Again

[Sh...]

[Sh...]

Yeah lottie that’s important. Even when u are really doing it tough u need to look back and remember u did much tougher. I’m so glad to hear ur doing so much better. ❤️

• 3 weeks later...
[re...]

There is such critical thinking in this thread. I just want to give a shoutout to JIT for it. 

When you think about how 1 small pill can lead you down a road of complete polypharmacy and multi drugging.  When all the doctor had to do was acknowledge the power of the withdrawal and extremely fast neuro adaptations  of these pills regardless of time on them (Xray comes to mind here). This alone makes me question the whole profit model. I mean the FDA is finally putting warnings on benzo inserts and the doctors STILL are still turning their heads to it. It seems to me the FDA wants to get protection and not sued through the doctors since you are never going to be able to class action lawsuit individual doctors. So the monster pharmaceuticals can say "well we told ya so" with the insert warning crap. To me maybe there is something to this. Why are the doctors at this point turning their heads with these new warnings. It is almost like once one drug goes south on you and hits your brain there will be a multitude of SALE$ with other drugs now to combat the horrendous reactions you have had due to either tolerance or abrupt discontinuation. 

And what is weird is that all the doctors now seem to be saying are "addiction addiction!!!!!!!!!"

So if you have a bad reaction now you have the dilemma that no one wants to do a slow slow taper off and people have problems now getting the pills to do this slow taper cause the DEA says "benzos bad" like they have this addiction problem  ONLY label to them now which is making the poor unknowing short medium term therapeutic user SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[re...]

So for example someone has a panic attack goes to the hospital and they give them an Ativan and probably say a ten pill script post hospital stay.

I am telling you this particular drug is ODD in it's mechanism and at least for me created major major panic attacks once it wore off EVERYTIME.

And this was only from one time use. So for some (and possibly many more, we just don't know) even ONE dose could cause issues and bypass the 2-4 week dependence issues everyone says.

I believe it was the first benzo I ever took and it hit me the hardest and I remember coming out of the hospital after and ativan sleep and almost every time I would flip out right after.

Even Ashton has said this is a particular strange benzo. I think Ativan should ONLY be used for Seizures and nothing more because if it's amazing quick action and certainly not something like panic attacks or insomnia and the longer acting stuff should possibly be implemented

I have to be critical of how hospitals are handling their patients that are in crisis and just handing out Ativan and close behind........ HALDOL like vitamins. It disgusts me. 

I have a friend and his wife works in a hospital in Colorado  and said the nursing staff refer to Haldol as "Vitamin H".  That is so disgusting to me that they could joke around like that and mock their patients and put this kind of chemical straight jacket on people with MILD restlessness. And they do it all the time trust me. And many hospitals across the US do the exact same thing. I mean why in the hell can't they just strap you down. They don't need to be giving these heavy hitters out unless a patient is in insane delirium.  It definitely is a crime and hospitals are the first place you can be introduced to these toxins and start you on your journey to hell if you are not careful. 

[WU...]
39 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I mean why in the hell can't they just strap you down

Not necessary! Back in the old days before these horror pills were invented the doctors would offer brandy to calm people down and help to get a good night's sleep. No ill effects, no alterations to the brain chemistry, just good old-fashioned medicinal alcohol.  Here we are now where they use benzos to get people off alcohol sending them into an even worst place! This world is upside down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[re...]

Yeah I totally agree Wu and if you even suggested they do that everyone would look at you like "huh what????" like you just stepped off of a spaceship :idiot:

But yet lets bring on the HALDOL/Ativan cocktails. YEHAWWWW!!!!!!!   And no one bats an eye. Especially Haldol........ A truth and torture serum used for decades from interrogators in high positions. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?????!!!!!!!!! :2funny:

It shows just how much of an influence big pharma has on people's thought process and medical staff training. 

Something is very wrong here and i can't understand why it's so highly accepted in 2024. God help us all. 

Edited by [re...]

[re...]

You know also you talk about booze to calm them down. Even an alcoholic should be tapered with more booze in the hospital and they actually do that sometimes with pharmacy grade canned beer believe it or not. It may be for the psychological comfort of the existing substance or their biology just can't handle more drugs. 

[WU...]

Notice how they say alcohol acts on the same GABA receptors and should be avoided at all costs. And yet getting off alcohol is a breeze compared to getting off benzos. I've never been much of a drinker myself and I remember an old-school doctor saying to me 30 years ago I would benefit from having a glass or two of wine in the evenings as it would help me relax and calm things down. I wish I had listened to her advice instead of the musculoskeletal consultant at the hospital who put me on benzos for my chronic neck pain. Obviously no one wants to become alcohol dependent either but even if one does end up drinking too much it is nothing compared to what these pills do to us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

Notice how they say alcohol acts on the same GABA receptors and should be avoided at all costs. And yet getting off alcohol is a breeze compared to getting off benzos. I've never been much of a drinker myself and I remember an old-school doctor saying to me 30 years ago I would benefit from having a glass or two of wine in the evenings as it would help me relax and calm things down. I wish I had listened to her advice instead of the musculoskeletal consultant at the hospital who put me on benzos for my chronic neck pain. Obviously no one wants to become alcohol dependent either but even if one does end up drinking too much it is nothing compared to what these pills do to us

You are absolutely correct. One of friends was a very bad alcoholic drank up to 1000ml of vodka every day for ten years. He sobered up and was uncomfortable for a few months but was mostly living life again after about a year. He’s now 5 years sober and has no problems at all. I on the other hand took Xanax for 2 months and now here I am 29 months later with massive insomnia, hypnic jerks, buzzing muscles, and super loud tinnitus. I would have been better off if the doctor had just prescribed me alcohol instead.

• Like 3

[re...]

You guys are so right. For some reason Cigs and Alcohol.......... BAD.  Benzos, Seroquel. Haldol, SSRIs............... GOOD!!!!!!!:2funny:

They choose whatever they want to demonize at the time and when it's profit margin is done. It is time to move onto the new hip  thing  (CBD/Cannabis, Ketamine, Psychedelics, etc ALL DANGEROUS time permitting) and bastardize what is in the way or old news. That is what I just HATE about grifters like Andrew Huberman. He rarely talks about psych meds if ever and constantly preaches on the dangers of coffee/caffeine, alcohol, etc. Can you imagine talking about the dangers of coffee without at least talking psych med dangers.  It is such a joke.

Even the so called sleep "experts" like Matthew Walker will tell you about sleep hygiene, CBTI, Restriction all the usual horseshit. But NEVER talks about how useless this stuff  is if you are in head med brain dysregulation or in benzo withdrawal.  Think about this for a minute........... most people that are sleep deprived have definitely gone to a doctor and he medicalized (drugged) their insomnia issue at some point I am sure. 

I am not saying these people are not spouting any valid points and information, but they have HUGE subs and reach and yet rarely talk about tapering drugs and the like. Everyone is afraid to mention the dangers pharmaceuticals can do on the brain and choose to pick on alcohol instead as it is the new bastard red headed stepchild

I am not saying you smoke 2 packs a day and drink a fifth of whiskey and you are going to have a great life. But give me a break to have issues from those two substances takes a loonnngggg time. But like with what happened to poor Xray and even me in the ER with the pharma cocktail from hell they gave me .

It only takes a real small amount of time (and even possibly dose) on psych meds to do some serious and even debilitating stuff to ya. 

Edited by [re...]

[WU...]

Andrew who? .....just kidding. Don't forget he will have massive sponsors behind the scenes promoting this or that, same with all the other YT influencers. Pinch of salt required when listening to anyone with massive subs.

Alcohol has been around for 10,000 years or more. Benzo type drugs for about 70 years. Are there more problems with alcohol than benzos? How many prescriptions are being handed out for benzos compared to people having alcohol dependency? Would be an interesting comparison.  

• Like 1

[re...]

And then there is another sleep "expert" named Daniel Erickson who touts sleep is ONLY like this psychological thing and went so far as to say either it was one of his guests or maybe even him in one of his you tube casts that physical exercise is irrelevant in insomnia. ARE YOU F"ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done so much damn research on chronic (16 weeks and above) aerobic exercise clinical trials on not only insomnia, but brain injuries, formation of BDNF, neurotransmitters, addiction, especially gaba vs glutamate balancing, and people with epilepsy. And all have had MAJOR positive outcomes. I am talking rigorous studies probably more than the pharma funded ones do. LOL

For sure there is somewhat a psychological component to this, but how DARE he say (paraphrasing here) "exercise yes is good for you, but it doesn't really matter much for sleep" yes this advice was given on one of his streams. THIS CRAP ESPOUSED IS SO DANGEROUS TO SOMEONE IN DRUG INDUCED AND OR WITHDRAWAL INDUCED INSOMNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[re...]

And yeah Wu you are right you never know the backing behind them that tells them to "shhhhh hush hush we don't wanna help THAT many people" wouldn't wanna upset the ones in charge. 

Yes I also trust the things like alcohol that have been around for years and years. It's really is just fermentation and distilling when you think about it. 

I am still not telling anyone they should pound a bottle of whiskey a week. But yes it is easier to get off than most benzos/ssri's from what I have observed for sure. 

Oh I have detoxed in a facility in the past/first introduction to benzos due to my ignorance and silly doctor recommendations and whoa did I pay the price til I found a wise doctor to taper with. The one thing I noticed was all the alkies were walking around fine within a week and all the benzo folk would be walking around all hours of the night sleep deprived and howling. It was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[WU...]

Well yes of course they have to demonize alcohol so when people are anxious they go to the doctor and get prescribed pills, then they become pharma customers for life!  As I said before I have never been a drinker and can't imagine going for the hard stuff like spirits but really wine or beer is probably a wiser choice, less intense on the system and wine is full of antioxidants from resveratrol

[re...]

Totally Wu!!!!!! You are spot on with that. 

I used to drink no problem and really enjoy all kinds of tasty malbec wines and real clean water microbrews from Oregon and Colorado, but i drink now just a bit and the tinnitus screams along with the wonderful twitches from what the synthetic big pharma poison did to my brain and nervous system. It is devil's medicine if used carelessly and without close monitoring. The collateral damage is mind blowing. 

[WU...]
3 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

It is devil's medicine if used carelessly and without close monitoring

It is the devil alright and I would ban it completely.

[re...]

UH OH now you are suggesting  their freedom to poison act 

be removed????????? How dare you. :muscle: