Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Dizziness question.

Hi, I didn't have this before, but for the past two months I feel terribly dizzy, accompanied by a headache and nausea. Is it glutamate damage or side effects of the Gabapentin? Does anyone have this symptom?

I was dizzy off and on in the beginning Val, but not in a long tine.  I think it was wd, it's been gone.

Hope yours doesn't stick around long.  It's such an uncomfortable feeling.  LY 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼

Thank you Mary, I hope it goes away too. It's engough to have all the other symptoms  :'(

Kitsune I'm around ovolutation now but it's much worse than last month. I'm not sure in my case it has a connection with ovulation. I really find there's a connection between this dizziness and the feeling we both have of a headache with a sensation of balloon being inflated inside our head, or as GP once's described it, as if there was a huge key being turned inside my brain. I feel there's a connection between this and the dizziness.

I think you’re right about the connection between the head pressure and the other symptoms. I had both last week when I was ovulating and now am feeling better. I hope you’re able to pinpoint what is causing your symptoms. My worst symptoms tend to follow my cycle, which I know is common for a lot of women, but it sounds like that isn’t the case for you.  :(

Kitsune, it could be the case for me too as now I think I'm ovulating so that would make sense out of why I'm having much more dizziness. But I don't remember being this bad last month although maybe I was, I remember having a couple days feeling terrible and then better. This dizziness is so incapacitating. Another symptom I have if such low stress tolerance. When something happens, like for instance the micrphone of my computer was not working now during a skype call, and I was just freking out inside like "ok this is just too much". It's true that for the past months I've had so many things going wrong that it might be a combination between bwd and too much stress.

Some months are better than others for me. I think maybe it has to do with fluctuating levels of hormones, beings they won’t be exactly the same each month. I have low stress tolerance too. My partner is out of town for work this whole week and I’m stuck managing our son and making sure he is “at school” (distance learning). Last week when he started school I was freaking out and exhausted trying to get him to focus. I get it. Life really doesn’t wait for us while we’re in BWD.

Hello BB family,

Is it possible to feel a valium cut (0.5mg) in only two days? 

Thanks tons, cheers

MP

Absolutely! I know people who feel cuts within 24 hours.

Hello BB family,

Thanks tons, cheers

MP

I agree with Kit. Especially a .5 mg cut

Hello BB family,

Thanks tons, cheers

MP

Monkey Pig, my buddy!!  That's alittle fast yes, but with benzo's I would never say never.  How are you ?    Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼. 😘😘. 😷😷

Hey Mary - long time no chat.

I'm going through what I believe is symptoms from my .5mg cut on monday, I feel terrible..sorry it couldn't be better news.  I thought .5mg from 11.5mg was a small drop but according to you and others it's not. I remember my cut from 12 to 11.5 and it was the same feelings, lasts for a few days so I should be out of the woods by the weekend.  I'm staying in the house today, too out of it to want to do anything.

I hope you're fine and dandy - chat when you can.

Hugs,

MP xoxo

:

I'm going through what I believe is symptoms from my .5mg cut on monday, I feel terrible..sorry it couldn't be better news.  I thought .5mg from 11.5mg was a small drop but according to you and others it's not. I remember my cut from 12 to 11.5 and it was the same feelings, lasts for a few days so I should be out of the woods by the weekend.  I'm staying in the house today, too out of it to want to do anything.

Hugs,

MP xoxo

:mybuddy: :mybuddy:

:

Hugs,

MP xoxo

Thanks girlfriend - the hugs are what I needed the most yesterday, feeling somewhat better today, got out of the house and visited grandson with my husband.  We also went to Ikea and even though i was still out of it it beats moping about the house.

Hope you're doing fabulous as always - cheers friend!

MP  xoxox

:

Hugs,

MP xoxo

Thanks girlfriend - the hugs are what I needed the most yesterday, feeling somewhat better today, got out of the house and visited grandson with my husband.  We also went to Ikea and even though i was still out of it it beats moping about the house.

Hope you're doing fabulous as always - cheers friend!

MP  xoxox

Oh, that's good to hear MP, I could tell you were having a rough day.  I love Ikea, I just don't need anything  :laugh: :laugh:  LY, always good to hear from you!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼. 🙏🙏. 😘😘. 😷

Glad you are feeling better!  Ikea is the best.  So....sorry about all of the questions.  When people say it's best to taper 5%-10% per month.  Is that based on the starting dose or the currrent dose.  For example:  5-10% from 20 mg is very different from 5-10 % at 12 MG.  But I noticed in the Ashton manual, they cut the same amount pretty much each month.  THanks so much for your support. 

Jwl, thanks so much!  I was wondering if the Ashton Manual is a little aggressive.  I also know that you are down to 1.  That's amazing.  You seem so very close. 

Hey TG, it's always based off your current dose.  And some people can follow Ashton's schedule, but honestly , I haven't meet many.  So start lower on % and stretch it out longer, if you do really well, you can always speed it up some, but if you go to fast and hit a wall, it will end up taking you longer than if you just start slower in the beginning.  Good luck!!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼

Thanks so much for the replies.  I think I'm going to take it a bit slower than the Ashton Manual states.  Are any of you microtapering?  Or are you doing smaller percentage cuts and holding. 

Thanks so much for the replies.  I think I'm going to take it a bit slower than the Ashton Manual states.  Are any of you microtapering?  Or are you doing smaller percentage cuts and holding.

Micro tapering, I am using Liquid Diazapam, makes it pretty easy, tastes terrible  :laugh: :laugh:

Damn benzo's  :D

Mary how are you making your Diaz liquid, I’m going to use a compound pharmacist but it’s about $70 for a couple months supply, and no alcohol involved.

I start my final cross over stages in a few weeks, ready to be off the Xanax completely, I’ll be at 19.5 Mg Valium and coming down from there.

Mary how are you making your Diaz liquid, I’m going to use a compound pharmacist but it’s about $70 for a couple months supply, and no alcohol involved.

I start my final cross over stages in a few weeks, ready to be off the Xanax completely, I’ll be at 19.5 Mg Valium and coming down from there.

Roxane West-Ward is a pharmaceutical company that manufactures prescription liquid diazepam for the US market. That’s what Mary has and what I use as well.

I just use 1 mg of the Diazapam add 9 mgs of water .  Mine is 27.00 .  Take your time when you start off, go slow and reduce slowly, if you do well , you can always speed up when you see how you do!

Good luck  :D.    🙋🏼🙋🏼

I just use 1 mg of the Diazapam add 9 mgs of water .  Mine is 27.00 .  Take your time when you start off, go slow and reduce slowly, if you do well , you can always speed up when you see how you do!

I'm interested to learn how you and Kit micro taper. I make a solution every day mixing 1 ml liquid D and 99 ml water and reduce accordingly. But you guys seem to mix a big batch and taper from it.

I'm interested to learn how you and Kit micro taper. I make a solution every day mixing 1 ml liquid D and 99 ml water and reduce accordingly. But you guys seem to mix a big batch and taper from it.

I could mix up a batch every day but that’s tedious so I don’t. I’m not sure exactly how Mary’s solution is set up, but the way I do it I just dilute the solution to get a 1:10 ratio (1 mg V per 10 ml water). So each batch I make will have 10 mg in it. I’m essentially using the same method to make the solution that you do, although yours is 1:100 concentration instead. You could still make up a slightly larger batch, say for a few days instead of everyday. Example: 3 mg liquid V and 297 ml water. Then you still have the 1:100 ratio solution. And if your dose is .97 mg (using this number because I don’t know your exact dose), then you would draw 97 ml and drink that. In your case, because you’re using a more dilute solution, I think my method would be more tedious because you’d need to draw up so much liquid with a 10 ml syringe. I don’t think you need to change your method, it ain’t broke don’t fix it! 😂

Unless something is going on, I do a daily  :);D

Did anyone's physical stamina and heat intolerance keep getting worse the lower you got in your taper?

I thought last summer when I was at 11 mg was bad, but it was nothing compared to this summer and I am down to 4.8 mg.  As you can see in my signature, I have been tapering fairly slowly from 15 mg...16 months to get to 4.8 mg.  I can go outside on a 78 degree day with zero % humidity and start sweating profusely with little physical exertion and have to come in and lay in front of a fan, because I am so out of breath and extremely fatigued.  I feel like I am having a heart attack, but I'm not. I can be walking around in an air conditioned grocery store and start sweating and feel exhausted.

I was hoping after tapering from 15 mg to under 5 that these sx would ease up a little.  Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did it get any better?  If it did get better, at what mg did you see an improvement?  Sometimes I wish I had tapered from the Ativan instead of c/o to Valium..I never had this debilitating exhaustion all the years I was on Ativan...I don't know. :-\ :-\

Thanks to everyone for all the help over the past year. :smitten: :smitten: