Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi guys,

I want to start tapering. My updose had mixed reviews 6 weeks ago. i just have not stabilized the way I had hoped after 5 months. The updose brought nausea and increased fatigue and took away some terror,insanity, and neurological symptoms. I don’t feel like I am on a upward trend, This causes me unbelievable despair because After 7 months like this, I wanted some hope.

. I have had 2 windows (meaning I didn’t feel terrible )since updose but generally I don’t function much. Fatigue all encompassing and kept me from working and doing most functions since Sept. So at this point, I want to see if the slow micro liquid taper will help.

I started just with a 1 mg liquid in vodka /water solution before I begin the taper to get used to liquid again. Is it normal for that to affect sleep? Last 2 nights were affected.  I never had an issue before,

Secondly, within about 5 weeks I need to switch diazapam manufacturers. Due to my sensitivity, I want to do this over 4 weeks,  Should I do this before the taper?

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi guys,

I want to start tapering. My updose had mixed reviews 6 weeks ago. i just have not stabilized the way I had hoped after 5 months. The updose brought nausea and took away some terror And insanity.

. I have had 2 windows since updose but generally I don’t function much. Fatigue is a huge symptom.

I started just with a 1 mg liquid in vodka /water solution before I begin the taper to get used to liquid again. Is it normal for that to affect sleep? I never had an issue before,

Secondly, within about 5 weeks I need to switch manufacturers. Due to my sensitivity, I want to do this over 4 weeks,  Should I do this before the taper?

Thanks for any feedback.

I can't say Magnolis, benzo's act so differently with each person, but imo, it shouldn't effect your sleep if it hasn't been.  Are you sure you want to taper right now?  The Covid19 over the next month, is suppose to be a really rough period.  I honestly would hold but you need to do what you feel is right for you.  Definitely, if changing manufacturer, do it rather slowly before any tapering and once completely switched over, hold for a while then so you body can adapt to the new one.  Remember, especially right now, every change you make with benzo, go slow.  :smitten:

Thanks Mary. That makes sense. How do you slowly switch pills? A milligram at a time or 1/2milligram.

Also lurking in my mind is tolerance wd. Could that be the reason I never stabilized? I have new symptoms now.

Thanks Mary. That makes sense. How do you slowly switch pills? A milligram at a time or 1/2milligram.

Also lurking in my mind is tolerance wd. Could that be the reason I never stabilized? I have new symptoms now.

Most people switch doses , how much are you dosing and how much is each dose?

1 , 2, 1.    3 doses.  Thank you for helping Mary! This makes more sense. I have 8 weeks worth of old pills.

I should have asked this before, which dose is most important to you?  I would change out least important first, 2 one next, and the one that means the most last.  Switch one, wait a week or so, see how you do, change the next one, same thing, then most important and hold until you feel it's okay to taper.  Taper very slow .  :D:smitten:

And no , I don't think it's tolerance  ;)

Thank you Mary. Just saw news. Doesn’t seem possible.  Absolutely bad time to taper.

I have to agree Magnolis, we will have time to taper later, right now we need to be as stable as possible  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Magnolis.  I am sorry to hear of the trouble you seem to be experiencing with the homemade liquid.  A buddy of mine on here, every time she switches out a 2 mg pill to liquid taper with liquid (vodka/water), she does have issues.  I just switched out another 1 mg of my TEVA to Roxane and I didn't notice but I'm on a higher dose and already on partial liquid.  I am SO, SO sorry that the updose/hold was not in your favor.  I understand that completely after my own hold did nothing but make me worse.  I know of some others that it makes better - all things benzos are unpredictable, which makes it so much more maddening.  I hope slowly microtapering will go well for you.  Getting off is going to bring the most healing for so many of us, it seems.

Hugs!

One last question about manufacturer change in diazapam. I am going to switch the future tapering dose . I’ve done 3 days of liquid.  Should I do this switch in liquid or get used to pill  form first?

One last question about manufacturer change in diazapam. I am going to switch the future tapering dose . I’ve done 3 days of liquid.  Should I do this switch in liquid or get used to pill  form first?

So you are on Liquid Diazapam now or on homebrew?  Some people don't have any trouble changing manufacturers, some do.  Why are you changing?

Home brew. I’ve been on mylan throughout my taper. They stopped production of 2 mg. My supply is running out and I have to change to Teva. So should I liquify the tapering dose of teva right away? That will be my first change out. Or should I take it in pill form first?

Home brew. I’ve been on mylan throughout my taper. They stopped production of 2 mg. My supply is running out and I have to change to Teva. So should I liquify the tapering dose of teva right away? That will be my first change out. Or should I take it in pill form first?

Darn, that's a hard one.  I am going to say take it like you do now.  Are you going to straight pills after this first change? 

The last 3 days, I started liquefying the tapering dose because I was going to taper soon. So I don’t know if i should continue with just that dose as liquid. It would be one less change down the road BUT will liquefying 1st change be a problem. I’m not having much luck with my decisions lately.

The last 3 days, I started liquefying the tapering dose because I was going to taper soon. So I don’t know if i should continue with just that dose as liquid. It would be one less change down the road BUT will liquefying 1st change be a problem. I’m not having much luck with my decisions lately.

That's the thing with benzo's, there is no hard and fast rule about anything benzo's, because each person reacts differently.  I am only guessing here, continue your first dose as you are doing, and just leave the other 2 the same. 

You might want to ask on Withdrawal Support thread too.  More people will read it and you will get more answers.  Let's see what others recommend.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Mary.  I think I’m just going to go back to pill form. I’m sure the body metabolizes the two methods differently. I need any advantage I can get.  I pray this goes ok.

Thanks Mary.  I think I’m just going to go back to pill form. I’m sure the body metabolizes the two methods differently. I need any advantage I can get.  I pray this goes ok.

Me too  :smitten:  It's all so hard to figure out, but you know your body better than anyone ♥️

Hair loss......I think I have lost tons of hair. When I comb or brush...when I shampoo....the roots are all clubbed. I am so sad. I know the fear of the coronavirus coupled with the tapering is just playing havoc. Please please, anyone, can you tell me if and when your hair grew back? Was it after you jumped? Not at all? I am so scared.

Hair loss......I think I have lost tons of hair. When I comb or brush...when I shampoo....the roots are all clubbed. I am so sad. I know the fear of the coronavirus coupled with the tapering is just playing havoc. Please please, anyone, can you tell me if and when your hair grew back? Was it after you jumped? Not at all? I am so scared.

It should come back when the stress on your body eases off.. I mist have done half a dozen hair loss cycles over as many years -and while in hospital just after the accident.. How are your nails..??

You may wish to try (slowly at first) some B12, or even a B complex if the B12 goes ok.. There might be some other sups too, but thats beyond what I know...

:)

It should come back when the stress on your body eases off.. I mist have done half a dozen hair loss cycles over as many years -and while in hospital just after the accident.. How are your nails..??

You may wish to try (slowly at first) some B12, or even a B complex if the B12 goes ok.. There might be some other sups too, but thats beyond what I know...

Thank you.....your words reassured me.

Hi there.  I've heard of people who have used Ashwaganda but supposedly, it effects GABA so I've read it's not recommended.  Not sure about Vitamin C. 

Thank you, is there hidden msg in spice extract? I ate chicken schnitzel and it gave me a racing heart. I'm unsure if the vitamin C caused it or the chicken schnitzel. The packaging of the chicken didn't mention msg but it did mention spices extract which I've read on here is a hidden msg.

Just a little update here and a positive message.

Since March 5, I c/o from 15 mg oxazepam and 5-15 mg zolpidem to15 mg diazepam. Three times a day 1 tablet of 5 mg Diazepam. Al worked out so fine! No more anxiety, much better sleep at night, happier feeling, creativity coming back, wonderful!

After about 10 days stabilizing I started tapering, 1 mg per week. Each day a little less from a half tablet till on the end of the week, the half tablet is gone (half tablet of 2 mg. , so 1 mg.). Now I’m on 10 mg Diazepam, without severe sxs. Sometimes a little restless, sometimes very tired, but I also have cOPD 4, so sxs are really difficult to say wher they come from. But, life is so much. nicer to me now!

The anxiety has gone, no fear anymore, what a relief! I can really enjoy creativity again, being outside in the sun, reading, watching films, playing on my Ipad. I sleep 7-8 hours at night. I’m so grateful.

I hope this will go on like this till I’m at 0 mg.

Time will learn, but so far, so good!

Just a little update here and a positive message.

Since March 5, I c/o from 15 mg oxazepam and 5-15 mg zolpidem to15 mg diazepam. Three times a day 1 tablet of 5 mg Diazepam. Al worked out so fine! No more anxiety, much better sleep at night, happier feeling, creativity coming back, wonderful!

After about 10 days stabilizing I started tapering, 1 mg per week. Each day a little less from a half tablet till on the end of the week, the half tablet is gone (half tablet of 2 mg. , so 1 mg.). Now I’m on 10 mg Diazepam, without severe sxs. Sometimes a little restless, sometimes very tired, but I also have cOPD 4, so sxs are really difficult to say wher they come drom. But, life is so much. i er to me now!

The anxiety has gone, no fear anymore, what a relief! I can really enjoy creativity again, being outside in the sun, reading, watching films, playing on my Ipad. I sleep 7-8 hours at night. I’m so grateful.

I hope this will go on like this till I’m at 0 mg.

Time will learn, but so far, so good!

Thanks... -Nice to read this..!! :)

Hope things keep going well for you..