Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

You are doing everything right. My fatal mistake was going too fast around 2 mg. Because I had an easy taper up to that point, I didn’t know the symptoms were wd until 2 months in. Damage done. So if you slow up around 2.5mg, you should have minimal problems. I went off course, and fell in the hole. .

Magnolis our crashes were so similar.

You are doing everything right. My fatal mistake was going too fast around 2 mg. Because I had an easy taper up to that point, I didn’t know the symptoms were wd until 2 months in. Damage done. So if you slow up around 2.5mg, you should have minimal problems. I went off course, and fell in the hole. .

I think if I had slowed down around 2 mg I wouldn’t have crashed so hard too. I had an easy taper, felt really good, didn’t realize that some of the symptoms I was experiencing were due to withdrawal. Instead I sped up and that was a huge mistake. Once I hit 2.5 mg again (which will be in a few days) I’m going to hold for a bit then proceed cautiously.

Yes, that was very scary and I know it still could go down like that but I'm trying not to think of it for now.  I'm almost 42 so not a Spring Chicken but my youngest is just turning 4 (oldest 18) so yeah, many years ahead.  Even still, it's hell no matter what, even if you don't have kids.

Parenting through withdrawal is SO challenging (as if it wasn’t challenging enough without it). I only have one kiddo, he’ll be 5 in a couple of months. I worry how this will affect him all the time. I’m 35 and want to have more, but I’ve had to put that on hold until I can get free of benzos. This whole situation is incredibly frustrating.

Kit,

You said you weren’t 100% stable when you resumed the taper. Did you feel better as you tapered? I still have symptoms, and I’m proceeding too. Did you feel worse,better or same as you tapered?

Kit,

You said you weren’t 100% stable when you resumed the taper. Did you feel better as you tapered? I still have symptoms, and I’m proceeding too. Did you feel worse,better or same as you tapered?

It took a while before I felt better. My symptoms come and go now, in the early days it was a daily struggle. Now most of my symptoms are tied to certain times during my cycle, which was how it was in my previous taper, but I have a harder time with them this time around, I think because the fear and anxiety that hit right after I jumped are still very fresh in my mind.

I really feel for you mothers. I can't even imagine having had to take care of someone during my taper, I could barely take care of myself! You ladies are warriors.  :smitten:

Hi Valiumnomore,

Just like you,  Mary, and motherofseven, I restarted to taper (after a hold  of about three months.)

I do a dry cut of 0.002 mgs ( total pill weight) every day and then hold for another day.

But I have been thinking hard about doing a bigger cut in one go and hold for a few weeks after that. Which is what Valiumnomore did just now. Am I right about that?

Doing a constant micro cut doesn't seem to agree with me for more than a few cuts. My biggest issues are insomnia and muscle pain. Both are getting worse again.

So a slightly bigger cut, followed by a longish hold might do the trick and give a less severe reaction?

Good luck with your taper. And I hope your anxiety gets better soon.

For Mary and those of you who use Roxane Rx liquid, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

I am currently doing a DLMT with pills and home made liquid and am thinking of switching to Rx liquid for my DLMT portion of my daily dose. I taper 1 mg at a time with my home made liquid at a reduction rate of .02 mg a day.  I started at 15 mg of Valium and am down to 6.5 mg. I am thinking of switching because I have always had stomach issues with my home made liquid from pills, vodka solvent, and water and I know it's not as accurate as Rx liquid. My pharmacist can get Roxane non-concentrate liquid Valium at a 5 mg/5 ml ratio.

My question for all of you is: what is your process for mixing you Rx liquid.  What ratio of Valium to water do you use for your taper?  I currently use a 1 mg:100 ml ratio with my home made liquid just because more water seems easier on my stomach. I have read where some BB use a 1 mg:10 ml ratio with Rx liquid and just drink their taper dose out of the syringe each day. Do you think if I stayed at 1 mg:100 ml would dilute the Roxane liquid too much?

Sorry for such a long post,

JoJo

Jojo, I don’t think using the 1:100 ratio will mess up your solution, but I don’t know for certain. I use the 1:10 ratio with my Rx liquid and it works well.

Kitsune,

I dose 3 times a day - about 7:30, 3:00 pm. and 9 p.m.

Jojo,

I dilute my Roxane using 99 ml of water and 1 mg of Roxane for a 1:100 solution - only for the dose I'm cutting.  I do this because 1) I hate the taste and this helps, though I have adjusted to it in time. and 2) I only cut .01 mg per day, which is 1 ML.  I was cutting .011 and this way just makes it easier for my brain to comprehend.  I will eventually probably reduce my cut rate at low doses so this makes sure I can do so more easily. 

For Mary and those of you who use Roxane Rx liquid, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

I am currently doing a DLMT with pills and home made liquid and am thinking of switching to Rx liquid for my DLMT portion of my daily dose. I taper 1 mg at a time with my home made liquid at a reduction rate of .02 mg a day.  I started at 15 mg of Valium and am down to 6.5 mg. I am thinking of switching because I have always had stomach issues with my home made liquid from pills, vodka solvent, and water and I know it's not as accurate as Rx liquid. My pharmacist can get Roxane non-concentrate liquid Valium at a 5 mg/5 ml ratio.

My question for all of you is: what is your process for mixing you Rx liquid.  What ratio of Valium to water do you use for your taper?  I currently use a 1 mg:100 ml ratio with my home made liquid just because more water seems easier on my stomach. I have read where some BB use a 1 mg:10 ml ratio with Rx liquid and just drink their taper dose out of the syringe each day. Do you think if I stayed at 1 mg:100 ml would dilute the Roxane liquid too much?

O

Sorry for such a long post,

JoJo

Mine is 1ml/1mg :(

I’m curious, how many people dose more than once daily?

Kitsune,

I dosed 3x until 3mg, then 2x until 2mg, then I just took the 2mg pill every morning for my long hold and 1x per day all the way down from there. I found that once it was no longer therapeutic (2mg for me) it was just about maintaining blood levels so 1x per day was fine.

I’m curious, how many people dose more than once daily?

Kitsune,

I dosed 3x until 3mg, then 2x until 2mg, then I just took the 2mg pill every morning for my long hold and 1x per day all the way down from there. I found that once it was no longer therapeutic (2mg for me) it was just about maintaining blood levels so 1x per day was fine.

I have dosed twice a day from the beginning of my taper.  I started at 15 mg and am now down to 6.5 mg.

Thanks to all who replied to my post about the Rx liquid.  It sounds like I can keep my ratio at 1mg/100 ml without worrying about a loss of potency, but I may try the 1 mg/10 ml.

Thanks again,

JoJo :)

Just verifying I got added to diazepam tapering

Hi Verbena,

It would be helpful if you added your medication history to your signature so others can see at a glance where you're at in your journey, here are the instructions. Add your history/signature 

Also, if you'd like the help of the folks who chat on this thread, just let them know what you need, they'll be happy to answer your questions.

Pamster

Has anyone anyone ever cut every 5 days or so successfully?

If live to hear for inspiration😊

I'm sure someone has, they might be found on Easier Taper.  You are starting to get lower now though and seemed to have done well if your taper dates are any indication.  However, I really wouldn't risk messing up something working that well as low as you are now.  Just a thought.  Mary  :)

I'm sure someone has, they might be found on Easier Taper.  You are starting to get lower now though and seemed to have done well if your taper dates are any indication.  However, I really wouldn't risk messing up something working that well as low as you are now.  Just a thought.  Mary  :)

I agree Mary. I just cut to 20mg and I wouldn’t risk it if I was down that low. I cut every 2 weeks since my doctor is directly following ashtons schedule -2.25 every 2 weeks until 19mg then it’ll be -1mg every week. I started at 30mg two months ago. I might’ve cut early in maybe 7 days but 5 days seems short. I have a FaceTime appointment with my doctor at the end of month and will ask about adjusting as I get lower. As for TEVA I just refilled yesterday 2 weeks worth they had 5mg in stock. Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. Part of my withdrawal symptoms are fatigue. I’m glad this thread is so active. Much love to you all and I pray everyone is doing well during these times.

-Jimmy

I agree Mary. I just cut to 20mg and I wouldn’t risk it if I was down that low. I cut every 2 weeks since my doctor is directly following ashtons schedule -2.25 every 2 weeks until 19mg then it’ll be -1mg every week. I started at 30mg two months ago. I might’ve cut early in maybe 7 days but 5 days seems short. I have a FaceTime appointment with my doctor at the end of month and will ask about adjusting as I get lower. As for TEVA I just refilled yesterday 2 weeks worth they had 5mg in stock. Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. Part of my withdrawal symptoms are fatigue. I’m glad this thread is so active. Much love to you all and I pray everyone is doing well during these times.

-Jimmy

You take care Jimmy and be safe, love right back to you :smitten: :smitten:

Hey everyone, just something a Dr said I really liked,

I heard a Dr say this morning, he uses the term "physical distancing instead of social because people may understand that better, I liked it better too.  People can still be social on FB, twitter, Skype etc;, but physical distancing means Staying Apart!!  Maybe that will sink in for some of the people that just don't seem to get it.      Love you all, Mary

From a member of  bb that has the virus on how to prepare

THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO DO NOW IN CASE YOU CATCH THE VIRUS

1: PREPARE TO HOLD AND MAKE YOUR DOSED AHEAD OF TIME. I am dry cutting and so one thing I did do is cut more pills at my current dose in case I got really sick and couldn't do it while I was sick. That has served me well.

2: TALK TO YOUR PROVIDER AND GET IT SET UP TO HAVE PHONE APPOINTMENTS.

THE GOVERNMENT JUST MADE IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE TO TALK TO YOUR PROVIDER EACH MONTH TO GET YOUR PRESCRIPTION REFILLED.

You don't actually have to see them in person right now. You may want to talk to your provider and get this set up with them.

My provider an I worked out a plan that she could write refills for 10 weeks and that every month when I came in she would update that each time. But since it is a controlled substance you have to see your provider every month but now you can talk to them over the phone or telehealth

3: SEE IF YOU CAN GET YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS MAILED TO YOU. It could take a month or two so do this soon. I already have my scripts mailed to me so this wasn't an issue.

4: TALK TO YOUR PROVIDER AND MAKE PLANS IN CASE THEY GET SICK. Do they have someone to cover for them?

5: MAKE A LIST OF YOU CURRENT PRESCRIPTIONS AND DOSAGES. To take with you in case you have to go to the hospital. You may not be able to get the exact current dose but perhaps something very close, if needed.

I'm sure other people have more suggestions.

Mobykal