Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi Sophie,

How much are you taking? I first tried CBD oil that had 7%THC and 27% CBD. The THC was way too high and I felt high and it wasn't pleasant as it didn't help my anxiety. I then tried Hempworx that has 0.3%THC and this didn't get me high and it did help a little. It's only been three days and they say it could take a week. I'm hoping it will also be my panacea.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul. The company I use has no THC and it doesn't even give the amount of CBD either. Its a full spectrum complex derived from the hemp plant.

From shopping around, I have found it hard to find anything with THC in it. I'm afraid to try anything with THC because I used to smoke weed years ago and it made me very paranoid so I'm afraid to go there again.

Here's a link to the stuff I take

https://hempfusion.com/product/5-0-phytocomplex/

How long after you jumped from your taper did you introduce the CBD oil into your body? I tried a 1/3 dose last week while I am in the last weeks of my taper and felt crappy for 2 days. And this oil was the reason I decided to go off Xanax - which is a big bummer to me for the moment.  :'(

I didn't introduce CBD oil until 3 years after my taper. I wouldn't have tolerated it earlier in my recovery because my brain was super sensitive. I couldn't even handle Vitamin C back then without severely reving my symptoms. So be careful and if you try to introduce it again do so with the tiniest possible dose and slowly increase as you can tolerate.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am finding the ole brain is super sensitive, and I still have 3+ weeks left in my taper. I had hoped to try it again in 6 months or so but it may have to be longer. I wonder how long a freshly opened hemp CBD oil will last? Only 5 drops out of the whole bottle  :'(

[f6...]

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am finding the ole brain is super sensitive, and I still have 3+ weeks left in my taper. I had hoped to try it again in 6 months or so but it may have to be longer. I wonder how long a freshly opened hemp CBD oil will last? Only 5 drops out of the whole bottle  :'(

Those oils are very stable.  Put it in the fridge and it should keep for years.

Okay, so I am ready to report back on my first month of prescription cannabis.  So I actually like the sativa blends more...I think because I don't need help becoming sleepy, I need help getting my mind off things.  I had one bad experience with an Indica blend, where I went to go to sleep but I got an obsessive bad thought that just kept me up and upset.  Then, a similar thing happened with no cannabis involved at all, so I'm pretty sure that was just benzo withdrawal the cannabis couldn't touch, but the Indica blend didn't help me.

So far I've just been having it in the evening, and on weekends earlier in the day.  Although I have a prescription I don't really feel comfortable being high in public other than just taking a walk, but that may change as time goes on cause my anxiety seems to be getting better.  This last month, I have had a LOT more calm and happy moments. 

If nothing else, cannabis has helped me to actually enjoy some things and laugh again, which has been really hard during these last two years of tapering.  There's a website with reviews and stuff and I am thinking of writing up some reviews to give an opinion specific to benzo withdrawal, although, I can see that most people like Indica and I'm already the odd one out with this opinion.  My main problem was being angry though and not anxious so maybe sativa is better for anger? 

Hello Thread,

I reluctantly write this in hopes of getting some valid opinions. I have been a consumer of cannabis for many years. It has helped me through many rough days filled with anxiety and nausea. In addition, I do not care for the way alcohol affects my body. This made cannabis an obvious choice for me.

When I recently quit K ct, I was using cannabis to help me through the day. I was smoking much much much less than I used to regularly. A few nights ago, my body reacted differently to the herb than it ever has before. I did not like the echoing in my brain, I was jittery and I felt ill. MJ is a great friend of mine, she's been by my side for years.

Has anyone else experienced such a change? Should I visit MJ again? Should I go to her good cousin CBD?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks BB Warriors!

~Sum

[f6...]

Hello Thread,

I reluctantly write this in hopes of getting some valid opinions. I have been a consumer of cannabis for many years. It has helped me through many rough days filled with anxiety and nausea. In addition, I do not care for the way alcohol affects my body. This made cannabis an obvious choice for me.

When I recently quit K ct, I was using cannabis to help me through the day. I was smoking much much much less than I used to regularly. A few nights ago, my body reacted differently to the herb than it ever has before. I did not like the echoing in my brain, I was jittery and I felt ill. MJ is a great friend of mine, she's been by my side for years.

Has anyone else experienced such a change? Should I visit MJ again? Should I go to her good cousin CBD?

Thanks BB Warriors!

~Sum

Was this bad adventure using the same herb that you had been previously enjoying or was it a new sample?

Yeah, same exact bud, same bag different day. I haven't touched it since. Very strange. I'm blaming Benzos. I am concerned because it is something I am use to for help healing. I am afraid of my taper without it (I'm afraid anyway) but MJ helps so much...

Hello Thread,

Thanks BB Warriors!

~Sum

Hi Sum,

I've been using THC for 25 years and CBD for almost 3 years. I live in a legal state and have worked in a medical dispensary for almost 4 years. I've also been using MJ to help me through my taper, withdrawal and recovery. It's been a godsend. I also believe that was probably a one-time thing. I choose my strains very carefully, mostly Indicas/Indica-Hybrids and some Sativas, but sometimes my brain is such a healing a-hole that it negatively affects my high no matter what. Our healing brains definitely influence what we smoke/ingest.

I believe CBD helps counteract the negative effects of THC; I take 35mg in the morning to fight anxiety and stay focused during the day. It could be helpful if you find you need some assistance in the future.

Have you heard about terpenes, the "essential oils" of cannabis plants? They're becoming more prevalent in research and news, but are still a relatively new thing in the cannabis world. They apparently can also influence your high as well as the Sativa/Indica designations; it's fascinating! Some strains I choose for one thing are classified totally differently when it comes to their terpenes. It should become a major factor in choosing strains in the future!

cannabis-terpenes-what-you-smell-is-how-youll-feel_558356861aead_w1500.png

Claysummer, I'm thinking your bad reaction to MJ was more from benzo wd and not the MJ. Or its the hypersensitivity of your brain that could be overwhelmed right now. You have to be careful during this process of benzo wd because the brain is injured from the benzos and will be behaving differently to different things.

Is anyone here an ultra rapid metabolizer of CYP2C19? Diazepam and Cannabis are both metabolized by this liver enzyme. Not quite sure what the interaction will be. I know Maya 6882 was also an ultra rapid metabolizer, but she hasn't been around for a while. Thanks!

Hello Thread,

Thanks BB Warriors!

~Sum

Hi Sum,

I've been using THC for 25 years and CBD for almost 3 years. I live in a legal state and have worked in a medical dispensary for almost 4 years. I've also been using MJ to help me through my taper, withdrawal and recovery. It's been a godsend. I also believe that was probably a one-time thing. I choose my strains very carefully, mostly Indicas/Indica-Hybrids and some Sativas, but sometimes my brain is such a healing a-hole that it negatively affects my high no matter what. Our healing brains definitely influence what we smoke/ingest.

I believe CBD helps counteract the negative effects of THC; I take 35mg in the morning to fight anxiety and stay focused during the day. It could be helpful if you find you need some assistance in the future.

Have you heard about terpenes, the "essential oils" of cannabis plants? They're becoming more prevalent in research and news, but are still a relatively new thing in the cannabis world. They apparently can also influence your high as well as the Sativa/Indica designations; it's fascinating! Some strains I choose for one thing are classified totally differently when it comes to their terpenes. It should become a major factor in choosing strains in the future!

cannabis-terpenes-what-you-smell-is-how-youll-feel_558356861aead_w1500.png

Thanks for this info.  This is really informative.

I live in Oregon, so I could go to a recreational place, and legally buy CBD oil.  However, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, for anxiety relief.  I quit Clonazepam two weeks ago, and I still feel the withdrawals a lot.  In fact, just trying to figure out where to start is kind of stressing me out (lol...).  What online stores are good to browse?  I read earlier on this thread that someone uses CBDistillery.  On that website, a 1000 mg amount costs $60.  Is that a good price & product?  This is a bit overwhelming.  Thanks.

I live in Oregon, so I could go to a recreational place, and legally buy CBD oil.  However, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, for anxiety relief.  I quit Clonazepam two weeks ago, and I still feel the withdrawals a lot.  In fact, just trying to figure out where to start is kind of stressing me out (lol...).  What online stores are good to browse?  I read earlier on this thread that someone uses CBDistillery.  On that website, a 1000 mg amount costs $60.  Is that a good price & product?  This is a bit overwhelming.  Thanks.

We stock Charlotte's Web, CBDistillery, Flora Mercantile and CBD Infusionz, to name a few, in our dispensary. (I'm in Colorado.) I trust all those companies.

We sell tinctures containing 500mg in the 30mL size for $60, so 1000mg in the 15mL size is comparable. They're doing twice as many mgs in half the oil for the same price.  :)

Bought CBD oil for the first time today. 6mg per dropper. Tried the capsules before a friend gave me and they helped. I had to drop 4mg of xanax for 5 days, so two days in I'm surprised I feel ..not half bad on only 2mg xanax per day. Took quite a bit of the cbd though, but I like it.

There's a sale- maybe?- on CBD oil at my cannabis story.  I am really confused about the oil.  What is a good price?  How much do I use and how is it equivalent to packing the vaporizer?

[f6...]

There's a sale- maybe?- on CBD oil at my cannabis story.  I am really confused about the oil.  What is a good price?  How much do I use and how is it equivalent to packing the vaporizer?

Tough question.  How much are you vaping?  That would dictate how much you would want to use.  You'll eat more per day than you'll vape because it's less efficiently absorbed when you eat it.

Prices vary widely.  I think bulk cbd (hemp) oil is running less than 7 cents a mg, but you'd have to buy pounds of it.  I see it selling retail for around 10-12 cents a mg if you are willing to buy in quantity (e.g. 1500 mg CBD in 10g oil).  Maybe 15-20 cents a mg in 1g syringes.  If you're using CBD oil with some THC in it, it will probably cost more as those are smaller grows compared with Kentucky growing hemp by the acre.

Hi all,

I posted on this forum back in July/August. Over the past few months, I have tried a few different strains/methods mostly with higher THC- vaping, edibles, capsules. I would really like to try more of the higher CBD strains so that I can use during the day. I have a tic disorder and I am looking for something to help with this (the reason I take Klonopin). I am also trying to make larger cuts so I am helping the MMJ will also help with withdrawals.

Questions:

At my dispensary, they discouraged me from using the CBD oil saying I would need 25 drops at a time- does this sound right? Should I try a different dispensary and see if they have a different cbd oil?

I am also noticing more strains with the higher cbd (these are for vaping). One dispensary near me has AC/DC and another one has Cannatonic? Has anyone tried either of these?

As always, Thank you!!1