Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

WPWP-  That's great that you are crossing over.  I did notice that I still had some xanax WD even with the diazapam.  Those seem to be subsiding now. 

Hi group:

Came across this article which summarizes most of the questions/issues per tapering with links for more details. Might save time for most of the recommendations are on BB yet require some digging.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2017/10/09/benzodiazepine-tapering-strategies-and-solutions/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Removed lengthy and somewhat off topic comment and will resubmit shorter to the point queries in a day or two.

Cheers

Will crushing the remainder of my Diazepam change the way the drug is absorbed/metabolised?

It’s becoming too small to file down so was thinking of making a powder.

I’m on an extremely low dose of 0.32mg. I want to taper down to around 0.1mg to be safe because I jumped from 0.5mg in my first taper and it was too much.

Thanks

The powder should be fine. Essentially all liquid tapers are a mix of pulverized med and a liquid medium. Your dose now is so tiny it has a negligible effect. Hang in there! Keep thinking of when you will be totally healed.  8)

Will crushing the remainder of my Diazepam change the way the drug is absorbed/metabolised?

I’m on an extremely low dose of 0.32mg. I want to taper down to around 0.1mg to be safe because I jumped from 0.5mg in my first taper and it was too much.

Thanks

Yes, powdering it is fine. That’s how I tapered for much of the time last year. Just crushed it with a mortar and pestle then weighed out my dose and put it in a gelatin capsule.

The powder should be fine. Essentially all liquid tapers are a mix of pulverized med and a liquid medium. Your dose now is so tiny it has a negligible effect. Hang in there! Keep thinking of when you will be totally healed.  8)

Thank you.

Can I expect any kind of change do you think?

Thanks

Yes, powdering it is fine. That’s how I tapered for much of the time last year. Just crushed it with a mortar and pestle then weighed out my dose and put it in a gelatin capsule.

I’ll give this a go thanks.

Thank you.

A change in your reaction to your dose? No, I would think not. Half life is half life of a chemical no matter the form.

My Valium packaging says keep under the temperature of 25 degrees Celsius but I have kept it in a room which was 30 degrees atleast. Does this affect the efficiency of the Valium pills? I notice today after having taken my Valium that it works less effectively and I'm having more anxiety.

Hi all

Anyone having difficulty obtaining liquid diazepam 5ml 5gm solution.

My Walgreens pharmacy contacted me last night and informed me that liquid was on backorder. They found another pharmacy with some stock at another location.

They indicated could be months before stocked. So, I called another popular pharmacy and they too stated it has been on backorder for sometime.

I am trying to contact doctor--to approve using the liquid solution for fractions and 2 mg pills.

Want to play it safe for the liquid is important for titrating with accuracy.

My present dose is 3.8 mg, so would take 2 and 1/2 mg pill and 3 10ths mg liquid. And adjust as taper. One bottle ought to last close to end of taper.

I live in a city of over 2 million plus. Appears some drugs are in shortage, particularily, ones like liquid benzo which is not often prescribed.

Cheers

Hi-----Joyatlast51

Noticed your taper this year per your sig.

11/3/19 4.0, 12/2/19 3.5, 1/26/20 3.25, 3/15/20 3.0,  4/15/20 2.5, 4/21/20 2.3, 5/24/20 2.0, 6/28 1.66, 7/19 1.33, 8/2 1.0

Looks well thought out.

How did it go for for you from 4mg to 1mg. You are almost there--must feel pretty good.

Cheers

Hi all

Anyone having difficulty obtaining liquid diazepam 5ml 5gm solution.

My Walgreens pharmacy contacted me last night and informed me that liquid was on backorder. They found another pharmacy with some stock at another location.

They indicated could be months before stocked. So, I called another popular pharmacy and they too stated it has been on backorder for sometime.

I am trying to contact doctor--to approve using the liquid solution for fractions and 2 mg pills.

Want to play it safe for the liquid is important for titrating with accuracy.

My present dose is 3.8 mg, so would take 2 and 1/2 mg pill and 3 10ths mg liquid. And adjust as taper. One bottle ought to last close to end of taper.

I live in a city of over 2 million plus. Appears some drugs are in shortage, particularily, ones like liquid benzo which is not often prescribed.

Cheers

Is yours Roxann blue?

Mary

Mine has come in a cough syrup like amber bottle-orange flavored. Likely generic in that online photos of Roxane looks like a fancy white bottle.

Anyway, the script has been sent to the other Walgreens just a few minutes ago.

Looks like you are making good progress with your tapering. In fact, everyone on this V support group appears to be moving along.

Cheers

Mary

Mine has come in a cough syrup like amber bottle-orange flavored. Likely generic in that online photos of Roxane looks like a fancy white bottle.

Looks like you are making good progress with your tapering. In fact, everyone on this V support group appears to be moving along.

Cheers

We move blue, but sometimes we move really slow  :laugh: :laugh:    I just got out of the 8's to 7.9

:laugh: :laugh:  I was so sick of the #8.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  ;)

Mary

Cheers

Blue, I get my liquid diazepam from CVS, but the label always tells me the drug manufacturer. I would imagine yours should too. I know other buddies who get theirs from Costco, Wal-mart, and Sam’s Club. Not sure if those are options for you to transfer your prescription to if one of them has it.

Mary and Kit:

Mine is Roxane. Just looked at bottle print is tiny.

Well, received message that script is in and they are reviewing insurance. Par for the course, don't really need immediately, still have a good weeks worth give or take.

Mary indeed nice to get into the 7's--it is progress and a psychological boost. I felt good dropping into the 3's a few days ago.

Cheers

Wow, that kinda scares me, that there could be a liquid shortage.  Most pharmacies do not carry this stuff and it has to be ordered.  The same thing recently happened to me with my sertraline manufacturer - the ingredient was in shortage and they couldn't get it.  I had to shop around for a pharmacy who could order my generic brand as I am too sensitive to changes.  I NEVER expected this to be a problem with the liquid Valium. 

Thank you.

A change in your reaction to your dose? No, I would think not. Half life is half life of a chemical no matter the form.

Im wondering if I should shave the pill down to where it currently is before crushing it and then subtracting the rest that way or starting with a full pill.

My Valium packaging says keep under the temperature of 25 degrees Celsius but I have kept it in a room which was 30 degrees atleast. Does this affect the efficiency of the Valium pills? I notice today after having taken my Valium that it works less effectively and I'm having more anxiety.

Nikitis. I've been in your situation. My whole life was about my pills. They were my gold mine to save my life. But I have read your posts, and I think you have problems with tolerance. And it didn’t get better, only worse. And increasing the dose was not a good option. I don’t know if your purpose is to quit Benzo or not? What are your thoughts?  :)

Nikitis. I've been in your situation. My whole life was about my pills. They were my gold mine to save my life. But I have read your posts, and I think you have problems with tolerance. And it didn’t get better, only worse. And increasing the dose was not a good option. I don’t know if your purpose is to quit Benzo or not? What are your thoughts?  :)

I want to quit the benzos. I want to transition the Ativan to Valium in 75 25, 50 50, 25 75, 100 to Valium then use distilled water to lower the dose with 1 mg per 10 days.

Wow, that kinda scares me, that there could be a liquid shortage.  Most pharmacies do not carry this stuff and it has to be ordered.  The same thing recently happened to me with my sertraline manufacturer - the ingredient was in shortage and they couldn't get it.  I had to shop around for a pharmacy who could order my generic brand as I am too sensitive to changes.  I NEVER expected this to be a problem with the liquid Valium.

Momof7babes:

Appears my original comment was inaccurate. Revised per comment by Libertas--see below.

Cheers

Hopefully you won’t have an issue.

I think my pharmacy has a stock of it because I’ve always been able to pick up the same day I ask for a refill. One of the pharmacists told me that I’m the only person who has been prescribed the liquid from that location, but I live in a smaller city.

OK, this makes me feel a bit better.  My pharmacist had to order it for me at first b/c they don't usually dispense it.  He bought a larger/unopened bottle, knowing that I would be needing it for months/years to come.  But that's only gonna last so long.  Same thing with Sam's Club when I got from them.  The idea that it might not be available for ordering is what concerned me.  Thanks everyone for weighing in.