Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Weakness?

[gu...]

I’m wondering if people get feelings of weakness all over from not doing much?

[or...]
Posted (edited)

I do when I haven't done much of anything.  What are you doing, tapering off a benzo, or maybe a Cold Turkey?

I'm serious about the weak feeling though, the busier, more active I can keep myself, the stronger I feel, both physically and emotionally during my taper ;)

Edited by [or...]

[Tw...]

I had weakness while taking the benzodiazepines. After I quit, I am full of energy and I am much more active. 

[Tw...]
Just now, [[o...] said:

I do when I have done much of anything.  What are you doing, tapering off a benzo, or maybe a Cold Turkey?

I'm serious about the weak feeling though, the busier, more active I can keep myself, the stronger I feel, both physically and emotionally during my taper ;)

I agree with @[or...]. The busier, more active I keep myself, the stronger I feel too. Thank you all for sharing. 

[Ma...]

@[gu...] Atrophy and deconditioning is real, that’s why it’s important to move and build on that.

If in bed, do leg lifts, bend your knees to your chest, stretch your arms to the ceiling.

Walk around your home, venture out and walk a block, then around the block.

It’s important to get your blood circulating, especially to the brain. 

Walking, gardening, stretching and being consistent, on a schedule of some sort is also a good distraction.

So move, rest and move some more!

[jo...]

I get muscle weakness sometimes but just in specific places. Like recently in my right arm. Weird.

[gu...]
Posted (edited)

I exercise quite a bit. I have no atrophy. It’s just a feeling that comes over me, my whole body.

Edited by [gu...]

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[g...] said:

I exercise quite a bit. I have no atrophy. It’s just a feeling that comes over me, my whole body.

That doesn't sound fun, how long does it last?

[jo...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

That doesn't sound fun, how long does it last?

Mine comes and goes when it feels like it. Same with a lot of my symptoms, not much predictability.

[Ca...]

yes i get it and I also spend a lot of time in bed but i do walk over a mile every day. I was walking three miles a day but have a hip labral tear right now. I will be going to PT starting Monday which will add some movement.  It is hard to find any motivation or energy to do much of anything during this taper. Really have to push through it.

[Ma...]

Weakness also just overcomes me as well. Just randomly.

I’ve been gardening, walking 10,000+ step most days (with naps in between), sometimes stay in bed like today when it’s raining, but none of it matters-that unpredictable weakness just descends.

Super Weird.

[...]

Yes, i do sometimes feel fits of heavy weakness out of nowhere, not that much now though. But i wouldn't be surprised if the feeling comes to me again when in wave.

The days it happens to me, i don't do much, just some necessary routine. And it really seems those days i'm stuck in it forever but it goes the same way as comes. Usually wait it out as the rest of my symptoms.

@[gu...], if you're in this state, hope you'll get over it in no time!)