Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying CBD off and on for the past 2 years. I think it's helped with nerve pain and I feel like I've been more stable the past couple of years.

Recently I had a bunch of work stress and my system got kind of overloaded and I'm in wave now. Insomnia, muscle pain, heightened anxiety, etc. At the height of my being overloaded with work I tried out Bacopa because I was having memory problems. What seems more likely to everyone here? Did the long term off and on use of CBD cause me trouble or did the Bacopa? The mini-wave started about a day after I started the Bacopa. I stopped yesterday and I'm hoping I normalize, but I'm just slightly worried that there's a chance the CBD / MMJ is also to blame.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Ok, rookie question here, but what is Bacopa?

[38...]

I've been trying CBD off and on for the past 2 years. I think it's helped with nerve pain and I feel like I've been more stable the past couple of years.

Recently I had a bunch of work stress and my system got kind of overloaded and I'm in wave now. Insomnia, muscle pain, heightened anxiety, etc. At the height of my being overloaded with work I tried out Bacopa because I was having memory problems. What seems more likely to everyone here? Did the long term off and on use of CBD cause me trouble or did the Bacopa? The mini-wave started about a day after I started the Bacopa. I stopped yesterday and I'm hoping I normalize, but I'm just slightly worried that there's a chance the CBD / MMJ is also to blame.

I took it briefly about a year ago. I just ran out and didn’t buy any more.  https://examine.com/supplements/bacopa-monnieri/

I took it briefly about a year ago. I just ran out and didn’t buy any more.  https://examine.com/supplements/bacopa-monnieri/

So it didn't hurt you? I know we're all different, but I'm kind of hoping it was the bacopa so it's not the CBD. Maybe it's just stress or bad luck. I don't know.

[38...]

So it didn't hurt you? I know we're all different, but I'm kind of hoping it was the bacopa so it's not the CBD. Maybe it's just stress or bad luck. I don't know.

It was early into my taper and I felt okay. I was also using cannabis regularly. I don’t think it hurt me at all.

Just an update on my CBN (not to be confused with CBD) trial. Took one capsule (25mg) and fell asleep relatively quickly. Woke up, couldn't fall back to sleep, took another cap. Still couldn't fall back to sleep and took 2 more caps. Bad night of sleep.

So this could just be me and I'll have to try it a few more times to make sure. No real good results at this point but I've only tried it once and will give it another go tonight. I also haven't had any good results with CBD. So if you're the opposite of me, then you might have a good outcome with CBN. I'll report back again after a couple of more attempts so I have a good base of evidence to report.

Good luck all,

I haven't posted here but would LOVE to hear in the simplest way, what a safe way to start CBD/THC - what brand and what dose amount. I am in a state where I need to get a license but can also have a friend get me something in Cali and send it...I just get confused as to which oil will help with w/d - I know that it has to be THC/CBD. I spent way too much on CBD oil from hemp and it did nada either way.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to my favorite corner of BB, SoberHope. I work in a dispensary and may be able to provide some non-professional assistance. Getting a tincture or similar product that has a higher ratio of CBD to THC is a great place to start. We carry a 20:1 (CBD:THC) tincture that we usually recommend to new users. It has about 20mg of CBD and 1mg THC per serving. If that's not enough THC, there are also 10:1s, 2:1s and 1:1s out there. I've seen tinctures, capsules, tablets, chocolate, gummies, hand candies...all kinds of stuff. CBD helps balance the effects of THC. I don't recommend more than 5mg THC at a time for new users. I'm not sure what's available to you, but companies everywhere should have these kinds of products with these ratios available. Good luck!

auroragoryalyce  - thank YOU so much for the perfectly specific information. I am in NY so would need to get a MJ license or I could ask a friend in Cali to send me some. I think the 1% THC ratio is the smart place to start too. Are there any brands that you like tincture wise? I used to be able to smoke MJ a lot but now while tapering I am scared to touch most everything but def need some relief.

auroragoryalyce  - thank YOU so much for the perfectly specific information. I am in NY so would need to get a MJ license or I could ask a friend in Cali to send me some. I think the 1% THC ratio is the smart place to start too. Are there any brands that you like tincture wise? I used to be able to smoke MJ a lot but now while tapering I am scared to touch most everything but def need some relief.

Although brands are starting to distribute in more than one state, many companies just operate in one, and I'm in Colorado. For tincture, I like Stanley Brothers (same people who make Charlotte's Web CBD) but they're only available here, and Incredibles, who actually are slowly expanding into other states.

Also, if you have a choice between Indica or Sativa, I'd definitely choose Indica. Most of our tinctures with CBD:THC ratios are Hybrids.

Thanks auroragoryalyce - I know Charlotte's Web but I ordered the CBD oil from hemp...not that effective.

I love Colo - you're lucky to live there. I might be able to get a friend to mail me some...

I haven't posted here but would LOVE to hear in the simplest way, what a safe way to start CBD/THC - what brand and what dose amount. I am in a state where I need to get a license but can also have a friend get me something in Cali and send it...I just get confused as to which oil will help with w/d - I know that it has to be THC/CBD. I spent way too much on CBD oil from hemp and it did nada either way.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to my favorite corner of BB, SoberHope. I work in a dispensary and may be able to provide some unprofessional assistance. Getting a tincture or similar product that has a higher ratio of CBD to THC is a great place to start. We carry a 20:1 (CBD:THC) tincture that we usually recommend to new users. It has about 20mg of CBD and 1mg THC per serving. If that's not enough THC, there are also 10:1s, 2:1s and 1:1s out there. I've seen tinctures, capsules, tablets, chocolate, gummies, hand candies...all kinds of stuff. CBD helps balance the effects of THC. I don't recommend more than 5mg THC at a time for new users. I'm not sure what's available to you, but companies everywhere should have these kinds of products with these ratios available. Good luck!

Hi Aurora,

It sounds like you know something about all this.  I live in Washington State, which legalized several years ago.  But even though there are three cannabis shops on my way to my rural supermarket, the plethora of products is confusing.  I've never smoked pot but once in my long life, and got very sick.  And I can't inhale smoke without a bad reaction.

I've tried topicals for my shoulder pain, an ointment with 175 mgs each cbd/thc, and a weaker cream, which help though I was told I might become tolerant if used every day, so i only use it a few times a week.

I still experience occasional anxiety and insomnia, so am looking for a tincture or other edible.  Smoking is not an option for me.  It sounds like the 20:1 tincture might work for me?

???

Hi has anyone had any luck with CBD oil for anxiety attacks? I have them if I am out and in situations where escape is difficult or if I think I will be judged - basically agoraphobia and monophobia. These panic attacks are ruling my life. And I have had them for a year and a half now after reaching 8 mg of valium in my taper. I am three months off valium now.

We have legalization here in Canada and we have to go to approved dispensaries for medical marijuana. There are hemp products around too but I heard they are not regulated and I am not sure if they are as good?

I am looking at one that is 2% or less THC, but not sure if that is the best? Anyone with panic get relief with CBD?

Thank you for any advice you might have!!

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to my favorite corner of BB, SoberHope. I work in a dispensary and may be able to provide some unprofessional assistance. Getting a tincture or similar product that has a higher ratio of CBD to THC is a great place to start. We carry a 20:1 (CBD:THC) tincture that we usually recommend to new users. It has about 20mg of CBD and 1mg THC per serving. If that's not enough THC, there are also 10:1s, 2:1s and 1:1s out there. I've seen tinctures, capsules, tablets, chocolate, gummies, hand candies...all kinds of stuff. CBD helps balance the effects of THC. I don't recommend more than 5mg THC at a time for new users. I'm not sure what's available to you, but companies everywhere should have these kinds of products with these ratios available. Good luck!

Hi Aurora,

It sounds like you know something about all this.  I live in Washington State, which legalized several years ago.  But even though there are three cannabis shops on my way to my rural supermarket, the plethora of products is confusing.  I've never smoked pot but once in my long life, and got very sick.  And I can't inhale smoke without a bad reaction.

I've tried topicals for my shoulder pain, an ointment with 175 mgs each cbd/thc, and a weaker cream, which help though I was told I might become tolerant if used every day, so i only use it a few times a week.

I still experience occasional anxiety and insomnia, so am looking for a tincture or other edible.  Smoking is not an option for me.  It sounds like the 20:1 tincture might work for me?

???

Hey megan918, the 20:1 option is popular here for those wanting just a little more THC than the CBD oils allow (<.3%). That's what we'll recommend to customers if the regular CBD oil isn't enough to achieve the results they're looking for. In addition to tinctures, we carry tablets, capsules, and every sweet or savory treat imaginable. It's definitely overwhelming! I like the tinctures, tablets and capsules because they usually don't have any added sugar/carbs.

A 20:1 (or similar ratio) product may be what you're looking for; I did a quick google search for ratio tinctures in WA and saw multiple results!

Also, as far as topicals go, we do have ones here that are supposed to seep into the skin more effectively, called "nanoencapsulated" topicals. Maybe they could be more helpful?

We also have transdermal patches, meaning they do actually enter the bloodstream unlike regular topicals. They have a quicker onset and last longer.

Products with high "bioavailability" are supposed to be absorbed by the body better. Maybe you could ask a budtender about these things?!

Hi  does anyone have info. on CBG I also heard its good for insomnia

thxs

Hey bonty, I'm not sure we've ever had any products with CBG in them, unless it was just random, but here's an article about it. I do see companies selling CBG isolate on the internet, but don't know that I'd trust it.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbg-cannabinoid

What I do know can be good for insomnia is CBN. I haven't personally tried it yet, but we have a CBN patch by Mary's Medicinals, that's supposed to be good for sleep.

https://marysmedicinals.com/marys-medicinals-introduces-line-of-cannabinoid-supplements-with-industry-first-isolated-cbn-and-cbd/

Just an update on my CBN (not to be confused with CBD) trial. Took one capsule (25mg) and fell asleep relatively quickly. Woke up, couldn't fall back to sleep, took another cap. Still couldn't fall back to sleep and took 2 more caps. Bad night of sleep.

So this could just be me and I'll have to try it a few more times to make sure. No real good results at this point but I've only tried it once and will give it another go tonight. I also haven't had any good results with CBD. So if you're the opposite of me, then you might have a good outcome with CBN. I'll report back again after a couple of more attempts so I have a good base of evidence to report.

Good luck all,

Hey colley, sorry you haven't had any luck with CBN or CBD. I just remembered we recently got a new distillate vape pen by Mary's Medicinals that's a 1:1 ratio of CBN and CBD, so it has an equal amount of both. Have you tried taking the two together? Just curious since this product has combined them.

CBD is very subtle for me. I take it as a supplement, along with ashwaganda and a few other things. I see it as more of a secondary ingredient in my wellness recipe, rather than a main ingredient. If you're looking for something more, you may want to consider adding a little THC, if you have access? I don't know your history with THC, so I apologize if you've already explained.

[38...]

Good luck all,

Hey colley, sorry you haven't had any luck with CBN or CBD. I just remembered we recently got a new distillate vape pen by Mary's Medicinals that's a 1:1 ratio of CBN and CBD, so it has an equal amount of both. Have you tried taking the two together? Just curious since this product has combined them.

CBD is very subtle for me. I take it as a supplement, along with ashwaganda and a few other things. I see it as more of a secondary ingredient in my wellness recipe, rather than a main ingredient. If you're looking for something more, you may want to consider adding a little THC, if you have access? I don't know your history with THC, so I apologize if you've already explained.

I use MM CBD topicals patches on my torn rotator cuff shoulder. Something in the things makes my skin irritated. I’ve tried a few brands and get a rash. I don’t get a rash with my CBD creams so I’m thinking it’s whatever makes the cbd absorb that’s in these patches. I hate this since they’re so effective for the pain. 😭

Hi has anyone had any luck with CBD oil for anxiety attacks? I have them if I am out and in situations where escape is difficult or if I think I will be judged - basically agoraphobia and monophobia. These panic attacks are ruling my life. And I have had them for a year and a half now after reaching 8 mg of valium in my taper. I am three months off valium now.

We have legalization here in Canada and we have to go to approved dispensaries for medical marijuana. There are hemp products around too but I heard they are not regulated and I am not sure if they are as good?

I am looking at one that is 2% or less THC, but not sure if that is the best? Anyone with panic get relief with CBD?

Thank you for any advice you might have!!

Hey Optimist, I do use CBD for my anxiety, but it's just not strong enough on its own for me, so I also use THC and a couple other things. Hopefully someone else will chime in regarding panic and CBD.

Hi  does anyone have info. on CBG I also heard its good for insomnia

thxs

Hey bonty, I'm not sure we've ever had any products with CBG in them, unless it was just random, but here's an article about it. I do see companies selling CBG isolate on the internet, but don't know that I'd trust it.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbg-cannabinoid

What I do know can be good for insomnia is CBN. I haven't personally tried it yet, but we have a CBN patch by Mary's Medicinals, that's supposed to be good for sleep.

https://marysmedicinals.com/marys-medicinals-introduces-line-of-cannabinoid-supplements-with-industry-first-isolated-cbn-and-cbd/

thank you...

[f4...]

CBG is the starting point for making many cannabinoids (THC, CBD, CBC).  There's usually a small amount of CBG/CBGa in nearly all products.  It's easy to test for.  While most dispensaries probably don't advertise the CBG content, it should be on the lab report.

I'm not aware of CBG helping with insomnia (else, I would be all over it).  I see some strains with consistently high amounts (up to nearly 3% by weight).  One local grower has a strain called Wonder Woman which routinely has about the highest CBG content that I see.

[38...]

CBG is the starting point for making many cannabinoids (THC, CBD, CBC).  There's usually a small amount of CBG/CBGa in nearly all products.  It's easy to test for.  While most dispensaries probably don't advertise the CBG content, it should be on the lab report.

I'm not aware of CBG helping with insomnia (else, I would be all over it).  I see some strains with consistently high amounts (up to nearly 3% by weight).  One local grower has a strain called Wonder Woman which routinely has about the highest CBG content that I see.

Ahahahaaaa. Wish you could say who. There’s one grower whose products I won’t touch. I have a personal problem with this man: D. R. 😂😂😂 Gag.

I'm in a forum for cbd for UK users and a women mentioned and also admin, that CBG is great for insomnia

[f4...]

Ahahahaaaa. Wish you could say who. There’s one grower whose products I won’t touch. I have a personal problem with this man: D. R. 😂😂😂 Gag.

No, I can't tell you who grows it, but that specific information is readily searchable.

[38...]

No, I can't tell you who grows it, but that specific information is readily searchable.

Lol yes it is. I might even though I won’t give him my $$$.

Hey everyone I’m at Day 12 of jump and have bad inner tremors and tingling sensation throughout my body which causes panic attack and anxiety to spike, I’m looking into getting some CBD/THC oil online, maybe a 8:1 or 4:1 CBD/THC but need help finding where to buy it online without a medical card, I live in Nova Scotia Canada and would ask if fellow Canadians here could assist me some. Ty.