Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I stayed at 10mg last night, didn’t sleep more than 2 hours and my symptoms are worse than were. Is it possible that the cbd oil is making me worse? I started using it Tuesday and I’ve progressively gotten worse every day since weds.

I have just stopped using CBD oil because it seemed to be making my symptoms worse.  Specifically causing a racing heart rate. 

Neither of the oils I used should contain any appreciable amounts of THC, so I don't know what's going on, but it seemed to follow my use of CBD oil and specifically it followed the strength of the oil I was using, with the stronger oil giving a more negative effect.

These oils were from two different vendors and the stronger product had third party testing info.

Thanks for your reply. I feel like I’m back in acute hell.  How long did your symptom increase last? I haven’t taken any since last night but today has been terrible. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Bads and Saga.  I appreciate your replies and for reading my info on the oil I tried.

FWIW, I did try Tahoe once for indica at night.  Felt better than Gorilla Glue.  One time it made me clean the kitchen which, well, is fantastic since I've let everything to pot,  hehe, a joke...  really my place a disaster.

So if I can find CBN that might be worth my trying in insomnia and circadian rhythm disturbance (inherited) were my original pre-benzo probs?

I will have to see if I can find anything further afield but in my area, I guess.

I hear that CBN gives you incredibly awful munchies, however.  Anyone heard that and also, if you are going to eat a lot, any suggestions if you don't need any extra weight?

tx.

I’m in Georgia so you know we don’t have medical..

But we do get hemp CBD which I researched and understand it to be nothing different than canabis CBD.. what about gummies because I’m not in a financial situation to buy a vaporizer and vape..

I quit thc over a month ago because of the paranoia I get on it..

[e6...]

I'd suggest finding somebody that can provide you with a couple of vape hits before you go the gummy route.  Edibles take a long time to take effect (1-2 hours), and if the effect are subtle you may not even notice them.  Vaped or smoked CBD hits your body quickly (just a few minutes), so you will see the effects easier.  Also - it you don't like what it does for you, ingested CBD will have an effect on you for several hours.  The smoked stuff should only affect you for 1-2 hours.

Just my 2 cents...

Vaped or smoked it definitely the way to go. It lasts a little shorter so if you don't like the way you feel, you don't suffer through it.

I stayed at 10mg last night, didn’t sleep more than 2 hours and my symptoms are worse than were. Is it possible that the cbd oil is making me worse? I started using it Tuesday and I’ve progressively gotten worse every day since weds.

I have just stopped using CBD oil because it seemed to be making my symptoms worse.  Specifically causing a racing heart rate. 

Neither of the oils I used should contain any appreciable amounts of THC, so I don't know what's going on, but it seemed to follow my use of CBD oil and specifically it followed the strength of the oil I was using, with the stronger oil giving a more negative effect.

These oils were from two different vendors and the stronger product had third party testing info.

Thanks for your reply. I feel like I’m back in acute hell.  How long did your symptom increase last? I haven’t taken any since last night but today has been terrible.

It's still going on.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this study on the effect of CBD oil on cortisol:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8257923

It seems to disrupt the normal circadian cycle for cortisol and keep it elevated during the day rather than having it peak in the morning and fall as the day moves on.  Or, that's my interpretation.

Am I reading this wrong?

I was wondering if anyone has seen this study on the effect of CBD oil on cortisol:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8257923

It seems to disrupt the normal circadian cycle for cortisol and keep it elevated during the day rather than having it peak in the morning and fall as the day moves on.  Or, that's my interpretation.

Am I reading this wrong?

"In the present study, we investigated the effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on plasma prolactin, growth hormone and cortisol of 11 normal volunteers who received placebo or CBD at the doses of 300 mg (N = 7) or 600 mg (N = 4), po, in a double-blind manner during two experimental sessions separated by an interval of at least one week. The sessions were held in the morning and consisted of blood collection and application of self-evaluation scales before and after drug injection (-35 to 180 min). Hormonal measurements were performed by radioimmunoassay. Basal prolactin (11.5 +/- 4.3 ng/ml) and growth hormone (1.5 +/- 0.7 ng/ml) levels were unchanged after placebo and CBD. In contrast, plasma cortisol levels decreased significantly during the placebo sessions (basal measurement = 11.0 +/- 3.7 micrograms/dl; 120 min after placebo = 7.1 +/- 3.9 micrograms/dl), in agreement with the normal circadian rhythm of this hormone. This decrease in cortisol levels was significantly attenuated after CBD (basal measurement = 10.5 +/- 4.9 micrograms/dl; 120 min after 300 mg CBD = 9.9 +/- 6.2 micrograms/dl; 120 min after 600 mg CBD = 11.6 +/- 11.6 micrograms/dl). CBD was also found to have a sedative effect as determined by the self-evaluation scales"

IMO 300 and 600mg of CBD is quite high and it was also injected.  Also the test subjects said they felt sedated which contradicts the usual effects of cortisol.  In any case you would have to take a lot of CBD to to replicate any of this.  Maybe Badsocref can chime in as he is more savvy about this stuff.

[e6...]

It looks like the subjects ate the CBD (CBD - 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml in alcohol - injected into chocolates).  Still, those are high doses.  Not high for an epilepsy patient, but very high for somebody trying this stuff for anxiety.

CBD seems to behave differently when taken in high dose or low dose.  In low dose, it tends to make people a little more alert; in high doses, I believe it can give a slight feeling of sedation which was reported in the study.  I don't think anybody here is trying CBD at that dose.  People here seem to be more in the 10-50 mg range where the CBD has more of an clarifying/alerting effect. 

So I'm not sure how relevant the article is for the needs of buddies.  I think a more prudent approach to this concern is to ask those who are having a good experience using CBD to manage their anxiety whether they feel any hint of a cortisol rebound the next morning

Does anyone have good experiences using CBD for other symptoms besides anxiety? Like brain fog, lack of deep sleep, visual disturbances, benzo brain, frantic/psychotic brain, depersonalization/derealizatikn? Those are the main things I deal with every day. Thanks.

I use CBD oil for nausea but it absolutely makes me feel more focused and clear in thinking (less brain fog). I really cannot speak to the rest.

Alright so I have gotten my first prescription cannabis in the mail via Canada Post.  Bless Canada for embracing cannabis as a medicine.  I got a "Discovery Kit" and it has a sativa strain,  an indica strain, and a cbd strain.  So far I have tried the indica and the sativa.  The indica is by far the best one for me.  The sativa is okay, but I not as relaxing, so that is an issue.  The CBD one I am going to try tonight, and the doc said I could mix them too, like to get more cbd in. 

I am kind of bummed that the one strain I had, Purple Kush, is not available and this other indica strain they gave me, Hunter's Corner, is not the same.  I felt like Purple Kush was more relaxing and less high of a feeling. 

What I really would love to find, and not sure this is possible,  is a strain that would help relax muscles, something I could take during my migraines.  I'd love to hear other people's opinions about strains they have tried.

I was just approved for a card and made my first visit to the dispensary on Saturday.  I'm a total novice and would love to learn and share experiences with others who medicate with cannabis.  I'm curious what strains/forms people are using, and how is it working for you?

I live in a legal state.  Yesterday I went to a local dispensary and came home with a high CBD/low THC

Indica. It helped me a lot- even slept a bit It took away the vague Anxiousness that I have been dealing with and that my very low dose of Valium did not touch. I had several hours of comfort and then even though I didn’t sleep deeply  I did get some sleep and I didn’t wake up with cortozal surging. That was a big thing in my first taper- always waking up in a panic. I don’t know if it was the  marijuana or if I just haven’t got that symptom as bad this time or yet.

They did not have anything with CBN  which I understand is best for insomnia so they’re goning to call me when they get some in.

From what I understand this is basically a learning experience because everyone is different in how they respond to marijuana. The most important thing is NOT  to get a Setiva  because it is stimulating and Indica is relaxing. CBD helps with inflammation and pain but apparently a little bit of THC is needed for reasons I’m not clear on.

This is not my first go around –  and I do not want to go through the pain that I went through the first time I did it with drawl so I am experimenting with marijuana and will follow this support group and give my own experience as I get Experience. I have Highhope’s that it is going to help me get through withdrawal easier than the first time.

[e6...]

Alright so I have gotten my first prescription cannabis in the mail via Canada Post.  Bless Canada for embracing cannabis as a medicine.  I got a "Discovery Kit" and it has a sativa strain,  an indica strain, and a cbd strain.  So far I have tried the indica and the sativa.  The indica is by far the best one for me.  The sativa is okay, but I not as relaxing, so that is an issue.  The CBD one I am going to try tonight, and the doc said I could mix them too, like to get more cbd in. 

I am kind of bummed that the one strain I had, Purple Kush, is not available and this other indica strain they gave me, Hunter's Corner, is not the same.  I felt like Purple Kush was more relaxing and less high of a feeling. 

What I really would love to find, and not sure this is possible,  is a strain that would help relax muscles, something I could take during my migraines.  I'd love to hear other people's opinions about strains they have tried.

Are the dispensaries up there giving you access to terpene profiles?  Here's an article that suggests that limonene (and myrcene and citral) are three terpenes to look for for muscle relaxation.  All three of those terpenes can occur in cannabis.  Myrcene tends to be in higher concentrations in indica types.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12587690

I've now seen samples with as much as 2.5% myrcene by weight.

Are the dispensaries up there giving you access to terpene profiles?  Here's an article that suggests that limonene (and myrcene and citral) are three terpenes to look for for muscle relaxation.  All three of those terpenes can occur in cannabis.  Myrcene tends to be in higher concentrations in indica types.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12587690

I've now seen samples with as much as 2.5% myrcene by weight.

You can buy limonene as a gel cap supplement.  I took it for awhile for GERD.  Would those be of any use to us?

[e6...]

You can buy limonene as a gel cap supplement.  I took it for awhile for GERD.  Would those be of any use to us?

I have no idea.

Yesterday I went to a functional medicine physician in my area to talk about medical cannabis. He was very kind  and knowledgeable about cannabis but not benzo-wise. He said he has never worked with anyone to get off a benzo with medical marijuana or hemp oil. I've talked a physician in New York who has and says she will collaborate with him. Problem is that I don't have any of the diagnoses that would qualify me for medical marijuana in Illinois, so I only have access to CBD/hemp oil. He suggests working with a local compounding pharmacist to choose the maximum that I can afford, take two doses a day. Even after reading tons of posts here, I still don't understand if hemp would be effective. This doctor said that since CBD boosts immune function and fights inflammation, it could be beneficial to help heal an injured brain. He was very honest and said I would be the first person he worked with to try this and he knew of no clinical studies that show that CBD can help with physical and mental benzo withdrawal symptoms. I don't think I've gotten a response to any of my questions here, so I'm hoping that someone will chime in because I know hemp has no THC and I've read you should have a little bit to "activate" the CBD. Thanks. Don't want to set myself back as it's already taken me 2 1/2 years just to get from 1.25 to .85 mg of klonopin with a DLMT.

I am a wreck today.  I've been working on my taper but using ambien to sleep as my prob first and foremost, before benzos, insomnia and circadian rhythm disorder. 

Ambien is stopping working... last 2 nights very little sleep and I am a trembly wreck, in bed.  Alone.

I don't know what to do.

I gather no Mary Medicinals cbn to be found altho it is legal here (CA)?  I tried weedmaps and could not find cbn.  Not sure am using site correctly.

Can anyone help me (message me if that is possible on BB??).

Also I have some indica would try but don't know how to roll a joint even.  What do I need to buy?  Amazon has lots of stuff and 'prerolled' joints but how do you put stuff into them? 

Feeling so bda would appreciate somebody knowledgeable reaching out.  thx...

Badsocref- Thanks so much for the info on the terpenes.  Yes, they all include their terpene profile, and the cannabis clinic lady actually told me a little bit about them.  I have now ordered three more strains, all high or relatively higher in myrcene. 

BarbaraAve - Tbh, I think rolling a joint takes practice and it helps if someone teaches you how.  If you already have some indica, the easiest way to smoke it would be via a pipe.  Since it is legal there, I would think you could get one at a corner store, but definitely from somewhere online.  You could probably find a nice simple one for somewhere between $15 and $30. 

I tried a strain high in CBD with little or no THC on Thursday night and I was not really impressed.  It made me hungry above all.  That is actually not something I need.  I am not sure how it effected muscle relaxation or not because I also got acupuncture on Thursday and I'm really not sure which is from what thing now.  In the future, I may mix the high CBD strain with an Indica strain, or maybe just go with Indica.

I already am overweight, and I just thought about making rice krispie treats for hours on Thursday night.  On the up side, at least I wasn't feeling anxious or angry, so it still filled it's purpose. 

Yes I was hoping cbn capsules might work like taking a valium and I'd sleep.  But hear you get horrible munchies (which I don't need either).

If you find a good strain let me know what it is and maybe I can find it here.  But a lot of the indica strains indicated in Leafly simply don't seem to be here.  Hmmm.

Oh, I have a persistent cough (drs can't find cause) and noticed joint with filter was ok...  that this little pipe I had really irritates my throat.  So that was the reason for wanting a joint (the filter).

Anyone get any relief from Charlotte's Web? Doc suggested advanced level two times a day. Pharmacist suggested basic formula 1/2 dose at night.

This is exactly what I do, too.  But I use an Evolve D dry herb pen so I don't have to leave the house.  :)

How do you like that pen?  Have you tried many?  I need to get a new one for flower (the one I have sucks).

I've tried a couple that were way more expensive... Pax and volcano, way too high maintenance and didn't last very long.  I like the Evolve D much better than the expensive ones.