Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

[b6...]
We've been seeing a lot more distillates at the testing lab lately.  Many of them contain appreciable amounts of delta-8 THC which some people claim is more calming and a bit less psychoactive than delta-9.  Some samples were dominant for delta-8.  Has anybody tried a high delta-8 distillate yet?  What was the experience?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wealth of information on this thread!

I've found CBD (I vape it) to be therapeutic to help a wandering mind and anxiety. Smoking a fair amount of marijuana helped me get through acute WD phases; other times it gives horrible anxiety and sometimes it helps. When I was really out of it, smoking truly took the edge off and helped me function.

bads, have you found any strains in particular that are high in delta-8? By that I mean the flower bud? I would be interested in purchasing them to make my tincture.

Thanks!

Katz

We've been seeing a lot more distillates at the testing lab lately.  Many of them contain appreciable amounts of delta-8 THC which some people claim is more calming and a bit less psychoactive than delta-9.  Some samples were dominant for delta-8.  Has anybody tried a high delta-8 distillate yet?  What was the experience?

I hadn't heard about it. I asked two of my coworkers, and they hadn't either, but now we're on the look out for it in CO.

bads, have you found any strains in particular that are high in delta-8? By that I mean the flower bud? I would be interested in purchasing them to make my tincture.

Thanks!

Katz

I found this article, which was informative. A company in WA is using Lost Coast OG to make a distillate vape cartridge testing high in Delta-8.

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/what-is-delta8-thc

[b8...]
Hi all - just received my first mail order government cannabis (in Canada!) it is 0.44% indica THC and 12.58 % CBD - is this a good strain to start with? Thanks

Hi all - just received my first mail order government cannabis (in Canada!) it is 0.44% indica THC and 12.58 % CBD - is this a good strain to start with? Thanks

Do you know if it's indica or sativa?

Oh sorry, just saw that it's indica. Yes, that's a good one to start with.

It's a little high in CBD for me, but everyone is different.

Good luck, salalberry. Keep us posted? I was using a 50/50 -- AC/DC and did not like it. The THC was a sativa -- maybe that's why. I'm open to something else.

Katz

[b8...]
It’s too funny - up here you can just order however you’d like direct from the gov and it comes the next day. They have all sorts of blends so I’ll start here and see how it goes !

It’s too funny - up here you can just order however you’d like direct from the gov and it comes the next day.

Cool, salalberry. I'm a Canuck -- I might just move back!  :laugh:

Katz

Hi all,

Cannabis is totally legal in Canada now.  But I must say the black market has much better quality stuff. 

Hello Saga23.... how i miss you and your lovely spirit.  Here I am in the flesh 5 years later I think... along time anyways.  Gotta love protracted withdrawal.  But I'm here to tell you I am totally free.. no benzo, no antidepressant.  I'm clean as a whistile.  I don't drink or do much pot.  I'm clean and I'm here to say it's possible to everyone.  You must believe and you must help each other.  The connection to this website... plus saga23 gave me spirit to continue with all else was broken down and forgotten to belief.  I will always be in great thanks to this site and saga23 and lot's of others but I truly felt the warmth and belief coming from saga23.  I hope someday we can meet in person and I can thank you. 

Love you all!

Hi everyone,

New to this group and 9 weeks post very long taper. 

Currently, getting hit with much muscle and nerve pain of the burning and inner vibration type.

Anyone have success with using cbd/THC for this?

I have access to both and to a variety of strengths but limited to only 1 type........in a tightly regulated mj state.

Thanks,

Marija

Hi all,

Cannabis is totally legal in Canada now.  But I must say the black market has much better quality stuff. 

Hello Saga23.... how i miss you and your lovely spirit.  Here I am in the flesh 5 years later I think... along time anyways.  Gotta love protracted withdrawal.  But I'm here to tell you I am totally free.. no benzo, no antidepressant.  I'm clean as a whistile.  I don't drink or do much pot.  I'm clean and I'm here to say it's possible to everyone.  You must believe and you must help each other.  The connection to this website... plus saga23 gave me spirit to continue with all else was broken down and forgotten to belief.  I will always be in great thanks to this site and saga23 and lot's of others but I truly felt the warmth and belief coming from saga23.  I hope someday we can meet in person and I can thank you. 

Love you all!

Oh Gonna  :smitten: you beautiful woman it's so so good to see you drop in. I total teared up (in a good way) this morning reading your message. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years for us already, can't say I'm loving protracted either, lol, sighs,  but it is what it is.... I'm so happy you're totally free well done very well done!

That was my plan as well but life is strange that way you know, I'm trying to learn to expect the unexpected in this recovery process. I could never for the life of me ever imagined myself as a strong advocate for cannabis but here I am! The very last thing I intended after coming off all the meds truthfully it's literally saved my life but what a turn of events.... I'm now schooling my adult children on medical marijuana when I spent a whole lot of years busting them. They are so thoroughly amused by this and I can't really blame them! Who'd have thought, lol. They do need to stop hinting at me gifting them my rejected products though because that's never ever going to happen.  :laugh:  :crazy:

Everything you said is so true though, it's very much all about the amazing people we find along the way who help keep us going when it seems impossible and Gonna you've given me as much spirit and strength as I've given you, such a large part of why BB is invaluable. It's honestly the one place we truly understand the pain of this experience. I just started smiling again thinking of old times and the jumpers thread. Admittedly it's been a not so great time recently having you stop in means a lot. Sending so much love to you and much more healing your way.  :hug:

Hi Marija, I just responded to your message, really hope I was able to help. Wishing you luck!

:smitten:

I wonder if anyone has found a specific type that helps with depression. I've read that MJ is a depressant and so I stay away but maybe it's time to reconsider. It always just makes me feel tired so maybe it's just not for me.

Colley I was just talking about that very subject in depth explaining to my best friend I am now actively paying attention to which strains give me a mood boost. Because I tend to use multiple strains daily it's been harder for me to discern. It's actually not common for me to have any kind of giggly silly or over the top euphoric feeling that many people seem to consider a standard reaction to using cannabis. I am very much prone to depression and chronic pain certainly doesn't help the mood that's for sure.  :(

But... the times I accidentally do get a mood boost are most welcome, it's strange that I almost feel guilty when it happens because I'm primarily medicating for pain not looking to escape from reality or wanting to feel altered if that makes any sense. Ultimately I still have a really really hard time reconciling my use of another psychotropic after spending years getting off so many of them.  Sighs. I have to admit though I'm now actively searching for those strains that give me a boost without the excessive spacey feeling I actually despise. We humans are complex creatures aren't we?

Hi Salalberry, if I had to choose only one strain for myself it would be Harlequin, a sativa dominant strain with a 1:2 thc :cbd ratio. At 9 % thc to 17 % cbd it's the one I've bought the most in the past year. I liked the ratio of the strain you ordered, I hope it's a good starting place for you.  :)

Colley I was just talking about that very subject in depth explaining to my best friend I am now actively paying attention to which strains give me a mood boost. Because I tend to use multiple strains daily it's been harder for me to discern. It's actually not common for me to have any kind of giggly silly or over the top euphoric feeling that many people seem to consider a standard reaction to using cannabis. I am very much prone to depression and chronic pain certainly doesn't help the mood that's for sure.  :(

But... the times I accidentally do get a mood boost are most welcome, it's strange that I almost feel guilty when it happens because I'm primarily medicating for pain not looking to escape from reality or wanting to feel altered if that makes any sense. Ultimately I still have a really really hard time reconciling my use of another psychotropic after spending years getting off so many of them.  Sighs. I have to admit though I'm now actively searching for those strains that give me a boost without the excessive spacey feeling I actually despise. We humans are complex creatures aren't we?

Hi Salalberry, if I had to choose only one strain for myself it would be Harlequin, a sativa dominant strain with a 1:2 thc :cbd ratio. At 9 % thc to 17 % cbd it's the one I've bought the most in the past year. I liked the ratio of the strain you ordered, I hope it's a good starting place for you.  :)

Harlequin is a great strain. Another good one for anxiety us blue dream which is a bit stronger and is sativa dominant but it’s a great mood lift. I smoked these often before my cold turkey. Being in the thick of wds I’m afraid to even touch herbal teas so right now no marijuana

Hey thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated Jus1More. Blue Dream is one I've been wanting to try so it'll go to the top of my wish list for sure! I'm really sorry you're not able to handle herbal teas, in the early days I literally ordered chamomile and rooibus tea by the case from Amazon. :sick:

They helped me quite a lot and I still use them often.

Hi all,

Love you all!

Oh Gonna  :smitten: you beautiful woman it's so so good to see you drop in. I total teared up (in a good way) this morning reading your message. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years for us already, can't say I'm loving protracted either, lol, sighs,  but it is what it is.... I'm so happy you're totally free well done very well done!

That was my plan as well but life is strange that way you know, I'm trying to learn to expect the unexpected in this recovery process. I could never for the life of me ever imagined myself as a strong advocate for cannabis but here I am! The very last thing I intended after coming off all the meds truthfully it's literally saved my life but what a turn of events.... I'm now schooling my adult children on medical marijuana when I spent a whole lot of years busting them. They are so thoroughly amused by this and I can't really blame them! Who'd have thought, lol. They do need to stop hinting at me gifting them my rejected products though because that's never ever going to happen.  :laugh:  :crazy:

Everything you said is so true though, it's very much all about the amazing people we find along the way who help keep us going when it seems impossible and Gonna you've given me as much spirit and strength as I've given you, such a large part of why BB is invaluable. It's honestly the one place we truly understand the pain of this experience. I just started smiling again thinking of old times and the jumpers thread. Admittedly it's been a not so great time recently having you stop in means a lot. Sending so much love to you and much more healing your way.  :hug:

Hi Marija, I just responded to your message, really hope I was able to help. Wishing you luck!

Oh you are so wonderful.  You are so full of kind words.  I must say I have dabbled with pot myself.  I gotta say the stuff on the black market is much stronger.  Both the cbd and the thc strains.  The medical stuff in Canada sells strength of 25 mg of cbd oil and the stuff I'm going to try from a friend is 1000 mg.  It costs a little more but I get way more bang for my buck.  And the THC oil i get has a strength of 90 mg vs 12.5 for the same price.  I went to a house party for edibles and I got a paper saying i can purchase direct from www.cannacabana.ca if your interested at all.  I don't like to smoke pot that much so I stick with the oils myself. Unfortunately Canada lays and ways don't want to cure anyone they want them to have to consume for the rest of their lives so they allow enough to keep us alive but to thrive we must seek other options.  I also pick up so vitamins when i was in the states visiting my son.  I picked up 1000 mg of tryptophan... can not get this is Canada.  It has turned my life around or at least my smile has turned the right way.  I will always be so thankful to you and this site and my belief in it and I will always pop my head in.  Love you all and I promise to all of you that even protracted withdrawal is fixable with persaverance and a good positive attitude.  We must believe it's possible.  The placebo effect is the biggest part of all of this.  Our brains are beautiful, beautiful masterpieces and we have no idea that they create our futures.  Look up Dr. Joe Dispenza.  He has multiple books on it.  Simply life changing. 

Sue  8):angel::smitten:

Can you use cbd oil while tapering  I had a few CT myself

[quote name="Saga23

link=topic=165140.msg2789426#msg2789426date=1548298692]

Hi all,

Love you all!

I was wondering if cbd is effective as I have access to Provacan 6% 600mg

CBD (Cannabidiol): 600mg (6%)

CBDv (Cannabidivarin) 120mg (1.2%)

CBG (Canabigerol): 35mg (0.35%)

CBDa (CannabidiolicAcid) 9.7mg (0.1%)

what do you think just started tapering and have broken sleep -insomnia