Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Again

[Sh...]

[Ma...]
5 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Exactly, so why don't you walk away if you don't like it? Me and the members on this post we're having a good favorable positive conversation, before all you guys started chiming in.

We were all talking about our disgust of the psychiatric pills we were prescribed, and talking about how the government has gone in a negative path recently. And then look what happened, the moderators got involved and made the whole entire post negative.

Maybe it's a moderator problem and not a members posting problem.

Not sure I understand your point or condescending tone.  I do like the site and its moderators, that’s the point I was making.  Why would I leave?

[Co...]
16 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I see another repeat of extreme moderation tactics on this website. This has been going on for the 5 years I've been visiting, it doesn't change. Even when I'm not doing anything against the rules, I get singled out among the other crowds. It's a repetitive thing, they have an agenda on here.

'Extreme'? Really!?

You and I are having back and forth. This takes two of us. You posted on this matter several times over night - and I have still not read everything you wrote.

They're kind of like corrupt police officers, they try to lure you in with bait. They try to piss you off so you'll say something back, and then they try to take action next. And then they say you did it to yourself, like a false arrest.

?

In the process of trying to make their false arrest, they even try to convince you that you don't have First Amendment rights. They tried to manipulate the laws, they try to use their American Psychiatric association trained manipulation tactics to brainwash you. That's what benzo buddies is at this point, manipulative medically connected moderators. They're connected to the medical teams, they try to promote Pro government Pro medical stuff on this website.

Seriously, step back and take a break. You are reading things into my comments which do not exist. I suppose you will read this comment as only confirming what you write there. I digress.

It's so obvious to the people who are intelligent, call me out if you wish, I know the truth. Just like you're going to delete these comments before the rest of the people can see them, you'll Place me on suspension, you'll delete my last comment, and then there won't be any evidence of the argument. Then you can say you won the argument. Go ahead, be my guest again, like you did the other million times over the last years. Take care.

If that was going to happen, it would have already occurred. And as I am sure you are aware, we very rarely remove content. Although I disagree with you, your remarks do not rise to the level where they would be considered for removal (not even close).

[Ju...]
2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Not sure I understand your point or condescending tone.  I do like the site and its moderators, that’s the point I was making.  Why would I leave?

Not sure I understand your bait comments either. Me and the members were having a positive discussion for several days, and then you chimed in this morning with a condescending tone and acting as if you control the space. What's up with these angry people today? Maybe everybody needs to take a chill pill, oh yeah that's right, they all quit taking them.

What guys, everything was positive prior to this morning. What happened? Well, the Europeans tried to silence the Americans and Australians. That's what happens.

Before getting your underwear in a wad, go back to the beginning of the post and see how we were all positive and having a good time. That's what matters, we were supporting each other. Now look, the European Monarch dictators started a war with the Americans and australians.

Why are you asking me to leave? I was here before you. What are you contributing to the support topic? Have any of the moderators or any of the new members from this morning contributed anything to the well-being of the original post or the support topic? Apparently not. Me on the other hand, I actually did.

[Co...]
13 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I could have just made the simple for the moderators. Don't single me out, I'm an American.

Americans value their freedom, and they will not be silenced or persuaded by Europeans who don't favor their freedom. Europeans are free to take any action they wish, but the Americans will not be silenced regardless.

If you feel that your European website is better without American values, or you wish to pick and choose which Americans to value and listen to, let that be known publicly, that is your agenda. Feel free to take your next move. Take care if we don't speak again.

Your posts were the first I read. It really is that simple. I have no idea if other posts require me to address - I still have not had time to read them due to the back and forth with you.

[Ma...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

Why are you asking me to leave?

I didn’t ask you to leave.  

[Co...]
15 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

They are very good moderators.  You need good moderators to make the site work.   I guess my point is that I’ve had numerous legitimate debates/discussions/disagreements on here with various members without ever getting kicked to the curb or even worse, getting tossed off.  There are some truly awful, awful benzo support sites and moderators out there, but not on this site, in my opinion.

Thank you, @[Ma...]. And just about anyone who has experienced the other sites over the years understands this.

• Like 1

[Ju...]

Okay guys, I'm actually finding some humor in this whole situation now. This morning started off a little negative with the monarchy dictatorship going on from over there in europe. I was simply trying to express my American values, and everybody was giving me a hard time about it.

The original poster was australian, and I really like their style, she seems like a cool person. We were all supporting each other, that's all that matters. And then look what happened, and why?

I feel like we're in a first grade classroom having irrelevant arguments at this point. None of this ever needed to be stated in the first place, it was wasted time. Or you could look at it like it was a good argument, me and Colin both like good arguments I suppose.

How about this, can we call a truce between my American freedom and the Australian poster and the monarch moderator? I think world peace is probably more important than technicality arguments over who's got more freedom and who's got the medical bias. I think we should all just get along, considering we've all been through hell and back and we have much bigger things to worry about.

[Co...]
15 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Exactly, so why don't you walk away if you don't like it? Me and the members on this post we're having a good favorable positive conversation, before all you guys started chiming in.

We were all talking about our disgust of the psychiatric pills we were prescribed, and talking about how the government has gone in a negative path recently. And then look what happened, the moderators got involved and made the whole entire post negative.

Maybe it's a moderator problem and not a members posting problem.

So, to be clear.. You wish to post unencumbered to this thread. But, woe betide anyone else with whom you happen to disagree!? Seriously - have a think on that.

[Ju...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

So, to be clear.. You wish to post unencumbered to this thread. But, woe betide anyone else with whom you happen to disagree!? Seriously - have a think on that.

Again,

I feel at this point we might be engaging in a centuries-old monarchy versus American independence arguments. We can battle all day and talk about freedom and American independence from British Monarchy dictators and kings and queens, or we can just move forward and say "hey man, this guy from Seattle Washington got damaged by these medical doctors and he doesn't like it, and we got damaged over here in Europe as well and we don't like it either".

We all agree that medical doctors prescribed us harmful medicine. We all agree that these governments are not cooperating with us regular citizens at the moment. So why are we fighting over it?

[Co...]
14 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hey Colin, without getting into politics, it looks like it's an old monarchy battle again between the Europeans and the Americans. I'm valuing my freedom, escaping the monarchy from Europe.

And look, you're over in Europe valuing the monarchy and trying to silence my freedom from America. Looks like things haven't changed over the years, huh?

Self evidentially, you know nothing of my politics. I am not a monarchist. And I value freedom of expression principles, even when they result in some uncomfortable listening. But I am also a pragmatist. And, pragmatically, we disallow some content at BB, and have some requirements around writing style.

I suspect that we have more in common over free speech matters that you realise (if you were not so fixated upon not being allowed to do what you want at a privately controlled space). My drawing up of restrictions over speech at the space I operate and control is a freedom of expression principle too. Just as it would be for any space you might choose to operate.

[Ju...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Self evidentially, you know nothing of my politics. I am not a monarchist. And I value freedom of expression principles, even when they result in some uncomfortable listening. But I am also a pragmatist. And, pragmatically, we disallow some content at BB, and have some requirements around writing style.

I suspect that we have more in common over free speech matters that you realise (if you were not so fixated upon not being allowed to do what you want at a privately controlled space). My drawing up of restrictions over speech at the space I operate and control is a freedom of expression principle too. Just as it would be for any space you might choose to operate.

I'll tell you what I honestly think in my opinion. I feel like you always have to get the last two words in, otherwise you're not satisfied with your own arguments.

To prove my point, take a step back and look at this whole situation from an outsider's perspective. Originally the poster from Australia made a point about still having sleep troubles at 3 years. I agreed with her, we discussed these issues. Members from Costa Rica and Holland also discussed these issues. Another member from the United Kingdom joined, we were all talking about our disgusting psychiatric pills. None of us violated any rules, none of us Dr bashed, yet the moderator's chimed in later on.

In the long run in the big scope of reality, the moderators are the ones that made the entire post negative. They're the ones that made the post unsupportive. They're the ones that ruined the vibe of the post. They're the ones that are trying to dictate things that didn't need to be dictated in the first place. That's okay, we can play this chess game all day colin. It's your move.

[Co...]
18 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Not sure I understand your bait comments either. Me and the members were having a positive discussion for several days, and then you chimed in this morning with a condescending tone and acting as if you control the space. What's up with these angry people today? Maybe everybody needs to take a chill pill, oh yeah that's right, they all quit taking them.

What guys, everything was positive prior to this morning. What happened? Well, the Europeans tried to silence the Americans and Australians. That's what happens.

Before getting your underwear in a wad, go back to the beginning of the post and see how we were all positive and having a good time. That's what matters, we were supporting each other. Now look, the European Monarch dictators started a war with the Americans and australians.

Why are you asking me to leave? I was here before you. What are you contributing to the support topic? Have any of the moderators or any of the new members from this morning contributed anything to the well-being of the original post or the support topic? Apparently not. Me on the other hand, I actually did.

13 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Okay guys, I'm actually finding some humor in this whole situation now. This morning started off a little negative with the monarchy dictatorship going on from over there in europe. I was simply trying to express my American values, and everybody was giving me a hard time about it.

The original poster was australian, and I really like their style, she seems like a cool person. We were all supporting each other, that's all that matters. And then look what happened, and why?

I feel like we're in a first grade classroom having irrelevant arguments at this point. None of this ever needed to be stated in the first place, it was wasted time. Or you could look at it like it was a good argument, me and Colin both like good arguments I suppose.

How about this, can we call a truce between my American freedom and the Australian poster and the monarch moderator? I think world peace is probably more important than technicality arguments over who's got more freedom and who's got the medical bias. I think we should all just get along, considering we've all been through hell and back and we have much bigger things to worry about.

9 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Again,

I feel at this point we might be engaging in a centuries-old monarchy versus American independence arguments. We can battle all day and talk about freedom and American independence from British Monarchy dictators and kings and queens, or we can just move forward and say "hey man, this guy from Seattle Washington got damaged by these medical doctors and he doesn't like it, and we got damaged over here in Europe as well and we don't like it either".

We all agree that medical doctors prescribed us harmful medicine. We all agree that these governments are not cooperating with us regular citizens at the moment. So why are we fighting over it?

Just catching up with your additional posts. I don't really agree with most of your points there. But there is no moderation issue here (beyond the original request from @[de...] to steer the thread back towards the topic). No problem, @[Ju...]. I suspect other members have had enough too.

• Love 1

[Ju...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Self evidentially, you know nothing of my politics. I am not a monarchist. And I value freedom of expression principles, even when they result in some uncomfortable listening.

I suspect that we have more in common over free speech matters that you realise (if you were not so fixated upon not being allowed to do what you want at a privately controlled space).

American freedom for the win! I'll take that as another win over the monarchy!

[Co...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

But there is no moderation issue here (beyond the original request from @[de...] to steer the thread back towards the topic).

I edited my previous post to correct for a missing word. It rather changes the meaning. :)

• Haha 1

[de...]

@[Ju...]  I would like to say one more thing before we move on from this discussion.  You keep saying everyone was enjoying the discussion on the thread started by @[Sh...].  Do you mean everyone on the thread or just you @[Sh...], and @[Ti...] ?    I think this may be where you might be missing the point a bit.   I am now wearing my Buddie hat and not my Moderator hat.   Before you began to post on the thread there were lots of posts going back and forth that were very positive and supportive.  I was deriving great benefit from hearing from some people that had not been around in a while, basically since the new site began.    I think there were others as well that were very heartened to hear from friends that had not posted in a long time.  I believe @[Sh...] was also encouraged.  There is a definite bond between those of us who have been at this for a very long time.   I know you are one of those people as well.  Once you began to post all of the positivity stopped.    I for one, was not enjoying your posts!   Of course, that is how I felt, and I am free to disengage from the post if it is making me uncomfortable.   But it is sad to me that one person can take us down a very negative (my opinion), unhelpful (my opinion), non-supportive (my opinion) path.   I don't know if you have noticed, but you have effectively shut down what was once a supportive thread because, in your words, you were just having a little fun.  

[Ju...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

I edited my previous post to correct for a missing word. rather changes the meaning. :)

Fair enough :)

[Ju...]
1 minute ago, [[d...] said:

@[Ju...]  I would like to say one more thing before we move on from this discussion.  You keep saying everyone was enjoying the discussion on the thread started by @[Sh...].  Do you mean everyone on the thread or just you @[Sh...], and @[Ti...] ?    I think this may be where you might be missing the point a bit.   I am now wearing my Buddie hat and not my Moderator hat.   Before you began to post on the thread there were lots of posts going back and forth that were very positive and supportive.  I was deriving great benefit from hearing from some people that had not been around in a while, basically since the new site began.    I think there were others as well that were very heartened to hear from friends that had not posted in a long time.  I believe @[Sh...] was also encouraged.  There is a definite bond between those of us who have been at this for a very long time.   I know you are one of those people as well.  Once you began to post all of the positivity stopped.    I for one, was not enjoying your posts!   Of course, that is how I felt, and I am free to disengage from the post if it is making me uncomfortable.   But it is sad to me that one person can take us down a very negative (my opinion), unhelpful (my opinion), non-supportive (my opinion) path.   I don't know if you have noticed, but you have effectively shut down what was once a supportive thread because, in your words, you were just having a little fun.  

Hilarious Decatur,

Your opinion is literally the opposite of everybody else's opinion. Everybody was having a great time until you chimed in. That's my opinion. I guess we'll agree to disagree?

I was on this thread and enjoying the posts but it seems that @[Ju...] has now turned it into a his own personal political diatribe. It has gone way beyond the support I was giving and receiving from @[Sh...] and the others. How on earth did it devolve so fast. We are all in this mess together. This isn’t a place to start venting your political or nationalist ideas. This isn’t Britain vs USA vs Australia. This benzo buddies. We are all buddies looking for support to make it thru this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[Ju...]

Hey look guys, we all just went through 5 years of miserable hell because of medical professionals. Because of the government prescribed pills that we received from doctors. And now the moderators try to start a war between multiple countries over some fine print dictated rules from the monarch country.

Just when you think the European monarchy can't get any more ridiculous, it keeps proving itself to be anti freedom. There's bigger things in the world to worry about other than this website anyways, what's everybody so uptight for this morning?

Did the monarchy dictators forget the sugar in their coffee? Did you run out of caffeine this morning? Did you decide you miss your chill pills? What's going on here? I might take a voluntary break from this website again.

[Ti...]

Good lord. This is ridiculous. Everything we spoke about is published and easily google- able. What forum can I take this topic to? In the news? Chewing the fat? Protracted? Reality? Is there a reality thread? 

Shayna was laughing. She was happy! She was not when she stared the thread. Is that not support? Is that not buddy support? We are all adult enough to move on if we don’t like the content. 

I guess some people just prefer authoritarianism. I do not. I’m out. 

Bye! ✌

Edited by [Ti...]
  • Love 1

[Ju...]

I will point out one more thing before I go back to sleep to get my remaining half day sleep, of course due to doctors in my opinion:

This was a supportive International Post for the last week. Everybody was supportive of each other, we were discussing important life matters. This included members from australia, the United kingdom, america, holland, Costa rica, etc. There was world peace on benzo Buddies over the last week.

Then because of authoritarianism and unnecessary dictator rules from the monarchy because of missing sugar or caffeine in their coffee, or possible hangover from alcohol or whatever else, it started a World War III on benzo buddies. Now look, look what the monarchy got going. They say it's because it was their website and the world peace members didn't need to be discussing what they didn't like.

Now look at the wars going on in Israel and Palestinians and Ukraine and russians, China and taiwan, etc. Now do you understand how these wars get started? Maybe everybody should just leave each other the hell alone and quit telling people how to act and talk. Food for thought...

Holy cow guys, I slept 6 uninterrupted hours last night with no crazy dreams! I actually feel like a human being today!  🥳🥳

• Like 1
  • Love 5