Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello Rodolfo,

Nice to see you're back!

How have you been?

Glad your sleep has been fair, as you call it.

That sounds like a nice description!

Wishing you a nice day!

Stay safe!

TS

Good day all, last night was a 2-3.

I heard a crash and thought it was the raccoon, so I went to investigate.  I didn't see anything, so as I walked down the hallway, I heard another crash.

My husband had fallen out of bed.  A few years ago, this was a regular occurrence, so I ordered a short railing for the bed. That took care of the falling, until last night.  The lamp was askew and there were things on the floor that had been on the nightstand.  I managed to help him up and he announced he need to go to the bathroom. There was a wet spot on the side of the bed, plus the throw rug was wet.  None the less, I walked him into the bathroom and went about picking everything up and getting a towel for the bed. 

After I got him back out to the bed, I saw his arm was covered in blood. I went to get band aids and some antiseptic. The sight of blood makes me lightheaded, but somehow I managed to clean up his arm and place bandaids over the wound.

I was too lightheaded to go back down the stairs, so waited until that went away. Sleep was elusive.

This morning, he has no memory of what happened last night.

NG

Hi nightengale,

So sorry to see you have all these problems to deal with at the moment.

I have so much admiration for you! Despite all your own issues you're always there to help where help is needed! Respect!

Perhaps you can have a nap this afternoon.

Wishing you much strenght!

A big Hug.  TS

Hi folks,

I am literally the same. I got a few hours of deep sleep and that's it. I was wide awake at 4am and REFUSED to get out of bed and kept 'resting' for a few more hours. Like I said, I do notice that the quality of my sleep is better, even if it's not longer. I hope my brain is working hard to repair.

Have a great Wednesday everyone,

HM

Hi HM,

Great news! " You're literally the same", but the QUALITY of your sleep is getting BETTER!  That is a really important development in my humble opinion.

Recovery and repair take place in deep sleep, so Congratulations!

My sleep wasn't as good as it was the nights before last. Less deep, more tossing and turning. Awake around 6 am. Just some snoozing after that. Today is another dark, wet and cool day. No fun at all.

My feet and leg muscles hurt. Did to much walking yesterday...Today is a day for resting.

Have a good one!

Trochsetter

Here it is, US 6AM EST and I am still wide awake. Ugh-- I did get in a two hour nap from 2PM - 4PM. I really need to stop napping. I try not to nap during the day but yesterday, the urge to fall asleep was just so overpowering.

Hi AntiBenzo7,

So sorry your sleep was a wash last night. You must be feeling really tired atm.

Hopefully things are going to improve soon! We need our sleep.

I have never been able to take a nap. The very few times I did, I felt as if I had been poisoned. Awful! Stone cold, nauseated, trembling. In short: sick as a parrot. So no naps for me.

I know how it feels to fight sleep during the day.

Wishing you a calm day and a good sleep tonight!

Stay strong!

Trochsetter

Good day everyone,

Antibenzo, I am sorry to hear your sleep is mostly gone. I've gone without naps and taken naps.  When I do have a good hour nap, I feel so refreshed.  Now and then I feel washed out for a time, but that feeling goes away. 

When I don't nap, I do not sleep any better at night. 

TS, I remember you don't do well with naps.  Hopefully you are sleeping well and your pain is staying away. 

Today we are taking the dog to CSU oncology. We are planning on starting chemotherapy to lessen her cancer symptoms. I'm hoping this will help.  Her appetite is good, but often she burps and the food comes back up.  Her weight has gone from 15 pounds to around 12.

NG

NG

Hello nightengale,

Let us hope the chemo is going to help your dog. It's  heartbreaking to see an animal and especially one's pet being sick and suffer.

I have often been a bit jealous of people that can take naps. But is is what it is.

Nowadays I don't need them I 'm glad to say.

Last night sleep was much better again. Today the pain is still there, but less. After 2 cold and wet days today saw improvement. A little warmer and... dry! So I could mow the lawn late afternoon. Went fine.

Have a nice day!

TS

AB,

I am sorry your night sleep is suffering but I am happy you're able to nap. I can't ever nap. My brain just won't do it. I would love to snooze for 2 hours during the day. It would make the poor night sleep easier to deal with.

TS,

Sorry you can't nap but happy you seem to consistently have good sleep during the night.

NG,

I hope the chemo goes well for you and I am sorry your pet is suffering.

I went out with my adult kids last night until late and I didn't get to take my melatonin or magnesium. I don't know if that played a role but I didn't sleep last night. I *might* have dropped off a couple times for a few minutes but I'm nor sure. At any rate, I hope it's better tonight.

HM

Hi everyone, 

I hope you had a better night.

My sleep was a 6 or 7. Some hours of light sleep towards morning, but overall my sleep was OK..

Have a nice day!

TS

I was at a 5 last night. I got between 4 and 5 hours of sleep last night. So odd to sleep right on the heels of a night of NO sleep. Obviously, benzo WD insomnia is very unpredictable.

Happy Friday, everyone,

HM

Good day all, the dog had her first chemo injection.  She was able to eat for the first time in a month and not throw it back up again.  That was good news.

I took the book called: The Sleep Book by Dr Guy Meadows that someone recommended on here. 

The author was right on track with I have been going through since my taper ended back in 2017.  With that being said, I slept a good six hours last night.

I was so exhausted the last two days spending 7 and 6 hours there each day. Our son went with us the day before and drove, but yesterday had a meeting, so I was it.

The sky was blue and no rain came the 2nd day there.

HM that is great news you slept 4-5 hours! Indeed benzo withdrawal is unpredictable. 

TS congrats on the sleep! Six or seven hours sounds quite good!

NG

NG,

I am happy the chemo seems to be, at least, helping your dog feel better. Congratulations on your long sleep last night:) I know that makes a difference the next day. I slept very little last night, so I am extra tired this morning.

TS,

I hope you slept well last night :) and thank you for your always positive energy.

Here's hoping my day goes well and I sleep better tonight. I just did a cut yesterday but I don't think that is related to my pre-existing insomnia. I will be happy if other symptoms don't creep up.

HM

Hello everyone,

Hope your sleep was better last night!

Last night mine was a 6 or a 7.  I fell asleep sooner than the night before that. And didn't do a lot of tossing and turning. I woke up feeling cold around 2 am. In summer I don't wear anything in bed and woke up after I apparantly kicked off the thin cover. After pulling it up again, everything was fine. Woke up around 7 am.

Had my eye pressure checked  - both eyes were OK!  Still floaters and blurred vision in  my right eye.

Went for a walk.

Worked in the garden for 1,5 hours. Feeling pretty good.

Tomorrow it'll be 3 weeks since benzo free!

Have a lovely Monday everyone!

TS

TS,

I am happy you slept well last night, again  :) Glad your eyes checked out well too.

I slept my usual few hours. I was awoken by fireworks at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, so that was a bummer but my sleep I did get was deep and quality. I just have to hang in there.

NG,

I hope you and your dog are doing good so far today.

Happy Monday :)

HM

Hi all, congratulations TS for a fairly good night of sleep! Your milestone of three weeks benzo free tomorrow is something to celebrate!!

That's good news concerning your eye pressure.  Did the eye doctor give a reason for the blurred vision in your right eye?

I have floaters that come and go. 

HM,your deep quality sleep is a plus. Hopefully the  few hours will improve.

The dog is having a bad day. I found the in home euthanasia place that we had for our previous dog, but after a conversation with our son and his fiancée, it could be a med issue.  I'm trying to prepare myself, then, our son suggests emailing the vets at CSU who have treated Brinna, so I set the euthanasia aside for now.

Just a few minutes ago, she barked twice at a dog being walked by, so this is positive.

My sleep didn't go so well last night with the fireworks around the neighborhood. Tonight will hopefully be better.

NG

Hello nightengale,

Too bad your sleep was interrupted by the fireworks. Thankfully it's the 4th of July just once a year!

Sorry your dog is feeling poorly today. Glad she still has some barks left!

I do hope she's not in much pain!

Taking decisions like euthanasia are really difficult. Wishing you strenght and wisdom.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Hope your day goes well.

Sleep tight tonight!

Trochsetter

Hi guys as you know it hurts for me to type. I'm sleeping around three hours lately due to bad health diagnosis and benzo damage. However I like to read you. Nightingale I hope your dog gets better. You're a good woman. Trotch and HM, wishing you good nights.

Hi Val,

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I am glad you're getting 3 hours vs. zero. I hope you have a window from the pain soon. I only got about an hour last night. I had a 4+ hour night the other day and I am waiting for another one.

Take care,

HM

Hello folks,

Hopefully you'll have a nice day!

I slept pretty good the night before last.

But last night was a strange one, in that I had a dream that went on for hours ( at least that's how long it felt). I kept on reeling in a big fish, but it never got in any closer. Finally I woke up. So glad to get out of that dream. Got up to go to the bathroom and went back to bed. Slept for another hour or so. Woke up with aching leg and hip muscles.

Feeling OK again. Nice weather today.

NG,  I hope you're having a trouble free day!

Val,  wishing your pain gets less soon!

HM,  Sorry your sleep wasn't much good last night. Hoping for a better night!

Stay safe!

Trochsetter

Happy Wednesday, everyone,

I had another hour night. I slept hard and dreamed deep but it was over too soon. I had a headache all night and I am sure that contributed to my inability to fall asleep and stay asleep.

TS, Sorry about your weird dream but glad you were able to get a full nights rest.

Val, Hope you slept well last night and are feeling good today.

NG, Haven't heard from you recently. I hope you're doing OK and getting some rest.

Take Care, everyone!

HM

[26...]