Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Ear pain

[Ma...]

Does anyone experience excruciating ear pain? I’m getting this, jaw pain, throat tightness like I’m being strangled, dry everything and this all occurs after eating. I also have neuropathy that comes on severely only after eating. But also just drinking water so it’s not what I’m eating or drinking it’s just the gut is stimulating my nervous system I think. Can anyone relate? This is so distressing

• Like 2

@[Ma...], yes, i can relate to the ear pain and jaw pain, both mostly on my right side. The ear pain is smth completely weird. Never had anything like this prior to the benzo&antidepressant experience. I also had some "maddening" things right after eating. Luckily, this issue seems to be over now. I think you're right it's not about what we eat but stimulating our still hyperreactive nervous system. 

Smooth healing to you!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[WU...]

Yes awful ear pain, had it while I was still taking the drug, think it was a sign of tolerance. Doctor said it was nothing even though it was excruciating, still is just as bad 14 months after CT. Feels like all around the ear is twisting and pulling, muscles feel hard and inflexible through the jaw and cheek and all around the right side of my head.  Haven't linked it to eating as have it all the time.

[Ma...]
5 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Yes awful ear pain, had it while I was still taking the drug, think it was a sign of tolerance. Doctor said it was nothing even though it was excruciating, still is just as bad 14 months after CT. Feels like all around the ear is twisting and pulling, muscles feel hard and inflexible through the jaw and cheek and all around the right side of my head.  Haven't linked it to eating as have it all the time.

Omg I’m so sorry 😭😭 I can’t imagine having it 247 although it’s getting more persistent. 14 months 😭😭 has it lessened in intensity at all? Does anything help for pain? 

2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Thank you for responding! How long did the symptoms after eating take to go away

It's not that simple to answer. It happened by and by. I just remember one day i realized i didn't have them anymore. I sure still had the symptoms last summer from time to time and didn't have in autumn. Somewhere in between 4-7 months of being off benzo.

• Love 1

[WU...]
3 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Does anything help for pain? 

It is still intense but I keep telling myself the pain is the ear healing, trying to make myself feel better about it! These pills are ototoxic so ear pain is very common.