• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the puff - feel a little stoned tbh, not super paranoid but for a second a little paranoid.

The ear ringing stopped right away. It's been about 15 mins in....

[2d...]

I took the puff - feel a little stoned tbh, not super paranoid but for a second a little paranoid.

The ear ringing stopped right away. It's been about 15 mins in....

Just float... you’ll be fine. Breathe.

Has anyone had any luck with a specific strain for head pain / pressure? It's probably an individual think but I'm still working on this particular symptom and I have yet to find anything unless I take a bunch of Advil every single day... which tends to mess with other things going on in my body.

thank you,

I think a guy named Daniel Sneedin (not sure of name) has a video on YouTube about head pressure n what’s causing it in Benzo withdrawal? I think he was/is a pharmacist n went thru this himself

Back to the previous discussion about 1:1 cbd/thc for is new or inexperienced users, I went to my local Washington State cannabis store (there are 3 within 8 miles, and I live in a rural area), and ended up with a 5:1 tincture for my shoulder pain and mild anxiety issues.  It's called Green Revolution finest cannabis tincture cbd 5:1, 2 ounces, and contains about 20 doses.  Cost, $55.  Here's my review:

After holding it under my to tongue for a few minutes, it started to act quickly and within 15 minutes I was almost pain free and very relaxed.  The effect lasted almost 3 hours, and I didnt feel hung over afterwards.  So, a success as far as I'm concerned.  The rotator cuff issue comes from a lifetime of wear and tear, and can be very painful at times, so any relief is a plus for me.

:smitten:

Back to the previous discussion about 1:1 cbd/thc for is new or inexperienced users, I went to my local Washington State cannabis store (there are 3 within 8 miles, and I live in a rural area), and ended up with a 5:1 tincture for my shoulder pain and mild anxiety issues.  It's called Green Revolution finest cannabis tincture cbd 5:1, 2 ounces, and contains about 20 doses.  Cost, $55.  Here's my review:

After holding it under my to tongue for a few minutes, it started to act quickly and within 15 minutes I was almost pain free and very relaxed.  The effect lasted almost 3 hours, and I didnt feel hung over afterwards.  So, a success as far as I'm concerned.  The rotator cuff issue comes from a lifetime of wear and tear, and can be very painful at times, so any relief is a plus for me.

That's wonderful news! I'm elated for you!

I stay pretty medicated and can have difficulties, especially with this healing brain and body, figuring out what helps what, especially when it comes to CBD; I appreciate your input!

[92...]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have found a strain, Shepody, from organigram, that puts me to sleep in about 15 minutes.  It's intense.  It's a sativa.  I don't know why it does, honestly, as most other sativas make me sleepy as they start to wear off, two hours later.  It doesn't seem to do this for everyone, as noone in the reviews says this about it. 

This is what I know about it:

20.1% THC / < 0.07 CBD

Not Organically Grown

Terpinolene 0.32%

Caryophyllene 0.24%

Humulene 0.12%

Beta pinene 0.09%

Limonene 0.08%

Have to admit I'd be doing some head scratching as well Green although I've also had unexpected reactions to strains. Granddaddy Purple should help me sleep based on its profile instead it winds me up.  Looks like you’ve found yourself a new night strain!  :thumbsup:

[2d...]

Have to admit I'd be doing some head scratching as well Green although I've also had unexpected reactions to strains. Granddaddy Purple should help me sleep based on its profile instead it winds me up.  Looks like you’ve found yourself a new night strain!  :thumbsup:

Granddaddy Purple used to be my favorite strain for pain! Can’t find it any more!!!

Granddaddy Purple used to be my favorite strain for pain! Can’t find it any more!!!

That’s something that can be frustrating about the current legal MJ setup. It’s market driven and driven by recreational users. So strains can very easily come and go.

I finished straining the cannabis tincture i made and took 1 drop, i feel disoriented and tired .. had some initial anxiety when the effect took place in 20 mins but no effect to release my muscle spasm i think because it's only 1 drop. Should i increase to 2 drops tomorrow or still take 1 drop until i get used to it?.

Any Cannabis users with any suggestions?.

Scooby I’m a great fan of the gentle approach to cannabis and finding out how your body responds to a consistent dose even if it is starting with one drop, especially with a tincture which can be unpredictable with onset and duration. Strains can be deceivingly potent depending on the amount of thc even if there’s some cbd on board.  I’d keep a record of dosing for a few days at the same dose and record any effects good and bad before titrating up.

I also can’t recommend this site enough for great advice for anyone on how to begin using cannabis.

https://healer.com/

NM, Too too bad you can’t find Grandaddy Purple in your area. I hate it when I can’t find strains I really like. I tend to stock up when they come in as much as possible. I did have a hard time finally trying it though, it’s one of those strains that seems to sell out within hours.

[2d...]

Scooby I’m a great fan of the gentle approach to cannabis and finding out how your body responds to a consistent dose even if it is starting with one drop, especially with a tincture which can be unpredictable with onset and duration. Strains can be deceivingly potent depending on the amount of thc even if there’s some cbd on board.  I’d keep a record of dosing for a few days at the same dose and record any effects good and bad before titrating up.

I also can’t recommend this site enough for great advice for anyone on how to begin using cannabis.

https://healer.com/

NM, Too too bad you can’t find Grandaddy Purple in your area. I hate it when I can’t find strains I really like. I tend to stock up when they come in as much as possible. I did have a hard time finally trying it though, it’s one of those strains that seems to sell out within hours.

Agree on the gentle approach to cannabis! I took a break and boy how I’ve had to go super low and slow. Yes, it’s sad that these strains are hard if not impossible to find. Another was Da Purps. When I grew my one crop, I did look for GP and DP, but alas... I don’t think I’ll be growing again any time soon. It was super stressful for me!

Apologies because these are time sensitive links that I wasn’t aware expire at midnight tonight. The first link is an extended interview with Glenn and Catherine Lewis both who are medical patients and owners of Homegrown Healthcare of Maine, a medical cannabis caregiving business.

https://youtu.be/MaYnJ0S4I-8

The next two links are a question and answer format interview with Dr. David Bearman a pain management cannabis expert from Santa Barbara CA.

Part 1.    https://youtu.be/ScEUzhCUW0Q

Part 2.    https://youtu.be/5fmoNWFKo_s

I’d eventually love the opportunity to grow myself but it would need to be under the right conditions meaning legally. Every patient at the very least should be able to grow their own medicine. I only hope that time comes sooner rather than later.

[92...]

Granddaddy Purps is a caryophyllene/myrcene dominant strain.  Many other 'purple' strains share that profile.

[2d...]

Granddaddy Purps is a caryophyllene/myrcene dominant strain.  Many other 'purple' strains share that profile.

If I ever grow again it will include a purple strain for sure.

How does CBD help us in withdrawal. Not questioning that it does, just wanting some information on the conventional wisdom of the method of action.

Is it an inflammation thing? Do CB receptors help directly with anxiety or clearing glutamate, etc?

How does CBD help us in withdrawal. Not questioning that it does, just wanting some information on the conventional wisdom of the method of action.

Is it an inflammation thing? Do CB receptors help directly with anxiety or clearing glutamate, etc?

I found this article pretty informative, and there's a link to buy CBD from a local [to me] company we've carried in our dispensary, Ambary Gardens, at the bottom.

https://keytocannabis.com/blogs/cannabis/why-cbd-helps-you-get-off-pharmaceuticals

I found this article pretty informative, and there's a link to buy CBD from a local [to me] company we've carried in our dispensary, Ambary Gardens, at the bottom.

https://keytocannabis.com/blogs/cannabis/why-cbd-helps-you-get-off-pharmaceuticals

This article mentions that the benefits only occur at high doses. What's considered a "high dose"? Is it enough to just vape or smoke high-CBD flower daily or does it mean more than that?