Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi Aurora,

So after having a great day on Tuesday, yesterday and today so far have been awful. However it seems to be more anxiety and labored breathing. I woke up in a panic and it's carried on to the afternoon. I'm starting to think it's the Effexor but I think I should give it a bit more time to see if I get any better.

When I do go back on, you think dosing twice a day should be good?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to try CBD oil to help with withdrawal anxiety.

I did some research and purchased purkana cbd oil 600mg.  It says to put 15drops under your tongue one to two times per day.  Does anyone have experience with this brand?  I got it last week, tried 1/2 a dose and it didn't seem to do anything for me.  The last few days, my withdrawal anxiety has been pretty bad, so I decided to give it a shot again.  Today I did the "full dose" of 15 drops.  I seem to be a little less anxious but not sure if it's just because I tend to be worse in the morning, or if it's truly helping.

Does it take some time to feel the effects of using CBD oil?

Heather,

From my own experience and what I have read, it builds up in your system and could take up to a week unlike getting buzzed on THC. So don't take too much and give it 3 or 4 days to see if it helps.

I've decided to try CBD oil to help with withdrawal anxiety.

I did some research and purchased purkana cbd oil 600mg.  It says to put 15drops under your tongue one to two times per day.  Does anyone have experience with this brand?  I got it last week, tried 1/2 a dose and it didn't seem to do anything for me.  The last few days, my withdrawal anxiety has been pretty bad, so I decided to give it a shot again.  Today I did the "full dose" of 15 drops.  I seem to be a little less anxious but not sure if it's just because I tend to be worse in the morning, or if it's truly helping.

Does it take some time to feel the effects of using CBD oil?

Heather, let me know what you think of that brand.  15 drops.seems like a lot to start though. 

I'm almost out of mine (Natural Happiness 500mg blend for anxiety).  I don't use it all the time, so I don't know if it works well or not.  I guess I shpuld use it consistently and see.  I did twice yesterday, but none today.  I just took xanax thoigh, so now I should wait as it can affect the metabolizing of benzos, from my understanding.  You need to space it a couple hours away from benzos.  Is that your understanding too, Paul?

Hi Aurora,

So after having a great day on Tuesday, yesterday and today so far have been awful. However it seems to be more anxiety and labored breathing. I woke up in a panic and it's carried on to the afternoon. I'm starting to think it's the Effexor but I think I should give it a bit more time to see if I get any better.

When I do go back on, you think dosing twice a day should be good?

I do think dosing twice a day is sufficient to reap any and all benefits.  :thumbsup:

Someone once told me that CDB oil was sort of like grapefruit juice and some meds...  makes it release all at once so can make you more anxious?

I am talking i fyou are still tapering.

Anyone know about this?  Guy speaking was knowledgeable about cannabis.

Hoping for some guidance. I live in NJ, which is finally loosening medical marijuana restrictions. Anxiety and irritable bowel syndrome are now qualifying conditions. I don't know if either of the drs. I would see would even be open to prescribing, although my gastro knows how much I suffer and would hope he would support this.

I have suffered terribly from nausea throughout this taper, and would in theory at least like to try this. I have only been drunk once in my entire life and never smoked pot or done any illegal drugs before, so this is all new to me. They only have available anywhere local to me "various strains of smokable dried flower." One ounce is $500, which seems like an awful lot but I have no idea.

So if I were to try this, what do I do. Do you have to smoke it? Could I make it into a tincture of some sort? I have always had asthma issues so would prefer not to smoke. And would an ounce be enough for a reasonable amount of time--a month?

Again, any guidance in this matter is appreciated. I use CBD oil but it doesn't really help the nausea as much as I had hoped it would.  I am getting desperate because being nauseous 80 percent of the last two years with quite a big chunk of klonopin left to taper has left me feeling more than a bit overwhelmed.

I would think that the doctors you are working with or those working in the dispensaries should know how to prescribe your medical marijuana.  I've been told they often have to "tweek" it to get it right, anyway.  Everybody responds differently to the different strains, etc.  Best to start there perhaps?

Hoping for some guidance. I live in NJ, which is finally loosening medical marijuana restrictions. Anxiety and irritable bowel syndrome are now qualifying conditions. I don't know if either of the drs. I would see would even be open to prescribing, although my gastro knows how much I suffer and would hope he would support this.

I have suffered terribly from nausea throughout this taper, and would in theory at least like to try this. I have only been drunk once in my entire life and never smoked pot or done any illegal drugs before, so this is all new to me. They only have available anywhere local to me "various strains of smokable dried flower." One ounce is $500, which seems like an awful lot but I have no idea.

So if I were to try this, what do I do. Do you have to smoke it? Could I make it into a tincture of some sort? I have always had asthma issues so would prefer not to smoke. And would an ounce be enough for a reasonable amount of time--a month?

Again, any guidance in this matter is appreciated. I use CBD oil but it doesn't really help the nausea as much as I had hoped it would.  I am getting desperate because being nauseous 80 percent of the last two years with quite a big chunk of klonopin left to taper has left me feeling more than a bit overwhelmed.

THC is better for nausea than CBD and using it for chemo-related nausea was one of the first mainstream-accepted uses. I agree that smoking is the least preferable delivery though.

You can make your own tincture.  Here’s how I do mine:

Decarboxylate (heat) the flowers first (this turns THCa into THC)

-put flowers in oven proof pan, cover tightly to keep terpenes from escaping.

-heat at around 225-240 for an hour

Break up flowers, put in the freezer in a Mason jar.

Freeze enough 190 proof alcohol to cover the flowers by around an inch, but don’t combine them yet.

When both are as cold as they’re going to get, pour the alcohol over the flowers. Shake the jar and put it back in the freezer. Repeat a few times over 4-6 hours.

Strain through thin cotton, toss the plant matter.  I reduce the tincture to about 1/3 of its volume by heating it in a small crock pot so I only need to take a couple of drops.

190 proof alcohol is flammable, so ventilation is important as well as no open flames!

Hello- I’ve been so grateful for the support here!

I began using AC/DC which is very high CBD and low THC. It seems to help relax my muscles (tics seem to be better). I use it in the evening and I am able to fall asleep. My problem is I wake up really early and my brain is racing. I am also very shaky. I know these are wd symptoms and will pass. I just want to make sure that I am not adding to the problem with the MMJ. I am going to go without tonight and seee if there is any difference.

Interestingly, I’ve been wearing a Fitbit and when I use MMJ (no matter what kind), I get more deep sleep so I do think that is helping...

THC is better for nausea than CBD and using it for chemo-related nausea was one of the first mainstream-accepted uses. I agree that smoking is the least preferable delivery though.

You can make your own tincture.  Here’s how I do mine:

Decarboxylate (heat) the flowers first (this turns THCa into THC)

-put flowers in oven proof pan, cover tightly to keep terpenes from escaping.

-heat at around 225-240 for an hour

Break up flowers, put in the freezer in a Mason jar.

Freeze enough 190 proof alcohol to cover the flowers by around an inch, but don’t combine them yet.

When both are as cold as they’re going to get, pour the alcohol over the flowers. Shake the jar and put it back in the freezer. Repeat a few times over 4-6 hours.

Strain through thin cotton, toss the plant matter.  I reduce the tincture to about 1/3 of its volume by heating it in a small crock pot so I only need to take a couple of drops.

190 proof alcohol is flammable, so ventilation is important as well as no open flames!

Thanks Challis. This is helpful. Still need to figure out if one of my doctors will actually work with me on this.

[de...]

I began using AC/DC which is very high CBD and low THC. It seems to help relax my muscles (tics seem to be better). I use it in the evening and I am able to fall asleep. My problem is I wake up really early and my brain is racing. I am also very shaky. I know these are wd symptoms and will pass. I just want to make sure that I am not adding to the problem with the MMJ. I am going to go without tonight and seee if there is any difference.

Interestingly, I’ve been wearing a Fitbit and when I use MMJ (no matter what kind), I get more deep sleep so I do think that is helping...

I'm glad the AC/DC seems to be helping you, and I think it's a good thing that you are concerned about possible problems down the road.  The therapeutic action you describe (muscle relaxation, deeper sleep) are exactly what we would hope for the drug to do.  However, it is still a drug, and withdrawal will occur.  When I used it during my benzo withdrawal, I decided that the reported withdrawal from cannabis was so much less intense than the withdrawal from benzos that I was willing to risk it.  Since there's a lot of info out there on cannabinoid withdrawal (along with prior personal experience), I didn't think that I was taking a significant health risk.  So far, I think my decision was sound (for me).  However, each person has to weigh the risks for themselves since there are no definitive answers.

I'm glad the AC/DC seems to be helping you, and I think it's a good thing that you are concerned about possible problems down the road.  The therapeutic action you describe (muscle relaxation, deeper sleep) are exactly what we would hope for the drug to do.  However, it is still a drug, and withdrawal will occur.  When I used it during my benzo withdrawal, I decided that the reported withdrawal from cannabis was so much less intense than the withdrawal from benzos that I was willing to risk it.  Since there's a lot of info out there on cannabinoid withdrawal (along with prior personal experience), I didn't think that I was taking a significant health risk.  So far, I think my decision was sound (for me).  However, each person has to weigh the risks for themselves since there are no definitive answers.

Bads-

Sorry, I think my post was confusing- I was referring to benzo wd symptoms. Are you saying that I will feel wd symptoms from MMJ 5-6 hours after using it (Vape or smoke at 9 pm, have wd symptoms at 3 am)?  Thank you!

[de...]

I thought you were referring to a feeling you had as the effects of the cannabis wore off.  Sorry - my misunderstanding.

I don't generally feel much of a withdrawal as cannabis effects wane.  Most often I get what I call a 'stoneover'.  It's actually a very calm (and somewhat low energy) feeling that extends into the morning.  But sometimes I'll feel a little shakey or a little cranky as I come off of cannabinoids.  It's never anything bad (certainly nothing like benzo withdrawal). 

Here is my CBD experience. I started around a week ago by taking one drop 2 times a day and on the second day I started getting a horrible pain and stiffness in my neck and sculp as well as "clicks" in my head (I could literally hear sth clicking in there). I told myself that, Even though it hurt a lot and these spasms in the neck and sculp were really scary, that it must be a "good" sign cause CBD must have been working on my brain (and hopefully fixing it). But after 5 days I could not go on anymore.

I was not able to cope with that pain and the spasms, both in the head and neck. So I stopped and the pain is somewhat better.

I read that CBD works like a detox so it would make sense that I felt even worse than I already do.

Would it be worth to take if again and wait a bit longer to see if these symptoms stop? I am still on another and afraid that the CBD might mess around with that, though.

Any thoughts about this would be appreciated.

Went to my pdoc today.  Had to go back up on my Xanax due to withdrawals, and what he says is more anxiety brought on by the taper.  I do t disagree with that necessarily.  He told me to start smoking weed.  Indica, to relax.  For a 70+ year old doctor, he knew a lot about it.  I think he smokes.  Lol

I told him I tried one hit with my husband a month or so back, for withdrawal.pain, and it made me more anxious.  He agreed with my husband, that it was my mindset about it going in.  My son told me the same thing.  Gonna try it tonight.  Wish me luck!

Went to my pdoc today.  Had to go back up on my Xanax due to withdrawals, and what he says is more anxiety brought on by the taper.  I do t disagree with that necessarily.  He told me to start smoking weed.  Indica, to relax.  For a 70+ year old doctor, he knew a lot about it.  I think he smokes.  Lol

I told him I tried one hit with my husband a month or so back, for withdrawal.pain, and it made me more anxious.  He agreed with my husband, that it was my mindset about it going in.  My son told me the same thing.  Gonna try it tonight.  Wish me luck!

Do a very, very small hit, and let us know how it worked out.  Good luck!

Well, LOL, I took 2 hits and was fine.  Until my husband brought up my worrying and being afraid of everything now.  Bad idea.  Guess what happened.  I got so freaked out I had to call my psych.

By the time he called me back (30 minutes) I had calmed myself.down and had to tell him I was sorry for bothering him.  He said it was okay.  He told me it's natural, it's not going to hurt me, and it's way better than Xanax.  I think my psych smokes weed!

Anyway, I'm fine now, and actually took another hit a while ago.  My heart is still beating hard/fast, but that's withdrawal.  It's been like that for weeks now.  I may take one more right before bed.  I would rather keep smoking than do Xanax.  I hope it helps me taper off.

[de...]

Well, LOL, I took 2 hits and was fine.  Until my husband brought up my worrying and being afraid of everything now.  Bad idea.  Guess what happened.  I got so freaked out I had to call my psych.

By the time he called me back (30 minutes) I had calmed myself.down and had to tell him I was sorry for bothering him.  He said it was okay.  He told me it's natural, it's not going to hurt me, and it's way better than Xanax.  I think my psych smokes weed!

Anyway, I'm fine now, and actually took another hit a while ago.  My heart is still beating hard/fast, but that's withdrawal.  It's been like that for weeks now.  I may take one more right before bed.  I would rather keep smoking than do Xanax.  I hope it helps me taper off.

LOL.  Good story.  I'm glad that you made it through your little anxiety attack.  I imagine that will give you some power/confidence should that occur again.  fwiw - THC often rev's up people's pulse just a bit, but the effect is usually fairly short.  Best to just ignore it and focus on the calming side of the experience.

Could cbd/thc be making me feel worse?  I feel.really depressed today afyer using cbd/thc throughout the weekend.  Or am I just depressed from this situation??  Anyone have experience with this?  I had SI bad this morning, didn't sleep last night, couldn't sleep this morning after takinh 25 mg Xanax and 20 mg hydroxyzine.  Woke up in a jolt every 2 minutes.  Feeling completely hopeless and emotionless.  When I tell my husband I love him, I don't feel it.  This is awful and has me so scared for myself.

Could cbd/thc be making me feel worse?  I feel.really depressed today afyer using cbd/thc throughout the weekend.  Or am I just depressed from this situation??  Anyone have experience with this?  I had SI bad this morning, didn't sleep last night, couldn't sleep this morning after takinh 25 mg Xanax and 20 mg hydroxyzine.  Woke up in a jolt every 2 minutes.  Feeling completely hopeless and emotionless.  When I tell my husband I love him, I don't feel it.  This is awful and has me so scared for myself.

I don't recall ever feeling depressed after using THC or CBD. I've been using THC for 25 years and CBD for about 4 years. It usually helps alleviate depression for me.

I did, however, just respond to a post regarding how benzo and AD withdrawal and recovery has left me feeling horribly depressed at times, far beyond what I was ever diagnosed with, with unpredictable mood swings, often back and forth in a single day. I tend to think it's the pills and this process more than the cannabis or hemp. But, of course, if you suspect it's not helping you feel better, you can always stop and make surely sure.

It sounds like you're experiencing emotional blunting. I've experienced it throughout this process. I swear it'll get better as you get better. Hang in there.  :)

I don't recall ever feeling depressed after using THC or CBD. I've been using THC for 25 years and CBD for about 4 years. It usually helps alleviate depression for me.

I did, however, just respond to a post regarding how benzo and AD withdrawal and recovery has left me feeling horribly depressed at times, far beyond what I was ever diagnosed with, with unpredictable mood swings, often back and forth in a single day. I tend to think it's the pills and this process more than the cannabis or hemp. But, of course, if you suspect it's not helping you feel better, you can always stop and make surely sure.

It sounds like you're experiencing emotional blunting. I've experienced it throughout this process. I swear it'll get better as you get better. Hang in there.  :)

I saw my psych today (emergency appt) and he wants me to try 15 mgs remeron.  I'm going to try it.  I was so bad this morning...I can't keep going like this.  He agrees.

I saw my psych today (emergency appt) and he wants me to try 15 mgs remeron.  I'm going to try it.  I was so bad this morning...I can't keep going like this.  He agrees.

You, hi. Hello. I want to say I have had thc worsen deprsssion when it is a indica (solely) strain. The solely sativa strains make me anxious. A Hybrid works though/ cross