Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Mary: did you cross over from all pills to all liquid? What brands and how was it symptoms wise? If you care to share with me.

Thinking of your knee and sending many healing thoughts to your knee and to you in general so you can walk 5000 steps and enjoy them. Rooting for you.

Mary: did you cross over from all pills to all liquid? What brands and how was it symptoms wise? If you care to share with me.

Thinking of your knee and sending many healing thoughts to your knee and to you in general so you can walk 5000 steps and enjoy them. Rooting for you.

I started with Teva pills then crossed to Roxann Liquid Diazapam.  I took my time and really didn't have anymore symptoms than I already was having.  I love the Liquid, it tastes horrible, but is so much easier.  ;)

Mary you mean you crossed over gradually? Dr suggests going straight to liquid when I'm down to 2mgs, but the change from Valium to Leo plus Kern is being pretty tough, so now I'm scared of another big change from Leo pills to liquid kern. No Roxanne here.

Mary you mean you crossed over gradually? Dr suggests going straight to liquid when I'm down to 2mgs, but the change from Valium to Leo plus Kern is being pretty tough, so now I'm scared of another big change from Leo pills to liquid kern. No Roxanne here.

Yes, not nearly as slow as when I crossed from Xanax to Diazapam, but still a few days for each dose.

Now I do know someone, a good friend did a straight cross and was fine. I am just afraid to do any changes quickly, except of course my last taper which I am still paying for  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Mary I'll take your word and when the time comes I'll start with half and half and move from there. What happened in your last taper. You were already on Roxanne so what happened then?

Mary I'll take your word and when the time comes I'll start with half and half and move from there. What happened in your last taper. You were already on Roxanne so what happened then?

I had been holding quite a while and thought I might get by tapering a larger amount  :crazy: :crazy:

So I tapered a half mg in 17 days.    Yes, yes, my brain does not always work well  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:    Most of my holds have been my fault,  :). But I guess that's true of most of us.  We just want to make some progress and so we talk ourselves into believing we can lower faster than we should  >:(

I'm so sorry that happened Mary. It's really not your fault. It works for some people and then we think "it could work for me". But no two brains are the same and some have gone through the mills over the years and are much more sensitized, so we need to keep it slow. I can totally understand the need to rush. It's only human to want to be off this crap a bit faster but our brain is the boss here, not our desires unfortunately 😢

Val,

Of all the hell I’ve been thru, changing generics is the worst. Brand in US would cost me $300 a month. If you haven’t experienced symptoms yet, I’m sure you are ok. If I knew the suffering I would go thru, I’d pay the 300. It’s cheap filler from India and China.

Val,

Of all the hell I’ve been thru, changing generics is the worst. Brand in US would cost me $300 a month. If you haven’t experienced symptoms yet, I’m sure you are ok. If I knew the suffering I would go thru, I’d pay the 300. It’s cheap filler from India and China.

Magnolis that's awful. I'm sorry. My change to generic has sucked but nothing like the crash last summer. That was due to tapering speed, Lexapro taper,  and running into Ashton manual according to which we can all come off at a rate of 1 mg a month. So I sped up. Needless to say I'm not a fan of that manual. This change to generic has been difficult but now hearing you I'm scared when it comes to changing to all liquid 😢

I just started my cross from 1.5mg of lorazepam (.5 3x per day) to .5mg of lorazepam 2x per day and 2.5mg Of Valium and .25 of lorazepam at night. The last two days I’ve woken up and noticed having mild headaches and had a quick episode of dizziness (about 5 seconds) last night.

Has anyone else experienced new issues like this when starting their cross over?

Hi LOSTRV727,

Yes, I had severe headaches/head pressure when I c/o from Klonopin and I know of many who had headaches from c/o from short acting benzo to long acting.  It's because of half lives.  You are going through a bit of Ativan w/d since it leaves your system faster and meanwhile, the Valium takes a good bit to build up.  That's why a step-wise c/o is so much better for many of us.  No guarantee that these things will leave you but I would guess so.  I was so afraid that the head pain wouldn't leave me and it was SO bad, but it did.  Thank goodness.

Hi Momof7. Nice to see you around. I remember how bad you used to feel. I'mglad you're better.

I'm really struggling with the change from valium to leo pills plus kern liquid (different brands in my country but basically two generics like yours). The change from valium to these two generics is being very tough for me. A lot of mental agitation, headache, dizziness, anxiety, you know... I switched on the 4th of June and feeling worse after three weeks, not better. Was this your experience? How long did it take you to adapt to the new brands?

Opinions wanted. Best brand of Valium in pill form. Highest quality associated with no cheap filler and fewer side effects. TY! :thumbsup:

Val,

Ugh, so sorry.  I experienced brand issues on Klonopin and know how terrible that can be.  I have only been using TEVA pills since I switched and then the liquid is the Westward (formerly Roxane) brand and I change out 1 mg at a time.  So far, I have not encountered issues at all with switching and if anything, maybe a little better from the liquid but I always get nervous about it.  I'm just gonna take a stab and say perhaps the liquid Valium here in the US may be more potent than the TEVA?  I don't know but I'll be switching out again at some point and I'll be nervous again.  I know that others, one buddy on here, got a liquid form of her same pills and she's in Britain and did not react well at all to it.  I hope that things settle for you soon.  I can't wait to be free from all this poison so I don't have to worry about this stuff anymore. 

Thank you Momof7. Then maybe our generics are worse, no idea. I was fine dry cuttin valium but my psycdoc got me into this. No way back I guess, or maybe there is but I'm scared of making things worse.

When you say you change out 1 mg at a time you mean you replace one mg of pill with 1 mg of liquid every month or so? When I get down to 2mg (if I ever), I'm supposed to switch from the 2 mg leo pill to the all liquid kern drops, but now I'm scared to do so. Maybe I'll dry cut the pill down to 1 mg and take the other mg in liquid. Good grief, this is like another job.

Yes, I replaced 1mg at a time.  At one point, I was on 2mg of liquid and 3 mg of pill (I think) - would have to check my records.

I'm sure you have thought of milk as an option.  I don't feel it's too late to back out if it's gone downhill.  When I tried homemade liquid with Klonopin, I gave it 4 days and I was sinking.  It was horrid for me. 

Yes, I replaced 1mg at a time.  At one point, I was on 2mg of liquid and 3 mg of pill (I think) - would have to check my records.

I'm sure you have thought of milk as an option.  I don't feel it's too late to back out if it's gone downhill.  When I tried homemade liquid with Klonopin, I gave it 4 days and I was sinking.  It was horrid for me.

Oh no no no I'm not doing all that liquid tritation thing. I'm incapable. I'll either adapt to the liquid or go back to dry cutting valium with a scale. OK I changed to this mix of generics 23 days ago so I guess if I went back to valium now it would mean another change to my brain and more trauma. I'll give it some time to see if I settle. I guess in the end the brain has to adapt. I haven't taken the diazepam away after all. I felt better yesterday than the day before, so I guess I'm starting to adapt to this mix?

All,

I have been having a rough patch and wanted to know from your experience how long it takes to stabilize when you hit a rough patch during your taper. I have the following symptoms: weird feeling in head, adrenaline rushes, nighttime panic attacks, and mild foggyness, like I am watching myself from afar. I am on day 9, holding at 3.5 mg. It took me 45 days doing a daily micro taper to get from 4 to 3.5, that is when I really started to feel it and decided to hold.

All,

I have been having a rough patch and wanted to know from your experience how long it takes to stabilize when you hit a rough patch during your taper. I have the following symptoms: weird feeling in head, adrenaline rushes, nighttime panic attacks, and mild foggyness, like I am watching myself from afar. I am on day 9, holding at 3.5 mg. It took me 45 days doing a daily micro taper to get from 4 to 3.5, that is when I really started to feel it and decided to hold.

Bella, I am sorry, but everyone reacts differently to holds.  I have one friend that can hold 2 or 3 months and then she is in good shape again,but then me and others have to hold much longer.  Lots of things come into play, the benzo, is that all you are taking, dosages, things like that.  So really no one can answer the question.  Let your body and symptoms guide you.  Good luck.  Mary 💘💜

Oh no no no I'm not doing all that liquid tritation thing. I'm incapable. I'll either adapt to the liquid or go back to dry cutting valium with a scale. OK I changed to this mix of generics 23 days ago so I guess if I went back to valium now it would mean another change to my brain and more trauma. I'll give it some time to see if I settle. I guess in the end the brain has to adapt. I haven't taken the diazepam away after all. I felt better yesterday than the day before, so I guess I'm starting to adapt to this mix?

A little bit of a different situation for me, but maybe it will help you. I switched from home brew made with pills to prescription liquid in 12 days. I had a lot of ups and downs for two months after that and then things have finally started to even out. I was tapering during this whole thing too, I think it would’ve been a smoother process if I had held my dose when I transitioned from one to the other.

Hi Bella,

Please understand that for some people, holds do not work at all and they can even get worse during a long hold.  Some people just never stabilize during a hold and just have to move forward, knowing that getting off is the only way they are going to heal. This is what makes it so maddening for so many of us - the unpredictability and the not knowing,etc.  I wish you all the best in whatever way you move forward.

Thank you kitsune! That's very encouraging.

Bella, FWIW, an updose and long hold saved my life. Especially the long hold. Maybe the 7 month hold would've been enough without the updose, but I'll never know.

Glad you are doing a lot better after all that, VNM!  I remember you struggling pretty hard as well.  I only got worse in a long hold.  Amazing what we have to go through in all this and it really just feels like walking in the dark, not knowing which way to turn, what's gonna help, etc.