Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Starting to experience metallic taste after 7 months CT

[st...]

Last month I started to experience this random bitter taste in my mouth thought it was GERD but sometime last week it has developed into this disturbing taste sensation almost as if I have put my tongue on a 9 volt battery . Or just a metallic taste. im also getting nerve pain in my throat and other cranial nerves on top of my other endless symptoms.

its been 7 months , i started dropping my gabapentin down 2 weeks ago i was wondering if this could be related . I only took it to ease benzo WD symptoms . I feel like I can’t fully heal while I’m on it . Im really scared and I feel like im going to die im 25 years old and wasn’t even on it long last year but the damage has been significant :( .

Is this just a bad wave ? I had a MRI done 2 months ago and everything was ok . I’m considering getting a new neurologist and doctor to start over because I can’t help but feel like something else is happening . I’m in rough shape . I’d appreciate any support . 

Edited by [st...]

[PE...]

Hi! I'm also 7 months off CT. Weird sensation.. it might be the gaba. Were you on a high dose of it?

A kick in the ass for sure!

[st...]
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hi! I'm also 7 months off CT. Weird sensation.. it might be the gaba. Were you on a high dose of it?

A kick in the ass for sure!

I was on 300mg from last November to this February then I dropped down to 200mg in march , and I’ve been attempting to get down to 100mg a day but there’s days I take an extra if my symptoms are bad . funny thing is I don’t know if the gabapentin even helps, because at this point it doesn’t make my symptoms any better. But whenever I drop or try to stop taking it it seems symptoms ramp up . 

Today metallic taste isn’t as bad ,  but it’s lingering there ever so slight. 

Edited by [st...]

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

I was on 300mg from last November to this February then I dropped down to 200mg in march , and I’ve been attempting to get down to 100mg a day but there’s days I take an extra if my symptoms are bad . funny thing is I don’t know if the gabapentin even helps, because at this point it doesn’t make my symptoms any better. But whenever I drop or try to stop taking it it seems symptoms ramp up . 

Today metallic taste isn’t as bad ,  but it’s lingering there ever so slight. 

I took gaba recreational a few times. It's very light compared to lyrica the big brother. I remember taking 900mg with no tolerance, so no wonder you don't feel much!

Don't higher the dose though I heard it has a really bad wd on It's own.

I belive it can help slightly with symptoms though.. 

Weird symptoms popping up and disappear seems like the norm..

[st...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I took gaba recreational a few times. It's very light compared to lyrica the big brother. I remember taking 900mg with no tolerance, so no wonder you don't feel much!

Don't higher the dose though I heard it has a really bad wd on It's own.

I belive it can help slightly with symptoms though.. 

Weird symptoms popping up and disappear seems like the norm..

I used to take it recreationally aswell back in the day like in 2019 every once in a while . Never had an issue but ofcourse this is before my body was sensitized . 

I suppose I’m just going to wait it out and see what happens… it’s so fucking disturbing though it’s like my brain doesn’t know how to chill on its electrical output . Going to church soon. 

[PE...]
3 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

I used to take it recreationally aswell back in the day like in 2019 every once in a while . Never had an issue but ofcourse this is before my body was sensitized . 

I suppose I’m just going to wait it out and see what happens… it’s so fucking disturbing though it’s like my brain doesn’t know how to chill on its electrical output . Going to church soon. 

Ok then you know the effect of the stuff.

Have a nice time in church :)