD Oil? Does it have THC? My system is really sensitive and I son't want to take THC.

Hi Cliff,

Can you tell me more about CBN. Is this CBD Oil? Does it have THC? My system is really sensitive and I son't want to take THC.

It is not CBD.

CBN is a byproduct of THC —For instance if you smoke THC it will break down in about three hours into CBN. That’s why it takes 3 hours  to fall asleep for most after smoking high THC Indica.

The tincture I use is 98% THC (made from Indica) and 2% CBN— I put a rice size drop under my tongue and do not feel anything.

What happens is I fall asleep in  about 20 to 30 minutes.

Why not pure or high tincture CBN? It would make a person very high for DAYS.

One time – the first time – I took too much and I got very high and I did not like it. So  just a tiny tiny bit.

If I sound real smart it’s because the bud tender explained it to me very carefully – I had many questions because of my first bad experience.

Now that I know how to take it and the effect it will have on me – none – except for sleep which is why I use it.

CBD is part of the marijuana plant that is extracted out and has no psycho effects

I use it in topical oil form for pain. I also use it for WD sx like anxiety- I smoke ( one hit) a high CBD with .08% THC bud and that eradicates my anxiety etc without getting me high. Almost instant take away of sx

There are many different kinds of tinctures and many different kinds of oils and many different kinds of bud but you can’t always get the same thing — so it’s a crapshoot until it becomes legal across the nation and scientists actually start figuring out how to use it medically more than it’s being used now.

My taper is going so smoothly and I attributed to being able to sleep and being able get rid of WD anxiety - my last taper was horrific - mmj was not legal here at that time.

I believe that marijuana has a great place in Benzo WD -  but it’s a political hot potato and it will be a while before it’s available to everyone

OK I’ll get off my soapbox now!

Hi NJ,

Does CBD Oil help to promote relaxation and is it OK to take with Effexor and Trazadone? What brand do you recommend? I tried CBD Oil last week that had 27% CBD and 7% THC and I felt my nerves relaxed but didn't help my anxiety. It also gave me a high that lasted about two hours. I think my CNS is really sensitive and I have to be really careful what I eat, drink or do right now while I'm still healing.

CBD oil (no THC, I do not have access legally to products with THC) I feel helps my anxiety a bit, for me I use it mostly to relieve nausea, which is definitely anxiety-based. I use Charlotte's Web. For drug interactions, might want to reach out to Realm of Caring, a nonprofit focused on helping people use products medicinally. I do also use magnesium and l-theanine for anxiety. I think the magnesium makes a big difference; it does seem to rev some people up. Good luck. Al trial and error unfortunately.

[4d...]
From WebMD.  Cannabis is listed as having a moderate interaction with Effexor, but from the symptoms listed it looks like they're talking about THC-dominant cannabis.  I didn't see anything listed for hemp or CBD.  That doesn't mean there's no interaction.  Just means that it's not published on WebMD.

[10...]
Seven years ago I was on effexor. I started smoking weed and it was incredible. But after a month it started making me feel psychotic. Effexor is heavy duty stuff. I would be super cautious

My dispensary  has 250 mg 1 to 1. Vape pen. Cbd to thc.  What benefits does this strain have. I have to stay away from sativa. Or anything stimulating. Am using GDP now.  How does this compare?

[4d...]
Most of the vape oils I've seen contain very few terpenes (there are exceptions), so you mostly just get the THC and CBD without the influence of the terps.  Probably won't be especially calming or stimulating unless they've added something back into it (which some vape oils do).  I'm thinking it will be kind of in the middle from what info there is.

I need something for socializing since I can't drink.  Don't want a sativa. I have 9 pound hammer and GDP. Both indicas .Any way you could look on the trulieve clearwater menu and give me a recommendation?  I used to drink wine@#$$ no more...

[4d...]
At least for me, cannabis is not conducive to socializing.  I get kind of quiet after the first 20 minutes or so.  I use the stuff to sleep.  So I'm not the one to recommend a strain that would help somebody socialize.  Perhaps somebody else has a more social experience with certain strains and can add their opinion. 

Hi guys, I just started taking cbd oil and I'm absolutely blown away by how much my body seems to love it and need it.

I'm using two brands right now...charlottes web and Hemp fusion.

Is there a consensus of opinion on here regarding brands? I want to get the best since it seems to be THE panacea I've been looking for.

[4d...]

Hi guys, I just started taking cbd oil and I'm absolutely blown away by how much my body seems to love it and need it.

I'm using two brands right now...charlottes web and Hemp fusion.

Is there a consensus of opinion on here regarding brands? I want to get the best since it seems to be THE panacea I've been looking for.

Sophie - That sounds wonderful.  For the sake of our readership, can you list some of the symptoms that the CBD is helping you with?

Yes...Its helped me with social anxiety, worry, negativity, OCD, sleep, and an overall sense of calm and wellbeing. Nothing I have ever used in the past could do all this.

And I get the feeling that my body needs it. Like its providing my body with something that its desperately deficient in.