Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Could cbd/thc be making me feel worse?  I feel.really depressed today afyer using cbd/thc throughout the weekend.  Or am I just depressed from this situation??  Anyone have experience with this?  I had SI bad this morning, didn't sleep last night, couldn't sleep this morning after takinh 25 mg Xanax and 20 mg hydroxyzine.  Woke up in a jolt every 2 minutes.  Feeling completely hopeless and emotionless.  When I tell my husband I love him, I don't feel it.  This is awful and has me so scared for myself.

I don't recall ever feeling depressed after using THC or CBD. I've been using THC for 25 years and CBD for about 4 years. It usually helps alleviate depression for me.

I did, however, just respond to a post regarding how benzo and AD withdrawal and recovery has left me feeling horribly depressed at times, far beyond what I was ever diagnosed with, with unpredictable mood swings, often back and forth in a single day. I tend to think it's the pills and this process more than the cannabis or hemp. But, of course, if you suspect it's not helping you feel better, you can always stop and make surely sure.

It sounds like you're experiencing emotional blunting. I've experienced it throughout this process. I swear it'll get better as you get better. Hang in there.  :)

I saw my psych today (emergency appt) and he wants me to try 15 mgs remeron.  I'm going to try it.  I was so bad this morning...I can't keep going like this.  He agrees.

You, hi. Hello. I want to say I have had thc worsen deprsssion when it is a indica (solely) strain. The solely sativa strains make me anxious. A Hybrid works though/ cross

Found this right now:

If Not Indica Weed or Sativa Weed, Then What?

Unfortunately, the terms indica and sativa have come to represent definitive effects of cannabis within our culture’s nomenclature. Indica has come to indicate a body-buzz, feelings of sedation and relaxation or being stoned. On the other hand, sativa has come to mean more of a cerebral, energetic, uplifting high. The truth is many “indicas” can produce this sativa high, while many “sativas” can produce an indica stoned feeling.*

In reality, our culture needs to begin moving away from describing cannabis effects as “indica” or “sativa”. These terms should be reserved only for growers, breeders and scientists who want to articulate growth patterns or needs, species origin, flowering times or genetic lineage. When it comes to talking about the effects of strains, we need to move into the discussion of terpenes.

:)

https://hightimes.com/grow/understanding-the-effects-of-indica-vs-sativa/

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Could cbd/thc be making me feel worse?  I feel.really depressed today afyer using cbd/thc throughout the weekend.  Or am I just depressed from this situation??  Anyone have experience with this?  I had SI bad this morning, didn't sleep last night, couldn't sleep this morning after takinh 25 mg Xanax and 20 mg hydroxyzine.  Woke up in a jolt every 2 minutes.  Feeling completely hopeless and emotionless.  When I tell my husband I love him, I don't feel it.  This is awful and has me so scared for myself.

Yes- absolutely, strains matter. I just discovered this.

I will keep touting the hybrid idea as long as I know it is this positively affecting.

I don't recall ever feeling depressed after using THC or CBD. I've been using THC for 25 years and CBD for about 4 years. It usually helps alleviate depression for me.

I did, however, just respond to a post regarding how benzo and AD withdrawal and recovery has left me feeling horribly depressed at times, far beyond what I was ever diagnosed with, with unpredictable mood swings, often back and forth in a single day. I tend to think it's the pills and this process more than the cannabis or hemp. But, of course, if you suspect it's not helping you feel better, you can always stop and make surely sure.

It sounds like you're experiencing emotional blunting. I've experienced it throughout this process. I swear it'll get better as you get better. Hang in there.  :)

I saw my psych today (emergency appt) and he wants me to try 15 mgs remeron.  I'm going to try it.  I was so bad this morning...I can't keep going like this.  He agrees.

You, hi. Hello. I want to say I have had thc worsen deprsssion when it is a indica (solely) strain. The solely sativa strains make me anxious. A Hybrid works though/ cross

I'm actually using a vape that is 41% cbd, 8% the  (5:1).  So very little THC.

Oh ok, my tch is higher. I get pain relief and uplift at around 21%

Mood stabilizer effect too. I do have to deal w paranoia a bit.

Here in Colorado they are going to start selling the CBD Oil at the pharmacies. They have to figure out how much you can buy and how much to charge , it is probably a standard dose.

G.

[1e...]
Found this right now:

Unfortunately, the terms indica and sativa have come to represent definitive effects of cannabis within our culture’s nomenclature. Indica has come to indicate a body-buzz, feelings of sedation and relaxation or being stoned. On the other hand, sativa has come to mean more of a cerebral, energetic, uplifting high. The truth is many “indicas” can produce this sativa high, while many “sativas” can produce an indica stoned feeling.*

In reality, our culture needs to begin moving away from describing cannabis effects as “indica” or “sativa”. These terms should be reserved only for growers, breeders and scientists who want to articulate growth patterns or needs, species origin, flowering times or genetic lineage. When it comes to talking about the effects of strains, we need to move into the discussion of terpenes.

I've been telling you this for a while now!  You gotta look at the terp profiles!

Found this right now:

I've been telling you this for a while now!  You gotta look at the terp profiles!

Cool, I’ll check this thread and your posts when I get time :)

With everybody in the scientific and medical world scrambling to find a cure through cannabis for this ailment and that ailment, why are we not hearing more about the need to help with benzodiazepine addictions withdrawal and withdrawal symptoms?  Surely with so many of us out here, there's got to some kind soul somewhere who is scrambling to work on this?  Most websites I view are years outdated.  There is supposedly so much new things being discovered.  Why are we not seeing many more sites providing this?  And why the total lack of mention regarding the suffering benzo victims?

Just an update on my personal CBD experiment.  I am almost four years off and still experience fatigue, exercise intolerance, muscle pain, and bad headaches(not as often and less intense now).  I started up taking the 20/1 CBD for muscle pain.  I did seem to have some improvement and eventually got down to a 1:1 ratio which was a bit too strong for me.  I fiddled around with smoking some very high cbd strains and the dosing on the tinctures.  I noticed i was very foggy some mornings and even had DR come back.  I am unsure it it is related or it is just the healing pattern but I cut out the cbd about four nights ago.  The last two nights have been terrible with vice neck, eye migraines, insomnia, and crazy ass muscle twitches.  I haven't had some of these things for over a year.  Hopefully I will steady out soon as it gets scary this far out.  So in conclusion, it seemed to help out at first and then it might have turned on me like everything else has in the past.  So ready for this shit to be over.

With everybody in the scientific and medical world scrambling to find a cure through cannabis for this ailment and that ailment, why are we not hearing more about the need to help with benzodiazepine addictions withdrawal and withdrawal symptoms?  Surely with so many of us out here, there's got to some kind soul somewhere who is scrambling to work on this?  Most websites I view are years outdated.  There is supposedly so much new things being discovered.  Why are we not seeing many more sites providing this?  And why the total lack of mention regarding the suffering benzo victims?

Can someone please answer this?  I am so mystified.

Vice recently reported on xanax abuse. I suppose it's a step in the right direction. It mentions how much more lethal they make opioids, which could be a gateway to getting the word out, since the opioid epidemic is very much currently in the spotlight.

"Benzo abuse can be seen most starkly in the US, where over 5 percent of the adult population takes them, and where an estimated 10 to 25 percent of longtime users are dependent. This parallels with about 9,000 benzo-related deaths in 2015 and, since 2000, a 500 percent increase in the overdose death rate. Benzos are particularly lethal when combined with opioids, accounting for about 8,000 of these deaths, and in around a third of all fatal overdoses, some form of the drug is found. The reason for this is the depressive effect benzos have on the central nervous system: they limit our breathing and heart rate as a result of the suppressed neurotransmitters, leaving the body ultra vulnerable to other substances."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evvama/we-need-to-talk-about-our-generations-xanax-problem

THAT'S A START, I AGREE, BUT WHY ISN'T THE CANNABIS COMMUNITY GOING FORWARD TO HELP ALL OF THE 1 IN 20 BENZO USERS TO GET OFF THE DRUG--AND--TO HELP WITH THE SYMPTOMS.  I CALLED A COMPASSIONATE CARE FACILITY WHO WORKS WITH THE PATIENT TO ORDER THE MED/MARIJ AND THEN TO GET THE I.D. CARD TO TAKE TO THE LOCAL DISPENSARIES HERE IN PA.  I ASKED HIM IF THERE WAS ANYTHING TO HELP WITH THE WITHDRAWAL, BUT HE SAID HE THINKS THAT THERE ARE ONLY THINGS THAT HELP WITH SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS.  I KNOW THERE'S A WHOLE LOT MORE INVOLVED THAN NERVE PAIN AND INSOMNIA AND NAUSEA, ETC.  I THINK I READ THAT THERE ARE OVER 200+ SYMPTOMS!  AND I ALSO READ THAT THE TRIAL AND ERROR OF GETTING THE CANNABIS TO WORK IS REALLY TRICKY AND EXPENSIVE.  PLUS, THEY SAY THAT NOT EVERYBODY IS HELPED.  THAT'S A LOT OF $$ PUT OUT AND TIME AND EMOTIONAL EFFORT FOR SOMETHING THAT IS SO UNSURE.  WHY CAN'T THEY SPEND SOME TIME WORKING MORE ON THE ABILITY TO WITHDRAW.  SEEMS THEY'VE DONE A LOT IN THE OPIOID FIELD TOWARD EASIER WITHDRAWALS.  BENZO'S ARE A LOT WORSE AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF US OUT HERE.  I ASKED MY PHARMACIST WHY WE DON'T HEAR MORE ABOUT THE BENZO EPIDEMIC AND ALL THE HORRORS OF WITHDRAWAL.  HE SMIRKED AND SAID THAT IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO GET OFF OF THEM AND THAT FOR MANY THAT WOULD MEAN GOING THROUGH QUITE THE ORDEAL, SO YOU NEVER HEAR MUCH.  EVEN WHEN I WAS DISCHARGED FROM THE ER AFTER HAVING QUITE THE ISSUES WITH THE WITHDRAWAL AND ITS SYMPTOMS, MY DISCHARGE PAPERS MERELY SAID--ANXIETY DISORDER.  NOT THAT IT WAS BURNING SKIN DUE TO WITHDRAWAL FROM BENZO OR THAT IT WAS CHRONIC INSOMNIA DUE TO BENZO WITHDRAWAL.  NO!  IT WAS FROM AN ----ANXIETY DISORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THUS, THE BENZO NEVER COMES TO LIGHT AND OUR POPULATION CONTINUES TO BE LABELED AS HIGHLY ANXIOUS.  I WAS NEVER AN ANXIOUS PERSON---NEVER---BEFORE THE OPIOID W/D AND THE BENZO W/D.  OF COURSE WHEN THE DR'S TAKE YOU OFF TOO QUICK AND YOU'RE TOO INNOCENT TO KNOW ANY BETTER, IT SURELY DOES CAUSE INTENSE ANXIETY WITH ALL OF ITS HORRIFIC SIDE EFFECTS, ETC.  NOW THAT I AM ON BB'S, I RECOGNIZE THE PATHETIC IGNORANCE OF THE DOC'S WHO HAD ME GO THROUGH IT ALL.  WATER UNDER THE DAM.  NOW, IF THERE'S ONLY SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO GET THE WORD OUT.  I SURE HAVE IN MY OWN GROUP OF FAMILY & FRIEND, BUT THAT'S NOT ENOUGH.  PEOPLE KEEP HANDING ME MED/MARIJ. MATERIAL, BUT NOTHING REALLY ADDRESSES THE WITHDRAWING FROM IT.  I AM THANKFUL TO SEE THAT IT COULD STILL HELP WITH SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS.  IF--AND THAT'S A BIG IF--IT WORKS FOR YOU!

Vice recently reported on xanax abuse. I suppose it's a step in the right direction. It mentions how much more lethal they make opioids, which could be a gateway to getting the word out, since the opioid epidemic is very much currently in the spotlight.

"Benzo abuse can be seen most starkly in the US, where over 5 percent of the adult population takes them, and where an estimated 10 to 25 percent of longtime users are dependent. This parallels with about 9,000 benzo-related deaths in 2015 and, since 2000, a 500 percent increase in the overdose death rate. Benzos are particularly lethal when combined with opioids, accounting for about 8,000 of these deaths, and in around a third of all fatal overdoses, some form of the drug is found. The reason for this is the depressive effect benzos have on the central nervous system: they limit our breathing and heart rate as a result of the suppressed neurotransmitters, leaving the body ultra vulnerable to other substances."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evvama/we-need-to-talk-about-our-generations-xanax-problem

In my opinion, no one is working on this because it is not in the drug company's best interest to do this. They would rather have us all take their drugs--and often need more drugs to counter all the symptoms we have--then to explore how to get us off safely and how to tell drs. not to prescribe these long term. I live in a state that is slowly loosening its medical marijuana program to include anxiety, but I am not sure if i will even find a dr. willing to prescribe this for me--they would rather push drugs than something that is actually more natural with fewer side effects. And I have some fairly good doctors, but there is such a stigma around marijuana that I don't know if they would support me working on it. And there are very few dispensaries in NJ and they all have such limited and very expensive options.

I think there is a greater awareness here and there, but I don't know if it will ever garner the attention of the political/medical community the way the opioid crisis has. People aren't dying in the streets from benzos alone. I personally feel like a little piece of me dies every day in this fiasco, but no one cares about that.

[1e...]

Perhaps you should write a note regarding your concerns to various government officials.  Complaining to this forum will not change anything.  I think that it's better to communicate issues like these to individuals who can actually do something about it.

When someone is deathly sick and hardly able to do anything, writing a few lines on a benzo site and then going and laying back down totally wasted is easier than writing letters and finding the addresses and then sending them out to "who knows who" and finding a professional reply in the mail perhaps later saying, "Thank you for your letter.  Governor so-and-so regards your concern. blah-blah-blah"  Not enough in me.  Fight is all gone.  BUT the tiny bit left that I have I simply put it out to my brother buddies hoping that someone who has the same desire yet still has the fight in them can pick up the torch and run with it.  Just a little thought of mine.  Sorry, it didn't go anywhere.

When someone is deathly sick and hardly able to do anything, writing a few lines on a benzo site and then going and laying back down totally wasted is easier than writing letters and finding the addresses and then sending them out to "who knows who" and finding a professional reply in the mail perhaps later saying, "Thank you for your letter.  Governor so-and-so regards your concern. blah-blah-blah"  Not enough in me.  Fight is all gone.  BUT the tiny bit left that I have I simply put it out to my brother buddies hoping that someone who has the same desire yet still has the fight in them can pick up the torch and run with it.  Just a little thought of mine.  Sorry, it didn't go anywhere.

It absolutely did go somewhere. I know you are brave, because I do and believe in doing exactly what you have LynnM. We are looking at crimes against humanity... there have been grave moral failings here. I respect greatly what you have shared on this thread LynnM, and you have won my respect, support and encouragement for the duration for exactly what you just did.

I will fight with you, even with all the hate we get for doing what is the right thing to do. It’s actually not heroic, it is normal, but because we live in times like this it is a grand statement to stand for anything.

I choose to stand alongside you and in turn double the power of what you have written.

[1e...]
I'm sorry if I seemed short.  Sometimes my writing style is too terse.  I've also received lots of letters from various government officials thanking me for my opinion blah blah blah.  But the staffers actually tally those opinion letters, so if enough people ask for something, the official will actually be made aware of that. 

Guys, take a look at lookingforward's posts. She is VERY proactive in bringing benzo issues to the media (yeah, in Scotland, but they're way out ahead of us in realizing there is a huge problem).

I think you will be encouraged. It's a small snowball . . . soon it will be a big snowball. And then . . .

Katz

How do I go about finding lookingforwards 's posts.  i am not as well acquainted in how to navigate bb yet.

Also, wouldn't it be a great idea to get a petition started on bb and other benzo support groups to send thousands of names on to congress about this issue?  Perhaps some legislative good-heart would be willing to take this and run with it. 

And perhaps the med/marij. industry will become wise to the need and start some strains and scientific work to investigate the help needed for benzo sufferers.

Just a thought----A petition from thousands and thousands of sufferers might get some ears to open up???

[1e...]

How do I go about finding lookingforwards 's posts.  i am not as well acquainted in how to navigate bb yet.

Also, wouldn't it be a great idea to get a petition started on bb and other benzo support groups to send thousands of names on to congress about this issue?  Perhaps some legislative good-heart would be willing to take this and run with it. 

And perhaps the med/marij. industry will become wise to the need and start some strains and scientific work to investigate the help needed for benzo sufferers.

Just a thought----A petition from thousands and thousands of sufferers might get some ears to open up???

fwiw - any effort to generate a petition from this forum would require the approval of the list owner (Colin).  Personally, I think this is more easily handled with thousands individual letters instead of via a single petition.  You might also look through the various change.com (and similar site) petitions and see if there's already on started to encourage more research (or you can start one if you're so-inclined).

Yes, I was inclined and I did so.  It is titled, "Benzodiazepine's Crippling Effects To Thousands!" and it is sent on to MAD IN AMERICA. 

There!  It is started.  Now, we need support!

Thanks.

[1e...]

Yes, I was inclined and I did so.  It is titled, "Benzodiazepine's Crippling Effects To Thousands!" and it is sent on to MAD IN AMERICA. 

There!  It is started.  Now, we need support!

Thanks.

Thank you for doing that.  :smitten:

I was just approved for a card and made my first visit to the dispensary on Saturday.  I'm a total novice and would love to learn and share experiences with others who medicate with cannabis.  I'm curious what strains/forms people are using, and how is it working for you?

Please see my recent posts relating to smokable dry herb in flower form.

Just a reminder for folks in the US (I'm in Canada), if you haven't already, please do file a complaint with the FDA Medwatch Program.  When a critical number is reached, further action can be taken by an organization called "Public Citizen".  The Benzodiazepine Information Coalition has been proactive in this regard.  Info here:  http://www.benzoinfo.com/fda/  Also info on upper right corner of BB on some pages.