Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi Bonty, the product you listed may not be helpful for insomnia. I think most people who've posted on the thread have had better results for insomnia with some thc in the mix and that's a hemp based product with no thc. I can't speak about using during tapering, I began these products 2 years post taper. Everyone is different though, maybe it will help you.

:smitten:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pondering about CBD oil to deal with insomnia.  I've tried prescription drugs, and my experience is that I don't want to get off the couch with most meds.

Hi Amanda I took a look at the link if it were me I'd try the 1:1 cannabis oil for insomnia when it becomes available I think that's your best bet. The cbd product doesn't list any thc and I think the high thc product may be too much to start for sure. Hope it becomes available soon!

Hi Bonty, the product you listed may not be helpful for insomnia. I think most people who've posted on the thread have had better results for insomnia with some thc in the mix and that's a hemp based product with no thc. I can't speak about using during tapering, I began these products 2 years post taper. Everyone is different though, maybe it will help you.

thxs, so I should get a  cbd with more thc if anything, what %  of thc to start with for example?

Does anyone know if medical marijuana makes withdrawals worse because it tickles gaba receptors or messes with the same part of the brain as benzos? Or is it more of an individual thing? If someone is prone to anxiety when using mj that it will simply make it worse?

I’m so afraid to touch anything but if there’s POTENTIALLY relief without messing with the brain as do benzos I maybgive it a try.

I have my card and my state is legalizing it this year also

Does anyone know if medical marijuana makes withdrawals worse because it tickles gaba receptors or messes with the same part of the brain as benzos? Or is it more of an individual thing? If someone is prone to anxiety when using mj that it will simply make it worse?

I’m so afraid to touch anything but if there’s POTENTIALLY relief without messing with the brain as do benzos I maybgive it a try.

It is helping me immensely. I began using in June all day--high THC for night and a low THC during the day for nausea--now I need only at night to help me sleep. I don't know how I would be managing without it. I am 50 and never used marijuana before, was never into alcohol, so this I feel is saving me. I am not tapering at the moment, on 1/2 of my original klonopin dose, but have a lot of life stress right now with a very sick 16 year old and would not be functional without my medical marijuana (granted, some days I am barely functional with my son's health issues but I am hanging in there as best I can).

It is helping me immensely. I began using in June all day--high THC for night and a low THC during the day for nausea--now I need only at night to help me sleep. I don't know how I would be managing without it. I am 50 and never used marijuana before, was never into alcohol, so this I feel is saving me. I am not tapering at the moment, on 1/2 of my original klonopin dose, but have a lot of life stress right now with a very sick 16 year old and would not be functional without my medical marijuana (granted, some days I am barely functional with my son's health issues but I am hanging in there as best I can).

Thank you for your response and I’m sorry your son is fighting health issues. I’m sure he’ll pull through.

That was great feedback. I just didn’t know if mj was known to mess with gaba. I guess it doesn’t.

A couple months ago I was using it a few times a week and mainly sativas. Once I stopped thebxanax 6 weeks ago I’ve been afraid to touch anything. I only took the Xanax 0.5mg for a couple months and I feel I’m through the worst however I’m still going through a lot anxiety and chest pressure

Hi Everyone -

I ordered a CBD oil (made from hemp) to help with w/d s/x while I taper from Valium (I am currently at 3mg, down from 10mg - started tapering last October).

I haven't tried the CBD oil yet (it hasn't arrived by mail). Can someone advise me on a marijuana product that can help ease w/d s/x? I am guessing indica as opposed to sativa. I'd rather not risk something that will send me into a wave so want to start slow and experiment.

Thanks!

Someone (fotget the OP) posted this:

I think most people who've posted on the thread have had better results for insomnia with some thc in the mix

I have to say that this was the case for me.

The indica tincture I make myself gives me great sleep. Before I knew how to make a tincture, I vaped indica flower bud. I used it pretty much all during my taper. I've found that just about any high THC indica works for me.

If I get a little wiggy (i.e. anxious) during the day, I use some CBD. Again, a tincture I make myself from mj flower bud. I start with Cannatonic or Bleugenius or Corazon if I can get it.

I have not found any combo of CBD & THC to be helpful for sleep. I was my own guinea pig and did a lot of experimentation.

Everyone's different, of course, but I just thought I'd chime in with my experience.

Be well,

Katz

"New Research Shows All Marijuana Strains Basically The Same"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeadams/2018/10/14/new-research-shows-all-marijuana-strains-basically-the-same/#e1daf8723fac

“The THC content can be identical between these two classification groups,” the study finds.

Researchers say their findings do not discount the idea that different strains provide the user with varied medicinal benefits. The study simply shows there is so much more going on than just THC and CBD levels.

Most consumers are unaware that there are somewhere around 100 cannabinoids at work in any given strain. But legal markets only require producers to show the THC and CBD content.

Meanwhile, the presence of unsung cannabinoids like Cannabichromene (CBC) and Cannabinol (CBN) may be doing most of the heavy lifting. Researchers say they even discovered more than 20 previously unknown cannabinoids during the experiment.

"Understanding the presence of the low abundance cannabinoids could provide valuable information to the medical cannabis community,” Mudge said.

Throughout the past several decades, underground cannabis breeders have been somewhat restricted in the types of strains they could grow. Researchers say the outlaw status of the cannabis plant has prevented the true heritage of most cannabis strains from being properly documented and passed down.

Here's the full article:

"Chemometric Analysis of Cannabinoids: Chemotaxonomy and Domestication Syndrome"

E. M. Mudge, S. J. Murch & P. N. Brown | Published: 30 August 2018

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-31120-2

Oops, I just edited my post (forgot to add an excerpt).  Yes, super, super interesting.

Most consumers are unaware that there are somewhere around 100 cannabinoids at work in any given strain. But legal markets only require producers to show the THC and CBD content.

Good article abcd thanks, I find all of this incredibly fascinating... how strains can be similar and yet so different. I did notice the last concentrate I picked up listed 10 potential cannabinoids but primarily yes the emphasis is only the ratios of thc and cbd. Can only hope the research continues to explore the effects of all the lesser known cannabinoids.  :smitten:

thxs, so I should get a  cbd with more thc if anything, what %  of thc to start with for example?

I'd try to find a cannabis product with the highest possible ratio to start with. Very little thc mostly cbd say a 20:1 ratio. I'd start very very slowly at the smallest amount possible then assess the response. Low and slow is the best approach in my opinion.  :thumbsup:

Saga23 - I would love to find a low dose THC/CBD product to help with sleep and anxiety as I taper off Valium (currently at 3mg, down from 10mg). I don't want to feel "stoned" or ramp up any s/x. Thanks so much!

Saga23 thxs, I found a few  cbd with terpenes  which are the ones  for sleep ... I will see how it goes I have to order them...  In the meanwhile dealing with  insomnia...lol

I just started tapering  a few months ago, is this advisable  I have gone through different changes but I think taking a psychiatric drug is worst ... so I thought  cannabis can be a better choice...

Saga23 - I would love to find a low dose THC/CBD product to help with sleep and anxiety as I taper off Valium (currently at 3mg, down from 10mg). I don't want to feel "stoned" or ramp up any s/x. Thanks so much!

Sober my suggestion would be the same as I mentioned in the last post,  trying the highest possible ratio of a cannabis product that's primarily cbd with minimal thc to see how it affects you. I believe in trying the very lowest amount possible to start.  :thumbsup:

Saga23 thxs, I found a few  cbd with terpenes  which are the ones  for sleep ... I will see how it goes I have to order them...  In the meanwhile dealing with  insomnia...lol

I just started tapering  a few months ago, is this advisable  I have gone through different changes but I think taking a psychiatric drug is worst ... so I thought  cannabis can be a better choice...

I'm sorry Bonty I really can't speak to whether this is advisable or not, it's a very personal choice to use cannabis either while tapering or post taper. Best of luck whatever you decide.

[b5...]
Someone asked where we see the most delta-8 THC (d8) in flowers.  I'd never really looked.  Most d8 interest is in distillates, but we've been testing for d8 in all samples for a few months now, so we're beginning to get some data on d8 content in flowers.  It's never very abundant - usually well under 0.1% even in strains with d9 over 20%.  Amazingly (to me), I see the highest d8 in high CBD strains such as Cannatonic.  It's got 3-4 times more d8 than the high THC strains.  Still not much d8 in there, however.  I don't think d8 is going to be much of a player in the flower world. 

Someone asked where we see the most delta-8 THC (d8) in flowers.  I'd never really looked.  Most d8 interest is in distillates, but we've been testing for d8 in all samples for a few months now, so we're beginning to get some data on d8 content in flowers.  It's never very abundant - usually well under 0.1% even in strains with d9 over 20%.  Amazingly (to me), I see the highest d8 in high CBD strains such as Cannatonic.  It's got 3-4 times more d8 than the high THC strains.  Still not much d8 in there, however.  I don't think d8 is going to be much of a player in the flower world.

i just started taper  3 months ago, and my sleep i so bad  it's disturbing finding hard to function  in the morning hours... had insomnia  before taking klonopin because or ssri wd

anyway can't get THC for the moment... Do terpenes work , I heard gorilla glue and Jack Herer  are good any advice? thxs  ::)

[b5...]

i just started taper  3 months ago, and my sleep i so bad  it's disturbing finding hard to function  in the morning hours... had insomnia  before taking klonopin because or ssri wd

anyway can't get THC for the moment... Do terpenes work , I heard gorilla glue and Jack Herer  are good any advice? thxs  ::)

I think there's good evidence that terpenes influence the overall experience.  There is some data as well as anecdotal evidence suggesting that some combinations of terps are more relaxing while some are more invigorating.  I think people should pay attention to the terpene profile (as well as the cannabinoids) in the products that they use.  If you find something that works for you, you want to know what's in it.  So ask to look at the Certificate of Analysis.  If you don't understand something on the form, ask about it.  The Jack Herer that I've tested is high in Myrcene which can be calming.  The Gorilla Glue I usually see is really high in Caryophyllene.  So two very different terpenes profiles.  See how they affect you.

I think there's good evidence that terpenes influence the overall experience.  There is some data as well as anecdotal evidence suggesting that some combinations of terps are more relaxing while some are more invigorating.  I think people should pay attention to the terpene profile (as well as the cannabinoids) in the products that they use.  If you find something that works for you, you want to know what's in it.  So ask to look at the Certificate of Analysis.  If you don't understand something on the form, ask about it.  The Jack Herer that I've tested is high in Myrcene which can be calming.  The Gorilla Glue I usually see is really high in Caryophyllene.  So two very different terpenes profiles.  See how they affect you.

Thank you! I also heard hemp tea works well for sleep... what if I would get mycrene  isolate and add it to cbd oil with CBG, I heard good things of  CBG  I appreciate your help, Bonty