Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Nova, when I was tapering last year I switched from cut & hold to a daily dry microtaper (I powdered my Valium and put it in capsules), it was MUCH smoother than cut & hold. I found my symptoms improved significantly. I think starting off small will be a good way for you to test the waters.

Thanks so much for you reply kitsune :hug: What dose were you on doing C+h and how much were you cutting by per day using the Daily micro taper? Thanks

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I started my taper at 20 mg and pretty haphazardly started tapering, by the end of April 2019 I was down to 8 mg, so I dropped 60% in 5-ish months. At 8 mg I switched to the dry microtaper and cut 10%/10 days until I reached 1.8 mg at which point I started reducing by .02 mg daily until I got to .48 mg and jumped. I don’t recommend going as fast as I did. My previous taper was relatively easy until after I jumped. In comparison, I’ve dropped just over half my 4 mg dose in 6.5 months this time around and have unfortunately been more symptomatic.

0.2 ? sorry i can't think straight is that a bigger cut than what I plan to do daily 0.002?  I'm thinking it is looking at it due to where your decimal point is but I'm not sure Thanks

Hi

Noticed a support group for tinnitus.

Has anyone in this V group experienced it while tapering?

Started having an intermittent hum that is now fairly constant. Annoying.

Cheers

Nova, when I was tapering last year I switched from cut & hold to a daily dry microtaper (I powdered my Valium and put it in capsules), it was MUCH smoother than cut & hold. I found my symptoms improved significantly. I think starting off small will be a good way for you to test the waters.

Thanks so much for you reply kitsune :hug: What dose were you on doing C+h and how much were you cutting by per day using the Daily micro taper? Thanks

I started my taper at 20 mg and pretty haphazardly started tapering, by the end of April 2019 I was down to 8 mg, so I dropped 60% in 5-ish months. At 8 mg I switched to the dry microtaper and cut 10%/10 days until I reached 1.8 mg at which point I started reducing by .02 mg daily until I got to .48 mg and jumped. I don’t recommend going as fast as I did. My previous taper was relatively easy until after I jumped. In comparison, I’ve dropped just over half my 4 mg dose in 6.5 months this time around and have unfortunately been more symptomatic.

0.2 ? sorry i can't think straight is that a bigger cut than what I plan to do daily 0.002?  I'm thinking it is looking at it due to where your decimal point is but I'm not sure Thanks

.02 is an order of magnitude larger. I think your .002 will be cautious and likely serve you well.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi

Cheers

Hey blue

I am on Valium and have definitely had it, and I know many more of us.  So it is very common.  We all have different intensities.  😊😊

Hi

Cheers

Yes, I have tinnitus. It comes and goes, worst in my right ear. I think perhaps mine is not so bad as others because I would take it over withdrawal anxiety any day.  :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you both--Mary and Kit.

Mine is a lefty low hum. Suspected part of the process. It seems to be one of those deals most experience.

Been on the liquid V for over a week. Seems like it might be a bit lower in strength than stated--1 mg/1 ml. Because I appear to be having a tiny bit of wake up and daytime sx's. Though--could just be one of those waves. What a drug!

Cheers

Hi blue. I had it pretty badly during my taper. Definitely a hum. It's much better now. I anticipate it will be gone one of these days.  ???

Katz

.02 is an order of magnitude larger. I think your .002 will be cautious and likely serve you well.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks very much for you reply kitsune :hug: Its appreciated  :)

Hi group

Woke up this AM. The usual 5 to 6 hours of sleep.

I take, as have mentioned before, 4 mg V around 8:00 pm and a 50 mg trazodone around 9:00 pm. Have been experimenting with time in an attempt to have a bigger gap between the drugs. Maybe I need to take the V earlier in the evening. When I wake up I am unable to return to sleep and my mental activity kicks in. Wondered if the combo of V and trazadone taken within an hour of each other is the culprit.

So, this morning at 8:00 am decided to try a new approach and take 2 mg. Then 2 mg PM.

However, taking the 2 mg in morning made me feel no so good.

Has anyone had such an experience? 

Also, anyone taking trazadone at PM. If so what is your dosing schedule?

Thanks and cheers

PS--Also, thanks OregonKatz for your above reply.

Hi Blue. I think 5/6 hours is prefecly normal in wd. In fact we're lucky to get that amount of sleep. 8 hours of sleep is possibly a utopia when you're tapering or have already been destabilized by these drugs. Last summer I could only get between zero and two hours a night, so now I think I'm extremely lucky with 5/7 hours. I went with 4/6 hours for months. It's not ideal, but I believe we can live on 5/6. I hope you find what works for you. I play Thomas hall 8 hour sleep hypnosis on YouTube all night. It makes me feel so much better.

Hi Blue. I think 5/6 hours is prefecly normal in wd. In fact we're lucky to get that amount of sleep. 8 hours of sleep is possibly a utopia when you're tapering or have already been destabilized by these drugs. Last summer I could only get between zero and two hours a night, so now I think I'm extremely lucky with 5/7 hours. I went with 4/6 hours for months. It's not ideal, but I believe we can live on 5/6. I hope you find what works for you. I play Thomas hall 8 hour sleep hypnosis on YouTube all night. It makes me feel so much better.

Val

You got that right 8 hours would be---utopia.

I can empathize with you last year into summer it was zip hours and 2 hours once in a while. And still occasionally just 4 hours. I also listened to sleep tapes all night long. Oh yea--I remember the Thomas Hall audios too. Never ever experienced anything like it. Worse then CIA torture.

Yes, now I have a collection of guided meditations use before bed and during the day.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers

Hi Blue! You don't like Thomas?  :laugh: :laugh:

I can only sleep to Thomas hall. Which are your favorite 8 hour sleep hypnosis YouTube videos? Most of their voices get on my nerves so I stick to Thomas. Also, his affirmations are super simple and that relaxes me. Some of them have such complex affirmations that I have to start thinking about them and can't relax. As in "I accept that my dislike of others is ingrained by faulty perceptions that society has embedded into my brain through a lifetime of conditioning that benefitted an outer entity however now I embrace all humanity including my obnoxious neighbor". I obviously made that up, but some videos are nearly that messy.

I can only sleep to Thomas hall. Which are your favorite 8 hour sleep hypnosis YouTube videos? Most of their voices get on my nerves so I stick to Thomas. Also, his affirmations are super simple and that relaxes me. Some of them have such complex affirmations that I have to start thinking about them and can't relax. As in "I accept that my dislike of others is ingrained by faulty perceptions that society has embedded into my brain through a lifetime of conditioning that benefitted an outer entity however now I embrace all humanity including my obnoxious neighbor". I obviously made that up, but some videos are nearly that messy.

:laugh: :laugh:  I couldn't sleep to that either Vali  ;D

:laugh: :laugh:  I couldn't sleep to that either Vali  ;D

Trust me, it's impossible. But then you read the comments and some people love it, so I guess it's just me being an overthinker  :laugh:

Val

I was indicating loss of sleep as CIA torture. Poor sentence construction on my part. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I only listened to Thomas Hall last year. His audios are great and very popular. Think was the rainy ones. I agree the affirmation based audios are overboard/annoying and promote way too much thinking. These days I have a few shorter simple relaxation audios that I loop. Not wordy at all. Very very easy going.

Then I put on my nighttime eye mask to block light from next door and earplugs. Have a fan and a white noise machine which I can hear faintly and helps relax.

Cheers

Val

I was indicating loss of sleep as CIA torture. Poor sentence construction on my part. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I only listened to Thomas Hall last year. His audios are great and very popular. Think was the rainy ones. I agree the affirmation based audios are overboard/annoying and promote way too much thinking. These days I have a few shorter simple relaxation audios that I loop. Not wordy at all. Very very easy going.

Then I put on my nighttime eye mask to block light from next door and earplugs. Have a fan and a white noise machine which I can hear faintly and helps relax.

Cheers

Oh Lord, who would have told us when we were young and just dropped dead every night that we would have to go through all this ritual just to go to sleep at night! I hear you Blue. Every night I: place two stuffed animals, cow and rabit, in strategic points of the bed. One right next to me and another one next to my pillow. Then a cushion so that cow doesn't fall off the bed at night. Then a bigger cushion between my legs for my lower back pain, then a chair next to the bed with comics in case I wake up at night. An hour before that I've taken the valium and gabapentin, and then just before bed, I take the 12.5 trazodone and start playing Thomas Hall who will go on all night. No ear plugs or eye thing yet (fingers crossed).

Val

Cheers

Oh Lord, who would have told us when we were young and just dropped dead every night that we would have to go through all this ritual just to go to sleep at night! I hear you Blue. Every night I: place two stuffed animals, cow and rabit, in strategic points of the bed. One right next to me and another one next to my pillow. Then a cushion so that cow doesn't fall off the bed at night. Then a bigger cushion between my legs for my lower back pain, then a chair next to the bed with comics in case I wake up at night. An hour before that I've taken the valium and gabapentin, and then just before bed, I take the 12.5 trazodone and start playing Thomas Hall who will go on all night. No ear plugs or eye thing yet (fingers crossed).

Val

Those were the days. Head on pillow and sleep. I also have a ritual with pillows and wear a McKenzie back roll for my back. The straps are frayed and just about to break. Have had back issues for 15 years, as you know---no fun including nerve issues. Your stuffed animals sound cozy. Is the gabapentin helpful. Any daytime sluggishness with the 12.5 trazodone.

Have enjoyed chatting with you.

Cheers :clap:

Blue, nice talking to you too. I'm in a rush now but just to tell you I would not take the Gabapentin. Dr convinced me to get on it when I was in a very very bad state last summer. It didn't help plus now I'm hooked. The trazodone since I've gone down from 50 to 12.5 no longer gives me a hangover as it's a tiny dose. It must be tapered though. I did feel the cuts from it, but not like the benzo.

Val,

I haven’t tapered in 9 months. Had to change generic diazapam with horrible withdrawals. Dr wants me to try gabapentin for wd and sleep. I see you say it didn’t help you. Did it help with sleep?

Val,

I haven’t tapered in 9 months. Had to change generic diazapam with horrible withdrawals. Dr wants me to try gabapentin for wd and sleep. I see you say it didn’t help you. Did it help with sleep?

Hi Magnolis!! I'm sorry I haven't answered before. I'm not checking in every day, and when I do, I often only read the LHSG. OK, I was in such a state when I started with gabapentin and trazodone that TBH I don't know if it helped. It didn't seem to but who knows. If your problem is specifically sleep, I can tell you than for me the trazodone does help. I took 50 mgs traz for months and now down to 12.5. I'll stay at this dose for as long as I'm trying to get off valium. I'm hooked at 600 mgs gabapentin now. I wouldn't take it. I wasn't able to say no. Like I've said before, I would've taken rat poison if someone told me it would get me out of acute wd. It didn't. What did was holding for ages. After I got out of that state, then the trazodone helped with sleep (not before). Maybe try with only 25 mgs of traz. Even 12.5 work for me. Maybe try that very very low dose and see how it goes for you. Every single drug we take is a risk and these spych drugs all create dependency, however I'm not in favor of being insomniac forever. It's not a life.

Val,

BTW how long did the withdrawals of the change of brand last? I'm regretting it but not going back. Now on 2mg pill of LEO plus 0.20 mgs drops of liquid KERN. When I get down to 2 mgs the dr wants me to switch to all liquid KERN, but now I'm fearing that change after what it's costing me to switch brands this time. So I'm about to tell him I'll stay with the LEO pills and cut them and scale weigh them like I used to do with valium. So all for nothing. My dr means well but really, I wish they had gone through this so they knew what they're talking about.

Mary, do you recommend I switch to all liquid (different brand again), once I get down to 2 mgs, or is that another ordeal?

I hate this drug in all its forms but I probably did better on freaking valium than this cheap copy. I'm not very high maintenance but it seems that I am so when it comes to valium.

Sept to now 1.6mg Valium Down to 1mg what’s the recommendation jump dose these days ??

How are you feeling OD?  That should determine when you jump.  If you are feeling really good .5 might work, if you are feeling just barely ok, .25, but if you are feeling rough, imo, you should go to 0.

Let your symptoms guide you.  Good luck!  Mary

Sept to now 1.6mg Valium Down to 1mg what’s the recommendation jump dose these days ??

How are you feeling OD?  That should determine when you jump.  If you are feeling really good .5 might work, if you are feeling just barely ok, .25, but if you are feeling rough, imo, you should go to 0.

Let your symptoms guide you.  Good luck!  Mary

Ocea Dude I agree with Mary. You could even be ok jumping now but as you don't know it and when it goes wrong it goes so very wrong, and you don't fix it by just reinstating trust me on this because I've been there, I wouldn't jump from anywhere above 0.50 and even from there many people have trouble. I CTd from 5 mgs in my youth so as you see, it can be done, but as you don't know how your brain is going to react, why risk it?