Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Grams to milligrams conversion help

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Hey, just trying to finish my taper. I’m currently at .125 mg k going to micro taper the rest of the way looking to drop a gram every four days maybe three just trying to figure out what the milligrams conversion would be my current pill gram is .021 g. Twice a day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edited by [Sw...]

[...]

Sorry, @[Sw...], if i misunderstand you. I'm not great at math but would try to help if i see it more clearly. Do you mean your current dose of a pill is 0.021g twice a day (0.042g a day) and it equals 0.125 mg k a day? How many percent is your reduction?

1g=1000mg

0.021g=21mg

Anyway, hope we can draw attention of more knowledgeable people to the thread:)

[An...]

Kate's math is correct. A gram weighs more than a mg. How did you get down to your current .125 mgs of K?

Welcome to BB btw.

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Hey, thanks for replying. I’ve been cut and holding from .5 mg k for four months. Kinda use the Ashton manual. It’s been tough, but I’m currently in a good spot now looking at micro tapering the rest of the way down cut and hold is too brutal. Looking at micro taper every three days .001g feel this would be fairly conservative I’m not sure totally yet how much my brain can keep up but at least I won’t get myself in trouble and then have to hold through the horrible. Your thoughts are much appreciated. Also trying to figure a decent jump off point and yes my current dosage is .021g 2 times a day for a total of .042 g which equals .125 mg

Edited by [Sw...]
  • Like 1

[Tw...]
34 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Hey, thanks for replying. I’ve been cut and holding from .5 mg k for four months. Kinda use the Ashton manual. It’s been tough, but I’m currently in a good spot now looking at micro tapering the rest of the way down cut and hold is too brutal. Looking at micro taper every three days .001g feel this would be fairly conservative I’m not sure totally yet how much my brain can keep up but at least I won’t get myself in trouble and then have to hold through the horrible. Your thoughts are much appreciated. Also trying to figure a decent jump off point and yes my current dosage is .021g 2 times a day for a total of .042 g which equals .125 mg

Congratulations @[Sw...]. It sounds like you are doing an excellent job tapering. I admire you because I had to quit benzodiazepines cold turkey seven weeks ago, and my withdrawal symptoms were really horrible. It took seven weeks for my brain to adjust and to catch up with it no longer receiving tranquilizers. 

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the encouragement. It has been brutal until now. I’m not sure if it’s because my dose is low or my brain just finally caught up. I think it might be a combination of both but it’s the first time since I’ve been tapering. I’m starting to feel like I’m getting normalized. Still have a little ways to go great to hear that you’re doing better cold turkey is something I’ve thought about a lot, but just didn’t want long-term withdrawals even though I’ve only been on Klonopin for four months before I tapered my taper is now longer than the time I took the drug. It will probably be five to 6 months total before I jump thank you for your support

Edited by [Sw...]

[Tw...]
20 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thank you for the encouragement. It has been brutal until now. I’m not sure if it’s because my dose is low or my brain just finally caught up. I think it might be a combination of both but it’s the first time since I’ve been tapering. I’m starting to feel like I’m getting normalized. Still have a little ways to go great to hear that you’re doing better cold turkey is something I’ve thought about a lot, but just didn’t want long-term withdrawals even though I’ve only been on Klonopin for four months before I tapered my taper is now longer than the time I took the drug. It will probably be five to 6 months total before I jump thank you for your support

I am glad to hear that you are tapering. I have read a whole lot that Tapering is the best and safest way to get off of Benzodiazepines. For me, I was forced to quit cold turkey, and I experienced all of the symptoms of benzodiazepines withdrawal violently, except I actually survived. I will keep you in my prayers 🙏 

• Love 1

[Tw...]
Just now, [[T...] said:

I am glad to hear that you are tapering. I have read a whole lot that Tapering is the best and safest way to get off of Benzodiazepines. For me, I was forced to quit cold turkey, and I experienced all of the symptoms of benzodiazepines withdrawal violently, except I actually survived. I will keep you in my prayers 🙏 

I meant that I experienced all of the symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome