Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi Magnolis

Hope you feel better. And understand you are awaiting a response from a more experienced member.

I did a google search Mylan vs Teva valium. Surprisingly, it is a popular topic. In fact, some who switched from Teva to Mylan had similar issues versus your change from Mylan to Teva. Very odd--one would think the chemical structure is the same.

Last week, I switched to liquid V and have been having more tinnitus. A low-level buzz that comes and goes. I find it to be curious and assume its part of the process.

Magnolis are you experiencing any day time early morning fatigue now or in the past. V is much different than the other benzos--at least it does not have dramatic interdose sx's. However, I do not care for it and like you striving to get down and out from under it all.

Cheers

Blue001

When I had my crash in the fall, the first symptom was overwhelming fatigue.  I have had it since but my story is complicated.  I’m sure yours will lift.

When I had my crash in the fall, the first symptom was overwhelming fatigue.  I have had it since but my story is complicated.  I’m sure yours will lift.

Magnolis

Thanks for the encouraging words. Appreciate it.

I hope you get some responses to your concerns. Just dropped in to see if anyone responded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers again

Blue001

[cd...]

Hi Jt

I'm in a similar boat as you, same med, same dose, nearly same amount of time (1.5 mg alprazolam, almost five years). I also switched to Valium to taper but the doctor would only prescribe 15 milligrams. I've since tapered down to 0.4. I started tapering at roughly the Ashton rate but have had to slow down. Hopefully you'll find a rate that works best for you with minimal symptoms. Best of luck -

Tom

I am at 12 mg Val.  Looks like you had a timely taper.  Afraid to ask, but was it tolerable?  Thanks!

Hi Lookinup

The taper has been challenging for sure, but the finish line is in sight. At the roughest times it has been a matter of just hanging in there, because time passes no matter what and if we keep persevering and stay committed to a taper we will get off this stuff.

Very inspirational.  Thanks!  What percentage did you taper each month? Or was it mugs?

Hello everyone.  Just stopped in as I haven't been on a while - I had been "subscribed" but I am not getting emails when a new post is out for some reason.  Sorry I missed the question about the pills/liquid.  I am currently doing that - on 3mg of pill per day (1/2 tablet of 2mg X 3) plus 1.45 mg of liquid.  It's so much better than cutting pills, so much better.  My symptoms are much better than they were but I'm having a few return so a little concerned. Trying to be ok with it.  I'm back up to 130 pounds and I think the extra weight has helped me.

Hello everyone.  Just stopped in as I haven't been on a while - I had been "subscribed" but I am not getting emails when a new post is out for some reason.  Sorry I missed the question about the pills/liquid.  I am currently doing that - on 3mg of pill per day (1/2 tablet of 2mg X 3) plus 1.45 mg of liquid.  It's so much better than cutting pills, so much better.  My symptoms are much better than they were but I'm having a few return so a little concerned. Trying to be ok with it.  I'm back up to 130 pounds and I think the extra weight has helped me.

Glad you're doing well mom of 7! 😘👋

Hi everyone, im new to this site and to this group.

Tomorrow night i have to change brands of diazepam and i already know the brand i am switching to and will taper from is much weaker than the brand ive been on. Little nervous and scared about this.

They are 10mg pills. Ive been at 5mg. on my old brand but that finishes tonight so tomorrow night i will have no choice but to switch brands and hopefully in 14 days, begin my taper.

Tomorrow night, i will split the 10mg pill in half and take that amount for the upcoming 14 days and see how i feel. If i begin to feel off or have any symptoms, i will have to bump my dosage up a bit, maybe to 7.5.

Its just difficult because this brand sucks :( When i took it before for 4 months, i immediately had to updose to the full 10mg. pill because thats what it took for it to "be equal" in strength with 5mg of the other brand.  The idea of having to "apparently" updose to 7.5 feels like im running backwards out the gate instead of moving forward, even though i know its the weakness of the brand, not really me "updosing".

Does anyone here have an opinion or any other ideas or info to help me in this endeavor, or should i just go ahead with splitting the 10mg to 5mg for the next 14 days?

Thanks for any help!

May we all heal!!!

Tomorrow night i have to change brands of diazepam and i already know the brand i am switching to and will taper from is much weaker than the brand ive been on. Little nervous and scared about this.

They are 10mg pills. Ive been at 5mg. on my old brand but that finishes tonight so tomorrow night i will have no choice but to switch brands and hopefully in 14 days, begin my taper.

Tomorrow night, i will split the 10mg pill in half and take that amount for the upcoming 14 days and see how i feel. If i begin to feel off or have any symptoms, i will have to bump my dosage up a bit, maybe to 7.5.

Its just difficult because this brand sucks :( When i took it before for 4 months, i immediately had to updose to the full 10mg. pill because thats what it took for it to "be equal" in strength with 5mg of the other brand.  The idea of having to "apparently" updose to 7.5 feels like im running backwards out the gate instead of moving forward, even though i know its the weakness of the brand, not really me "updosing".

Does anyone here have an opinion or any other ideas or info to help me in this endeavor, or should i just go ahead with splitting the 10mg to 5mg for the next 14 days?

Thanks for any help!

May we all heal!!!

Hi personally the above in purple,  that is what I would do then you can gage  how you feel and it will also give you a chance to have a rethink and make any changes you might need to incorporate, I hope it turns out that your new 10mg pill isn't sucky after all and that cutting it in half will work out just fine for you :)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone  :hug:A    QUESTION (Or two :))

I am  now going to try Daily micro tapering dry pill cut, rather then cut and hold as its brutal and I spend a LOT of time having to hold between each cut while collecting more and worsening symptoms regardless of whether I cut 0.5 or 0.25, it feels like I cut 75% or more of my dose  :D ( Which is now at 12mg from 15mg ) I tried the vodka/milk/ pharmacy Diazepam  liquid but it was hell.

In 17 months I was only able to cut .25 of my dose on the Vodka water mix alone ???  But in 15 months doing cut and hold I cut 3mg but I'm getting to many severe symptoms now and  really struggling to survive minute to minute and the milk and the Pharma liquid was so bad after one dose of each I went right back to cut and hold the next day that's how bad it was.  :(

My question is how many of you went from cut and hold to  Daily micro tapering dry pill cut, and did you find it better in the long run? Also another question I'd like to ask is was there an adjustment period where it was a bit rough until your body got used to the change or was sit a case of once you got into the swing of the daily cut you eventually felt improvements and it was easier to cope with symptoms? How much was your cut and hold cuts? ( Mine were 0.5 and 0.25 I did try 1mg twice but it was way too much for me)  and how much are your Daily micro taper dry pill cuts ?

I'm starting off at 0.002 per day , if I'm OK at that rate after a while I will then adjust my dose slightly higher and see how that works out, if it doesn't work out then I will drop it back down but am going to be sticking at this cut rate for at least 2 to 3 months before trying bigger cuts, an d also incorporating holds here and there or as needed. If not needed then I will cut continuously as long as I have bearable or minimal symptoms by which I mean functional so I can look after myself as I live alone with no help . Thanks in advance for any sharing or advise that may be posted :)

Hi I've just started my taper from 20mg and the odd 30mg I used this amount from march to now, I'm down to 15mg over the last few weeks. I have been on valium since  Dec 2017

I took no more than 10mg a week until this pandemic hit then I upped it and upped it. I feel awful 😞 had to reinstate back to 20mg for a couple of days, bad idea I know, messed up again, I don't think I can do this. Any advice would be great, I think I went to fast cause I'm stupid. Thanks

Thanks for any help!

May we all heal!!!

Hi Move Beyond. I can't help you. I had no idea there was such a difference in brands. What was the previous brand and what's the new one?

Thanks for any help!

May we all heal!!!

Hi Move Beyond. I can't help you. I had no idea there was such a difference in brands. What was the previous brand and what's the new one?

Hi Valiumnomore,

The first one i used was called Sobhan.

The one im starting my taper from is called Loghman.

I doubt theyre available outside the country i obtained them in.

Hoping for the best!!! :)

Hi Valiumnomore,

The first brand was Sobhan,

The second brand that i will be tapering from is Loghman.

I doubt theyre available outside the country i obtained them in. Id be greatly suprised if anyone here is familiar with them.

Hoping for the best!!!

I’ve heard of people having symptoms from switching generics, but I’m not familiar with manufacturers outside the US. I wish you good luck, Move beyond!

Hi Jt

I'm in a similar boat as you, same med, same dose, nearly same amount of time (1.5 mg alprazolam, almost five years). I also switched to Valium to taper but the doctor would only prescribe 15 milligrams. I've since tapered down to 0.4. I started tapering at roughly the Ashton rate but have had to slow down. Hopefully you'll find a rate that works best for you with minimal symptoms. Best of luck -

Tom

I am at 12 mg Val.  Looks like you had a timely taper.  Afraid to ask, but was it tolerable?  Thanks!

Hi Lookinup

The taper has been challenging for sure, but the finish line is in sight. At the roughest times it has been a matter of just hanging in there, because time passes no matter what and if we keep persevering and stay committed to a taper we will get off this stuff.

Very inspirational.  Thanks!  What percentage did you taper each month? Or was it mugs?

I didn't really go by percentages, but more how I felt. For the first part of the taper I just dropped a milligram or half milligram every couple weeks or so. When I got around 7.5 millgrams I just reduced by 0.2 every week, occasionally holding a little longer. I did have to hold at four milligrams for a while to let my system catch up a little bit. Once I got to 1.6 milligrams I started reducing .1 every ten days. I'm down to 0.3 and am planning to jump in about a month or so. I feel better now than I did during my entire taper.  I've still got quite a bit of healing to go but am so much better than I was a year ago.

Hi Tom,

Can I ask: did you do those 0.1 cuts in one cut and then hold for a week or as a daily micro taper?

Thanks.

Hi Tom,

Can I ask: did you do those 0.1 cuts in one cut and then hold for a week or as a daily micro taper?

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing, when I tried 1mg cuts its what gave me severe long standing unbearable symptoms which I'm still collecting  :'( .5 Also became too much .25 is no different to .5, so I'm going to try a daily pill daily micro taper starting at 0.002 per day hopefully this will work out for me as I can't handle no more I'm barely surviving and live alone with no help at all and have been housebound for ages.

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

Hi Nova,

Sorry to hear you're having these problems as well. I know how you must feel.

Good luck with your micro taper. Hope all goes well.

I am so sensitive that even a short series of micro cuts catches up with me after a week or so.

Best of luck.  :thumbsup:

Hi Nova,

Sorry to hear you're having these problems as well. I know how you must feel.

Good luck with your micro taper. Hope all goes well.

I am so sensitive that even a short series of micro cuts catches up with me after a week or so.

Best of luck.  :thumbsup:

HI T  :hug: Thanks  I am going to try micro taper for a week then hold for week, to see how it plays out and gage how I'm doing hopefully it won't be so bad then I can try tapering for say 10 days then hold for a while then resume taper I intend to incorporate holds hopefully I won't have to hold long in-between cuts as every single  cut I've done so far has ended up a months of holding, if you add it up I've spent a few year's just holding while suffering and getting sicker. I'm  like you, super sensitive,  when I tried liquid D.MT using vodka  I only managed to cut 1/8th of an mg in  19 months!!!

All that time holding and suffering when I may as well been cutting for all the good it did me. So I'm hoping dry cutting will work out better for me as even Pharma Diazepam was no good either, I wish they did Diazepam in slow release pill's whenever I was on something hard to taper off the slow release version was the way I got off by cutting and tapering the pills. Tthe instantaneous pills were always too hard for me to taper but the slow release coated pills  made it a LOT easier for me, its total BS you should never cut coated slow release or coated pills it worked every time for me with minimal or no withdrawal at all.

Reposting hoping to get some answers please

I am  now going to try Daily micro tapering dry pill cut, rather then cut and hold as its brutal and I spend a LOT of time having to hold between each cut while collecting more and worsening symptoms regardless of whether I cut 0.5 or 0.25, it feels like I cut 75% or more of my dose  :D ( Which is now at 12mg from 15mg ) I tried the vodka/milk/ pharmacy Diazepam  liquid but it was hell.

In 19 months I was only able to cut .25 of my dose (1/8) on the Vodka water mix alone ???  But in 15 months doing cut and hold I cut 3mg but I'm getting to many severe symptoms now and  really struggling to survive minute to minute and the milk and the Pharma liquid was so bad after one dose of each I went right back to cut and hold the next day that's how bad it was.  :(

My question is how many of you went from cut and hold to  Daily micro tapering dry pill cut, and did you find it better in the long run? Also another question I'd like to ask is was there an adjustment period where it was a bit rough until your body got used to the change or was sit a case of once you got into the swing of the daily cut you eventually felt improvements and it was easier to cope with symptoms? How much was your cut and hold cuts? ( Mine were 0.5 and 0.25 I did try 1mg twice but it was way too much for me)  and how much are your Daily micro taper dry pill cuts ?

I'm starting off at 0.002 per day , if I'm OK at that rate after a while I will then adjust my dose slightly higher and see how that works out, if it doesn't work out then I will drop it back down but am going to be sticking at this cut rate for at least 2 to 3 months before trying bigger cuts, an d also incorporating holds here and there or as needed. If not needed then I will cut continuously as long as I have bearable or minimal symptoms by which I mean functional so I can look after myself as I live alone with no help . Thanks in advance for any sharing or advise that may be posted :)

Hi Tom,

Thanks.

Hi Troch

I did the .1 reductions in one cut, then held for ten days and repeated. I figured that way it would equate to a .01 reduction per day but was not a daily micro taper.

This is the approach i just started taking, too..tonight is my 3rd night and everything is going well so far, but i kow its really too early to tell..

Im afraid to think too optimistically cuz im afraid of being disappointed by having everything crash down on my head in a big firey failure if things DONT go smooth and i end up with bad w/ds, so im remaining pretty reserved in my judgement and my expectations.

Nova, when I was tapering last year I switched from cut & hold to a daily dry microtaper (I powdered my Valium and put it in capsules), it was MUCH smoother than cut & hold. I found my symptoms improved significantly. I think starting off small will be a good way for you to test the waters.

Nova, when I was tapering last year I switched from cut & hold to a daily dry microtaper (I powdered my Valium and put it in capsules), it was MUCH smoother than cut & hold. I found my symptoms improved significantly. I think starting off small will be a good way for you to test the waters.

Thanks so much for you reply kitsune :hug: What dose were you on doing C+h and how much were you cutting by per day using the Daily micro taper? Thanks

Thanks so much for you reply kitsune :hug: What dose were you on doing C+h and how much were you cutting by per day using the Daily micro taper? Thanks

I started my taper at 20 mg and pretty haphazardly started tapering, by the end of April 2019 I was down to 8 mg, so I dropped 60% in 5-ish months. At 8 mg I switched to the dry microtaper and cut 10%/10 days until I reached 1.8 mg at which point I started reducing by .02 mg daily until I got to .48 mg and jumped. I don’t recommend going as fast as I did. My previous taper was relatively easy until after I jumped. In comparison, I’ve dropped just over half my 4 mg dose in 6.5 months this time around and have unfortunately been more symptomatic.