Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Bonty, if it were me I’d be more inclined to wait for the cbd strain to use first if you're concerned about feeling off. Far more likely to feel off with Critical Mass rather than the cbd in my opinion.  If smoking is your only option rather than vaping that’s also something to consider, smoking is much harder to control all the way around which is why I much prefer using vape cartridges. Far better dosage control and a lot less waste but if that’s the only option you have then I’d start very very cautiously no matter what strain you try to minimize negative effects.

I finally got my hands on an extremely high cbd strain called The Wife, irresistible name isn’t it? It’s the first super high cbd strain I’ve seen in this area, the ratio is a whopping 24:1 and less than 1 % thc. This has been a great strain for pain inflammation as well as anxiety and mood. If anyone is looking for a high cbd strain I highly recommend this one. I personally need more thc overall but I am also a huge fan of cbd strains to balance psychoactivity. I mostly use sativa dominant strains during the day and this one works wonderfully to help me maintain balance.

:smitten:

Thank you for your replay, yes I will wait for the order of cbd... I guess I could  get a vape for the weed ? I hope I can get a budget one... the cbd I can also vape also...

you meant vaping in general  or in oil form?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve tried Critical Mass while still sensitive / tapering. It didn’t mess me up, but I did feel off. I can only really tolerate strains with almost no THC. I’ve actually felt DR from a strain with a ration around 1:2 (the 1 being THC). I thought it was impossible to have the paranoid affects below 1:1, but for me I need basically no THC.

So I suppose you prefer CBD, has it helped  you?

I’ve tried Critical Mass while still sensitive / tapering. It didn’t mess me up, but I did feel off. I can only really tolerate strains with almost no THC. I’ve actually felt DR from a strain with a ration around 1:2 (the 1 being THC). I thought it was impossible to have the paranoid affects below 1:1, but for me I need basically no THC.

I think so. It’s hard to explain because I’ve been on a long hold due to a variety of life circumstances and a bit of anxiety about finishing my taper. I’m at 2mg of Valium. I have waves, but then I have large chunks of time completely free of symptoms. I feel like CBD helps with that stability, but only if I use it consistently.

If I was in a major wave and took some without previously taking it it wouldn’t knock down the symptoms. That’s the part that throws me a little bit. But after a couple of days I even out again. And I think that’s how it works for me.

Take my experience with a grain of salt. I don’t know if CBD should be more immediately effective or if it’s supposed to work after a few days of use.

I made an Indica Cannabis tincture for my muscle problems and titrated up to almost 40 drops and it didn't do anything except relax me and felt a bit stoned, i also vaped a high CBD no THC strain Cannatonic and it also did nothing for my muscles. I think Cannabis has been hyped.

Anyone know why this didnt work for me? I did a 1:1 tincture and vaped a high CBD strain and it did nothing to relax my tight muscles.

Was waiting to hear your feedback, Scooby, am very disappointed for you that you haven't seen good results.  Yet.  I'll wait for the more experienced to maybe offer you some other strain recommendations.

I'm curious, though, regarding how it feels for you when stoned.  Do you find it totally amplifies the pulling/squeezing sensations, making you vividly aware of tension in places that weren't otherwise so obvious?  That was my experience with it.  I don't use it because of the way it intensifies my pulsating sensations, it makes for a truly unbearable few hours.

Bonty, if it were me I’d be more inclined to wait for the cbd strain to use first if you're concerned about feeling off. Far more likely to feel off with Critical Mass rather than the cbd in my opinion.  If smoking is your only option rather than vaping that’s also something to consider, smoking is much harder to control all the way around which is why I much prefer using vape cartridges. Far better dosage control and a lot less waste but if that’s the only option you have then I’d start very very cautiously no matter what strain you try to minimize negative effects.

I finally got my hands on an extremely high cbd strain called The Wife, irresistible name isn’t it? It’s the first super high cbd strain I’ve seen in this area, the ratio is a whopping 24:1 and less than 1 % thc. This has been a great strain for pain inflammation as well as anxiety and mood. If anyone is looking for a high cbd strain I highly recommend this one. I personally need more thc overall but I am also a huge fan of cbd strains to balance psychoactivity. I mostly use sativa dominant strains during the day and this one works wonderfully to help me maintain balance.

Thank you for your replay, yes I will wait for the order of cbd... I guess I could  get a vape for the weed ? I hope I can get a budget one... the cbd I can also vape also...

Bonty, I do feel a little guilty if I’m jumping in and confusing you even more, not my intention at all! I’m painfully aware of how daunting it can be to start using cannabis and I’m also equally painfully aware of just how prohibitively expensive it is all the way around to even afford experimentation. I was simply trying to point out that with flower available you may want to consider smoking can be more potent especially if you’re concerned about feeling off, that’s all, and to give you another option you may not have considered. Honestly for someone starting out I personally feel vaping is the best way to go about it. That’s why yes I really do like the ease of oil vape cartridges but here is a simple vape pen designed for flower.

https://vapevetstore.com/products/atmos-rx-dry-herb-and-wax-vape-pen-with-3x-glass-filter-screens

A tutorial on how to use a dry herb pen.

Not much initial investment for a vape pen using it with the idea of an easier ability to determine how much product you’re using since they hold tiny amounts by design. Also far less waste due to no burning unused product. All of that is a financial factor for me as well.

I am still incredibly sensitive to cannabis which is the why I’m spending so much time on this subject. I set myself up in a very deliberate controlled way to learn what works for me and what doesn’t work for me and I’m happy I did it this way but it took a great deal of patience.  I’m a far more confident cannabis user after my experimenting. I did the same when I began using tinctures capsules and oil infusions. I feel strongly about getting the best possible start and avoiding any potential problems from the beginning. Too many people use too much that results in a horrible experience and then will never ever consider using cannabis again which is unfortunate. I’d like to help people avoid that if at all possible.

Just a few thoughts and obviously of course you can smoke the flower if vaping seems too daunting or is too much of an investment. Wishing you luck!

I think so. It’s hard to explain because I’ve been on a long hold due to a variety of life circumstances and a bit of anxiety about finishing my taper. I’m at 2mg of Valium. I have waves, but then I have large chunks of time completely free of symptoms. I feel like CBD helps with that stability, but only if I use it consistently.

If I was in a major wave and took some without previously taking it it wouldn’t knock down the symptoms. That’s the part that throws me a little bit. But after a couple of days I even out again. And I think that’s how it works for me.

Take my experience with a grain of salt. I don’t know if CBD should be more immediately effective or if it’s supposed to work after a few days of use.

Steve so very interesting you see the benefits only after dosing for a few days....the good news is it is working!  Maybe it’s the way I find the same accumulative effects as the day progresses but truthfully there are many times I’m equally as confused by the day to day workings of cannabis. It can be tricky and confusing at times. What I look at is the overall picture and from what you’ve said it seems like the cbd is working well using the way you are as needed.

I made an Indica Cannabis tincture for my muscle problems and titrated up to almost 40 drops and it didn't do anything except relax me and felt a bit stoned, i also vaped a high CBD no THC strain Cannatonic and it also did nothing for my muscles. I think Cannabis has been hyped.

Anyone know why this didnt work for me? I did a 1:1 tincture and vaped a high CBD strain and it did nothing to relax my tight muscles.

I echo the disappointment Scooby. Have you tried combining methods using both the tincture and the vape together? I think that would be my next try, and when you can maybe try out a higher ratio thc product. I’d also try continuing to titrate up with the tincture since you have it. I’m guessing you don’t have an idea of what mg dosage equals 40 drops. Depending on the strength that may not at all be a large mg dosage. Have you used it consistently as soon as or before it wears off dosing several times a day to see if you experience a cumulative effect?

I have to think back and it’s a bit cloudy for me memory wise but I don’t believe I found a huge amount of muscle relaxation in my body until I consistently used cannabis for several months.  It did feel cumulative for me. Admittedly my head muscles are the least helped by cannabis unfortunately my most needed area of relief and I wish I had the answer as to why I can feel muscle relaxation everywhere else except in those hideously stubborn head muscles. They do eventually soften thankfully but it’s always taken a combination of methods for me to feel that softening. abcd made a good point and it’s something we’ve chatted about often,  and that is the ability for cannabis to accentuate sxs. At times I feel uncomfortable accenting rather than softening and this is one of those inexplicable things about cannabis I’ve noticed but overall the level of relief of my head is worth it to me for quality of life alone.  I generally need an overall higher mg dosage to achieve that softening so I allow myself that extra level of comfort whenever I can. Some things for you to consider Scooby but please don’t be too discouraged yet, ok?

Actually, medical marijuana has done wonders for my anxiety. I only take it once a week but when I do it really lifts up all my stupid concerns and mellows me out for the rest of the week.  Also I've noticed I'm extremely productive when im taking it. Just received my medical marijuana card, if you want more info on this, check out https://www.ncsm.nl/english/business-law/medical-marijuana-card . Quite informative!

Here's an update on my careful experimentation with tinctures.  The cbd/thc 5:1 tincture was very mild, and may have had a placebo effect.  I've gone on to a 1:1 tincture, made by Green Revolution, and it seems to relax me and reduce the pain (severe osteoarthritis of the shoulder, now officially diagnosed), with only a very mild high for a few hours. But I don't like my mind to be numbed too much, one reason I've never used pot in the past, so this is fine for now. 

I may experiment with higher thc content in the future.  It's still weird to be able to walk into a local cannabis store and buy whatever I want, though it's been legal here since 2012.

:laugh:

Ok so last night I smoked a little bit of an organic Indica strain marijuana since I am experimenting with cbd and marijuana... I’ve been having muscle stiffness and joint pain, I wanted to know how this organic indica will work for me since In the past I’ve had bad reactions...

It relaxed me BUT I felt like the stifness got worse.... I’ being honest here, I know it supposed to relax but I think it did the opposite for me.

Right now I bought a cbd pomade for my joints and it seemed to work.

Do you know the exact dosage of tincture you took? It can be difficult to try and guess what isn't working without knowing.

If you take too much CBD, you can mute the effects of THC. I'd consider taking less CBD and more THC. I'd also consider trying a THC or THC/CBD topical you can apply directly to the affected areas. Taking a tincture gives you more of an overall rather than targeted effect.

CBD is considered a health and wellness supplement, so I don't expect much more from it than I get from the L-theanine, ashwaganda, melatonin and other supplements I take. It's a 'try it and see' kind of thing, and doesn't always produce noticeable or 'good enough' benefits to justify spending more money on it. I've been taking it regularly for about 5 years and honestly, I can't really tell you if it helps me, but I think it does, as much as those other things help me. I continue taking it because I know it's good for me and get a nice discount on it, being in the industry. It's not the amazing medicine that THC is for me.

What I do know for certain is THC has been helping me in multiple ways for over 26 years, physically, psychologically and spiritually. It might not pinpoint specific pain and ease it all the time, but it never fails to distract me and ease my mind and help me push through anything I may be experiencing, like so many of the symptoms I've had during this journey. One thing I think I have going for me is I've been smoking the same medicine, grown by the same people, for almost 5 years. I know exactly what I'm getting all the time.

Another consideration is there aren't just Sativa and Indica designations for strains, there are terpenes, or essential oils of the cannabis plant, to consider as well. They can influence the effects even more so than something just being labeled Sativa/Indica.

:) :) :)

[57...]

For me, THC doesn't seem to directly relax my muscles very much.  It's more like it makes it easier for me to relax my mind and in so doing I can relax my body/muscles. 

Bonty, I do feel a little guilty if I’m jumping in and confusing you even more, not my intention at all! I’m painfully aware of how daunting it can be to start using cannabis and I’m also equally painfully aware of just how prohibitively expensive it is all the way around to even afford experimentation. I was simply trying to point out that with flower available you may want to consider smoking can be more potent especially if you’re concerned about feeling off, that’s all, and to give you another option you may not have considered. Honestly for someone starting out I personally feel vaping is the best way to go about it. That’s why yes I really do like the ease of oil vape cartridges but here is a simple vape pen designed for flower.

https://vapevetstore.com/products/atmos-rx-dry-herb-and-wax-vape-pen-with-3x-glass-filter-screens

A tutorial on how to use a dry herb pen.

Not much initial investment for a vape pen using it with the idea of an easier ability to determine how much product you’re using since they hold tiny amounts by design. Also far less waste due to no burning unused product. All of that is a financial factor for me as well.

I am still incredibly sensitive to cannabis which is the why I’m spending so much time on this subject. I set myself up in a very deliberate controlled way to learn what works for me and what doesn’t work for me and I’m happy I did it this way but it took a great deal of patience.  I’m a far more confident cannabis user after my experimenting. I did the same when I began using tinctures capsules and oil infusions. I feel strongly about getting the best possible start and avoiding any potential problems from the beginning. Too many people use too much that results in a horrible experience and then will never ever consider using cannabis again which is unfortunate. I’d like to help people avoid that if at all possible.

Just a few thoughts and obviously of course you can smoke the flower if vaping seems too daunting or is too much of an investment. Wishing you luck!

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and care, Yes it is definitely daunting  as it is also a  psychoactive substance and  we are so sensitive  at this point... I did order the cbd  I don't live in the US so will take  a few more days, I also have terpenes to mix  and  will consider doing an indica tincture maybe further on... I understand you need alcohol to  make it ?  I'm sensitive to it  I will have to see.... I would like  it to work for sleep that is unbelievably bad :'( I thought I could vape terpenes with  mct oil and cbd

will see how I can take advantage of everything

good luck to you too  :smitten:

Does CBN cause you to get high? I’ve typically not tolerated THC well. I don’t like how it feels to get high. It feels like derealization (or *is* derealization) to me.

I live in a legal state with access to CBN patches and I’m wondering if those would be better for sleep than high CBD, low THC flower.

For those who take CBD: Will you share with me what kind you take? You can dm me. Need a quality CBD with certificate of analysis. Tia.

Hi I’m a thc causes anxiety & paranoia person. Do you have any CBD brands/names etc that have helped you taper off benzos without causing this. I also suffer severe treatment resistant depression depression. Thanks, Scaredie

Which strain is recommended to treat anxiety? High or low THC?

I'm going to the coffeeshop next week. weed is readily available where i live but never tried it in my life.

This is a segment by Dr. Sunil Aggarwal PhD. MD. Pain and Palliative Care Specialist and Cannabis Researcher talking about cannabis research and general musings. 

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/Syw7A/6/Te/VGb/6htKe8/66dArgBHW7/P/P/Jy

Nice guy. He’s a facebook friend.

It’s my first time listening to him, he’s a very compelling speaker. This is a link I’d consider sending to friends and family in way of explaining why I’m a medical cannabis patient.  :thumbsup:

[36...]

This is a segment by Dr. Sunil Aggarwal PhD. MD. Pain and Palliative Care Specialist and Cannabis Researcher talking about cannabis research and general musings. 

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/Syw7A/6/Te/VGb/6htKe8/66dArgBHW7/P/P/Jy

Nice guy. He’s a facebook friend.

It’s my first time listening to him, he’s a very compelling speaker. This is a link I’d consider sending to friends and family in way of explaining why I’m a medical cannabis patient.  :thumbsup:

Yeah!!! 😊

Do you know the exact dosage of tincture you took? It can be difficult to try and guess what isn't working without knowing.

If you take too much CBD, you can mute the effects of THC. I'd consider taking less CBD and more THC. I'd also consider trying a THC or THC/CBD topical you can apply directly to the affected areas. Taking a tincture gives you more of an overall rather than targeted effect.

CBD is considered a health and wellness supplement, so I don't expect much more from it than I get from the L-theanine, ashwaganda, melatonin and other supplements I take. It's a 'try it and see' kind of thing, and doesn't always produce noticeable or 'good enough' benefits to justify spending more money on it. I've been taking it regularly for about 5 years and honestly, I can't really tell you if it helps me, but I think it does, as much as those other things help me. I continue taking it because I know it's good for me and get a nice discount on it, being in the industry. It's not the amazing medicine that THC is for me.

What I do know for certain is THC has been helping me in multiple ways for over 26 years, physically, psychologically and spiritually. It might not pinpoint specific pain and ease it all the time, but it never fails to distract me and ease my mind and help me push through anything I may be experiencing, like so many of the symptoms I've had during this journey. One thing I think I have going for me is I've been smoking the same medicine, grown by the same people, for almost 5 years. I know exactly what I'm getting all the time.

Another consideration is there aren't just Sativa and Indica designations for strains, there are terpenes, or essential oils of the cannabis plant, to consider as well. They can influence the effects even more so than something just being labeled Sativa/Indica.

:) :) :)

Since my problem is a central nervous system problem a topical will do nothing. This will have to be taken internally so it works on the cannabinoid receptors. I paid attention to terpenes and the Cannabis 1:1 is half THC half CBD, this is most effective than THC or CBD alone. It doesn't work for my spasticity. I even Vaped a 1:1.

For me, THC doesn't seem to directly relax my muscles very much.  It's more like it makes it easier for me to relax my mind and in so doing I can relax my body/muscles.

I'v read studies Cannabis helps release the muscle spasms of MS patients, and if it helps them it should help me too and it doesn't. I had hope but it doesn't work.

Was waiting to hear your feedback, Scooby, am very disappointed for you that you haven't seen good results.  Yet.  I'll wait for the more experienced to maybe offer you some other strain recommendations.

I'm curious, though, regarding how it feels for you when stoned.  Do you find it totally amplifies the pulling/squeezing sensations, making you vividly aware of tension in places that weren't otherwise so obvious?  That was my experience with it.  I don't use it because of the way it intensifies my pulsating sensations, it makes for a truly unbearable few hours.

It just feels like your intoxicated like you've drank to many beers but its not a bad feeling. It doesn't amplify symptoms, it just doesn't release the tension to my muscles. It's sad because i thought it would work and Cannabis is an amazing plant than does so much. I'll experiment with different strains and see what works.