Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I'd love some advise today.

Two days ago I increased my Effexor from 187.5 to 225mg. The last two days have been hell for me. Heightened anxiety, nervousness, afraid, depressed, shaking. All I could think of this morning was wishing I got a massive heart attack. It was really hard to bear. It was more of a panic attack I guess but felt more from my mond than body.

I took about 10 drops of Hempworx CBD oil. It didn't help immediately and not sure if it helped at all or if my panic subsided. I went back down to 187.5 but I assume it may take a little bit to get back to normal.

Any suggestions on the Oil or anything? I wish there was a good forum for Effexor. The only forum I found is just bashers. Nothing constructive.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

I do not know if the Plus CBD oil will help or hurt me, but I can tell you their customer service and technical info are outstanding,  They gave me complete assays of the cannabinoid and terpene content of the products in which I was interested, and even a breakdown of the olive oil carrier.

Again, maybe it will make my head explode, but the quality of the infop was outstanding.

Ramcon1

[0e...]

I'd love some advise today.

Two days ago I increased my Effexor from 187.5 to 225mg. The last two days have been hell for me. Heightened anxiety, nervousness, afraid, depressed, shaking. All I could think of this morning was wishing I got a massive heart attack. It was really hard to bear. It was more of a panic attack I guess but felt more from my mond than body.

I took about 10 drops of Hempworx CBD oil. It didn't help immediately and not sure if it helped at all or if my panic subsided. I went back down to 187.5 but I assume it may take a little bit to get back to normal.

Any suggestions on the Oil or anything? I wish there was a good forum for Effexor. The only forum I found is just bashers. Nothing constructive.

Effexor put me on edge 4 years ago when I was on it. I remember in high school how good it made me feel, but at the same time I had underlying restlessness in my mind.  Like akasthasia of my mind. I couldn't imagine taking that being 6 months off benzos.

All,

I do not know if the Plus CBD oil will help or hurt me, but I can tell you their customer service and technical info are outstanding,  They gave me complete assays of the cannabinoid and terpene content of the products in which I was interested, and even a breakdown of the olive oil carrier.

Again, maybe it will make my head explode, but the quality of the infop was outstanding.

Ramcon1

I also purchased the Plus 1mg unflavored spray and 10mg capsules from CV Sciences. I haven't taken either of them yet because I've been so worried about potential side effects with the vat of Rx I'm tapering right now.

Please, can anyone provide me with some guidance? I desperately need a break soon from my anxiety, inability to stay asleep, abdominal cramps, and DR. I'm doing so well considering the poison I take, but I need to get even a little bit of relief, please.

Dear Joantics,

That is a lot to taper, and it is no wonder you are having difficulties.  I am not sure exactly what I would do if I were you, but I think if I were you I would look to replace zolpidem, a Z-drug-cousin to benzos with either mirtazapine/Remeron, quetiapine/Seroquel, or trazodone.  Those three are now a psychiatrists "go to" meds for insomnia.

I reinstated, and even with diazepam, Remeron, and melatonin, I still struggle with staying asleep, so I m no expert.  I would discuss those options with a psychiatrist, and you might find one of them will help you with sleep.  A rheumatologist told me many years ago that the quality of sleep you get on antidepressants like Remeron and low-dose atypical antipsychotics like seroquel and trazodone is superior to z-drugs and benzos.

I will let you know if Plus CBD helps me with sleep or in any way at all.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

Thanks so much, ramcon1! That's interesting that you've advised that about the zolpidem, because just yesterday, I was sitting here in such misery, wondering if what I've been experiencing every day is horrible interdose WD from the zolpidem. I don't have it all day, though, so is that possible?

I'll check into those three meds., even though I'm hesitant to replace one more Rx with another Rx. I'm really hoping the CBD Oil is a winner. I broke down and took a dose last night and, it might've been the placebo effect but I really felt the tension throughout my whole body ease up right after I took it. Is THAT possible?

I'm 6 months off benzos and currently taking 187.5mg Effexor. Two weeks ago I started using Hempworx CBD oil. The first week on it I felt great but I was on vacation. This last week I've been feeling awful. Monday I didn't well so I decided to increase Effexor to 225mg. I did that for two days and felt even worse for three days. I think I had all the side effects; increased nervousness, anxiety, tinnitus, shaky and unable to catch my breath. Thursday I reduced the effexor to 187.5 and Friday (yesterday) was a pretty good day. This morning I was up with all the symptoms I mentioned and it hasn't let up.

My question, do you think it's the effexor or perhaps it's the CBD oil that is making me worse? My CNS is so sensitive that I'm starting to question if the CBD is effecting me.

PaulMar, if you don't get a reply soon, maybe you should post this in "Other Medications", too. I'm sure you'll get some good info. from someone.

Joantics,

I HATE, zolpidem.  All those damn Z- drugs are just useless unless you are truly an occasional insomniac (has anyone actually ever met one of those?) and damn near impossible to taper.

Way off topic, I just threw 25 mg (lowest dose) Seroquel/quetiapine in my sleep med mix, and boy did I sleep!  I have that "woo woo woo woo woo" feeling but it is fading.  I have been on mirt for so long, I think it may have just petered out on me.  I am going to bounce some ideas off my pdoc next week.

Back to CBD, as I said I have only tried the NYS 1:6 THC:CBD and it hit me like a mack truck going 100 mph.  My doctor, who of course because he is a doctors said do not use supplements, I just took too much and need to try the med again.  I told him I was hesitant to get hit by the same truck only going 10 mph, but would try that if Plus CBD does not help. Side bar, I shut him up quickly when he said "you do not know the quality of the content." and I sent him the assays which were were far more thorough than anything I have ever seen from a drug company.  For those who asked CW about terpenes, Plus gives you teropene content. 

But I share the same concerns as many of you, and hope that someone can chime in.  What I know: THC is a CB1 agonist.  Works just like endocannabinoids, only more powerful.  CBD is a CB1 antagonist/competitive agonist, so blocking the endocannabinoids.  What do either of those facts mean to us?  I have no idea. 

What I think I know but cannot prove: there are two types of benzo damaged people, those who are predominantly GABA downregulated, and those who are predominantly NMDA/AMPA upregulated.  If you are sensitive to foods and meds, I think you are the NMDA/AMPA upregulated type.  That is me.

Someone said CBD was stimulating.  Do any of my fellow armchair neurologists have any ideas as to what CBD is likely to do to us NMDA/AMPA upregulated members?

I will have the Plus formula in a few days, and am just wondering in fear like the rest of you what the hell it is going to do to me.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Ramcon1

I second this opinion:

I HATE, zolpidem.  All those damn Z- drugs are just useless unless you are truly an occasional insomniac (has anyone actually ever met one of those?) and damn near impossible to taper.

Ambien was one nasty drug for me. It stopped working and I was in tolerance w/d, just like I was with my benzo. I had rotten, awful daytime s/x. I did taper it to zero (reduced by approximately 10% every two weeks by cutting pieces off the pills) but it was very damned hard. So tapering Z drugs can be done.

Now for sleep I use a bit of a high THC Indica tincture that I made. Three drops in a bit of juice before bed. It doesn't work like Ambien, or even Unisom (i.e. it doesn't hit you over the head and make you unconscious), but it is relaxing and eases me into sleep. And no morning grogginess.

Hope this helps someone.

Katz

I guess I am wondering if CBD really is stimulating and THC is calming, and it was the CBD that hit me like a truck.  It is possible, and we use this phrase so many times I am sick of it "everyone is different,"  so sadly, there is no real way to know that until I try.

I wonder this also.  I got some Charlottes Web Everyday Plus CBD oil and I think it ramps me up.  I feel so bad anyway all the time I really can't tell what symptom comes from what.  I know my stomach burning is awful these last few days, I tried some CW oil yesterday and it was a simply awful day.  Could be a coincidence but I just don't know anymore either. So tired of it all. I see no way out of this mess I am in. 

As I said, I'm on Effexor but I think it was the CBD Oil that ramped up my system. I've been on Effexor 4 months starting on a low dose and slowly increasing but in no time did I feel so anxious and nervous. Perhaps the CBD Oil interacted with the Effexor? In any case, I'm going to stay off CBD Oil to see if my anxiety goes down somewhat.

Most of us have a hyper sensitive CNS and it's probably best to stay off of anything. I would get off of Effexor and Trazedone if I wasn't worried about depression. I had problems with depression before anxiety and that didn't feel good at all.

CBD is not stimulating for me. It acts like a mild tranquilizer.

I feel like it puts a barrier between me and the intensity of some symptoms.

I do worry about it acting on GABA and delaying my healing in some way. From what I have read it does not act on the same receptor site as benzos but does act on GABA in some way.

Like I said in a previous thread make sure you get the CBD from reputable companies.

Lots of snake oil out there. Any company that does not list their certified lab results for each batch of CBD should be avoided.

CW Hemp, Green Mountain CBD are two that I have tried and both work well.

Thanks klonodan,

I'm using HempWorx which was a recommended brand. Do you think it could be interacting with Effexor or Trazedone? I last does was on Friday and i did feel good that day. Saturday and yesterday were not so good with my CNS really ramped up. Today been a bit of a ride but I think it's calming down now. I want to stay off of CBD for a week to see how I feel.

BTW, I also took about 10 drops, three times per day. At the beginning I was only taking twice per day. Could taking too much cause my CNS to ramp up?

A lot of unknowns but I have to say the 10 day window I had was one of the best in 6 years. This could also be that I've been off benzos for 6.5 months now.

I'm 6 months off benzos and currently taking 187.5mg Effexor. Two weeks ago I started using Hempworx CBD oil. The first week on it I felt great but I was on vacation. This last week I've been feeling awful. Monday I didn't well so I decided to increase Effexor to 225mg. I did that for two days and felt even worse for three days. I think I had all the side effects; increased nervousness, anxiety, tinnitus, shaky and unable to catch my breath. Thursday I reduced the effexor to 187.5 and Friday (yesterday) was a pretty good day. This morning I was up with all the symptoms I mentioned and it hasn't let up.

My question, do you think it's the effexor or perhaps it's the CBD oil that is making me worse? My CNS is so sensitive that I'm starting to question if the CBD is effecting me.

I just have a difficult time believing the CBD would cause a slew of such awful symptoms. I know there's some neurology involved that I'm not incredibly familiar with, but I tend to lean toward blaming the effexor, especially after an unsuccessful increase, or just the wild, unpredictable, non-linear symptoms of withdrawal and recovery.

I've been taking CBD for years (along with THC, during and after benzos and ADs) and it never makes me feel worse than I already do. CBD is what we recommend to minimize the negative effects of THC, like anxiety and paranoia. It's a neuroprotectant and antioxidant.

There's no real way for dispensary employees to educate ourselves, so often times we're searching online for scholarly information just like everyone else, to educate ourselves as best as possible. I also try and collect information from our customers about their experiences. I can't wait until we're actively researching THC and CBD enough that there are multiple sources of solid information to review.

Of course stopping the CBD is a sure fire way to make sure it's not the culprit. I really hope it's not. You can probably just dose twice a day for optimum results. Best wishes for continued healing!

Has anyone tried Corazon mj strain? It's supposed to be a cross between Charlotte's Web and AC/DC. It's available at some of my local dispensaries (Oregon) but I wondered if anyone has tried it. Apparently its strength is 22% CBD and only 2.7% THC. And if anyone has tried it, do you use it for sleep? Pain? What?

Thanks.

Katz

I want to try CBD to lessen some of my sxs. However, I've read that it's metabolized by liver enzyme CYP 2C19. Has anyone with a polymorphism of this enzyme used CBD with success? Miyu? Thanks!

Hi Aurora,

Yesterday my symptoms lifted after 2pm and last night was the first good sleep at home I've had in years. Today is one of my best days at work in years starting from the morning. Usually my mornings are bad. Anyways, I will stay of the CBD for a while and see how I do. I will then increase my Effexor and see if I get the same SFX.

I would love nothing more than to get off of AD's and just take the occasional CBD.

Hi Aurora,

Yesterday my symptoms lifted after 2pm and last night was the first good sleep at home I've had in years. Today is one of my best days at work in years starting from the morning. Usually my mornings are bad. Anyways, I will stay of the CBD for a while and see how I do. I will then increase my Effexor and see if I get the same SFX.

I would love nothing more than to get off of AD's and just take the occasional CBD.

I'm so glad to hear your symptoms lifted and you had a great morning!

It'll be nice to get rid of the ADs too. All in good time. I decided to jump off Wellbutrin when I jumped off Klonopin because Wellbutrin was never really helping me; they were trying way too hard to have me on an AD, any AD, even though I was intolerant to all others. I strongly believe it was making my anxiety worse.

Do certain CBD Oil strains raise histamine and others lower it, maybe?

Idk and I'm desperate for the right answers.

I like the hybrid, it doesn’t affect the net charge much.

Do you deal w paranoia because of....

I just had a lightbulb moment maybe wait—

Metaphysically any drug can be potentially spiritually dangerous.

If we are the more sensitive and feel life but don’t get along in the world because we can’t deny our feelings, and there is a threat to darkness when we are relieved of invisible bars...

Then who would it make most sense to poison?

I want to try CBD to lessen some of my sxs. However, I've read that it's metabolized by liver enzyme CYP 2C19. Has anyone with a polymorphism of this enzyme used CBD with success? Miyu? Thanks!

Any ideas or thoughts? I'm in a lot of pain from TMJ and need relief. I hope there is some type of cannabis I can tolerate.