Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

How does CBD help us in withdrawal. Not questioning that it does, just wanting some information on the conventional wisdom of the method of action.

Is it an inflammation thing? Do CB receptors help directly with anxiety or clearing glutamate, etc?

I found this article pretty informative, and there's a link to buy CBD from a local [to me] company we've carried in our dispensary, Ambary Gardens, at the bottom.

https://keytocannabis.com/blogs/cannabis/why-cbd-helps-you-get-off-pharmaceuticals

This article mentions that the benefits only occur at high doses. What's considered a "high dose"? Is it enough to just vape or smoke high-CBD flower daily or does it mean more than that?

It's difficult to say. It can depend on the individual and what's being treated. CBD doesn't have an official serving size yet. This website, CBDOilReview, sets a serving standard of 25mg twice/day. I personally think 50mg or more is a high dose. I take a tincture, but also take edibles and use vapes with CBD and THC.

https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidiol/cbd-dosage/#10-Strategies-to-Fine-Tune-Your-CBD-Oil-Dosage

We'll usually recommend someone start with a 5-10mg dose and increase as needed until desired effects are felt. It's pretty tough without proper research and sources of information; we honestly rely on customer reviews and anecdotes, as well as personal experiences, to guide people.

Our least concentrated bottle of tincture has an 8mg/mL serving size and our most concentrated has 166mg/mL.

I usually take 32mg in the morning. I'll take more if I come across it, or feel really anxious.

I like these articles as well:

https://honestmarijuana.com/cbd-dosage-calculator/

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/whats-the-best-cbd-dosage-81ec4f95503b

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask you all at what point after discontinuing the benzo did you begin taking medical cannabis and/or CBD (and which you take)?

I think my nervous system is still far too wrecked to attempt taking it, but I really need some relief at some point.

May I ask you all at what point after discontinuing the benzo did you begin taking medical cannabis and/or CBD (and which you take)?

I think my nervous system is still far too wrecked to attempt taking it, but I really need some relief at some point.

I waited a whole year before i tried cannabis because I wanted my body to reset without anything mixing up my natural chemistry but looking back i wish i woulda started a lot sooner because it has given so much relief to the symptoms

I waited a whole year before i tried cannabis because I wanted my body to reset without anything mixing up my natural chemistry but looking back i wish i woulda started a lot sooner because it has given so much relief to the symptoms

Thanks so much for your reply.  Can you describe your cannabis regimen?  Do you CBD or what strains, how much, etc.?

I've been taking CBD for about a year and a half/two years to help with bad PMS symptoms. I was having very strong cramps and CBD was a huge help. I then started taking a CBD gummy every morning and found that I was less anxious. I'm so glad that I was on CBD before starting my taper, even if I can't be sure exactly what effect the CBD is having on my brain chemicals. I've gotten really bad cramps late at night when trying to get to sleep and CBD (taken in a vape format) works within about 10 to 20 minutes to ease my stomach. I also take a dose if I'm going out and am feeling a bit anxious, this allows me more freedom. I think that I may have gained a bit of weight, but I think that's because my appetite was better before I started my last round of tapering off Klonopin. Instead of reaching for lorazapam (which I also have a prescription to), I use CBD which doesn't make me sleepy.

Hi...I am 4 months out, c/t.  A month ago, I started the CBD oil 10mg 3x/day.  Not sure of exact thc level but its low.  I get it from a pharmacy in town.  Only med mj legal here.  I think it made me nauseous (what doesn't?)  at first but I stuck with it.  My appetite returned and anxiety down.  Am not positive the oil had this effect but am pretty sure.  Finally, I can eat and am gaining strength.  No other supplement or herb has helped me.  They made me worse.  This has been my experience thus far.  So glad I found this thread a month ago.  Thank you so much!

Need some advice--I know it is slightly off benzo withdrawal topic but am hoping someone might be able to help. I have a medical card and have been using an alcohol tincture for sleep/nausea. My 16 year old son has been very ill for months, I have actually stopped my tapering efforts to care for him, he is 16 and 5'10" and 106 pounds. May have Crohn's disease. Not responding well to any meds, including high dose steroids. Really need to get weight on him. He has no appetite. Prescription appetite stimulants are causing bad side effects--headache and fatigue, and he is already very fatigued.

I am on some FB groups and a lot of people are putting cannabis infused oil into gel caps so they open in the gut and are better absorbed there where it is needed. I am a little overwhelmed by having to do all this. Does anyone know if this actually works better for stomach issues than just using the tincture I have, or I could make him edibles? Are there any actual doctors out there anywhere that will help with this sort of thing--willing to do telemedicine if need be. My medical marijuana doctor in NJ really offers little advice. I am not sure if I can get my son his own card without a diagnosis. He just has an atypical presentation for Crohn's so they think it is Crohn's but not 100 percent sure.

Thanks for any advice any of you have.

So sorry this is happening to your son, NJ.

NJ, I think of myself when I had lost 40 lbs on my taper and couldn't eat. That's when I started using indica mj (I know we've talked about this). It really made a difference to my sleeping and my appetite.

I'm not aware that CBD mj which must be what you describe as being cannabis-infused oil helps appetite. Maybe it does, I just don't know. Why is it preferable that the oil go to the stomach?? Any oil I've bought over the internet (hemp) is meant to go under the tongue where it is more quickly absorbed. Hmmf. Don't know about the stomach route.

If I were you, I would try some of the indica tincture you've made. It ought to give him the munchies, which is what he would benefit from. I know it does me! Still! I don't think doing that could hurt anything. Just be sure that your mj tincture is indica, not sativa. Having said that, my tincture (alcohol-based) is way too harsh to go under the tongue. I've tried it. I would put it in a bit of juice and have him drink it. In about 45 minutes he should get the munchies. If not, try a few more drops next time.

So, that's my advice, NJ.

Hope this has been helpful to you.

Katz

Thanks Katz. I appreciate your thoughts. Your tincture recipe is saving me during this craziness. He has been sick for almost 8 months; but I can sleep well every night with the recipe you gave me. I am just so overwhelmed ... will have to give it a try with him maybe starting next weekend, don't want to try anything new right before he goes back to school, he has been off for spring break. I cannot believe the high dose steroid is failing him.

NM, thanks so much for this.  This is beyond thorough.

May I ask (I am attempting to parse all of the information -- lots of details!), is there a method for intake and/or dose that has been effective?  Is CBD the best way to go (as opposed to an indica, etc.)?

My nervous system is still so sensitive. I discontinued seroquel, so I am currently med-free.  My concern is having a setback if I take CBD or medical cannabis -- I am not so much concerned about a setback from taking it, but instead a setback in the event that I can no longer take it for some reason.

I would love to hear any thoughts you have on this.

Thank you again <3

Edit: Also, I meant to say, that my other concern is if I would still have the capacity to heal whilst using the CBD or medical cannabis, given the timeframe of when I was essentially c/t´d from clonazepam. I know these questions are complex and the answers vary individual to individual.  I value your any thoughts you have. 

Man I am in a really bad wave right now and I haven’t had one like this in a long time. For some reason the weed isn’t helping either it’s actually making it worse which was never the case before. Which sucks cause it’s mission impossible for me to fall asleep without it. Then the lack of sleep intensitifies my symptoms creating that beloved vicious cycle one encounters during recovery.

[5a...]
Sorry that you're in the midst of a wave.  Let's have it pass soon.  As for the cannabis/sleep thing - have you tried switching strains?  I often notice that I sleep a little better for a while when I change strains.

i noticed that i tried some cbd oil and thc mixture and i could not sleep at all  i think the gummie i took was 10mg  it did nothing for me .

Sorry that you're in the midst of a wave.  Let's have it pass soon.  As for the cannabis/sleep thing - have you tried switching strains?  I often notice that I sleep a little better for a while when I change strains.

I find this to be true as well. Need to switch it up to continue for it to help with sleep.

yes it does not matter if i change up go with a different strain or what i do i guess all the pharmetucial drugs i was on maybey contributed to this .

Hello everyone, I just got a CBD pomade for a mild knee injury, it worked great, and Coincidently, I was going down 5% on my taper... from .114 to .109 and to be honest I feel great, I didn’t have any extra symptoms. I am not sure what dose is that I am putting in my knee(dose absorbed) since it was a sample with no label, I am just grabbing a little bit with my finger , I don’t know if it’s actually helping or maybe it’s my head filled with placebo haha either or, I might buy the whole thing.

Much love, is anyone else using topical cbd?

Blossom

I know this is off topic but I know some folks on here work for dispensaries and to be honest I am desperate for some advice.

My 16 year old has been ill for several months and it's worsening quickly and it seems very likely that it is Crohn's disease. His primary complaint is stomach pain and lack of appetite (and massive weight loss). I would like to try CBD oil for the pain but all of the "marijuana is so damaging to the teen brain" stories are making me hesitant. I know there is hardly any THC in the CBD oil but there is some.

Does anyone know anyone who has their kids using CBD oil? Is this really a risk to try? I know Crohn's is a qualifying condition for medical marijuana as well so I have to believe the CBD oil from hemp might help in some way.

Honestly, the pharmaceutical options to treat Crohn's have pretty significant side effects that are leaving me terrified, plus of course I am no fan of big pharma.

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has it. Again, realize this is off topic.

Sorry I’ve been away for a long time. But if your still looking check out palmetto harmony. It’s hemp CBD & many on there use on their kids good luck

Has anyone smoked  weed despite a sensitive CNS were I tried  trazodone and  some other  med and I couldn't handle it made me feel off ... I wonder if its possible to still take  cannabis  despite the polydrugs..

I have access to  a strain called critical mass anyone  tried it ?

Any input  appreciated    :smitten:

also going to try CBD  waiting for deliver

Bonty, if it were me I’d be more inclined to wait for the cbd strain to use first if you're concerned about feeling off. Far more likely to feel off with Critical Mass rather than the cbd in my opinion.  If smoking is your only option rather than vaping that’s also something to consider, smoking is much harder to control all the way around which is why I much prefer using vape cartridges. Far better dosage control and a lot less waste but if that’s the only option you have then I’d start very very cautiously no matter what strain you try to minimize negative effects.

I finally got my hands on an extremely high cbd strain called The Wife, irresistible name isn’t it? It’s the first super high cbd strain I’ve seen in this area, the ratio is a whopping 24:1 and less than 1 % thc. This has been a great strain for pain inflammation as well as anxiety and mood. If anyone is looking for a high cbd strain I highly recommend this one. I personally need more thc overall but I am also a huge fan of cbd strains to balance psychoactivity. I mostly use sativa dominant strains during the day and this one works wonderfully to help me maintain balance.

:smitten:

I’ve tried Critical Mass while still sensitive / tapering. It didn’t mess me up, but I did feel off. I can only really tolerate strains with almost no THC. I’ve actually felt DR from a strain with a ration around 1:2 (the 1 being THC). I thought it was impossible to have the paranoid affects below 1:1, but for me I need basically no THC.