Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I have been using marijuana for about six months now for sleep; it is awesome. However, I do need high THC, it's the only thing that works for me. I dose with an alcohol tincture so I can take enough without making me super high (I sort of feel like I am high just when asleep, so who cares?). Hope everyone finds relief.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[cf...]
If you add myrcene, go easy on it.  I tried some guy's oil where he added myrcene to 5% and it was kind of overwhelmingly floral to me.

[cf...]

This came across the desk this morning - an actual article on cannabis reducing the use of benzos in patients.  First link is the actual article; second is more of a white paper and probably easier to understand.

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/can.2018.0020

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/medical-cannabis-greatly-reduces-use-of-benzodiazepine-in-patients-311484?

Does anyone know if CBD Oil is safe after tapering? I started taking it occasionally and (maybe coincidentally) have been feeling much worse lately. I kind of feel like i'm going in reverse, but wondering if it's that or just the nature of the beast for me right now. Anyone else?

It does help lessen things a bit, but lately my anxiety has been a lot worse. So wondering if it's acting like a benzo... I'm hoping it's not reseting my progress.

**updated - misspelled CBD oil as CBN - it was intended to be CBD**

Does anyone know if CBN Oil is safe after tapering? I started taking it occasionally and (maybe coincidentally) have been feeling much worse lately. I kind of feel like i'm going in reverse, but wondering if it's that or just the nature of the beast for me right now. Anyone else?

It does help lessen things a bit, but lately my anxiety has been a lot worse. So wondering if it's acting like a benzo... I'm hoping it's not reseting my progress.

...bummer. I have some CBN capsules (oil) on order and I thought it would be helpful for sleep based on the research I did on  the web.

I haven't personally tried it, but I have read that it's pretty scarce. Apparently a company called Mary's Medicinals prepares it in patches. A dispensary in Portland Or carries them. I wouldn't be surprised, Colley, if one of your Canadian dispensaries carries them also.

Unlike CBD products. CBN patches (or whatever) can't be shipped as the products contain THC. so you have to buy them on-site.

If you (or someone) finds out some info about it, will you post it?

Katz

HI. Long story short still on poison but i'm in acute withdrawl and this SEVERE panic, anxiety, intrusive OCD thoughts along with the other 150 symptoms plus like 5 new ones every night are about to send me over the edge! I'm SO desperate for relief esp with this SEVERE anxiety stuff. I ordered standard Lazarus full spectrum CBD oil but i'm so deathly afraid to try it! But need to for relief. I keep holding the bottle opened in my hand to build up the courage but back down everytime! Has anyone had any success with this for SEVERE anxiety ect!?😖

HI. Long story short still on poison but i'm in acute withdrawl and this SEVERE panic, anxiety, intrusive OCD thoughts along with the other 150 symptoms plus like 5 new ones every night are about to send me over the edge! I'm SO desperate for relief esp with this SEVERE anxiety stuff. I ordered standard Lazarus full spectrum CBD oil but i'm so deathly afraid to try it! But need to for relief. I keep holding the bottle opened in my hand to build up the courage but back down everytime! Has anyone had any success with this for SEVERE anxiety ect!?😖

You should take it. It's only hemp not psychoactive at all. Why are you afraid?. Your anxiety is taking control of you. If i had it i would take it in an instant.

You should take it. It's only hemp not psychoactive at all. Why are you afraid?. Your anxiety is taking control of you. If i had it i would take it in an instant.

Just so afraid it's going to make me worse. Wont be able to get it out of my system if so.

Just so afraid it's going to make me worse. Wont be able to get it out of my system if so.

it doesn't cause a head change at all?

[cb...]

CBD shouldn't cause any type of high or anything. Unless by some off chance it's adulterated, (rare I'm sure) the only head change would be psychological. 

Is there any list of high reputation/quality CBD vendors or brands? I use the disposable vape cartridges, but I'd like to also check if these brands I use are reputable and maybe add in an edible or capsule supplement, something that also has terpenes. I wasn't a fan of the sublingual tincture/oil droppers.

CBD shouldn't cause any type of high or anything. Unless by some off chance it's adulterated, (rare I'm sure) the only head change would be psychological.

is it calming like a benzo? Stronger or weaker?

Pink:

Everyone is different and the only way to know is to try it. I know it has helped me with anxiety (I would not say severe anxiety) and extremely horrific nausea.

I haven't personally tried it, but I have read that it's pretty scarce. Apparently a company called Mary's Medicinals prepares it in patches. A dispensary in Portland Or carries them. I wouldn't be surprised, Colley, if one of your Canadian dispensaries carries them also.

Unlike CBD products. CBN patches (or whatever) can't be shipped as the products contain THC. so you have to buy them on-site.

If you (or someone) finds out some info about it, will you post it?

Katz

Thanks Katz... I'm in Canada so I ordered some online (CBN capsules). PM me for source if anyone is interested. I haven't received them yet but I'll review once I have.

[cb...]

is it calming like a benzo? Stronger or weaker?

To me it is nothing whatsoever like a benzo.  Nothing about CBD in my experience can compare to a benzo.  If anything, it's like taking Motrin. It helps my pain to some extent or another without making me "feel" anything. If it helps my anxiety, it's not like having a drink of alcohol, a puff off a joint of vape pen, or even a cigarette. CBD has absolutely zero psychoactive effects on me.  That's just me, and like others have said, the only way you'll know if it helps you or not is to try it.

[cb...]

Is there any list of high reputation/quality CBD vendors or brands? I use the disposable vape cartridges, but I'd like to also check if these brands I use are reputable and maybe add in an edible or capsule supplement, something that also has terpenes. I wasn't a fan of the sublingual tincture/oil droppers.

I personally don't know. I live in a medical cannabis state, so I buy my CBD from CBD stores in town. Wish I could help, but maybe someone will come along who can.

I stick with brands that work with the Realm of Caring, a nonprofit that works to help patients use CBD effectively. I use the Charlotte's Web brand of CBD but there are others they recommend. The prices aren't cheap but I feel I get a high quality product.

[cb...]

Is Lazarus standard cbd oil indica or sativa or no such thing? Can I choose the type?

I don't believe you need to worry about sativa or indica when getting CBD oil unless it has added terpenes.  Some terpenes are more uplifting or sedating.  Ask your supplier. :)

Pink, as Scooby said, your oil is produced from hemp. (Likely) not from marijuana. If it came through the mail it isn't THC. So indica/sativa is not relevant.

It will definitely NOT have a psychoactive effect. Why not try a few drops (read the instructions on the bottle). See how that works.

I understand that you're scared. And if it doesn't help you, then don't continue taking it. Everyone's different.

But it should be okay. The first time I took it I felt . . . meh. But in about an hour I realized it did have a subtle calming effect. It's nothing like THC and it's nothing like a benzo. I use it during the ay when I need to feel less anxious.

Anyhow, that' my opinion/advice.

:smitten:

Katz

[cb...]

Pink, as Scooby said, your oil is produced from hemp. (Likely) not from marijuana. If it came through the mail it isn't THC. So indica/sativa is not relevant.

It will definitely NOT have a psychoactive effect. Why not try a few drops (read the instructions on the bottle). See how that works.

I understand that you're scared. And if it doesn't help you, then don't continue taking it. Everyone's different.

But it should be okay. The first time I took it I felt . . . meh. But in about an hour I realized it did have a subtle calming effect. It's nothing like THC and it's nothing like a benzo. I use it during the ay when I need to feel less anxious.

Anyhow, that' my opinion/advice.

:smitten:

Katz

Yep. The CBD sold online is made from hemp-it's an isolate from hemp, not cannabis with any THC in it.