Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How you tapering?.

[Ja...]

I’ve tried splitting my daily Valium dose into 4 over 3 hour intervals .and also my daily dose in 2  at 12 hr intervals midnight and midday,.I’m trying to balance 10mg,.I’ve dropped from 15mg recently that I was taking 5mg 3 times a day,and started this year around 30mg, and yea I feel and look like total shit,nerves playing up,and been to see the mental health team a few times since I’ve started,so what I think seems to work slightly better is the 12hr interval dose.there’s some bad waves like,.but splitting your daily into 4 or 3,.feels harder as the dose is smaller,.even when I was on 30 mg I was always taking it in 5mgs,.so I think you brain get used to what ever dose you were giving your brain at a time,.The 12 hour is a push,right now all my nerves around my eyes are going crazy,.ear ache,.pressure points in my face,crazy loud tinnitus,I had that from anti d withdrawal anyway but worse,and that’s with 5 hr untill my night dose!,.but splitting the dose up into 1/4 or 1/3 through the day was to little amount for the brain and very very horrible to deal with.

[Ka...]
Posted (edited)

Hello @[Ja...] I’ve taken valium before. First questions - do you have a doctor supporting you? Are you currently taking any other meds? 

Seems you’ve dropped the valium fast from 30mg to 10mg - no wonder you feel as you do. Recommended benzo reductions are far slower 5-10% say every 4 weeks is usual strategy depending on individual circumstances. Here is a comprehensive taper link in case you haven’t already seen it:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzodiazepine-tapering-strategies/

I dosed every 12 hours. Valium has a long 1/2 life so more frequent dosing is not really necessary. I think your WD symptoms are due to having reduced fast. Go safe, steady & slow & this will allow your system to adapt. Hold reductions to stabilise. I hope this helps. 

Edited by [Ka...]
Additions

[Ja...]

Hi there Katrina,.yea no docs support just yet,There may come a point I’ll need to,.I’ve basically got the next 9 week mapped out to get the last 10 mg out my system,.or that’s what I’m hoping,.I’ve actually tried up dosing to stabilise better 3 to 4 week back and seem to have the tolerance issue,it don’t feel right at all and seems to be working  against me,.to go even further back to a even higher dose I wouldn’t like to go there,I know about the Ashton manual,and there’s another fella on YouTube that explains it very well coming down a very small amount every 5 days,.I must be in a window at the moment as I’m kinda content,unlike a couple hour ago,.it’s defo a strange ordeal,cheers for the reply 

[Ka...]

Bit worried @[Ja...] if you intend to get last 10mg out of system over 9 weeks?

I would encourage you to go slow given your symptoms & hold to stabilise. 

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Yea I know it’s not going exactly by the book,.thing is I done the anti d tapper last year and that how I ended up on these things again,..that made me really ill and it was over months,. I’m actually got a bit of life back with a benzo,.it was only when I started a tapper it like a rebound from last year,.and now the daily dose is making me feel really of sorts like a altered state for a few hour,I’m kinda fine in-between the doses that’s the weird thing,.my minds just feels at its best the more straighter I am,.I’ve put a post up about this as it’s a bit concerning,..hence why I’ve very keen to get of this crap,.like my first dose of 5mg was 12 this afternoon after and it wasted my whole day u till the last hour and I feel fine.

[Ka...]

@[Ja...] Right I understand. Your experience last year is bound to be affecting how you are now. & the fast taper from 30mg this year will impact you now. 

I hope you can get some relief. & input to the other post. 

• Like 1

[ns...]

Hi Jay, sounds like you need a taper schedule. 

We only recommend a slow taper of 5 to 10% and to hold until you're stable. 

I don't know you're taper history except what I'm reading here but sounds like you very much need to back off and taper slowly and on a regular schedule. 

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you post a request for help on the taper strategies board. 

Someone will stop by there abd assist you.  Please remember to go slow and to hold until you're stable ok

Take care 

Ns

[Ka...]
Posted (edited)

Hello @[Ja...] just read your other post (Tues) re temp addition of SSRI & noticed you went down to 2.5mg a night in March. Think the fluctuation in dose is the culprit in your current symptoms.

if you can complete your meds history on your profile this will help us enormously to assist you. 
Taper:
I was assuming mods will shunt this thread over to Taper section - so you don’t have to start story all over again. Many of us have experienced what you are going through & tolerance so we fully understand. 

Edited by [Ka...]
Addition

[re...]

Hi there Katrina,. yea no docs support just yet,There may come a point I’ll need to,.I’ve basically got the next 9 week mapped out to get the last 10 mg out my system,.or that’s what I’m hoping,.I’ve actually tried up dosing to stabilize better 3 to 4 week back and seem to have the tolerance issue,it don’t feel right at all and seems to be working  against me,.to go even further back to a even higher dose I wouldn’t like to go there,I know about the Ashton manual, and there’s another fella on YouTube that explains it very well coming down a very small amount every 5 days,.I must be in a window at the moment as I’m kinda content,unlike a couple hour ago,.it’s defo a strange ordeal,cheers for the reply 

Jay:

PLEASE PLEASE do not consider getting it "out of your system" like this. You will not be happy with the results believe me. Do not up dose any more either. Just.............................HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will stabilize and once you do then you can continue with a HUMANE taper. 9 weeks for 10mg is just asking to be a permanent member on here in the long hauler group. You DON'T want this. 

• Like 3

[re...]

Benzos are not about 'detoxing', but brain adaptations that need to get back to the way they were. The brain is the most mysterious and sensitive organ we have and when you go drugging it with anything (especially benzos) then it takes a long time of micro reductions so your brain has a chance to upregulate in the safest way possible. And especially with Diaz. It really has this delayed effects of cuts. It definitely is a 'self tapering' benzo. But regardless, you don't wanna get surprise slammed from what you are suggesting. 

• Like 2

[re...]

I am not a fan of the 'turtle' taper but I am definitely a fan of a Mark Horowitz style hyperbolic taper to give the brain the best chance possible. 

[Ja...]
4 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Hi there Katrina,. yea no docs support just yet,There may come a point I’ll need to,.I’ve basically got the next 9 week mapped out to get the last 10 mg out my system,.or that’s what I’m hoping,.I’ve actually tried up dosing to stabilize better 3 to 4 week back and seem to have the tolerance issue,it don’t feel right at all and seems to be working  against me,.to go even further back to a even higher dose I wouldn’t like to go there,I know about the Ashton manual, and there’s another fella on YouTube that explains it very well coming down a very small amount every 5 days,.I must be in a window at the moment as I’m kinda content,unlike a couple hour ago,.it’s defo a strange ordeal,cheers for the reply 

Jay:

PLEASE PLEASE do not consider getting it "out of your system" like this. You will not be happy with the results believe me. Do not up dose any more either. Just.............................HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will stabilize and once you do then you can continue with a HUMANE taper. 9 weeks for 10mg is just asking to be a permanent member on here in the long hauler group. You DON'T want this. 

Yea I’ll take the advice pal,I certainly don’t want long term damage from this,.I’ve been sat the last 6 hour absolutely fine,so I’m not withdrawing bad,just that afternoon dose feels wacky for a few hour,and I’m sleeping for 5 to 6 hour after the midnight dose.so not far from stabilising. : )

[Ja...]
53 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Hello @[Ja...] just read your other post (Tues) re temp addition of SSRI & noticed you went down to 2.5mg a night in March. Think the fluctuation in dose is the culprit in your current symptoms.

if you can complete your meds history on your profile this will help us enormously to assist you. 
Taper:
I was assuming mods will shunt this thread over to Taper section - so you don’t have to start story all over again. Many of us have experienced what you are going through & tolerance so we fully understand. 

Cool I’ll try work it out for the history although it’s a bit scattered at times,.it’s only the last week i bought scales and was cutting by half’s,.it’s definitely balanced it’s out more,same times daily to. : )

• Like 1

[re...]

I just care Jay. I have seen enough pain on here and throughout how the medical community treats Psych meds/ benzos like alcohol or addiction medicine. They are two different animals completely.

Dude..................... that is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that you are having these windows and sleeping. This is FACT that you are starting to stabilize. Don't get freaked if you have some waves here and there. It is to be expected.  

• Like 1

[Do...]
5 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Bit worried @[Ja...] if you intend to get last 10mg out of system over 9 weeks?

I would encourage you to go slow given your symptoms & hold to stabilise. 

Totally agree with @[Ka...]

I am at 3.57mg diazepam now it will take me at least 10 months to taper if i get to be the luckiest person in the world and i started from 4mg and took me 2 whole months to get here.

Also, playing with updosing will only take you to kindling and make everything worse.

• Like 1

[Do...]
Posted (edited)
On 03/05/2024 at 20:58, [[K...] said:

Hello @[Ja...] I’ve taken valium before. First questions - do you have a doctor supporting you? Are you currently taking any other meds? 

Seems you’ve dropped the valium fast from 30mg to 10mg - no wonder you feel as you do. Recommended benzo reductions are far slower 5-10% say every 4 weeks is usual strategy depending on individual circumstances. Here is a comprehensive taper link in case you haven’t already seen it:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzodiazepine-tapering-strategies/

I dosed every 12 hours. Valium has a long 1/2 life so more frequent dosing is not really necessary. I think your WD symptoms are due to having reduced fast. Go safe, steady & slow & this will allow your system to adapt. Hold reductions to stabilise. I hope this helps. 

@[Ka...] did you taper from one those to zero and then taper the other or did both simultaniusly?

I am dosing every 12 hours to but not sure if i am doing it right, i started tapering both, one each day, and then i went full on morning dose...

Thanks

Edited by [Do...]

[Ka...]
2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

@[Ka...] did you taper from one those to zero and then taper the other or did both simultaniusly?

I am dosing every 12 hours to but not sure if i am doing it right, i started with both, one each day, and then i went full on morning dose...

Thanks

I didn’t follow a micro taper. Reduction went in 1mg then 0.5mg increments & so I eventually reduced down to once a day dose. Not ideal. It’s all trial & error. I hope it’s going ok for you so far. 

• Like 1

[Do...]
33 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Yea I’ll take the advice pal,I certainly don’t want long term damage from this,.I’ve been sat the last 6 hour absolutely fine,so I’m not withdrawing bad,just that afternoon dose feels wacky for a few hour,and I’m sleeping for 5 to 6 hour after the midnight dose.so not far from stabilising. : )

@[re...] does this sound familiar to you? It sure does to me.

Same problem with the afternoon dose.

i had to half that dose and take some at its time and the rest 2 hours later cause it was making me feel horrible.

It seemed to work fine for me.

• Like 1

[Do...]
4 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I didn’t follow a micro taper. Reduction went in 1mg then 0.5mg increments & so I eventually reduced down to once a day dose. Not ideal. It’s all trial & error. I hope it’s going ok for you so far. 

Yes i am trying to go to once a day dose.

Thanks for the reply.