Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried medical marijuana while I was still on klonopin, as my medications were not controlling CPTSD flashbacks and related anxiety. I had only been trying it for roughly 2 months.

My pdoc discovered I had a card, I assume through the new prescription database -- not sure if that is nationwide or just state-by-state law. He then said that he could no longer prescribe me klonopin.  After I tried to c/t, he then instructed me to do a 2-wk taper, but said I could do a 3-wk taper, if necessary.  Now, I am in the torturous state I am in with basically no recourse.  Pdoc says that my symptoms are not due to benzo damage/ w/d. 

The only options I was offered was to go back on the klonopin after I was forced to clear a urine test to show that I was no longer taking marijuana (which I did) or take my choice of buspirone or gabapentin.  I tried the buspirone, as after then finally knowing the true dangers of benzodiazepines I did not ever want to take one again, and I also knew gabapentin also affects gaba and gaba receptors.  I tried the buspirone with no relief, and the pdoc increased the dosage to the point that I am fairly certain that it interacted with the antidepressant I was taking, as I was exhibiting symptoms of serotonin syndrome. 

I have since discontinued all medications, aside from hydroxyzine, which the pdoc offered to help with the withdrawals after I did not want to go back on klonopin and sumatriptan PRN for migraine headaches (sumatriptin is NOT a narcotic -- it is a vasoconstrictor and works on serotonin receptors, which is another reason I can no longer take SSRIs, given the compromised state of my nervous system from the benzodiazepine damage).

Anyone else have a pdoc behave in this manner toward you regarding medical marijuana?

[f9...]

I tried medical marijuana while I was still on klonopin, as my medications were not controlling CPTSD flashbacks and related anxiety. I had only been trying it for roughly 2 months.

My pdoc discovered I had a card, I assume through the new prescription database -- not sure if that is nationwide or just state-by-state law. He then said that he could no longer prescribe me klonopin.  After I tried to c/t, he then instructed me to do a 2-wk taper, but said I could do a 3-wk taper, if necessary.  Now, I am in the torturous state I am in with basically no recourse.  Pdoc says that my symptoms are not due to benzo damage/ w/d. 

The only options I was offered was to go back on the klonopin after I was forced to clear a urine test to show that I was no longer taking marijuana (which I did) or take my choice of buspirone or gabapentin.  I tried the buspirone, as after then finally knowing the true dangers of benzodiazepines I did not ever want to take one again, and I also knew gabapentin also affects gaba and gaba receptors.  I tried the buspirone with no relief, and the pdoc increased the dosage to the point that I am fairly certain that it interacted with the antidepressant I was taking, as I was exhibiting symptoms of serotonin syndrome. 

I have since discontinued all medications, aside from hydroxyzine, which the pdoc offered to help with the withdrawals after I did not want to go back on klonopin and sumatriptan PRN for migraine headaches (sumatriptin is NOT a narcotic -- it is a vasoconstrictor and works on serotonin receptors, which is another reason I can no longer take SSRIs, given the compromised state of my nervous system from the benzodiazepine damage).

Anyone else have a pdoc behave in this manner toward you regarding medical marijuana?

Holy crap! I’m so sorry! That’s awful!  🤬 My last psychiatrist lost his medical license (he’s the one who filled out the paperwork for my card) and then the prescribing psychologist who as supportive of cannabis also. Wow.

Holy crap! I’m so sorry! That’s awful!  🤬 My last psychiatrist lost his medical license (he’s the one who filled out the paperwork for my card) and then the prescribing psychologist who as supportive of cannabis also. Wow.

Yeah, my medical providers do not seem at all supportive of medical marijuana.  From what I can gather with my pdoc, this has all been a liability issue and I have been caught in the grips of it -- he even said, and I quote, ¨The state approves this and then we are liable.¨

I have been walking around since then feeling so ashamed and that I am merely being treated as though I am a drug addict now.  I did not try the medical cannabis for fun....I was having serious and severe symptoms that I was attempting to control, and the medications I was prescribed were not controlling them. I feel very trapped and helpless.  If my next appointment with my pdoc does not go well, I am going to need to seek out better medical care to get the help I need right now, and I am not talking about medical cannabis, necessarily -- but, instead, help in dealing with the predicament I have been put in after discontinuing the clonazepam. 

Thanks for chiming in, NM. <3

NM, did your providers lose their licenses because of approving medical cannabis cards?

[f9...]

Yeah, my medical providers do not seem at all supportive of medical marijuana.  From what I can gather with my pdoc, this has all been a liability issue and I have been caught in the grips of it -- he even said, and I quote, ¨The state approves this and then we are liable.¨

I have been walking around since then feeling so ashamed and that I am merely being treated as though I am a drug addict now.  I did not try the medical cannabis for fun....I was having serious and severe symptoms that I was attempting to control, and the medications I was prescribed were not controlling them. I feel very trapped and helpless.  If my next appointment with my pdoc does not go well, I am going to need to seek out better medical care to get the help I need right now, and I am not talking about medical cannabis, necessarily -- but, instead, help in dealing with the predicament I have been put in after discontinuing the clonazepam. 

It’s a damn shame that cannabis is still scheduled as it is on a Federal level, and that some people still view it as if it’s the same as shooting up heroin or something. You know, the way my parents once viewed it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hi any know  have tried  Terpenes I just got myrcene 10ml  and  gorilla glue 1ml to try

I understand I have to mix it with an oil carrier? they are also very potent ?

anyone with experience?

[f9...]

Hi any know  have tried  Terpenes I just got myrcene 10ml  and  gorilla glue 1ml to try

anyone with experience?

10 ml of GG? Is it in oil, or is it FECO? Is the GG decarbed?

[f9...]

Yeah. Sounds like a classic case of CYA on the parts of the medical “professionals.”

[f9...]

NM, did your providers lose their licenses because of approving medical cannabis cards?

No. His issues were prescribing dangerous combinations and copious quantities of lethal drugs. I think signing off on medical cannabis applications was the least of his problems, although I read that he signed some paperwork after his license was summarily suspended. Dumbass 🙄 Before I burned my records I asked for, I saw some dangerous combos he prescribed to me.

Hey purpleheart18. This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I, however, have been using THC for 26 years and CBD for 5 years. I've had my MMJ card for 7 years. I've also worked in the cannabis industry for 5 years. I was truthful about it when I filled out my paperwork in 2012; they had it on file for years, but my Physician's Assistant never knew because...she never reviewed my file?!

In 2016, they changed their protocol, and a medical assistant asked me about alcohol and other drugs at the beginning of a visit; I was truthful, the P.A found out and freaked out. She acted like I'd been hiding it; I think she felt stupid about not knowing for years while prescribing me a benzo. Sorry; that's on you, lady.  :laugh:

She gave me 3 months worth and told me I could go to the mental health clinic to get my antidepressant from that point forward, basically excusing herself from seeing me again. The feeling was mutual and I let her have it a bit on my way out.

I decided to start tapering with the 90 pills I had the next morning. I took it as a personal challenge; I'd rather use cannabis than take pills anyway.

I did eventually go to the mental health clinic; they prescribed me gabapentin and asked if I needed help cutting back on my cannabis use... I told them to GET BENT and and jumped the next day, discontinuing my klonopin AND my wellbutrin. It wasn't helping anyway. I was INFURIATED they were trying to tell me what to do. It definitely fueled my will to taper and jump.  :tickedoff:

[f9...]

Hey purpleheart18. This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I, however, have been using THC for 26 years and CBD for 5 years. I've had my MMJ card for 7 years. I've also worked in the cannabis industry for 5 years. I was truthful about it when I filled out my paperwork in 2012; they had it on file for years, but my Physician's Assistant never knew because...she never reviewed my file?!

In 2016, they changed their protocol, and a medical assistant asked me about alcohol and other drugs at the beginning of a visit; I was truthful, the P.A found out and freaked out. She acted like I'd been hiding it; I think she felt stupid about not knowing for years while prescribing me a benzo. Sorry; that's on you, lady.  :laugh:

She gave me 3 months worth and told me I could go to the mental health clinic to get my antidepressant from that point forward, basically excusing herself from seeing me again. The feeling was mutual and I let her have it a bit on my way out.

I decided to start tapering with the 90 pills I had the next morning. I took it as a personal challenge; I'd rather use cannabis than take pills anyway.

I did eventually go to the mental health clinic; they prescribed me gabapentin and asked if I needed help cutting back on my cannabis use... I told them to GET BENT and and jumped the next day, discontinuing my klonopin AND my wellbutrin. It wasn't helping anyway. I was INFURIATED they were trying to tell me what to do. It definitely fueled my will to taper and jump.  :tickedoff:

GREAT story besides the stupid PA. HA! So glad for your success!

[32...]

anyone with experience?

I'd suggesting only a very small amount of the myrcene with the gorilla glue.  Usually myrcene composition in flowers is no greater than 1%, which would mean mixing 100 parts of Gorilla Glue oil to 1 part of myrcene.  Then you'd heat it a little and mix it up. 

I've tested some oils with as much as 5% myrcene blended in.  They smelled very floral (almost overpowering).  Probably don't want to start that high.

anyone with experience?

I'd suggesting only a very small amount of the myrcene with the gorilla glue.  Usually myrcene composition in flowers is no greater than 1%, which would mean mixing 100 parts of Gorilla Glue oil to 1 part of myrcene.  Then you'd heat it a little and mix it up. 

I've tested some oils with as much as 5% myrcene blended in.  They smelled very floral (almost overpowering).  Probably don't want to start that high.

Thxs! just need more clarifying... so here is my plan  15ml of olive oil with 1 drop of mycrene and 3 drops of GG  heat and how do I mix it... then take 3 drops of the solution in the evening hours what do you think? Is this to much? this is the first time using cannabis in my taper

In 2016, they changed their protocol, and a medical assistant asked me about alcohol and other drugs at the beginning of a visit; I was truthful, the P.A. found out and freaked out. She acted like I'd been hiding it; I think she felt stupid about not knowing for years while prescribing me a benzo. Sorry; that's on you, lady.  :laugh:

I did eventually go to the mental health clinic; they prescribed me gabapentin and asked if I needed help cutting back on my cannabis use... I told them to GET BENT and jumped the next day, discontinuing my klonopin AND my wellbutrin. It wasn't helping anyway. I was INFURIATED they were trying to tell me what to do. It definitely fueled my will to taper and jump.  :tickedoff:

Right? HA! Thanks! I'm so happy to be succeeding in spite of all the subpar care and terrible bedside manner. The psychiatrist who prescribed the gabapentin didn't even mention I'd have to wean off it too. ARGH! It's all a reduced fee clinic system rather than regular health care; they've always been a pain in the rear. I still have to go to that location to pick up my inhalers for asthma and just pray I don't see her in passing. I started kickboxing during my taper and am not sure if I can contain myself. Lol.  :D

[f9...]

In 2016, they changed their protocol, and a medical assistant asked me about alcohol and other drugs at the beginning of a visit; I was truthful, the P.A. found out and freaked out. She acted like I'd been hiding it; I think she felt stupid about not knowing for years while prescribing me a benzo. Sorry; that's on you, lady.  :laugh:

I did eventually go to the mental health clinic; they prescribed me gabapentin and asked if I needed help cutting back on my cannabis use... I told them to GET BENT and jumped the next day, discontinuing my klonopin AND my wellbutrin. It wasn't helping anyway. I was INFURIATED they were trying to tell me what to do. It definitely fueled my will to taper and jump.  :tickedoff:

Right? HA! Thanks! I'm so happy to be succeeding in spite of all the subpar care and terrible bedside manner. The psychiatrist who prescribed the gabapentin didn't even mention I'd have to wean off it too. ARGH! It's all a reduced fee clinic system rather than regular health care; they've always been a pain in the rear. I still have to go to that location to pick up my inhalers for asthma and just pray I don't see her in passing. I started kickboxing during my taper and am not sure if I can contain myself. Lol.  :D

I took Gabapentin from sometime in 1997 to 2003. Doc just had me stop it. I was taking Wellbutrin and Xanax also, and I didn’t notice any problems discontinuing it thankfully. Good luck!

This is apparently a replay episode from a few years ago, an outstanding interview with Dr. Dustin Sulak a renowned cannabis expert and someone I really enjoy listening to speak about cannabis. I somehow missed this interview when it originally aired, it's an hour long listen but I believe well worth the time for anyone considering using cannabis and current medical users as well.

Treating The Silent Killers : Depression Anxiety and Insomnia

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/dfHUw/6/qS/VGb/6fmLNv/9nn82ioZ/P/P/wK

:smitten:

What kind of calming does cbd cause? Like a benzo? Sedation? Slight calm? Ect.

And how long does it last?

Personally, I do not know.  I have heard from others that CBD can go either way -- I have heard of it hastening waves and I have also heard some say it has helped them mitigate symptoms after discontinuing and/or tapering a benzodiazepine.

What kind of calming does cbd cause? Like a benzo? Sedation? Slight calm? Ect.

And how long does it last?

Personally, I do not know.  I have heard from others that CBD can go either way -- I have heard of it hastening waves and I have also heard some say it has helped them mitigate symptoms after discontinuing and/or tapering a benzodiazepine.

I never noticed any calming effect from cbd but like purpleeart said everyone responds differently. IMO one needs a little thc to get the calming effects.

I haven't posted here but would LOVE to hear in the simplest way, what a safe way to start CBD/THC - what brand and what dose amount. I am in a state where I need to get a license but can also have a friend get me something in Cali and send it...I just get confused as to which oil will help with w/d - I know that it has to be THC/CBD. I spent way too much on CBD oil from hemp and it did nada either way.

Thanks.

I've been trying CBD off and on for the past 2 years. I think it's helped with nerve pain and I feel like I've been more stable the past couple of years.

Recently I had a bunch of work stress and my system got kind of overloaded and I'm in wave now. Insomnia, muscle pain, heightened anxiety, etc. At the height of my being overloaded with work I tried out Bacopa because I was having memory problems. What seems more likely to everyone here? Did the long term off and on use of CBD cause me trouble or did the Bacopa? The mini-wave started about a day after I started the Bacopa. I stopped yesterday and I'm hoping I normalize, but I'm just slightly worried that there's a chance the CBD / MMJ is also to blame.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

StephenDedalus

How long did you take the Bacopa for? Did it help with anything? I have only taken it here and there.

I don't know much about THC/CBD but would like to learn more - hopefully people will respond.