Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

[95...]

Pink - I'm sorry that you're feeling so much panic.  It's tough when you're afraid to try a medication.  The fear of adding something can cloud your ability to determine if or how a new medication is working.  CBD is usually really safe.  I usually suggest newbies try taking only a very small amount at first (too little to do anything - just a few mgs).  Then see how you do.  You'll probably feel nothing which shouldn't (hopefully) add to your anxiety, and might even give you just a wee bit of courage to try just a little bit more then next time.  If you get past 20-30 mgs with no effect, then I'd say it probably isn't going to do anything for you.

There are both Sativa and Indica lines of high CBD strains.  And plenty of mixes.  Personally, I don't pay much attention to Indica versus Sativa.  I look at the lab report to see what's in it.  If you find something that works for you, you'll want to know what's there so you can find something similar in the future.  Or it it didn't work for you, then you'll know what to avoid.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking around at capsules and notice some are CBD and some are only hemp oil. Would the cheaper option of hemp oil capsules on Amazon provide an effective treatment similar to CBD? I feel I could just vape CBD and take hemp oil to achieve the same effect as CBD capsules, is that true?

[04...]

I'm looking around at capsules and notice some are CBD and some are only hemp oil. Would the cheaper option of hemp oil capsules on Amazon provide an effective treatment similar to CBD? I feel I could just vape CBD and take hemp oil to achieve the same effect as CBD capsules, is that true?

Hemp oil doesn't necessarily have any notable CBD in it. Do you have a link to the product?

Hemp oil doesn't necessarily have any notable CBD in it. Do you have a link to the product?

Is it only the CBD that helps, or is hemp oil part of it? The capsules on the Charlotte's Web have only about 8mg or 18mg of CBD out of 15mg or 35mg total including hemp oil. If you look up hemp oil capsule on Amazon, that's what I'm talking about. They apparently can't sell CBD on Amazon, so I wonder if there's some in those products that isn't being mentioned, or if hemp oil is an essential part. Perhaps these products are similar, though hemp oil seems much cheaper.

[04...]

Is it only the CBD that helps, or is hemp oil part of it? The capsules on the Charlotte's Web have only about 8mg or 18mg of CBD out of 15mg or 35mg total including hemp oil. If you look up hemp oil capsule on Amazon, that's what I'm talking about. They apparently can't sell CBD on Amazon, so I wonder if there's some in those products that isn't being mentioned, or if hemp oil is an essential part.

CBD isolate can be in hemp oil, but the hemp oil doesn't as far as I know have any CBD in it. I used to use plain hemp oil for the omega benefits way before I became a medical cannabis patient.  Is this what you got?

https://www.amazon.com/Capsules-Anxiety-Natural-Organic-Extract/dp/B07F21R2H5/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1550456449&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cbd+oil+capsules+1000mg&psc=1

Is it only the CBD that helps, or is hemp oil part of it? The capsules on the Charlotte's Web have only about 8mg or 18mg of CBD out of 15mg or 35mg total including hemp oil. If you look up hemp oil capsule on Amazon, that's what I'm talking about. They apparently can't sell CBD on Amazon, so I wonder if there's some in those products that isn't being mentioned, or if hemp oil is an essential part.

This? https://www.amazon.com/Capsules-Anxiety-Natural-Organic-Extract/dp/B07F21R2H5/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1550456449&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cbd+oil+capsules+1000mg&psc=1

Yes that's the one. Did you notice a calming effect from the hemp oil? I'll have to substitute out my omega vitamin if I start these instead.

I personally take Medical. It actually makes me feel great, but I don't want to sit on the couch all day long.  It just makes me feel extremely happy and relaxed. Works for me, but not for everyone. So you'll never know till you try.

Edit: Removed commercial link.

[04...]

This? https://www.amazon.com/Capsules-Anxiety-Natural-Organic-Extract/dp/B07F21R2H5/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1550456449&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cbd+oil+capsules+1000mg&psc=1

Yes that's the one. Did you notice a calming effect from the hemp oil? I'll have to substitute out my omega vitamin if I start these instead.

I’ve personally never noticed any effects from hemp oil.

Me neither. I bought some online a while ago and felt nothing at all.

I have a tincture I make myself from CBD flower bud and that is quite effective. It has some THC in it, and I've come to realize (for myself) that CBD has to have a measureable amount of THC in it to work for me (say 6-10%). Our buddy badsocref, the marijuana tester, thinks this also.

But again, everyone is different. Apparently dozens of ppl on here buy CBD online (which according to our current  laws can only contain an infinitesimal amount of THC), get hemp oil (of course) and find it helps them. Okay.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Katz

[04...]

Me neither. I bought some online a while ago and felt nothing at all.

I have a tincture I make myself from CBD flower bud and that is quite effective. It has some THC in it, and I've come to realize (for myself) that CBD has to have a measureable amount of THC in it to work for me (say 6-10%). Our buddy badsocref, the marijuana tester, thinks this also.

But again, everyone is different. Apparently dozens of ppl on here buy CBD online (which according to our current  laws can only contain an infinitesimal amount of THC), get hemp oil (of course) and find it helps them. Okay.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Katz

Yes. CBD works best alongside all of the cannabinoids. :) Even when I was using TCH in measurable amounts, I didn't like using THC isolates.

I've been buying mostly the same two vapes, one being a full spectrum with minimal THC (VapeBright Thrive), the other a CBD isolate with no THC (Pure Spectrum). I feel the full spectrum works better despite lower CBD content. For the sake of science, I must admit I also smoke herb, and they usually work best together depending on my current issues.

I took a break from my THC vapes... I've started urine drug testing myself for synthetics and other drugs. So far I found out the herb and isolate CBD are clear, but hydroxyzine gives a false positive for K2.

[04...]
Wow. A false positive for K2??? Damn. I’ve never seen K2 although I know of one person who stupidly used it. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄🙄🙄 Hydroxizine? Crazy.

My searching shows it's antihistamines, including Benadryl, that will give the false K2 positive.

I remember Spice/K2 being popular about 10 years ago around here and stupidly trying it when a co-worker offered. That form was smokable, and they tried to make it look like marijuana. There are sprays and liquids now that they could put on real marijuana or into a vape, so I'm trying to be more responsible and try some tests I bought on Amazon and medical websites. I hope they legalize soon! It's so inconvenient having to deal with sketchy drug dealers and having to take their word that they got it shipped in from a legal state.

[04...]

My searching shows it's antihistamines, including Benadryl, that will give the false K2 positive.

I remember Spice/K2 being popular about 10 years ago around here and stupidly trying it when a co-worker offered. That form was smokable, and they tried to make it look like marijuana. There are sprays and liquids now that they could put on real marijuana or into a vape, so I'm trying to be more responsible and try some tests I bought on Amazon and medical websites. I hope they legalize soon! It's so inconvenient having to deal with sketchy drug dealers and having to take their word that they got it shipped in from a legal state.

Ouch. Yeah. I'm in a medical cannabis state and Colorado isn't far away either.  Hope you have legal access soon.

I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. My doc put me on Xanax. It may sound strange, but it makes me have the worst hangover. Thats why I take CBD oil (more info on site ). It calms all my nerves down. Allows me to stay calm and well organized. So you'll never know until you give it a try

What is K2?

[04...]

What is K2?

Synthetic cannabinoids. https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20180910/k2-spice-what-to-know-about-these-dangerous-drugs

Great stuff FI  ;D  thanks, gallows humor is the best. It's helped me through many seemingly unbearable times. Wishing everyone an easier day.

:smitten:

[95...]

We use Nutiva hemp oil in the lab as an matrix blank.  No CBD in there at all.  Hemp oil is made from seeds, and there's very little CBD found in seeds.  The oil contains a lot of omega-3, but I don't care for the flavor.

Read the lab report to see if there's CBD in a particular hemp product.  CBD from hemp oil is just like CBD from cannabis.  I'm guessing the terpene profiles will be a bit different based on term profiles for some high CBD strains that we test. 

Hemp can flip and produce THC, so it's entirely possible for even hemp-derived CBD to contain a small amount of THC.  Read the lab report to see.

NM - I'm guessing you're in my state.  I'm down south; Colorado's a seven hour drive from my house.  Glad we're at least a medical state.

[04...]

We use Nutiva hemp oil in the lab as an matrix blank.  No CBD in there at all.  Hemp oil is made from seeds, and there's very little CBD found in seeds.  The oil contains a lot of omega-3, but I don't care for the flavor.

Read the lab report to see if there's CBD in a particular hemp product.  CBD from hemp oil is just like CBD from cannabis.  I'm guessing the terpene profiles will be a bit different based on term profiles for some high CBD strains that we test. 

Hemp can flip and produce THC, so it's entirely possible for even hemp-derived CBD to contain a small amount of THC.  Read the lab report to see.

NM - I'm guessing you're in my state.  I'm down south; Colorado's a seven hour drive from my house.  Glad we're at least a medical state.

Yes and yes lol It’s been quite an education since we moved back here in 2013.

Not a Dr. Oz fan at all :sick: but this is an interesting segment regarding the HUGE differences in quality and price between various CBD products on the market.  ConsumerLab randomly picked nine products to evaluate and found a ten-fold difference in the amount of CBD in the various products, i.e. between 2-22 mg in a suggested serving.  That's crazy!

https://youtu.be/xieulhRjZiE (Skip to about the 8 min mark, if you don't want to listen to the whole thing).

For anyone interested, here's the link to ConsumerLab which provides third party testing results of various consumer products and supplements. (Annual membership fee).

https://www.consumerlab.com/aboutcl.asp