Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hey there! I’ve tried to read through for suggestions but I’m a bit confused. I’m about three weeks off klonopin and not feeling any improvements in symptoms. I’m having a lot of anxiety, depression, intrusive and obsessive thoughts, physical pain, restless legs, etc.

I ordered pure kana 300mg and it’s tracking for delivery today. I’m nervous to use it bc so much has set me back through my taper. But I’m desperate for non prescription relief.

How do I start? Is there a dosage that I should start with? And how much do I increase if I see no effects? Is this really going to help me?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

@[ba...]

I've been experimenting with CBD Hemp Oil for about a week and a half now.

I started with 250mg.  I assume that's 250mg cannabidiol per ml?  I have now escalated to a 750mg product.

On the 250mg, I was doing about 20 drops four times a day.  With the 750mg I'm doing 10 drops 3 or 4 times per day.

I believe that I have had some good days of reduced anxiety and physical pain on three or four occasions since starting. 

However, in the last two days I have noticed that about 5 hours after dosing, I seem to be getting heart palpitations/increased heart rate.  I interpret this as an effect that is occurring after the cbd oil has been eliminate from my system and I may be getting a rebound effect of some sort.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I taking too much, too little? 

I really hate to think I'm getting into a situation where I've built a tolerance and am having a rebound.  Can anyone offer any information or guidance here?

[48...]

@badsocref

I've been experimenting with CBD Hemp Oil for about a week and a half now.

I started with 250mg.  I assume that's 250mg cannabidiol per ml?  I have now escalated to a 750mg product.

On the 250mg, I was doing about 20 drops four times a day.  With the 750mg I'm doing 10 drops 3 or 4 times per day.

I believe that I have had some good days of reduced anxiety and physical pain on three or four occasions since starting. 

However, in the last two days I have noticed that about 5 hours after dosing, I seem to be getting heart palpitations/increased heart rate.  I interpret this as an effect that is occurring after the cbd oil has been eliminate from my system and I may be getting a rebound effect of some sort.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I taking too much, too little? 

I really hate to think I'm getting into a situation where I've built a tolerance and am having a rebound.  Can anyone offer any information or guidance here?

Usually, it's the THC stuff that can give people palps.  That's actually fairly common as THC is a vasodilator.  Maybe you're getting some kind of rebound???  I haven't heard of this before.  Maybe others will chime in.

I finally got my prescription for cannabis yesterday!!!  My doctor and the cannabis lady were so supportive.  It was nice to finally feel a bit validated for all this suffering with benzo withdrawal, even though I know the doc is uncertain of what is benzo withdrawal and "underlying anxiety".  smh. 

Anyways, I get to order my stuff online.  I'm in Canada and there's a company that has a welcome packet, with different strains to try and also a grinder and a cookbook.  They doc also wants me to get a vaporizer.  I'm curious about the price of this.  The cheapest one I saw was $195, but that was buying directly from a cannabis supplier which the lady said was "more trusted".  Does anyone know how much vaporizers cost?  Or other places to get one?

I got an "Arizer Solo I" for $150 in Canada.  Got a discount with Tweed in TO.  This Vap is extremely well regarded.  For the price, it is hard to beat.  Check out youtube reviews on it.  You can spend $100-$500

Thanks drummerboy!  $150 already sounds better than $195.    :)

If you're vaping flower, there's a great dry herb pen on eBay that runs around $14- $15 which includes shipping.  It's called Evolve D and contains a pen, extra heating coil, battery charger and brush. 

I don't vape oil because of lung/oil potential issues. 

I am very upset-- decided to (re)try some indica, gorilla glue, in attempt off benzos and mostly to sleep (vibrations my other really bad symptom).  Well, was relaxed, really listened to music (which normally don't), did take ultimately ambien but slept long for me about 6 1/2 hrs).  But terrible anxiety now.

I think I may have to updose in hopes of finding stability which I have not had, really, for a year since the mirtaz. just ruined me.    I thought could beat this and it was my idea to taper, but thinking was not good idea.  Cannot do this alone with such bad symptoms

Any insight welcome-- had hoped mj would help me. 

The Sacred Plant series returns with an informative interview with Dr. Allan Frankel a medical cannabis Dr. I just started watching this interview, so far it's excellent and informative about dosing and he also reaffirms ( as most of these interviews do) the absolute nature of trial and error using cannabis products.

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/USDYf/6/vY/VGb/6RFZW7/vljwBkVuPk/P/P

The link will be available until Thursday 9:00 pm EST.

:smitten:

Hello,

I started pure kana cbd oil Tuesday and I’ve seen no changes. I started out at 7.5mg but didn’t feel anything so went to 10mg twice a day. Still no changes - good or bad. Should I stay at 10mg for a few days or increase it more?  Sometimes I feel like it increases my palpitations and I’ve been in a wave since yesterday afternoon but cannot determine if it’s the oil or a new nutrition shake we did yesterday.

[48...]
It's fine to increase a little more, but if you don't see anything at 20 or 25 mg, then I'd say that it probably isn't going to do much for you. 

[48...]

I think that it's more like what does 20-25 mg do to you when you take it (once)?  In theory, you should feel something an hour or two after you take that dose, and that feeling should last for some hours.  If you're not seeing any difference, then it would seem that it's not doing much for you. 

Taking the stuff multiple times per day will only extend the coverage, but if there is no benefit then extending the coverage (of no benefit) won't help.

You can try even higher doses, but there's a point where you probably just have to say that it's not helping.  You might consider finding an oil with just a little THC in it (in addition to the CBD) if that's an option for you.

I actually think that smoking/vaping the stuff gives a better feel for what it's going to do for you.  It hits you faster and stronger when you smoke/vape it.  Edibles can come on so slowly that it's hard to tell if it's doing anything or not.  fwiw - I take my tincture (for sleep) around 9 or 10 pm.  About 30 minutes later, I head out to the garage for a few hits so that the stuff takes effect quickly.  Then it's off to bed.  The smoked stuff knocks me out pretty quickly, but it only lasts an hour or two.  The ingested stuff keeps me asleep (or helps to get me back to sleep if I wake up) until it wears out which takes several more hours.

Well, surprises of all surprises- someone BOUGHT ME a vaporizer!!!  Kind of crazy, eh?  A couple of months ago, a friend of ours said he needed a place to stay for two weeks while they did repairs in his apartment and we volunteered our place, but he said it was fine he was staying somewhere else.  Well that place fell through and just the night before the repairs started he asked if he could take us up on the offer.  So as a thank you, he bought my husband and I a very nice vaporizer, probably nicer than anything I would have bought for myself.   

It's really nuts, cause I can use it inside, I think?  and it doesn't really make smoke.  Though last night, I kept waiting for it to warm up and my husband had changed the warm up colors on it, so I kept waiting and waiting and then it really really smelled a lot.  So...I was thinking that going outside might be better. 

If this had been invented while I was still smoking cigarettes I would have switched to this and probably taken so much longer to quit.

[48...]

Well, surprises of all surprises- someone BOUGHT ME a vaporizer!!!  Kind of crazy, eh?  A couple of months ago, a friend of ours said he needed a place to stay for two weeks while they did repairs in his apartment and we volunteered our place, but he said it was fine he was staying somewhere else.  Well that place fell through and just the night before the repairs started he asked if he could take us up on the offer.  So as a thank you, he bought my husband and I a very nice vaporizer, probably nicer than anything I would have bought for myself.   

It's really nuts, cause I can use it inside, I think?  and it doesn't really make smoke.  Though last night, I kept waiting for it to warm up and my husband had changed the warm up colors on it, so I kept waiting and waiting and then it really really smelled a lot.  So...I was thinking that going outside might be better. 

If this had been invented while I was still smoking cigarettes I would have switched to this and probably taken so much longer to quit.

It will vaporize the terpenes which will stink up the place.  Probably best to go outside.

Saga,

Thank you for that.  If I read it correctly, they found the CBN helpful, but to try it you need to buy a $100 bottle from Mary's MEdicinals.

For sleep, I will do that, although a dispensary near me does not have this product.  Maybe can mail order it since I do have a card?

It's a whole other world for me.

I did try a cbd oil called cbd alive Plentiful drops.  It lists:  cbd 204.75 cbda 47.3  thc 24.52  thca .36  cbn .62  cbc 8.6  cbg 6.14  .... total 300.7

I'm lost with this but tried like one drop,  then like up to 3 drops and felt DREADFUL.

Any insight on why, maybe?I notice it has mint oil listed as last ingredient...??

thx

I stayed at 10mg last night, didn’t sleep more than 2 hours and my symptoms are worse than were. Is it possible that the cbd oil is making me worse? I started using it Tuesday and I’ve progressively gotten worse every day since weds. 

[48...]

I stayed at 10mg last night, didn’t sleep more than 2 hours and my symptoms are worse than were. Is it possible that the cbd oil is making me worse? I started using it Tuesday and I’ve progressively gotten worse every day since weds.

A lot of people feel that CBD kind of enlivens them, so I don't think it's what you want to take at bedtime.  My personal experience taking the stuff is limited.  I tried using it at bedtime, but it didn't help me to sleep at all, so I stopped using it pretty quickly.  If you feel that you're doing worse by taking the stuff, then stop taking it.  Cannabinoids are not the panacea for all of humankind's ills.  It helps some people with some maladies.  If your malady or your physiology doesn't agree with what CBD offers, then it's not going to work for you.

I think that it's more like what does 20-25 mg do to you when you take it (once)?  In theory, you should feel something an hour or two after you take that dose, and that feeling should last for some hours.  If you're not seeing any difference, then it would seem that it's not doing much for you. 

Taking the stuff multiple times per day will only extend the coverage, but if there is no benefit then extending the coverage (of no benefit) won't help.

You can try even higher doses, but there's a point where you probably just have to say that it's not helping.  You might consider finding an oil with just a little THC in it (in addition to the CBD) if that's an option for you.

I actually think that smoking/vaping the stuff gives a better feel for what it's going to do for you.  It hits you faster and stronger when you smoke/vape it.  Edibles can come on so slowly that it's hard to tell if it's doing anything or not.  fwiw - I take my tincture (for sleep) around 9 or 10 pm.  About 30 minutes later, I head out to the garage for a few hits so that the stuff takes effect quickly.  Then it's off to bed.  The smoked stuff knocks me out pretty quickly, but it only lasts an hour or two.  The ingested stuff keeps me asleep (or helps to get me back to sleep if I wake up) until it wears out which takes several more hours.

This is exactly what I do, too.  But I use an Evolve D dry herb pen so I don't have to leave the house.  :)

[48...]

Saga,

Thank you for that.  If I read it correctly, they found the CBN helpful, but to try it you need to buy a $100 bottle from Mary's MEdicinals.

For sleep, I will do that, although a dispensary near me does not have this product.  Maybe can mail order it since I do have a card?

It's a whole other world for me.

I did try a cbd oil called cbd alive Plentiful drops.  It lists:  cbd 204.75 cbda 47.3  thc 24.52  thca .36  cbn .62  cbc 8.6  cbg 6.14  .... total 300.7

I'm lost with this but tried like one drop,  then like up to 3 drops and felt DREADFUL.

Any insight on why, maybe?I notice it has mint oil listed as last ingredient...??

thx

Seems like a nice 10:1 CBD:THC oil.  Sorry that it made you feel poorly.  Hard to believe that it would be the mint oil since you're only take a drop or three.  The raw oils usually taste pretty lousy, so a little flavoring is usually desirable.

Like I mentioned to Dad24boys - this stuff clearly works for some individuals, but clearly not for all individuals.  Maybe it makes sense to try it a few more times just to be sure, but CBD may just not be what your mind/body needs right now. 

[48...]

This is exactly what I do, too.  But I use an Evolve D dry herb pen so I don't have to leave the house.  :)

How do you like that pen?  Have you tried many?  I need to get a new one for flower (the one I have sucks).

Hi Barbara,

Yes I sent the link because I remembered Aft had also listed the states where the CBN capsules were available. Mail order between states even with a medical card I don't believe is an option...just one of the many frustrations/ limitations in dealing with cannabis.

I'm sorry the CBD product made you feel dreadful, the trial and error aspect of using different products is frustrating, the ratio of the product you tried in my opinion was perfectly reasonable.  I'm personally doubtful the mint flavoring had any effect on how you felt.

If you're primarily looking for cannabis to help with insomnia maybe the next time try smoking vaping a product with a little less thc than the Gorilla Glue you previously mentioned. I can understand how it gave you rebound anxiety considering the high amounts of thc, the same thing happened to me when I tried vaping a high thc level product. I stuck with it and the anxiety dissipated in a few weeks time.

For myself I can say it's definitely been all about thc for pain relief and insomnia although I still use CBD. However, nothing has been perfect. Far from it, lol, and I'm now using a variety of products. It generally takes a whole lot of trial and error and an extreme amount of patience to learn whether or not cannabis products will be helpful for you. I am still a huge advocate of cannabis medicine and thankfully it's provided me with a little more functionality, but I wholeheartedly agree with Bads in saying cannabinoids are not the panacea for all mankinds ills and not every person will benefit from them.

Personally it's been far far better than nothing.  I'll take any kind of relief I can get,  but that also means being willing to experiment by using multiple products on any given day/ night and accepting their limitations.

:smitten:

I have just stopped using CBD oil because it seemed to be making my symptoms worse.  Specifically causing a racing heart rate. 

Neither of the oils I used should contain any appreciable amounts of THC, so I don't know what's going on, but it seemed to follow my use of CBD oil and specifically it followed the strength of the oil I was using, with the stronger oil giving a more negative effect.

These oils were from two different vendors and the stronger product had third party testing info.