Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Inquiry

Hello everyone, am Isaac from Uganda and was taking valium for 5 years, I am now 6 months out but still have terrible withdrawals...derealisation, depersonalisation, severe anxiety, eye issues, gut issues and many more. Am inquiring if there is anyone from Uganda in here so I can reach out to them.

[Co...]

Hello @[...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am unsure if we have any other active members from Uganda (I'll try to find out later), but we have members from all around the world.

Unfortunately, it is fairly common to suffer withdrawal effects 6 months after withdrawal. However, we find that many/most of those who have not already recovered at this stage go on to recover fully, and very often before the 1-year mark. Try to remain optimistic and know that you are amongst friends here.

• Like 1

I will be grateful for your help. I usually get some windows and mostly have waves and find it a little unbelievable that I will heal in the next months before it's a year because I still have quite a lot of symptoms that are still terrible on me. 

[PE...]

Hi @[...]. I'm not from Uganda but was on Valium for a few years. I'm 7 months off and doing better than i was.

Our members are from all around the world but i think you are the first African I accounted here. I have this thing for cat animals, lions in particular. Hope to go to Africa in the future for seing them irl :)

welcome to benzobuddies!

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[...]. I'm not from Uganda but was on Valium for a few years. I'm 7 months off and doing better than i was.

Our members are from all around the world but i think you are the first African I accounted here. I have this thing for cat animals, lions in particular. Hope to go to Africa in the future for seing them irl :)

welcome to benzobuddies!

What symptoms do you currently still have?

[PE...]
9 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hi Iscm. I was in a really bad state and did a CT. Atm i only have some anxiety in the morning and tinnutus. Tinnutus is lower though than it was. Yeah my sleeping could be better. I only sleep fir 5 hours but usually sleep for 10. 

Just hang in there it will get better.

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Hi Iscm. I was in a really bad state and did a CT. Atm i only have some anxiety in the morning and tinnutus. Tinnutus is lower though than it was.

Just hang in there it will get better.

I will hang in here though it seems so tough and unbearable at the moment. And maybe about Africa, you really need to visit Africa...there is a lot to see here especially in Uganda.

• Like 1