Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I’m having a terrible time with my taper

I just ordered Charlotte’s Web

Less than .3% THC or no THC that is my fearful question...

does anyone know if it’s safe for us to have the .3% THC

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about <.3% or 0% THC CBD. Can you clarify?

<.3% THC CBD products are usually full-spectrum (whole plant extract) and 0% THC CBD products are usually isolate (just CBD is extracted...no other cannabinoids). If you want to ensure there's no THC, you can buy CBD isolate products, rather than full-spectrum products.

I've been taking CBD and THC throughout this journey and have been just fine; it's my godsend in all this, really, BUT I'm a long-term regular THC (26 years) and CBD (4 years) user.

CBD is considered a wellness supplement, so in theory, it should be helpful rather than hurtful, it's just difficult to predict how it will affect each individual, especially during this time when our systems are healing and fragile.

I sell CBD where I work and help people get set up to take it for the first time. I'm not a medical professional; I have to gather information from my own and customer experiences. I think it helps take the edge off my anxiety, just like the ashwaganda supplement I take does. Your experience may differ.

I'd suggest trying 5-10mg 1-2 times a day for 2 weeks, then stop and see if it was providing any benefit. If it makes you feel noticeably worse, discontinue.

Thank you. My psych dr keeps wanting me to try it but she just says cbd oil and says she can’t recommend....like she’s not allowed to...how helpful of her. Does she have any idea how many are out there ?

I just am not sure if I should take cbd with no THC at all or if the .03% is so trace it will not cause a psychoactive effect. So I’ve been too scared to try it. I never did well with regular pot even as a teen.

Is Charlotte’s web a good brand?

I think Charlotte's Web is a good brand. I trust the company. They're local to me (Colorado). They have a consistent and quality product. They make all their CBD products with the hemp strain they grow, also named Charlotte's Web.

Their prices are fair and comparable; we sell them at the same price you can buy them at online. If you subscribe to their email list, they should send a coupon for 20% off your first order, last I heard.

Although the product has to be at or less than .3% THC to be sold, plenty of companies try and reduce the THC down to just a trace. I believe you have to email this company for them, but they should provide test results if requested. Then you can see exactly how much THC and CBD are in their products.  ;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

It seems there are quite a few knowledgeable people on here in regards to MMJ so i figured I’d reach out here with a question.

I have a high CBD, low THC tincture that I purchase at a dispensary over the summer. The tincture bottle states it expires within 30 days. I rarely used it and it’s not cheap. Does it truly expire or is it still good for a little while. I would say I purchased it around August.

I am traveling to Florida tomorrow and I always like to have some with me in case of an emergency. But I will throw it out if it is no longer good.

Thanks

Hmm. I make my own tinctures and have had bottles sitting around for six months. Unless I'm sadly mistaken (and I don't think I am) they sure didn't "expire". Seems an odd claim to me.  :idiot:

Katz

Hmm. I make my own tinctures and have had bottles sitting around for six months. Unless I'm sadly mistaken (and I don't think I am) they sure didn't "expire". Seems an odd claim to me.  :idiot:

Katz

Okay thanks! I googled and most pages I’ve found say they should be good for a year. I just wanted to make sure.

If anything, I’ve read that the thc may degrade into cbn which would be a good thing bc I usually use it for sleep since i have bad hypnic jerks and insomnia at night.

I've seriously never heard of tinctures expiring.  I know I heard recently though, that New Jersey requires expiration dates on everything, and that's why there are expiration dates on bottles of water. 

I've seriously never heard of tinctures expiring.  I know I heard recently though, that New Jersey requires expiration dates on everything, and that's why there are expiration dates on bottles of water.

I actually don't think NJ requires expiration dates on everything!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... found this group!    :)

Uh, doing terribly is it possible all things mj I can't take??

Am on low end of valium and so depressed.  But sleep my huge issue (always).  Took a little indica to sleep, but totally could not move today and worse than day before when ould hardly move but bit more focused.

In the past took like 2 drops of cbd (10:1 thc) felt not good on that.  And have outrageously epensive cbn I bought-- tried that few weeks back and felt bad.

Guess I need to get used to feeling bad!  But is hard as no support at all; have to manage on own.

;O  And has been 2 years accompllishing not much.

Some have suggested getting off valium to another benzo as could be I can't tolerate valium.  But at less than 3 mg going to klonopin kind of makes no sense (could take 1/4 or 1/8 see how it goes, tho).  People on ativan often say that less depressing than valium.  Sleep dr gave me rx of temazepam  a ways back .....never tried it but have it and it is less strong than valium.  But wish I knew what I was doing.Oh, one person said get rx for librium for everything, ditch the ambien.  Go high on libriumto cover it all.

Currently on ambien bit less than 10  and the valium, about 2.8. I realize my sig makes no sense-- run out of space so can't explain properly.

Maybe some new points of view here ;)

Thx

I have been taking CBD for 8 week’s now. and never really noticed any difference until after 6 week’s of taking it. I take approximately 43 mg 3 times per day of charlotte’s web brand full spectrum. and I have a vape mod. with KOi brand Isolate I vape throughout the day I am guessing around 30 mg. vaped per day of the Isolate.

I believe it is helping me some with my anxiety and depression, Also helps my insomnia.

I didn’t start seeing any changes until after week 6. And the relief is very small, hoping it improves with longer use.

I will be taking a pre employment drug test in January so I will post my results from that also, That seem’s to be a question lot’s of people ask online. And I have read that a positive test is very rare but it has happened before from CBD with 0.3 THC.

Hi again.  Read back a little (my brain very scattered) adn brand apparently means a lot.  The CBD I bought was CBDAlive  Plentiful drops.  It is 10:1  cbd to thc.  It also lists other components.

Any thoughts on this?  I may revisit it as doing poorly.

I am still on valium and ambien, not off... can't seem to get off.

My issues are insomnia and fatigue/depression and host of others: vibrations, anxiety, etc.

I take my meds at night.  Would this also be taken at night or spaced out?

Thanks.

Hi don,  it’s hard for me to remember when I was only using cbd hemp oil but I think it’s fair to say I had to wait a few weeks before finding a solid benefit. It didn’t provide nearly enough pain relief for me unfortunately which led to me getting my card . Maybe  cautiously experiment with a higher dosage amount to see if you get more relief at a high dosage? One thing I’ve learned and appreciate for sure is how differently we all react to any substance or medication.

Hi  Helpme , I took a quick peek at the Ontario Cannabis Store unsure where you are in Canada?

https://ocs.ca/collections/hybrid-cannabis-sativa-indica

Unfortunately I wasn’t surprised to see there were no CBN products either capsules or transdermal patches available. After nearly a year our dispensary has a phenomenal selection of products, however not one with significant amounts of CBN  I’m sad to say. I remember others having no luck in their search for high CBN strains. I use indica strains to help with insomnia but I’m still hoping to find CBN myself. The only company I’m aware of who makes CBN transdermal patches is Mary’s Medicinals and I’m not sure if they’re available in Canada.

Barbara I think the CBD ratio to thc in the product you mentioned would be a nice gentle way to try again. I hope it helps. So much in working with cannabis is trial and error.

:smitten:

hello

I am in Canada..I fear for my life from lack of sleep..do you know if Cbn patches are available here?

Honestly, a high thc indica strain should help with sleep. I have been using purple kush for several months ... didn't realize I needed to switch it up so now I am using OG Kush for the first time last night, it was wonderful. Got about 10 hours of sleep. I use a tincture I make with alcohol so don't smoke or vape and it does work very well. Yes, sleep is so important. Check out leafly for good strains for sleep.

Hi again.  Read back a little (my brain very scattered) adn brand apparently means a lot.  The CBD I bought was CBDAlive  Plentiful drops.  It is 10:1  cbd to thc.  It also lists other components.

Any thoughts on this?  I may revisit it as doing poorly.

I am still on valium and ambien, not off... can't seem to get off.

My issues are insomnia and fatigue/depression and host of others: vibrations, anxiety, etc.

I take my meds at night.  Would this also be taken at night or spaced out?

Thanks.

Barbara,

I think that a higher THC amount would help more with sleep. That has been my experience. I am using high THC tincture I make for sleep and it has been wonderful. I do take it at the same time as my meds at night and I haven't seen any issues. The last two nights I have slept about nine hours and it has been wonderful. I have even had dreams, although last night maybe too much dreaming. I know you are in California ... can they help you at the dispensaries. I know legal states have many more options than medical only ... Mary's Medicinals has CBN products good for sleep, maybe you can find them locally near where you live? Not available in NJ, just recreational states.

Thanks for the great thread Maybe it is just me but i have a lot of trouble understanding what I am buying from Mary's Medicnals site When you got to the capsules you are getting 5mg CBN which is great, but I ee no mention of how many you are getting for that price In regard to the patches you apparently get 1 for 10 bucks, and then mention if there is a discount with buting larger quanities. In general the on line CBD market seems to use a lot gimmicky names for products and very litle specific information that being said I am indeed glad to have any choices in this market

NJ,

dispensary has not been helpful.  I feel very lost.  And I am not thinking clearly at all-- I am in very extreme withdrawal.

If I don't find my way back to this board pls send me a message or something.  No idea how to make a tincture.

Maybe you know about cbn? 

If I could count on some sleep would be a lifesaver.  Meanwhile am stuck where I am and so nonfunctional.  I don't even know if benzos are the issue since mirtazapine threw me into this.

Still it has been 2 years of no mirtazapine (but I did CT, not knowing...)

thx

hello

I am in Canada..I fear for my life from lack of sleep..do you know if Cbn patches are available here?

Yes they are available

Hi Matt, Mary’s Medicinals products including CBN capsules and transdermal patches are not available to order online according to the following statements on their website.

Mary’s Medicinals products are not available for online purchase. They can be purchased through licensed dispensaries in states where medical or recreational cannabis is legal

Mary’s Medicinals products are not available for online purchase. They can be purchased through licensed dispensaries in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington

Just trying to lessen the confusion...although this may be even more confusing!

They do have an alternative site ( Mary’s Nutritionals) where hemp based products can be ordered,  however this does not include the CBN products many of us have been referencing much earlier in this thread which are strictly cannabis based and therefore not legally able to be shipped. I clicked on the capsules you referenced and was immediately redirected to the Nutritional site.  I see the 5 mg “Elite” capsules and the potency report confirms there is less than 0.1% of CBN...these are a hemp based CBD product. A bit pricey... $90 for 30 capsules. However they’re a reputable company so those might be worth a try. 

Hi Matt, Mary’s Medicinals products including CBN capsules and transdermal patches are not available to order online according to the following statements on their website.

Mary’s Medicinals products are not available for online purchase. They can be purchased through licensed dispensaries in states where medical or recreational cannabis is legal

Mary’s Medicinals products are not available for online purchase. They can be purchased through licensed dispensaries in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington

Just trying to lessen the confusion...although this may be even more confusing!

They do have an alternative site ( Mary’s Nutritionals) where hemp based products can be ordered,  however this does not include the CBN products many of us have been referencing much earlier in this thread which are strictly cannabis based and therefore not legally able to be shipped. I clicked on the capsules you referenced and was immediately redirected to the Nutritional site.  I see the 5 mg “Elite” capsules and the potency report confirms there is less than 0.1% of CBN...these are a hemp based CBD product. A bit pricey... $90 for 30 capsules. However they’re a reputable company so those might be worth a try. 

This is definitely true. Mary Medicinal's products with THC, which I was recommending to Barbara, are only available in certain states in US (I have no idea about Canada). I am really hoping NJ finally gets around to legalizing recreational use because what is available medically is pretty limited!

Barbara, I did PM you so hopefully you saw that.

I actually don't think NJ requires expiration dates on everything!!!

https://mentalfloss.com/article/22098/why-does-bottled-water-have-expiration-date

It's really a strange law. 

Hi... found this group!    :)

Uh, doing terribly is it possible all things mj I can't take??

Am on low end of valium and so depressed.  But sleep my huge issue (always).  Took a little indica to sleep, but totally could not move today and worse than day before when ould hardly move but bit more focused.

In the past took like 2 drops of cbd (10:1 thc) felt not good on that.  And have outrageously epensive cbn I bought-- tried that few weeks back and felt bad.

Guess I need to get used to feeling bad!  But is hard as no support at all; have to manage on own.

;O  And has been 2 years accompllishing not much.

Some have suggested getting off valium to another benzo as could be I can't tolerate valium.  But at less than 3 mg going to klonopin kind of makes no sense (could take 1/4 or 1/8 see how it goes, tho).  People on ativan often say that less depressing than valium.  Sleep dr gave me rx of temazepam  a ways back .....never tried it but have it and it is less strong than valium.  But wish I knew what I was doing.Oh, one person said get rx for librium for everything, ditch the ambien.  Go high on libriumto cover it all.

Currently on ambien bit less than 10  and the valium, about 2.8. I realize my sig makes no sense-- run out of space so can't explain properly.

Maybe some new points of view here ;)

Thx

Hi Barbara-

When you say you feel terrible the next day and you can hardly move, is this different than other days?  I'm just thinking that problems walking is often part of benzo withdrawal, and rarely caused by cannabis usage the night before, of course, everyone is different.  My main concern for anyone using or trying cannabis in benzo withdrawal, is the anxiety it can possibly cause, especially in the first hour of usage.  If you are not getting that, I would definitely keep trying something for sleep.

I have found my sleep much improved during benzo withdrawal due to cannabis.  During my taper, I actually found using a sativa blend with THC worked best for me.  I would smoke it and a feel pretty high and pretty good.  About two hours after I smoked it, I would get a little sleepy, and this was great.  I could fall asleep and stay asleep for 3-6 hours, even during terrible times in my taper where nothing else would help me sleep.  Sometimes when I woke up in the night, I would not stress, and just go and have some herbal tea, smoke some more, and then watch Netflix or do a sudoku until I fell asleep again. 

I personally hated the feeling of valium and yes, found it extremely depressing and it made me feel so slow.  It could be the valium making you feel so bad or one of the other drugs.  You do seem like you are almost done with your benzo taper, huh?  Down to 2.8mg of valium is quite an accomplishment. 

Mary,

Hi, thanks I did get your message. ;)

Greencup, the not being able to move is depression, not movement per se.  And incredible fatigue.  No sleep, vibrating, depression/ terror are my worst symptoms.  Also looking at screens i hard.  Moving screens are the worst--  can't use FB messenger as things pop up at you, you know?  (don't like FB anyhow, tho comes in handy)

Have to admit last night, after trying various mj stuff, took a bit more ambien and slept.  AHHHH.  Woke up groggy (from mj pretty sure)  but no horrible anxiety-- went out for a little bit.  Maybe can get off valium and keep the ambien?  But then getting off ambien would NEVER want to be put on valium... miserable stuff.

While I've gone down on valium, I regularly take the 10 mg amb which only lets me sleep 2 or 3 hours, tops now.  Maybe the depression, is valium and no sleep.  I will say looking over my notes last 2 years,  lyrica (not taking now) little bits seemed at night seemed to help. Suppose that a possibility.  MJ would be preferable to me, tho.  I don't trust pharmaceuticals.

I will have to note what mj bits I do have here see what you guys think.  Have bubba kush and King Louis and J-1, a few little bits.  The dispensary people just want to sell you stuff.  First thing I was directed to was a Cavicone... which did not use as someone told me it is to make you incredibly high.  Uh-- I don't want incredibly high!  Oh and Skywalker, which was HORRIBLE!

Am not a huge mj fan (well, or have not found right thing) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Yes, all legal here plus I have a card. 

I do know I have that 2 copies of that MTHFR chromosome which is corrupted, wonder  if that Maybe why valium is such a bust for me.

But at abt 3 mg... going back to clonopin would be tough to measure.  Which leaves really Librium or some such even weaker.  Dalmane?  Temazepam at least is for sleep... have some rx'ed to me I never even tried.

sigh.  Such an ordeal.

thx you all!

This is an excellent listen featuring John Easterling, founder and chairman of Amazon Herb Company. He talks about his decades long experience with cannabis. Especially of interest to me was his view on the latest trend in creating specific isolates versus the entourage effect. I’m not certain how long this link will remain active the site simply said a limited time.

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/x8EC3/s/LL/VGb/6fR11u/s7xnm2xuDn/P/P