Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Back to shower.

[PE...]

This is a somewhat embarrassing symtom but i understand it's common.

Last year i showered like once every two month. When I just couldn't stand the smell i forced myself to the shower. 

I was like a cat afraid of water.

I'm now back to shower every day again and really enjoy it. But I'm very curious why this happens during withdrawal. 

It wasn't just like i was lazy or to sick, the feeling of getting wet was just very uncomfortable..

• Like 1

[jo...]

I think I know what you mean. With me I think it's just a weird anxiety thing. For instance when My anxiety has been high I'm just afraid of every thing. Geting a shower, watching TV etc. At one point I was even afraid of my socks:LOL:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

[jo...]

It doesnt make much sense to me other than its a sensitivity created by severe anxiety. When my anxiety is down it doesn't bother me so much.

• Like 1

[PE...]

Was it you that had patterns on your socks?

Mabey you should go just whites for awhile :)

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Was it you that had patterns on your socks?

Mabey you should go just whites for awhile :)

Yeah thats me. It was so weird.

• Haha 1

[re...]

Showering is so stressful to stand in that hot (or cold if brave) for so long and I think one can get kind of weak in there and even dizzy. And the noise of the water alone in hardcore withdrawal can make one feel out of it.  And the incentive is just not there when you are sick and hoping to get better. 

• Like 3

[PE...]
6 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Showering is so stressful to stand in that hot (or cold if brave) for so long and I think one can get kind of weak in there and even dizzy. And the noise of the water alone in hardcore withdrawal can make one feel out of it.  And the incentive is just not there when you are sick and hoping to get better. 

I'm laying on the floor like a shrimp. 

[PE...]

Yeah as you say @[re...] it's a mix of everything. I would have been cleaner last year if i had a bathtub. 

Thats the nr-1 prio in my next home.

• Like 1

[Re...]

It is so good to hear this @[PE...], your improvements are just incredible! Seems like you are taking some mental notes of these symptoms and their changes. :)

I have/had almost the same fear of people and going outside, going trough a bridge, or using a PC you had from the water. Weird stuff ain't it?? :idiot:And you can't really avoid any of them...Thank God most of these are gone...:clap:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[En...]

Withdrawal causes weird phobias. I had stress when someone came to my house to visit. I have adult children living with me and when they had friends come over I got stress. I have an adult child who lives on his own. When he came over to visit I got stressed. My own child!!! I would go out for walks but was afraid to be in a car or go to the store. It stressed me out to be feeling so weird about these things I thought I was going nuts and that was the new me. Kept me awake at nights thinking about it. I thought how am I going to return to work like this? Thank god it passed.

[Le...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Last year i showered like once every two month. When I just couldn't stand the smell i forced myself to the shower. 

I'm now back to shower every day again and really enjoy it. But I'm very curious why this happens during withdrawal. 

It wasn't just like i was lazy or to sick, the feeling of getting wet was just very uncomfortable..

I had the opposite. 4 showers per day at times. more at rare times. 

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I had the opposite. 4 showers per day at times. more at rare times. 

Yeah I have begun to really like them as well. I wish I had a bathtub though.

[Ja...]

Peppe that must of been really shit man,.you must of been in a really bad way,.you quit CT,.just shows what a severe withdrawal can do to a man,I’d admire your honesty bud 

[jo...]

yeah it sounds like you've improved a lot since you jumped off that crap.

[Le...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah I have begun to really like them as well. I wish I had a bathtub though.

They are great. i keep falling asleep in there and that maybe no so great. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

They are great. i keep falling asleep in there and that maybe no so great. 

Sounds really nice. If you're not on drugs then it would be lethal. 

[re...]

Peppe you really are special kind of warrior.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Tw...]
7 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Withdrawal causes weird phobias. I had stress when someone came to my house to visit. I have adult children living with me and when they had friends come over I got stress. I have an adult child who lives on his own. When he came over to visit I got stressed. My own child!!! I would go out for walks but was afraid to be in a car or go to the store. It stressed me out to be feeling so weird about these things I thought I was going nuts and that was the new me. Kept me awake at nights thinking about it. I thought how am I going to return to work like this? Thank god it passed.

@[En...]I agree that withdrawal does cause weird phobias. I have also wondered how I can go back to work like this. I don't even trust myself to be able to fall asleep, and I don't trust myself to wake up early in the morning either so I can follow a routine and go to a job on time. 

• Like 1

[Tw...]
9 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[PE...]Thank you for sharing this topic with us. Showering can be very difficult while in withdrawals. My husband had to bathe me while I was withdrawing from benzodiazepines. It was embarrassing but my anxiety levels were too high to shower myself. 

• Like 1