Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello everyone,

I had trouble falling asleep last night but once I did, I got in a good 6 hours. I finally fell asleep at 3AM and slept soundly until about 9AM I think. I would have loved to have gotten a few hours more but hey, I will take the 6 hours any day.

Hello everyone,

I had trouble falling asleep last night but once I did, I got in a good 6 hours. I finally fell asleep at 3AM and slept soundly until about 9AM I think. I would have loved to have gotten a few hours more but hey, I will take the 6 hours any day.

Congratulations on 6 hours:) That's awesome! I got a couple hours of sleep and it's better than the might before (zero). I tired remeron again last night because it helps with my depression and appetite but it gave my RLS so I am not taking it again. I tried it before for a couple weeks about 2 months ago and had the same thing. It was prescribed for sleep and did nothing for me in the sleep department. I may have to try trazodone or something else. I'd like to treat my depression if possible AND help my sleep. I've noticed, in my reasearch, that some SSRI's cause insomnia! I don't need that. I have a friend that takes Lexapro and it helped her insomnia. Lexapro has been known to cause insomnia on occasion too.

Anyway, in the meantime, I'll take ANY sleep as a plus!

HM

Hi Antibenzo,

Wow! That's truly amazing and wonderful! A big CONGRATS❣

Have a great Sunday!

Trochsetter

HM as I like you so much I need to jump in to say that for me Lexapro was hell to come off and for some friends it has really ruined them. Of course there will be positive stories I guess. Trazodone works for my sleep a little. Only 50 mgs. I know you've tried already though. Hydroxycine is an antihistamine that helped me sleep in the past and made me hungry. Non addictive like the psych drugs. You may want to ask your doc. Slept five hours last night so not even sure I belong here any more, the guilt is killing me  :laugh:. Don't hate me, y you probably wouldn't trade your insomnia for my back stenosis.

VMN,

Thanks for the tips:) I don't know what to do. Even one dose of Remeron made me 'feel' better. Less depressed BUT the RLS is unacceptable. It doesn't help with sleep either. I suppose I could try trazodone again and see if it helps. Thanks for sharing your Lexapro experience. I came off Paxil CT 26 years ago to get pregnant (he is almost 25!) and I had HORRIBLE rebound depression and mood swings. I'll never forget it. I am aware of the dangers of coming off SSRI's and it (probably, rightfully so) scares me.

We'll see.

Congrats on your 5 hours and I am sorry for your back stenosis.

HM

HM the more times you come off ssris the harder it gets in my experience. Look at my ziggy. Same Paxil CT. I thought I felt terrible due to the pregnancy. I didn't check the internet. I trusted doctors instead 🙄

By the way I'm depressed every minute of every day. I guess this is the new normal. I hide it with jokes so my daughter doesn't get depressed too.

May I ask why you don't try an SSRI or other antidepressant and just stay on it? I have a friend that takes wellbutrin and lexapro and swears they saved her life.

I am assuming you just want to be med free and/or there are effects that you don't want from the AD's.

Sorry your depressed. Glad you can joke about it.:)

HM

Look for YouTube videos CT Lexapro. I'm not risking a doctor cutting me off one of those. Anyway it took me four years the last taper. Not looking back. I'll live like this. So be it.

I don't know how you guys do it, particularly HM.  I've had 4 nights of 0-2 hrs sleep and I truly feel like I'm on my last legs.

I have terrible waves of a whole body malaise, like I'm dying, followed by intense burning feeling on the skin of my arms and legs.  Actually, I've been having such symptoms but much less intense since I weaned off Klonopin 5 years ago.  Recently, I've been under a lot of stress because of acid reflux problems for which probably nothing can be done.  This may have contributed to the insomnia, which in turn has re-intensified the benzo withdrawal symptoms.  I think 25 yrs on Klonopin caused permanent damage which becomes more manifest when stress is increased.  Anyhow, HM, please let me know your insomnia symptoms and how you deal with them.  I know if I seek medical help they'll just dose me with a benzo so that avenue is closed.  I'm kind of at my wits' end. 

KA,

I know you don't want to hear this but I deal with it with acceptance. It's really rough. Some nights are better than others but none of them are great. I just hang onto the success stories of other BB who have regained their sleep with patience.

Hang in there! I also don't have the additional symptoms that you have so it may be more tolerable. I typically am able to rest peacefully and sometimes i drift off and I am grateful when I do.

IMO, sleep hygiene does little to help a benzo damaged brain that deals with insomnia. One BB told me a story of a guy who had zero sleep for like a month in addition to other nights of 0 to 2 hrs of sleep and, eventually, his sleep returned. If you find it helpful, you can post here. If you find that adds to your stress, then don't.

I have met several BB with chronic, severe insomnia that choose not to talk about it on here very much. There are other's surviving it and waiting to heal as we are.

HM

Thanks, HM.  Your coping capacity seems much better than mine.  Maybe the fact that I don't just feel tired the day after an insomnia episode but terribly sick as well is a contributory factor.  You can count yourself relatively fortunate if fatigue is your only insomnia symptom.  Also, as I've indicated previously, being an 86 year old geezer probably reduces my resiliency compared to you young folks.

KA,

Yes, I just tired and I have some GAD and that's really it. I don't have burning skin or physical pain or any of those things, thank God. Hang in there, Like I said. You may be 86 but you're not 96 yet. You have time to go to heal. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you the very best with your insomnia and your other WD issues.

I struggle too but, like I said, I look to others that have made it through and hang my hope there. Even at 86, you can do that too. Maintain hope. Things can and, hopefully, will get better for you.

HM

Thanks again, HM, for your kind and helpful comments.  You have a very healthy attitude that I hope I can internalize.  But it ain't easy, as you well know. 

Hi everyone,

So sorry to see all the suffering some of you are going through ! Wishing you all a lot of strenght!

I know I don't really belong here anymore because my sleep is quite ok compared to what most of you get. But I hang around because I met some very nice folks here when my sleep was much worse. I hope you don't mind.

Hopefully your sleep was better last night.

Keep hoping for things to get better!

TS

Troschetter please stay. Your support is so important and even if my 0-2 hour nights are also behind me, we never know what the future holds, at least for me as I'm still tapering. And we need your loving vibe. Klonopin soon ex addict I'm sure there are better days ahead for you too.

Good day all, TS, I am glad to hear you are not anywhere near the flood area.  I can only imagine what those who are, are going through.

Hope you stay around, even though your insomnia is better. You are our inspiration!

HM, accepting what is going on with us does help.  I will say I tried telling myself it didn't matter, but it did.  Someone on BB suggested a book called: The Sleep Book by Guy Meadows. I've purchased a few books about insomnia over the last few years and none helped, but this one is.

What it does the most is give ideas how to accept what is going on with not sleeping and the racing mind at night. 

It is not a cure all, but it is helping me to accept insomnia. 

klonopinaddict, welcome to the group. I agree the older we are, might make a difference in how we feel the day after a sleepless night.  Everything feels quite horrible. The night before last, I ate a very small scoop of ice cream with some chocolate syrup on it and was awake all night.  Oops.

Anyway, last night was better and so I am feeling better.

Valiumnomore, I think you said, without going back to look that you are depressed and still aren't sleeping. Perhaps I was not depressed when the dog died, but assumed I was. Glad you have been getting a reasonable amount of sleep! Keep it up!

I googled spinal stenosis and am sorry to hear you have that.  Please know that I am thinking of you.

NG

Hello ladies,

NG,  I 'm really happy for you that you had some better sleep! That was very welcome. You deserve it! 

I admire you and the other women on here for being so strong despite all the different problems you all have on your plate.  Talk about being inspirational!

Val, sorry your back is a pain in the ...backside...I hope it's not getting too much in the way with your trip. Enjoy!

HM,  how was your night? Better sleep?

Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Trochsetter

Hi girls I’m back again x I really need to be among support now. My sleep is possibly the worst it’s been. It’s so hard to see this getting better today x no sleep in 3 days.

Hi Shayna,

Is it ok a guy is responding to your post?  ;)

So sorry your sleep is gone! Must be terrible. Did anything change in your personal/social life that might be the reason for this ? Or do you think it's to do with being off of Benzo? Did some other symptoms change for better or worse perhaps?

Anyway, I so wish you're going to sleep again very soon!

You've come to the right place: some ladies on here know all about handling Insomnia!

Stay strong Shayna!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Trochsetter

Troch I’m so sorry I never noticed u weren’t a girl! Haha x

No no changes. I’ve had horrible insomnia the whole taper and during tolerance. It was better on and off towards the end but now is just awful. I’m 6 weeks off x

I'm with you Shayna.  I've had a total of 3 hrs sleep in the last 3 days.  I'm 5 yrs off Klonopin after taking it as prescribed for 25 yrs so I suspect my GABA receptors have been permanently damaged, making me vary vulnerable to stress.  Recent stress associated with probably untreatable acid reflux may have precipitated my current problems.  Anyhow, if you feel broken I feel pulverized.  But we have no alternative other than to keep putting one foot in front of the other in the hope that this too shall pass.  Let's send positive vibes to each other and all our fellow benzo-insomniacs.  All the best.

I’m so sorry you are struggling too. I really hope there’s a shift soon. Yes sending so much love to my fellow insomniacs x

[9b...]