Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Today is day 7 of a crossover of mylan to teva diazapam. I started with 1/4 total dose teva.  Rest mylan. I’m having extreme nausea. Is this normal? Should I just switch over completely. Are the 2 manufacturers ca using the nausea. It’s not the typical wd nausea. It’s severe.

What is "teva" diazapam. Thank you...unfamiliar with the term.

Hi All,

A couple of months ago I switched from clonazepam over to diazepam. It's been so much easier to taper on diazepam. I have much less depression and anxiety.

However, I have a new symptom now to a degree I've never experienced before. It's an overwhelming sense of fatigue. No matter how much I sleep, it just doesn't matter. It's pretty debilitating. I assume many of you have experienced this, I am just hoping for a little support. It's kind of all-consuming.

Does anyone have this problem with diazepam?

(I didn't have this problem with clonazepam to the same degree).

Modify message

Benzo, I had a lot of fatigue when I switched from Ativan to Valium. A lot. It lasted many weeks -- it was acute at first then gradually levelled off.

I took a look at the s/x for the drug Parnate you are taking and here are some:

Nervous system disorders: dizziness, restlessness/akathisia, akinesia, ataxia, myoclonic jerks, tremor, hyper-reflexia, muscle spasm, paresthesia, numbness, memory loss, sedation, drowsiness, dysgeusia, headaches (without blood pressure elevation)

It seems this drug also promotes fatigue. So you may be getting a double whammy. In my experience on here, ppl do accommodate to valium and become less fatigued over time. I wonder if you need to talk to whoever is prescribing for you and discuss how tired you are. It's a rotten, crappy feeling -- I know. Maybe the Parnate could be adjusted? Just a thought. I'm certainly not a doctor.

Hope you can get this sorted out.

:smitten:

Katz

Hi.  Yes, I am very fatigued and tired a lot and wasn't like that on Klonopin.  Valium has properties making it very sedating.  It's better than it was but it's still there and I would take it any day over the symptoms from Klonopin WD.  Glad to hear that overall, it's going better for you.

Valium is also known to cause nausea if you look at the side effects of the medication.  Sometimes it can be the additives (not the actual medication) that is different and can cause you to have s/x.   

I find that nothing makes sense in how our bodies react to things  - the only thing we can do is listen to it and do what works for us.  If you can I would see if you could get a different manufacturer for the Valium you are taking and see if that helps. 

Thanks for the input on Valium and fatigue. I will talk to my doctor about cutting back on the Parnate and switching Valium manufacturers. No matter, how hard this fatigue is, it’s much easier to deal with than the extreme difficulties I had tapering from Klonopin.

The main thing that can help us all right in this journey is to radically accept that it’s just going to be really difficult and to make peace with that.

I had a c/o from 15 mg. Oxazepam and 5-15 mg Zolpidem to Valium, 15 mg. in february. After stabilzing on that, what went really smoothly, I started to taper 1 mg of V each week. That worked till now. I’m now on hold on 7,5 mg V, because I got symptoms getting worse. I know, at this level, 1 mg per week is too brutal. I’m on 7,5 mg now for the second week, planning for hold another week and than tapering further with 0,25 mg V per week. That means, I will be done in nov./dec. Is this a good plan? Or is it possible to do it a bit faster, for example 0,5 mg per week? Anyone with experience with this?

Jokkio, Ashton recommends 5 to 10% every 2 weeks and a lot of people find that too fast.  IMO, somewhere in between there might be a good number to start out with.  You have gone pretty fast.  It may be a good idea now to think about holding awhile and let your brain and central nervous system stabilize.  Then after that , a slower taper and lower dose.  As you get lower, with Valium long half life, can really catch up with you.  Good luck, whatever you try. 💜

I’m going to have to try the whole milk method to taper.  I haven’t tapered in 8 months due to my crash, My old home brew with vodka and water will no longer work. Has anyone used this method? I’m on 4 mg v. How do I do this?

I’m going to have to try the whole milk method to taper.  I haven’t tapered in 8 months due to my crash, My old home brew with vodka and water will no longer work. Has anyone used this method? I’m on 4 mg v. How do I do this?

Hi Magnolia

Yes I use the whole milk titration method with v, and it works fine. Are you using tablets or liquid. Where I come from liquid v is not available. I have recently gone from 3.5mg to 2.5 I did that over 100 days then been on a hold since as with me it takes about 15 weeks after I finish the taper before I feel a Side effect, but so far they have been somewhat mild and doable, I don’t seem to get slammed doing it this way. I still have waves but they are not as severe.

I use 100ml of milk to 1mg v which I crush and mix with milk I swirl it around and at the same time syringe out 0.1mg per day , so day 2 I take out 0.2mg and discard it etc, I keep a spreadsheet to keep track and date it and tick off every day so I don’t stuff up.

So if you are on 4mg, take 3.0mg v in tablet form and titrate 1mg in milk.

If at any time an unwanted sx shows you can just stay at that same dose for as long as you want depending on your symptoms.

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to pm me.

Gypsy  :smitten:

Jokkio, Ashton recommends 5 to 10% every 2 weeks and a lot of people find that too fast.  IMO, somewhere in between there might be a good number to start out with.  You have gone pretty fast.  It may be a good idea now to think about holding awhile and let your brain and central nervous system stabilize.  Then after that , a slower taper and lower dose.  As you get lower, with Valium long half life, can really catch up with you.  Good luck, whatever you try. 💜

Thanks, Mary for your answer, I appreciate it so much!  :smitten:

Today is National Adopt a Pet Day!!

And here at least , seniors can adopt senior pets for free, they still come with all their shots and in good health........I think the pet is 7 years old or more.  So if anybody is thinking about it, it's all done with no close distancing.  You find the dog online , come look through the front window, if you decide you want, you pay with credit card over phone, unless Sr, and they bring the dog out on long leash. No touching.

🐶🐱🐕🐩💜💜💜💜

Two weeks on hold now on 7,5 mg. V now. Anxiousness settles down . Thought I had come in a good place now. Now, last week I’m very deprssive. I suffer from sevsere COPD (emfysimia), that’s not really something to be very glad for, but this depressivity I don’t recognize..... Nothing seems to make me happy anymore, the shining is off. I liked to do some drawing, colouring, watching series, movies, but now all my interest is gone.... Can this be a w/d sympto or from the Valium?

It's good to hear about the settling anxiety but I'm sorry about the depression and I hope it improves for you.  This absolutely happens to some.  Dr. Anna Lemke discuses this during one of her interviews I watched with the Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices inteviews.  Has something to do with the dopamine receptors being impacted.

I was wondering, if antidepressiva would help along the withdrawal from V. Especially for the depressive feelings I have.

Anyone eperience with this matter?

I’ve been on an AD the entire time I’ve been on V, I don’t know that it helps, but I don’t think it hurts. If you can avoid adding more meds I would.

Start up side effects for many, including me, are VERY difficult with or without benzos - they are stimulating for me and many others but not for some and I don't know why that is.  I personally would not take them.  I'm on Zoloft but wish I wasn't. 

Hi,

My muscles are very painful. I'm in so much pain lots of times. Tendons in legs tight. Does anyone here have that pain too?

And if so, has anyone taking a muscle relaxant for that?

I am thinking about asking my Dr. to prescribe me some.

Hi,

My muscles are very painful. I'm in so much pain lots of times. Tendons in legs tight. Does anyone here have that pain too?

I would stay away from muscle relaxants. Many of them can be problematic. Muscle pain is very common in withdrawal, I have it in my shoulders/neck/upper back most often and get it in my legs and hips as well. Some gentle yoga can help and sometimes I do a hot shower or lay on a heating pad.

Hi,

I would stay away from muscle relaxants. Many of them can be problematic. Muscle pain is very common in withdrawal, I have it in my shoulders/neck/upper back most often and get it in my legs and hips as well. Some gentle yoga can help and sometimes I do a hot shower or lay on a heating pad.

What helps me so much is this massaging collar I got on Amazon. I put it around my neck and shoulders and it does percussive massage. Heaven while it is on. Very distracting from the tension.

Hi,

What helps me so much is this massaging collar I got on Amazon. I put it around my neck and shoulders and it does percussive massage. Heaven while it is on. Very distracting from the tension.

What's the name of it  ;)

Hi,

Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D2UJVGS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hi,

Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D2UJVGS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Just bought one, thank you for sharing!