Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thanks Olive,

I ended up getting the meds I haven’t been able to sleep the last two days so I’ll break down what happened:

I talked to the manager the other pharmacist wasn’t working. I saw the rude pharmtech whisper “that’s him.” But the pharmacy manager filled my script personally. I asked her hey you guys don’t take my insurance. She said unfortunately not maybe next year. I explained to her my last refills have been falling on the 14th day so I’m confused and I don’t refill early. So I pretty much told her I just want to build a relationship with my pharmacist so y’all know what’s going on. She said of course. I said I had a really bad reaction to alprazolam from another doctor. I have to go to Austin every two months to see my current one. I told her I follow my taper program strictly and missed my dose this morning since it’s the 15th day. She seemed compassionate and was like oh no make sure you take it right away. I asked if she heard of the ashton manual I’m on she said yes but hasn’t read it and has heard of my doctor in Austin. She said only she has authority to put stuff in the computer so she will do that and try to get me refilled a day or two ahead so I don’t miss my dose. Hopefully she sticks to her word

So what I learned from my pharmacist friend. She said a lot of pharmacists are trained to red flag and look out for people that pay cash vs using insurance because many resellers do that. It mainly applies if you’re going to a new pharmacy where they don’t know anything about you. She also said they’re trained to be somewhat mean to the patient if she doesn’t know their history or if they’ve been jumping pharmacies exception is if you work on the other side of town and consistently use the same pharmacies. They also take notes of you for instance opioids they get checked by the gov the pharmacist has to explain why the patient has been filling pain meds based off of (judgement) or patient to pharmacist relationship. I think only the manager has authorization to override the system at certain chains. She also said it’s to protect their license. That’s what it comes down to unfortunately. So in my case I think the whole dea clearing script was a lie. It went through in an hour this morning.

-Jimmy

Jimmy, I’m glad you were able to get things cleared up and it sounds like you are building a good relationship with the pharmacist who helped you today. I think many of us can empathize with the worry of not having our prescriptions ready on time (that worry is part of why I have a stockpile). There is one pharmacist at the CVS I go to that is very familiar with my situation and is really understanding and kind. I always hope she’s the one I see when I go in. Be well.  :smitten:

Thank you kitsune. I wish I had a stockpile now after the pharmacy mishap. My doctor has me on the Ashton manuals direct schedule. I only get enough for the next cut per 2 weeks. I’m going to talk to my doctor about slowing down if needed. Hopefully he will be understanding about it. I’m so thankful for this positive thread. Thanks to all that have contributed I know can’tfly welcomed me along with others. I’m sorry if I missed anyone. I appreciate all of you and pray we get through this day by day.

-Jimmy

Thanks Olive,

I ended up getting the meds I haven’t been able to sleep the last two days so I’ll break down what happened:

I talked to the manager the other pharmacist wasn’t working. I saw the rude pharmtech whisper “that’s him.” But the pharmacy manager filled my script personally. I asked her hey you guys don’t take my insurance. She said unfortunately not maybe next year. I explained to her my last refills have been falling on the 14th day so I’m confused and I don’t refill early. So I pretty much told her I just want to build a relationship with my pharmacist so y’all know what’s going on. She said of course. I said I had a really bad reaction to alprazolam from another doctor. I have to go to Austin every two months to see my current one. I told her I follow my taper program strictly and missed my dose this morning since it’s the 15th day. She seemed compassionate and was like oh no make sure you take it right away. I asked if she heard of the ashton manual I’m on she said yes but hasn’t read it and has heard of my doctor in Austin. She said only she has authority to put stuff in the computer so she will do that and try to get me refilled a day or two ahead so I don’t miss my dose. Hopefully she sticks to her word

So what I learned from my pharmacist friend. She said a lot of pharmacists are trained to red flag and look out for people that pay cash vs using insurance because many resellers do that. It mainly applies if you’re going to a new pharmacy where they don’t know anything about you. She also said they’re trained to be somewhat mean to the patient if she doesn’t know their history or if they’ve been jumping pharmacies exception is if you work on the other side of town and consistently use the same pharmacies. They also take notes of you for instance opioids they get checked by the gov the pharmacist has to explain why the patient has been filling pain meds based off of (judgement) or patient to pharmacist relationship. I think only the manager has authorization to override the system at certain chains. She also said it’s to protect their license. That’s what it comes down to unfortunately. So in my case I think the whole dea clearing script was a lie. It went through in an hour this morning.

-Jimmy

That is great news Jimmy! It sounds like you are doing everything right. It's nice to know that even at big corporations, there are people there that will listen to  you and take the time to see what is really going on.

Thanks Olive,

-Jimmy

That is great news Jimmy! It sounds like you are doing everything right. It's nice to know that even at big corporations, there are people there that will listen to  you and take the time to see what is really going on.

Finally figured out how to do the quote reply.  ;D My doctor had to call them to ask them why they were being mean to me. My pharmacist friend says usually the pharmacists try to resolve the problem or apologize if a doctor calls in and yells at them. So my doctor mentioned hey there’s no reason to be mean to him he’s not doing anything wrong and is trying to taper off of a drug. I’m sure the pharmacist manager put it in her notes in the computer after that hopefully. My friend said usually that’s their protocol for their patient relationship thing.

-Jimmy

Since fwb. 24 I c/o to 15 mg Diazepam, from 15 mg Oxazepam and 5-15 mg Ambien .

The crossover went great! I got rid of the adrenaline rushes chasing through my body, the anxiety and the severe tensed muscles in neck and shoulders. I’ve let this stabilize for ten days, then started to taper off 1 mg a week. Every day about 0,11 mg less from a half 2 mg diazepamtablet. (One  half tablet weighs about 0,78-0,80 mg). So first day 2 whole 2 mg. tablets and 0.69 mg of a half tab. Second day 2 tablets of 2 mg + 0,58 mg of a half tab. and so on. First week tapering morning dose, second week tapering midday dose and so on. I’m in  week  2 now, going to 13 mg a day. The only thing that’s bothering me is that I’m short of breath, unresty breathing. I’m also suffering from COPD 4 (emfysemia). I also notice I get a bit anxious as I hear or read about Corona and so. Then I start breathing unrestly as well. Is this the effect of the tapering of the diazepam? I’m also very tired, my doctor assured me that was the diazepam.Because it are not very unbearable symptoms, I’m planning to go on with the tapering like thos. Will the symptoms likely  decrease in time?

Hi jokkio, yes they definitely could be Withdrawal, but with copd, please be careful and if you feel the need to, see a Dr..

Feeling more anxious because of CV is very very common.  I am, all of my friends are.  This is a very unusual rough time for everyone, and we are withdrawing, so it's especially hard on most of us.

If you can taper now, please go very slow, this is no time to cause your symptoms to ramp up.  Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.  Mary💜

Hi Magnolis

You have really done well considering the 20 plus years of Temazapam. I won't get into the details of last year's (2019) months of insomnia and trying every sleeping pill covered by insurance. Most didn't help for underlying my insomnia was some intractble anxiety which revealed tself via a most stress inducing prostate issue, but, in hindsight, had been under the surface, for years, due to too many major stressors (loss of folks, caregiving and my own health issue and extensive treatments) within a short period of time.

The temzapam was not effective even self updosing to upper theraputic level. Within two months tried Z, temazapam and a terrible drug called Halcion. I discarded all remaining pill yet kept Z for possible one off use in future.

All of the sleeping pills had sx next day. The worse was Halcion. Most only took for three weeks or so. Finally trazadone my old sleep aid was more effective when combined with the regular benzo.

So, you are tough that is for sure and down to just a tiny amount of V is a big accomplishment.

I am new and lack experience in benzo issues. However, I understand many of your s/x's-fatigued, poor sleep and awakening, emotional fluctuatationes etc. Yet they seem to be improving (Studying, reading and practcing mindfulness/loving-kindness/meditation--has helped a great deal. Not to eliminate sx's of stressors but to understand how to accept a bit more. I now think about my sx's as being in good company--we are all sharing similar experiences.) These days we live in a hyper stress inducing culture even when we are home and safe, e.g. CVirus etc. I am slowing my taper for a few weeks. Once down to 2 mg will be feeling my oats--so to speak--2 mg is miniscule as compared to X and C's (mean interdose demanding drugs!).

Present, I am down to 1/6 of the X equivalency began using last March about this time. That is not too bad. Often think about it when feel a need to speed things up or feel like I should have been done with the taper by now. Though, I did hit the crossover quickly and reduced dose rapidly late last year.

Magnolis are you in a cannabis friendly state? If so, I do have one suggestion.

Also, are you taking any other drugs like trazadone etc.

Feel better--all sx's are impermanent.

Cheers

Blu,

I am in a legal state. What’s your recommendation?

Magnolis

I PM'ed you. If you did not receive let me know.

Thought, might be better to do so thinking this discussion could be off topic on this thread.

But, feel free to share with anyone on this or other threads, if you find it to be beneficial.

Cheers

Post by Baby Spice, please read, about our meds and Dr visits during National Emergency

After much research found some informative answers:  https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/coronavirus.html

Telemedicine

On January 31, 2020, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services issues a public health emergency (HHS Public Health Emergency Declaration).

Question: Can telemedicine now be used under the conditions outlined in Title 21, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 802(54)(D)?

Answer: Yes

While a prescription for a controlled substance issued by means of the Internet (including telemedicine) must generally be predicated on an in-person medical evaluation (21 U.S.C. 829(e)), the Controlled Substances Act contains certain exceptions to this requirement. One such exception occurs when the Secretary of Health and Human Services has declared a public health emergency under 42 U.S.C. 247d (section 319 of the Public Health Service Act), as set forth in 21 U.S.C. 802(54)(D). Secretary Azar declared such a public health emergency with regard to COVID-19 on January 31, 2020. (https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/01/31/secretary-azar-declares-public-health-emergency-us-2019-novel-coronavirus.html). For as long as the Secretary’s designation of a public health emergency remains in effect, DEA-registered practitioners may issue prescriptions for controlled substances to patients for whom they have not conducted an in-person medical evaluation, provided all of the following conditions are met:

The prescription is issued for a legitimate medical purpose by a practitioner acting in the usual course of his/her professional practice

The telemedicine communication is conducted using an audio-visual, real-time, two-way interactive communication system.

The practitioner is acting in accordance with applicable Federal and State law.

Provided the practitioner satisfies the above requirements, the practitioner may issue the prescription using any of the methods of prescribing currently available and in the manner set forth in the DEA regulations. Thus, the practitioner may issue a prescription either electronically (for schedules II-V) or by calling in an emergency schedule II prescription to the pharmacy, or by calling in a schedule III-V prescription to the pharmacy.

Important note: If the prescribing practitioner has previously conducted an in-person medical evaluation of the patient, the practitioner may issue a prescription for a controlled substance after having communicated with the patient via telemedicine, or any other means, regardless of whether a public health emergency has been declared by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, so long as the prescription is issued for a legitimate medical purpose and the practitioner is acting in the usual course of his/her professional practice. In addition, for the prescription to be valid, the practitioner must comply with any applicable State laws.

Thanks Mary!!  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that but clearly, things seem to be getting more dire by the day.  Now, praying there's no shortage of meds.....

Thanks Mary!!  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that but clearly, things seem to be getting more dire by the day.  Now, praying there's no shortage of meds.....

To be safe, I have a few months supply. Living in Thailand, the doctors don't really understand tapering, so I just ask for my normal 20 mg. Actually, I have more like 1 year's supply, but  I'll be off by then.

I have a ton of clonazepam but that's not what I take anymore.  I switched doctors and she is very stingy with the meds but otherwise, wonderful.  I have about 1 month saved but that's it.  I'm going to voice my concerns to her about it all next week but I doubt she would give me any extra.  Her own reputation in her organization is on the line so for her, it's important for others to note my decrease.

My TEVA diazepam labels either show TEVA or IVAX but the pills are both the same - I believe TEVA acquired IVAX many years ago?  I notice with my liquid, it's now made by West-Ward but the label still says Roxane.  I tried Mayne for a few days while early in my c/o and it didn't feel right to me.  I pray we aren't gonna go through some sort of generic switch/drug shortage here like with Klonopin.

My main concern is drug shortage from cv . The raw materials are made in China and India. India already said they are holding back some drugs. I also take sertraline and only want aribindo, which is made in India.  What about Mayne didn’t feel right?

Yikes. These are SCARY times!  I so wish I wasn't on this crap and didn't have to worry about this.  I also take 50 mg of Sertraline and can only handle the Lupin brand.  I can't tolerate the Aribindo and have like 60 pills that are just laying around b/c of it.  Honestly, I think I'm just so sensitized and that's the reason - I do believe a big part of it has to do with what you are used to, what generic you start with.  The Mayne just felt weaker, I think.  I was shaking more.  I am going to be asking my doctor for a 90 day supply of all my meds and am praying that she will go for it given everything that is going on here.  I am getting ready to transfer another 1 mg to liquid (Roxane/Westward) as well, I hope. 

Hi,

As you can tell from my signature,  I've been tapering since January of last year. Now down to just under 3 mgs.

My biggest issues are: muscle stiffness, neuropathy in feet ( both causing big problems with walking), insomnia,  daily morning nausea, morning anxiety.

Insomnia wasn't a big problem until a few weeks ago. Now it is. Walking getting worse quickly.

Question: does anyone here have all these issues too? Any response is welcome. Thanks.

Ugh!  You have to be kidding me?  I wonder if this is temporary due to the manufacturers not having enough of the ingredients from China/India?  Or if they instead are switching over to manufacturing the Malaria drug.  So is Walgreens only able to fill you with Mayne?  You would think that there would still be enough medication in stock to last a while.

No, she said it’s permanent.  No more Teva. I’m flipping right now.  I’ve been taking Mylan, which I just read is the strongest one. So to go from that, to a weaker version, would make me sicker.

Vali, we are all thinking of you and your daughter.  We miss you and really hope things aren't too bad.

Please check in if you can.  Love you, Mary 💜🙏☮️💜🙏☮️💜

Mary,

What's wrong with Val's daughter?  I will add her to my prayers.

Magnolis,

So no more Mylan and no more TEVA?  Which puts us down to one manufacturer, which is Mayne?  Not good.  Similar to the clonazepam issue.  I'm going to call my local pharmacist tomorrow to see if there's any way he can get a bottle of TEVA and put my name on it - he knows I am sensitive and he's done the same with Lupin.  I "guess" I'm somewhat blessed that I have some 80 - 10 mg tablets of TEVA that I never used.  If I compounded those into Oraplus or something similar, I could make them go a long way.  Either that, or I will just transition to the Roxane/Westward completely as Mary has done.  I'm so tired of these manufacturers doing this.  Can't wait to be free of this poison so there's no longer this fear. 

Magnolis,

I just called my CVS pharmacy and spoke to pharmacist there, even though I don't use them anymore.  He just told me that TEVA is still their preferred generic and he's not aware of anything.  He said that it could be that the NDC# that the pharmacy had previously used has changed - he said that does sometimes happen.  He said it was possible that they are getting ready to stop but he's not heard - how would a Walgreen pharmacist know of that?  He also told me that Valium 2 mg is not really used/dispensed to many so as of now, they have plenty in stock.  This makes me feel better but I may just call TEVA tomorrow just to check. 

Magnolis,

I just called my CVS pharmacy and spoke to pharmacist there, even though I don't use them anymore.  He just told me that TEVA is still their preferred generic and he's not aware of anything.  He said that it could be that the NDC# that the pharmacy had previously used has changed - he said that does sometimes happen.  He said it was possible that they are getting ready to stop but he's not heard - how would a Walgreen pharmacist know of that?  He also told me that Valium 2 mg is not really used/dispensed to many so as of now, they have plenty in stock.  This makes me feel better but I may just call TEVA tomorrow just to check.

I can vouch for the 2 mg not being used very often. All of my scripts for 2 mgs from the last 6 months have the same expiration date (I think the 5 mg I have for several months worth also have the same expiration date).