Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I've been taking 10mg THC gelcaps for relaxation and sleep pretty regularly since a recent business trip to CA, where I legally obtained them. Works great. However what concerns me is I am starting to feel like 10mg isn't doing it for me, and I seem to now need 20 to achieve the effect that 10 used to give. Which is a sign of tolerance. Which is a sign of dependence. After going through hell to get off benzos, I don't want to wind up at some forum like cannabuddies.org (I just made that up) trying to figure out how to taper THC gelcaps. Is that a legitimate concern?

The only way I can think of to taper a gelcap is to get a syringe/needle and remove some of the contents.  That should actually work fairly well I would think.  Depending on the viscosity of the contents you'd have to figure out what gauge needle to use.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so grateful for all of the information that I am getting from this group!

Questions-

Aurora- Is that CBD oil?

And for those of you that are using CBD oil, does it help with sleep?

Badsocref-I have tried some MMJ with THC (sunshine daydream). It seems to give me a little energy but also seems to help me fall asleep (sometimes). My problem is staying asleep. I also feel like the MMJ gives me a headache and dries me out. Is there something else I should be looking for?

I am thinking about CBD oil during the day and THC at night. By the way, I have tried THC edibles but I did not like them at all.

Thanks again!

I use CBD oil (no THC) but it does not help me sleep.

I don't know where you can find it in NYC, but I use cannatonic which has tested out at 14:1 (CBD:THC).  I wouldn't (personally) go any higher in THC except at night for sleep.

Challis and all,

Thanks for the reply.  I can get a 1:19 formulation from a medical MJ dispensary in New York with my medical MJ card.  But in New York, plant complexes are not available, only oils.  And my choices are limited. 1:6 was very powerful and had many undesirable effects.  It was stimulating ("glutamated" me) and very dehydrating.

I am tempted to just try the 1:19.  It is expensive. Between the docs and the products I have already spent over $500 for the privilege of getting sick.  BUT, there were some positive effects after the negative effects wore off.  Then there was rebound glutamate so SOMETHING worked.

Right now, I am looking at other options.  I know that the most THC a product can contain and be universally legal in the US .0.3%  I wanted to know if anyone out there knew of a company that stated "We offer a decarboxylated CBD product with the full plant complex and at the legal limit of 0.3% THC."

If that product exists, I would try that first.

Does anyone know of such a product?

I am digging myself and if I find it, I will post here.

Thanks again,

Ramcon1

Ramcon,

I suppose if you need something between 1:6 and 1:19 you could buy both and mix to whatever dilution you like.  There is a cost issue but assuming that you actually use everything it should all even out.

Nathan,

It was not so much the in between factor as the "whole plant entourage effect," (more natural) I was seeking.  And sadly, the 1:6 I got was vaping oil and the 1:19 is only available sublingual.

If I decide to go straight to the 1:19, and it is not potent enough, I can and will take your advice and get the 1:6 sublingual and do the algebra to tweak it.

I also found a company, Plus CBDoil that claims to pick up where Charlotte's Web left off.  I will call them this week to see if I can get an assay of their stuff.

Still looking for the experience of others.

Thank you again,

Ramcon1

Challis and all,

Thanks for the reply.  I can get a 1:19 formulation from a medical MJ dispensary in New York with my medical MJ card.  But in New York, plant complexes are not available, only oils.  And my choices are limited. 1:6 was very powerful and had many undesirable effects.  It was stimulating ("glutamated" me) and very dehydrating.

I am tempted to just try the 1:19.  It is expensive. Between the docs and the products I have already spent over $500 for the privilege of getting sick.  BUT, there were some positive effects after the negative effects wore off.  Then there was rebound glutamate so SOMETHING worked.

Right now, I am looking at other options.  I know that the most THC a product can contain and be universally legal in the US .0.3%  I wanted to know if anyone out there knew of a company that stated "We offer a decarboxylated CBD product with the full plant complex and at the legal limit of 0.3% THC."

If that product exists, I would try that first.

Does anyone know of such a product?

I am digging myself and if I find it, I will post here.

Thanks again,

Ramcon1

Hi Ramcon1,

I think I understand your request. Charlotte's Web CBD products are made with the whole plant. It's all grown and processed in Colorado. CWHemp just focuses on growing this low-THC, high-CBD strain. It always has 0.3% or less THC. There are 3 different strengths. You can order it to all 50 states.

https://www.cwhemp.com/blog/difference-hemp-marijuana

Auro,

CW and Plus will have to have less than 0.3% to sell across the US.  I was wondering if either of them or ANY CBD oil company "passively" markets their products as, (paraphrasing) "We push the limit to make sure you get 0.299% THC to make the whole product more effective."(?)

That is my REAL question.

Ramcon1

For a minority of people, THC causes severe anxiety and paranoia (like me).  When I look for CBD oil, I purposely try to get it with the least amount of THC.  Also, THC is what companies look for when they drug test you, so having the least amount is a wise move, if your company drug tests. 

[08...]
If my company drug tested me, I'd find a new company to work for. None of their business what I do when I'm not at work.

Auro,

CW and Plus will have to have less than 0.3% to sell across the US.  I was wondering if either of them or ANY CBD oil company "passively" markets their products as, (paraphrasing) "We push the limit to make sure you get 0.299% THC to make the whole product more effective."(?)

That is my REAL question.

Ramcon1

Gotcha. I looked for Charlotte's Web potency results and came up short. Their website says you can contact them for batch results. That's frustrating for me because I sell their product where I work and would like to have that info readily accessible.

I looked up the few other companies we stock and found potency results from CBDistillery. They're testing at .24/.25% THC, depending on the product. I haven't tried their tincture because we only stock their isolate, but I've determined them to be the highest THC up to .3% I locally know of at this time. They ship to all 50 states. Might be worth a look.  :)

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/

For a minority of people, THC causes severe anxiety and paranoia (like me).  When I look for CBD oil, I purposely try to get it with the least amount of THC.  Also, THC is what companies look for when they drug test you, so having the least amount is a wise move, if your company drug tests.

Have you ever found CBD oil with a little THC? My experience is that most of this is available as all THC, no THC or 1:1. I haven't found many varieties that contain a slight amount of THC.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  Legally, the amount of THC in CBD products has to almost zero (less than 0.3% I think) in order to be 50 state legal.  Pure Kana makes CBD products with much less than 0.3% which is what I currently take.  If I didn't have a bad reaction to THC, and if I didn't worry about job drug tests, I would probably look for a combination of THC and CBD too. 

Nathan,

It was not so much the in between factor as the "whole plant entourage effect," (more natural) I was seeking.  And sadly, the 1:6 I got was vaping oil and the 1:19 is only available sublingual.

If I decide to go straight to the 1:19, and it is not potent enough, I can and will take your advice and get the 1:6 sublingual and do the algebra to tweak it.

I also found a company, Plus CBDoil that claims to pick up where Charlotte's Web left off.  I will call them this week to see if I can get an assay of their stuff.

Still looking for the experience of others.

Thank you again,

Ramcon1

Ramcon, I'm experimenting with a 20:1  CBD :THC oil. It's $50 oz. ut I'm in CA . It's ACDC , organic , full spectrum I believe and tested for all it's Terpines ( If I've got that right).

I could get you connected to the seller , But not sure its legal to mail at 20:1?

I'm looking for some advice on dosing.... I am just dosing  3 x day , 2 drops per dose. I don't know how to tell how much to take?SHould I be looking for symptom relief? Haven't found that yet!

I believe CAre By Design does an 18:1 spray and vape. Also AX does a 20:1 vape . Both available online in CA, but again , not sure of the legalities of shipping out of state.

SOrry if that's not very helpful!

ANyone any advice on dosing?

tahnk you ,

MiYu

Ok < I just read Yesterday post and I guess even 20:1 is not legal across states , sorry :(

miYu,

I’ve taken both of those you mention. I’ve taken 1/2 dropper Fuller bith Ac/dc and cbd brand.  I’m now usin treatwell 20:1.  They also have a 4:1 and a 1:1.  Plus THCa which is non psychoactive.  I started very slowly but upped along the way and tried different ratios.  I’m not sure it makes a big difference with my main symptoms now which are pain, migraines, and exhaustion but I’ve noticed no negatives. 

Btw-I emailed fiddlers green who makes the ac/dc as there dosing seems off that they list on side bottle.  They never answered me. Grr.

I have a question about nausea.

I have been using CBD oil since August for this. It helps to some degree. I wish it helped more. If I had access to something with THC, do you think that might help more? And if so, would the amount I would likely need for nausea relief leave me impaired from the THC?

I live in what is now a very strict medical marijuana state, and I would have to jump through hoops to try to get access, so I am wondering if it would be worth it. Nausea has been my most prominent withdrawal symptom, and two years into my taper, I am simply growing weary of this.

Thanks for any opinion.

You can start with a ratio of 20:1 or 3:1.  Several of the tinctures here use THCa which is TCH in it's non pscho reactive form.  If it would help it more trial and error as there are so many variables to each brand and person.

Have you ever found CBD oil with a little THC? My experience is that most of this is available as all THC, no THC or 1:1. I haven't found many varieties that contain a slight amount of THC.

Many CBD oils have a "trace" amount of THC, like Flora's. Others have more, like CBDistillery, whose CBD oil is testing higher at .25% THC. Here's an example:

"Flora’s Hemp Extract 500 

TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION: Alcohol Extracted Industrial Hemp Distillate in Organic Olive Oil.

500mg CBD

TEST RESULTS: CBD 609mg (2.1%) | Trace Amounts: THC & CBC & CBG

CBD to THC Ratio: 22:1"

http://florasmercantile.com/shop/hemp-extract-500mg-cbd

[0c...]
I contacted CW and asked for a report.  They sent three, but none had any terpene info.  I asked about that, and it turns out that they don't actually test for terpenes even though they say their products contain terpenes.  In my experience, oils often lose most of their terps due to heating/decarboxylation.  There are ways to not lose them, but CW has not made it clear if they do anything to retain them or not.  So if you're looking for the full entourage effect, you may need to find another product.  Or perhaps if enough people ask, they'll starting getting their terps profiled.

Ramcon, I'm experimenting with a 20:1  CBD :THC oil. It's $50 oz. ut I'm in CA . It's ACDC , organic , full spectrum I believe and tested for all it's Terpines ( If I've got that right).

I could get you connected to the seller , But not sure its legal to mail at 20:1?

I'm looking for some advice on dosing.... I am just dosing  3 x day , 2 drops per dose. I don't know how to tell how much to take?SHould I be looking for symptom relief? Haven't found that yet!

I believe CAre By Design does an 18:1 spray and vape. Also AX does a 20:1 vape . Both available online in CA, but again , not sure of the legalities of shipping out of state.

SOrry if that's not very helpful!

ANyone any advice on dosing?

tahnk you ,

MiYu

Ok < I just read Yesterday post and I guess even 20:1 is not legal across states , sorry :(

Hi MiYu,

I have a couple questions: Are there dosing instructions on your bottle? Do you know how many milligrams are in a drop/dropper of your oil? Do you mean a drop or a full dropper? You could probably just dose twice a day.

The smallest tincture dosage we carry is 22mg via two full droppers of Charlotte's Web 200mg CBD oil, so that's what I recommend to new users. Sometimes they'll recommend a similar dosage to THC tinctures/edibles, 5-10mgs to start, but you're probably okay with more.

It's non-psychoactive, a neuroprotectant and antioxidant, and really isn't supposed to do anything but benefit the brain, so if you aren't experiencing a therapeutic effect from what you're currently taking, and it's not revving you up, I think it's okay to suggest you try more.

I take 35mg in the morning, sometimes more, and think I need an even higher dose to achieve true therapeutic effects. This morning I took 55mg because I had some extra tincture. Everyone is different, and definitely be careful because we're in fragile states, but you may need more to get what you're looking for.

Some companies do ship to all 50 states; the product has to test at .3% THC or less. Charlotte's Web, CBDistillery and Flora's Mercantile are a few companies near me that do.

miYu,

I’ve taken both of those you mention. I’ve taken 1/2 dropper Fuller bith Ac/dc and cbd brand.  I’m now usin treatwell 20:1.  They also have a 4:1 and a 1:1.  Plus THCa which is non psychoactive.  I started very slowly but upped along the way and tried different ratios.  I’m not sure it makes a big difference with my main symptoms now which are pain, migraines, and exhaustion but I’ve noticed no negatives. 

Btw-I emailed fiddlers green who makes the ac/dc as there dosing seems off that they list on side bottle.  They never answered me. Grr.

THanks Drew, I am just taking 6 drops a day right now, I'll see if increasing over time makes any difference... :thumbsup:

I contacted CW and asked for a report.  They sent three, but none had any terpene info.  I asked about that, and it turns out that they don't actually test for terpenes even though they say their products contain terpenes.  In my experience, oils often lose most of their terps due to heating/decarboxylation.  There are ways to not lose them, but CW has not made it clear if they do anything to retain them or not.  So if you're looking for the full entourage effect, you may need to find another product.  Or perhaps if enough people ask, they'll starting getting their terps profiled.

Thanks for contacting them. Are they averaging more than just a trace of THC in their products?

I just made myself a reminder to contact them about terpene testing. They're one of the biggest, most recognizable, popular CBD companies out there; they should be doing it!

miYu,

THanks Drew, I am just taking 6 drops a day right now, I'll see if increasing over time makes any difference... :thumbsup:

From what I learned from my friends who work at various dispensaries is you will get the most benefit from the highest cbd:the ratio you can tolerate.  I started at 20:1 and finally last night I did about ten drops of 1:1.  I slept like a log and felt better all day than anytime in the last few weeks.  One day can just be a one off.  There is some psychoactive component from what they told me in the Treatwell 1:1.  I was a little groggy upon wake up. But pretty clear an hour later.  Working from home this week so I can test out things. 

Hey all yall,

Hope you are having better days than I am.  Today is a doozy.  In New York State, the ONLY way you can get medical MJ is in extracted oils that are pure formulations of a ratio of THC to CBD suspended in coconut oil.  I tried a 1:6 vape once.  It was about 1 mg THC and 6 mg CBD.  Whoa, and I am still not "right."  I FELT the instant rise in glutamate and have been riding the sine wave for a week.  Other factors are involved as well, but there have been points where I said, "I feel better."

I have two thoughts, and I would like your opinions.  Thought one: 1mg THC is just WAY to much THC for a benzo damaged person who also has histamine issues like me. Thought two:  Plants are meant to be consumed as a whole, not by the parts man thinks are "best."  We know there are plants out there with benzo like properties that would have been a hell of a lot better for us had we "chosen" them in the first place.

With this line of thinking, I am going to hold off trying New York State's next/much weaker pure THC:CBD 1:19.  Instead, I just purchased "Plus CBD oil 500 mg spray" (sublingual). 

Company:

https://pluscbdoil.com/

What I bought:

https://pluscbdoil.com/cbd-products/cbd-oil-spray/pluscbd-oil-spray/

It came recommended from my nutritionist friend. I got an assay of its components and 1 ml contains about 0.167 mg THC and 8.3mg CBD so 1:50. and it is a "whole plant entourage."  I will have it in about a week.

What do you all think about that thought process and quantities of "active" components?

Thank you in advance,

Ramcon1

[ce...]
Cbd can be stimulating.  But it has helped me in the past. But not if taken every day. Everyone is different tho. Less is more with cbd