Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Again

[Sh...]

[Sh...]

Well I tried to do a wow reaction but I’ll just write “wow” instead 😋

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Co...]
1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Colin why can’t I do reactions anymore? Am I in the reaction naughty corner? 
I’m sorry reaction police I’ll be good. 🤗

No more potty mouth… promise 

No, no. There is a daily limit which applies to all. Honest! :D

I'll take look at the limits to see if they might be adjusted. But if they are set too high, and are then used indiscriminately, they become meaningless. Still, I will take a look.

• Love 1

[Co...]

@[Sh...].

It was set at 20 per day. I've raised it to 30 for 'Buddies' - let's see how it goes. I've left at 20 per day for 'Buds' (1-9 posts).

• Love 1

[Sh...]

Ok I will only use it when I really mean it 😂thanks Colin! There’s just too much to react to here! So many great comments x 

That’s beautiful @[Sh...]  
Damn, with scenery like that you should be feeling better in no time. Try to enjoy your Saturday 

• Love 2

[Ju...]

I'm getting mixed feelings on this whole entire post situation and medical doctor situation. Or maybe it's just my Seattle Washington mindset, we don't exactly think normally compared to the rest of the world.

I understand what Colin is saying about therapy providing the individual guidance so that they can help themselves. But who's considering the definition of help in the first place? Generally a psychiatrist or a therapist or a counselor wants people to think like the government intended, not the way they want by human nature. It's like a one-sided definition of help, because most people would rather hang out and relax all day on the beach or go hiking up to the top of a mountain and eat food and go to sleep. That's not what the government wants.

For example, and I've done this in the past so I've got experience. If you go to a therapist and you say I just want to sleep late, I want to listen to heavy metal and electronic and rap music, I want to live in a high-end house without working a job, and I want to party, how do you suggest I do it? They look at you like you're crazy, they start suggesting ways that you can help yourself with jobs, so that you can appreciate 9 to 5:00, so that you can follow government protocols, so that you can follow government laws. But how is that helpful? It's not.

Or take a medical doctor for example. They'll try to talk you into taking vitamins and supplements and eating a government provided pie chart diet with select portions provided by government literature. They'll tell you that you should be taking certain medications so that you can act a certain way, to fit in with a sheep herd society. And you know what the counselor or therapist says in regards to that? They look at your medical chart, and they mirror the medical doctor and prescribe the same advice. The counselor or therapist will tell you to follow the medical doctors advice, so that you can be healthy at your nine-to-five job and follow your government rules. Who's that helping? If that's self-help, it sounds like it's self helping the politicians and legislators and doctors, not the individual.

I can't get into politics and I'm not allowed to doctor bash, or I'd be breaking the rules of this website. So that's about as far as I can go with my statements in regards to self-help and counseling and therapeutic processes. I guess I could just make this a little simpler, everyone has a different definition of what's helpful. Self-help is a perspective, it's nothing more than an opinion.

The only people that are so-called licensed or so-called registered to practice or licensed to provide therapeutic services, are the ones that the government chooses. These so-called experts have been given licenses, as long as they mirror the government's perspective in other words, they're only licensed or qualified because they're dishing out government perspectives and opinions. I don't see how that is self-help whatsoever.

Now am I saying that the government is wrong about everything? No of course not, but they're definitely jaded. If they weren't jaded, there wouldn't be separate political parties constantly fighting with no end in sight. But sometimes the government helps us, sometimes it keeps us safe from deranged murderers. But sometimes it also produces them, right? Sometimes the government keeps our food safe. Sometimes the government provides us with food that kills us, right? There's always two sides to everything. Therapeutic services is one side of the argument, ask people from Seattle Washington or Native Americans what they think of the other side of the argument.

[Sh...]
Posted (edited)

I hate drs. There I said it. Bash bash bash. Drs tried to kill me. I think that means I’m entitled to say I don’t trust any except emergency drs.  
every time my husband talks about what happened to me he cries. He thought he would lose me every day for about 2 years. They had me so poly drugged it’s a miracle I survived. It’s inhumane what they consider therapeutic. 
my psychiatrist told me coming off antidepressants is just like having the flu. Spoken like someone who has no experience to make comments like that for sure.

Edited by [Sh...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ju...]
15 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I hate drs. There I said it. Bash bash bash. Drs tried to kill me. I think that means I’m entitled to say I don’t trust any except emergency drs.  
every time my husband talks about what happened to me he cries. He thought he would lose me every day for about 2 years. They had me so poly drugged it’s a miracle I survived. It’s inhumane what they consider therapeutic. 
my psychiatrist told me coming off antidepressants is just like having the flu. Spoken like someone who has no experience to make comments like that for sure.

I agree 100%. I would bash along with you, but in the past I've been suspended off of this website quite a few times. I figure following the rules and reading posts and trying to help others as much as I can, is better than not at all. And Trust me, I've gotten so pissed at the moderation on this website before that I voluntarily left for several months at a time. But still, I come back because of the benefits and enjoyment of the different perspectives from around the world on doctors and pills.

Without being allowed to bash doctors, I can tell you one thing, everybody seems to have the same perspective about psychiatry. Look at our numerous members from all different parts of the world, and they all seem to dislike psychiatry. Even Psychiatry themselves these days, they're starting to change their mindsets and perspectives. Psychiatry has always been authoritarian for the most part, it's been a part of the criminal justice system, it's been pro-government and Pro-order since the beginning. Hopefully that changes soon.

I think the major question we all ask ourselves on this website, isn't the medical profession supposed to help us and make us feel better? If so, then why are they making us feel worse and treating us like prisoners? I think that's what we're all wondering.

And yes, they actually did kill me a couple times. I flatlined because of doctors quite a few times, I even went into a coma once with breathing tubes shoved down my throat. I had to communicate with doctors on a notepad with a pen because I couldn't speak. I've also been forcefully injected with medications from psychiatrists and nurses, I've been disrespected by every kind of doctor out there. They're also the ones that prescribed the government mandated pills and put us in this deadly bind. They're also the ones prescribing the world their medical advice right now, and the world is sicker than ever mentally and physically. So without Dr bashing, I think we're all aware of the reality regardless.

• Like 1

[he...]
On 13/03/2024 at 21:13, [[S...] said:

No I haven’t heard that. I’ll look it up.

Bet she hasn’t experienced our kinda insomnia tho! Lite weight 😂

I hope not but it was still pretty severe, like 2+ yrs of many 0 nights. I wonder if she had a short benzo use after her dad died and that triggered it but she never knew, she thought it was caused by stress but she went overnight from a great sleeper to 2 yrs of not being able to do anything because of bad insomnia. And then after 2ish yrs got better... sounds benzo like to me. But who knows.

• Like 1

[he...]

Ughh been up since 2 am. Literally all week was back to a good night folllowed by a bad night or just super wave day, ughhhhh. Go from one day feeling like making plans to the next wondering how i will drag through the day with all kind of freaky brain sensations. Anyone else so wavy up and down up and down?

• Sad 1

[he...]
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

I agree 100%. I would bash along with you, but in the past I've been suspended off of this website quite a few times. I figure following the rules and reading posts and trying to help others as much as I can, is better than not at all. And Trust me, I've gotten so pissed at the moderation on this website before that I voluntarily left for several months at a time. But still, I come back because of the benefits and enjoyment of the different perspectives from around the world on doctors and pills.

Without being allowed to bash doctors, I can tell you one thing, everybody seems to have the same perspective about psychiatry. Look at our numerous members from all different parts of the world, and they all seem to dislike psychiatry. Even Psychiatry themselves these days, they're starting to change their mindsets and perspectives. Psychiatry has always been authoritarian for the most part, it's been a part of the criminal justice system, it's been pro-government and Pro-order since the beginning. Hopefully that changes soon.

I think the major question we all ask ourselves on this website, isn't the medical profession supposed to help us and make us feel better? If so, then why are they making us feel worse and treating us like prisoners? I think that's what we're all wondering.

And yes, they actually did kill me a couple times. I flatlined because of doctors quite a few times, I even went into a coma once with breathing tubes shoved down my throat. I had to communicate with doctors on a notepad with a pen because I couldn't speak. I've also been forcefully injected with medications from psychiatrists and nurses, I've been disrespected by every kind of doctor out there. They're also the ones that prescribed the government mandated pills and put us in this deadly bind. They're also the ones prescribing the world their medical advice right now, and the world is sicker than ever mentally and physically. So without Dr bashing, I think we're all aware of the reality regardless.

My mom and her best friend are psychiatrists and had no idea about benzos... my mom prescribed a lot of lorazepam and her friend a lot of clonazep... its because of her friend i even took the clonazepam the ENT gave me for a twitchy inner ear muscle, cause my gut instinct was no thanks. They were both shocked when they saw what happened to me and only then learned what benzos can do. I also told my mom ssris and all the other psych pills are all like poison and she feels very very guilty and bad thinking 35+ yrs she worked in clinics might not have been helping people... she doesnt want to talk about it anymore because she feels so bad. I told her half of the suicides were probably because ppl felt so horrible from the drugs... she was retired whwn my benzo thing happened, i dont think she would have ever been ok anymore with prescribing a benzo, but sadly she probably would have lost her job cause it was very pill oriented in the major clinics.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ju...]
44 minutes ago, [[h...] said:

My mom and her best friend are psychiatrists and had no idea about benzos... my mom prescribed a lot of lorazepam and her friend a lot of clonazep... its because of her friend i even took the clonazepam the ENT gave me for a twitchy inner ear muscle, cause my gut instinct was no thanks. They were both shocked when they saw what happened to me and only then learned what benzos can do. I also told my mom ssris and all the other psych pills are all like poison and she feels very very guilty and bad thinking 35+ yrs she worked in clinics might not have been helping people... she doesnt want to talk about it anymore because she feels so bad. I told her half of the suicides were probably because ppl felt so horrible from the drugs... she was retired whwn my benzo thing happened, i dont think she would have ever been ok anymore with prescribing a benzo, but sadly she probably would have lost her job cause it was very pill oriented in the major clinics.

Yes, a lot of the doctors unknowingly caused harm. Usually it's when people get into their older years and retire that they look back on things, and I think retired psychiatrists have a lot of guilt. Did they harm people on purpose? No, but they did whatever they had to do required by the government in order to get their paychecks. I've learned that people will do almost anything for money, even if that means harming people. And I bet if they had to go back in time to when they were still working, they would probably still prescribe it nonetheless, otherwise they wouldn't have a career.

This is why I keep bringing up the government. The government created this nonsense, not the doctors. Big Pharma is the machine behind the pills. Big Pharma is the machine behind the American Psychiatric association. The federal government and big Pharma work in conjunction with each other, with many of the big Pharma High positions associated with politics. Similar to the military industrial complex, they're also married to politics. It's all one and the same, they work together, they give each other guidance, they make the rules and the laws, and they do it with massive amounts of money.

None of these guys are actually above the law, just like presidents aren't above the law either. But whenever they have enough money for Endless litigation, it can pretty much place them above the laws by creating new ones. Lawyers persuade outcomes in court cases, they persuade the judges opinions. The judge's opinions become permanent, written in stone so to speak. These fake trials and fake scientific studies all go in the books, and then it becomes reality. It wasn't real at first, and then it became real. Welcome to government.

This is why so many people are turning their backs on the government's these days. The government doesn't have a clue, the government is nothing more than fine print and court cases and fake trials and money behind politics and lobbying, mass produced foods and medicines, big corporate machines employing millions of people, and legislators thinking they have the power to control all of it.

I've actually filed five lawsuits in the last 2 years. It's almost impossible going Toe to Toe with these high-powered corporations and government people. It's like David fighting goliath, yeah it's possible, but when does it end and how's it going to end? Now that psychiatry and the government and big Pharma are all in it together against the masses, with doctors trying to keep their jobs by conforming to all three, that puts all of us at victim status. Of course they all say otherwise, but that's the reality of it.

So what's the solution? Well, look at the world right now. Fighting Wars doesn't look like a solution. Taking pills doesn't look like a solution. Corporations taking over doesn't look like a solution. The political parties don't look like a very good solution. The only solution I see is get rid of the government altogether and go back to tribal ways.

• Like 1

Ugg!! Another crappy toxic night! How can it still be like this 28 months out? All I want is some decent sleep again. I go to bed so hopeful that tonight will be the night and every night I get disappointed. The crazy thing is that I sleep a decent amount of hours. It just feels like I am super drunk and hungover when I wake up. Now I get to slog my way thru another Saturday. 

Edited by [...]
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Yes, a lot of the doctors unknowingly caused harm. Usually it's when people get into their older years and retire that they look back on things, and I think retired psychiatrists have a lot of guilt. Did they harm people on purpose? No, but they did whatever they had to do required by the government in order to get their paychecks. I've learned that people will do almost anything for money, even if that means harming people. And I bet if they had to go back in time to when they were still working, they would probably still prescribe it nonetheless, otherwise they wouldn't have a career.

This is why I keep bringing up the government. The government created this nonsense, not the doctors. Big Pharma is the machine behind the pills. Big Pharma is the machine behind the American Psychiatric association. The federal government and big Pharma work in conjunction with each other, with many of the big Pharma High positions associated with politics. Similar to the military industrial complex, they're also married to politics. It's all one and the same, they work together, they give each other guidance, they make the rules and the laws, and they do it with massive amounts of money.

None of these guys are actually above the law, just like presidents aren't above the law either. But whenever they have enough money for Endless litigation, it can pretty much place them above the laws by creating new ones. Lawyers persuade outcomes in court cases, they persuade the judges opinions. The judge's opinions become permanent, written in stone so to speak. These fake trials and fake scientific studies all go in the books, and then it becomes reality. It wasn't real at first, and then it became real. Welcome to government.

This is why so many people are turning their backs on the government's these days. The government doesn't have a clue, the government is nothing more than fine print and court cases and fake trials and money behind politics and lobbying, mass produced foods and medicines, big corporate machines employing millions of people, and legislators thinking they have the power to control all of it.

I've actually filed five lawsuits in the last 2 years. It's almost impossible going Toe to Toe with these high-powered corporations and government people. It's like David fighting goliath, yeah it's possible, but when does it end and how's it going to end? Now that psychiatry and the government and big Pharma are all in it together against the masses, with doctors trying to keep their jobs by conforming to all three, that puts all of us at victim status. Of course they all say otherwise, but that's the reality of it.

So what's the solution? Well, look at the world right now. Fighting Wars doesn't look like a solution. Taking pills doesn't look like a solution. Corporations taking over doesn't look like a solution. The political parties don't look like a very good solution. The only solution I see is get rid of the government altogether and go back to tribal ways.

I think there is some truth to what you guys are saying about the docs being ignorant and not knowing. But I also think that psychiatrist want so badly to be thought of as real doctors that they just diagnose every little thing as needing medication. Think about it. If you go see your GP about some little pain you’re having you will not get prescribed a strong opiate. But if you go see a psychiatrist about some transient grief or depression, the first they do is pull out the prescription pad and give you an ssri or other antidepressant. I read the psychiatry threads on Reddit and it’s unbelievable  the things these docs talk about doing to people.

• Angry 1

6 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Ughh been up since 2 am. Literally all week was back to a good night folllowed by a bad night or just super wave day, ughhhhh. Go from one day feeling like making plans to the next wondering how i will drag through the day with all kind of freaky brain sensations. Anyone else so wavy up and down up and down?

It’s horrible isn’t it? All we did was took a doctors advice for a short amount of time and look at us. I feel like my sleep has permanently screwed. It’s weird how this manifests. For instance, it is impossible for me to nap during the day no matter how exhausted I am but at night when I go to bed I’m usually asleep within 30 minutes with no problems. Now, most nights I get between 5 and 7 hours of sleep but when I wake up my brain is toxic. The closest I can describe it is waking up with the worst hangover ever. My brain is disoriented, dizzy, nauseous, just downright sick. 28 months of this because I took a doctors advice for 2 months. I went from a guy who rarely got sick to a guy that’s been sick every day for over 2 years. I just want my life back

Edited by [...]
  • Angry 1

[Ne...]

Thought I would jump into this interesting thread and share my “progress” to-date.  March 24th will be 33 months in recovery post 3 weeks use of a benzo.    I am finding that although my sleep is still broken, I am sleeping more and less of “pseudo” sleep where I feel I am awake but I have silly stories going on.  I still experience waves of littler perceived sleep but on a much less frequent basis.  My last two windows are producing sleep of 8 hours with only about 3 wake-up's.

One takeaway for me from this dreadful experience is to really question doctors.  I recently had gum surgery where I was prescribed antibiotics for possible infection.  When I asked the probability of infection, I was told it was less than 2%.  I also just had cataract surgery and they were going to give me Versed (a benzo) for sedation of which I refused.  The anesthesiologist really took an attitude when I explained why and she cut me off with her saying she has 20 years of experience and what I was saying was BS!  I went without any sedation and was fine.

Waves this late in the game can be really daunting but I view it that my CNS is just doing some more healing to produce a stronger me of tomorrow.  Healing thoughts to all of you that are sharing those awake times during the night wondering when all of this will be a distant memory.

• Love 1
  • Angry 1

[Ju...]

Xray, now they're doing the same thing with antidepressants. You go to a doctor with a little pain, first thing they do is pull out the prescription pad and start trying to prescribe tricyclic antidepressants as if it's a pain medicine. And even if you don't have anything wrong with you and you say you don't want to take medicine, they still want you to follow up in 2 months regardless. But then you go to the appointment in 2 months, and they suggest medicine again. And even if you do want medicine, they're still using the same ones they've been using for decades, and they're all horrible and hardly do any good in my opinion.

Newbie, yes I'm almost 5 years out and my sleep is still completely broken. Every now and then I'll get a full night's sleep, and all in one go. But usually I lay down and I'm to sleep Within about 30 minutes like you, but then I'll have my second half of my sleep later in the day. I'm not sure why, but it usually takes two different goes in the same day. Once in the early morning, another half late in the day.

Only difference between myself and some of the others, is I took mine for over 20 years. Huge amounts, combined with other things, over 20 years Non-Stop with the exception of a some detoxes here and there. And just to think, over 20 years of my life ruined because I went to a psychiatrist and told them I was having anxiety in the morning. Only to find out 20 years later, the anxiety was from benzos. I was waking up the next morning like you said above, feeling like I was hungover with tremors and anxiety. The psychiatrist labeled me with generalized anxiety disorder and substance abuse because I was drinking a lot as a teenager. Little did they not tell me, their pills was what was causing the shakes and massive anxiety in the morning, because it wasn't anxiety. It was pill withdrawal every morning. So how did they solve that? By labeling it with a DSM-5 diagnosis and throwing massive amounts of pills at me for 20 years as if that would be a magic cure.

You know the other thing I've noticed about doctors? If you go to a neurologist, they'll try to give you their neurology diagnosis of something similar. You go to a psychiatrist, they'll try to give you a psychiatrist diagnosis of something similar. They'll end up trying to agree with each other and keep you on similar meds, so then you have to decide which specialty is correct? There's a lot of doctors these days disagreeing with each other, so you have to keep going back and forth. It's a never-ending cycle that seems

• Like 2

[Ti...]
23 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Xray, now they're doing the same thing with antidepressants. You go to a doctor with a little pain, first thing they do is pull out the prescription pad and start trying to prescribe tricyclic antidepressants as if it's a pain medicine. And even if you don't have anything wrong with you and you say you don't want to take medicine, they still want you to follow up in 2 months regardless. But then you go to the appointment in 2 months, and they suggest medicine again. And even if you do want medicine, they're still using the same ones they've been using for decades, and they're all horrible and hardly do any good in my opinion.

Newbie, yes I'm almost 5 years out and my sleep is still completely broken. Every now and then I'll get a full night's sleep, and all in one go. But usually I lay down and I'm to sleep Within about 30 minutes like you, but then I'll have my second half of my sleep later in the day. I'm not sure why, but it usually takes two different goes in the same day. Once in the early morning, another half late in the day.

Only difference between myself and some of the others, is I took mine for over 20 years. Huge amounts, combined with other things, over 20 years Non-Stop with the exception of a some detoxes here and there. And just to think, over 20 years of my life ruined because I went to a psychiatrist and told them I was having anxiety in the morning. Only to find out 20 years later, the anxiety was from benzos. I was waking up the next morning like you said above, feeling like I was hungover with tremors and anxiety. The psychiatrist labeled me with generalized anxiety disorder and substance abuse because I was drinking a lot as a teenager. Little did they not tell me, their pills was what was causing the shakes and massive anxiety in the morning, because it wasn't anxiety. It was pill withdrawal every morning. So how did they solve that? By labeling it with a DSM-5 diagnosis and throwing massive amounts of pills at me for 20 years as if that would be a magic cure.

You know the other thing I've noticed about doctors? If you go to a neurologist, they'll try to give you their neurology diagnosis of something similar. You go to a psychiatrist, they'll try to give you a psychiatrist diagnosis of something similar. They'll end up trying to agree with each other and keep you on similar meds, so then you have to decide which specialty is correct? There's a lot of doctors these days disagreeing with each other, so you have to keep going back and forth. It's a never-ending cycle that seems

There is a lot of crossover of the same psych meds in neurology/psych. That’s how I ended up in this predicament - from neurology. Over 35 psych meds in a 25 year period. Not daily, not until towards the last 12 years, but a lot and for years on/off. A few times I was put on antidepressants for situational circumstances, like a divorce or death in the family from a PCP, but it wasn’t psych until neurology, oncology and a forced CT landed me there. 

Some of the current preferred treatments for acute pain and/or chronic pain are psych meds in lieu of opioids. They are rewriting the entire medical standard of care with psych meds and new big pharma products in the staring roles. Just look at the American rheumatology standards for care regarding chronic pain associated with autoimmune diseases. 

There is also a trend to the biopsychosocial model which makes tons of sense in theory, but with profit driven medicine being bought out by private equity feels more like a big data grab to me. I truly believe there is a mind component to healing, and a place for all classes of drugs, maybe just not on a daily basis and more for emergencies. 

Hope you are feeling better @[Sh...]. Sorry to jump on your thread, but Justintime said a lot which resonates. I bet the stress you are experiencing is what set you off. I hope you are able to calm your system and get back to baseline soon! Death is hard enough without greedy hands muddying up the grieving process, but unfortunately it seems to happen anytime a settlement is involved. 

• Love 2

[Ju...]

Tinkered, absolutely. Private equity is doing very well financially at the moment as well. Everything is driven by money, and whenever the money shifts to another area, so do the prescribing techniques and the wars and the enemies and energy sources and the financial interests.

Shayna, hopefully we all haven't hijacked your thread too much, trying to stay on topic. It pisses me off that good people from Australia have to lay around crying at 3 years out because of the misery the government put us in. Western medicine, doctors, government, whatever you want to call it. It's all one in the same. And yes, it's completely normal within the benzo community to be suffering this far out, and it's because of the makers of the medicines.

Another gripe of mine with the medical system and big pharma, is that they try to play manipulative games such as by saying, yes but you're not supposed to take them longer than 2 weeks. It's like okay, so why did the medical professional do so? And even if you're not supposed to, is that an excuse for creating the meds in the first place? That would be like saying you're not supposed to drink alcohol for 2 weeks. Does that mean that alcohol is okay? Everyone knows the truth about alcohol, but it's another similarity because people deny that too.

If you take away all the marketing, take away all the medical literature, take away all the medical conditions, and just focus solely on how are these pills being made and where? The answer is pretty simple and straightforward. It's made from a bunch of synthetic chemicals, put into machinery and programmed into g code. The G-Code from the machinery creates certain shapes and it has several axes that go up and down and sideways. The G-Code forms letters and numbers, and it punches out a bunch of pills. These pills are counted and weighed and scanned on conveyor belts, by more machinery.

Eventually all of the g code scanning and machining and programmed weighing and every other industrialization that goes into these synthetic pills, is placed into semi trucks. It's also placed onto shipping barges, which are later distributed across the world with gasoline and oil. Big Oil and big Pharma work hand in hand. This is all synthetically made material, pulled from the ground. The oil is drilled, the Plastics are created from the oils, the Plastics make the containers for the pills, the synthetic pills are made on the rubber conveyor belts, which are turned by metal wheels. The electronics are also dug out of the ground, which create the scanners and infrared and digital processing of these pills. It's all dug out of the ground, it's all synthesized.

And how does Private equity and big Pharma make these Earth-dug and plasticized and syntheticized and digitalized and marketized materials appeal to the masses? That's where Psychiatry comes in, the American Psychiatric association. Big Pharma produces the literature, American Psychiatric association eats it up and disperses it through conditions out of the DSM-5 manuals. Of course it's more complicated than this, it's also tied to the old scholars. The Academia and Old World money Scholars and old College hierarchies get behind this, and teach it to unknowing new graduates. There's always the new graduate seeking their medical degrees, and these are the prime candidates to inform of all the new so-called Western Digital advances.

It's a never-ending cycle, and most likely it will never end. Every single time somebody starts to catch on to what's going on, it's changed again. A new generation comes through, they changed some of the synthetic materials, they changed some of the trials and medical standards, they changed the protocols, and a new generation of medical treatment is born. I feel it's a shame that we're going forward in this direction, instead of going back to tribal ways. I honestly believe the natives and tribal lifestyle was the only good life left.

You might wonder why am I saying the natives and tribal life was the only good one left? It's because look what everybody's fighting over. At the end of the day everybody's fighting for the most scenic land with the best weather and best food. The nicest mountains, the nicest Oceanfront properties. Land is the ruler of the land, mother nature is the top prize. Look at the Sotheby's estates, look at the hall and Hall ranches for 80 plus million dollars. That's what the high rollers are going for, they're called trophy properties.

Now what do the Trophy Properties have to do with all the rest? Because, the natives and the tribal people had that from birth. They didn't have to fight over it, they were already living on it. Sure there were territorial disputes, but the natives didn't believe in owning the land. Everybody shared the natural land, it was everybody's. Now it's dictated and ruled by our governments and big Pharma and Big Oil and the military industrial complex and the stock market hierarchies and everything else. Or as said above by others, private equity. Either you're allowed to have it or you're not allowed to have it, it's no longer shared. This is what the modern world hierarchy has done to the human race, and we can thank the government for that.

• Love 1

[WU...]

Yes but where would we be without the petrochemical industry?  It is not an easy answer. Like Mervyn Peake's Mr Pye, with a devil and an angel on both his shoulders.

And who put the benzene in benzos? Benzene is a petrol derivative with very unpleasant characteristics. Why is it even in these pills? The guy who invented them seems like a kid in a sweetshop his entire life. Leo Sternbach https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Sternbach

Just look at that kind smiling face !  Died aged 97 and was still working at aged 95

but he was happy; he treated chemistry as a passion and said, "I always did just what I wanted to do". 

• Wow 1

[Ju...]
1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

Yes but where would we be without the petrochemical industry?  It is not an easy answer. Like Mervyn Peake's Mr Pye, with a devil and an angel on both his shoulders.

And who put the benzene in benzos? Benzene is a petrol derivative with very unpleasant characteristics. Why is it even in these pills? The guy who invented them seems like a kid in a sweetshop his entire life. Leo Sternbach https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Sternbach

Just look at that kind smiling face !  Died aged 97 and was still working at aged 95

but he was happy; he treated chemistry as a passion and said, "I always did just what I wanted to do". 

Interesting article, so essentially we got poisoned by Nazi medicine. He was playing around with chemicals and escaped the Nazis from holland, started working for big Pharma Roche in New Jersey, ended up dying in Chapel hill. But yeah according to him, he was just having a good time doing what he wanted. Synthesizing pills that would later destroy people's lives, so that Roche could make money.

Seems about right, and FDA says it's safe, and American Psychiatric association says it's medically beneficial, benzene and all. I'm curious where the government gets the information that it's safe to put Benzene and Patrol derivatives into our stomachs like food.

[Co...]
7 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Nasty stuff benzene. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene

And the pills have a nice soft yellow colour using banned E numbers which for some reason they make an exception to use for these pills. I feel so stupid I'm only discovering this now

But that's like saying, water is highly explosive because its constituent elements (hydrogen and oxygen) in combination are highly explosive. Yes, 'benzene' is nasty. But it does not follow that chemicals which include it in its structure are 'nasty'. It just doesn't work like that.

[Ju...]

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/development-approval-process-drugs#:~:text=A team of CDER physicians,drug is approved for sale.

But this on the other hand, proves that there's no such thing as "safe" behind pharmaceuticals. Essentially these chemicals were made in a chemistry lab, and they were purposely made into a certain form that would pass this panel. Once it passed the panel, it was given to lab animals. Once they decided that the lab animals didn't die or suffer, even though they wouldn't have a clue, they started testing them on human beings.

So who's the decide whether or not Benzene is safe in the first place? A mouse, a gerbil? Maybe some psychiatric patients afterwards in a mental hospital? Maybe with some double blind studies, because they didn't die on the spot?

Or maybe cancer is a side effect of benzene? Maybe we've been trying to find the solution for cancer for too long, when the cancer was caused by the Benzene in the Food and Drugs that the government provides? I would say that's possible. Benzene is highly cancer-forming, and only drives from crude oil and volcanic eruptions and forest fires mainly.

I will take the side opposite of the government's perspective.