Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello Shayna,

Thank you so much!  ❣

It feels great to know I 'll be taking the final bit of the stuff tonight. Often though this day would never ever come...

Wishing you a good night's sleep?  😴😴😴

Trochsetter

I bet. It’s a lovely feeling x I hope things only improve from here for u xx

My sleep is still bad 2-3 hrs a night but I’m coping ok considering. 3 hours is enough for now. A couple of weeks ago I wasn’t even getting that without unisom so I’m greatful. Xx

Congratulations, TS, you did it!!  This is an amazing step for you!!  I can't express how happy I am. 

Stay strong, my friend.

NG

Thank you so much, nightengale!

Let's all hope for a bright(er) future!

I hope your sleep is going to improve asap.

We're here to support eachother.

Enjoy your day!

TS 👋

Hi everybody,

Hope you slept well!

My sleep was a 6 or 7 last night. I had a decent sleep!  Quite surprising really. No more Valium,  warm weather and not very active yesterday. I took a day off from walking and biking.

It's going to be rather warm and sticky today. So I took a walk quite early this morning.

Hope you all have a pleasant day.

TS

Good day TS, that's great you slept so well! Keep it up!!

Taking the day off from activities sounded like a good idea.  The early morning walk sounded nice.

It is HOT here. The high is supposed to be 36C, Uff

My sleep is the usual. I have some things going on that are stressing me.  Hopefully things will get better and with that and sleep will come back.

NG

Good day NG,

Sorry for that "usual"  - read: not that great - sleep. Wel, at least you did get some.  So, that's positive.

It's said to be 29 C today down here. But more moist in the air. So less pleasant. But it is what it is.

Today the joiners are here, making a lot of noise and creating clouds of dust. I couldn't screen the windows because of that, so it's warm inside. Tomorrow the men are back at 6.30 am. because it's supposed to be 32 C.

Hope you have a stressless day!

TS

Hello everyone,

Congrats, again TS on being benzo free and your heavenly nights of sleep. I hope to follow in your footsteps. I barely slept last night (an hour?) and I have mild anxiety but, other than that, no major symptoms. I try to focus on my blessings.

Have a great day guys,

HM

Hello HM,

Thank you. It did feel good today: a few times I realised I am off Benzos. It's slowly sinking in!

Sorry for your poor sleep. I hope it'll improve soon !

That's the right spirit to focus are our blessings. Positive always beats negative.

Enjoy your day, HM

TS

Hi all,

Went to  bed rather late, had to get up early, but had a good sleep!  6 hours.  So, happy with that

Hope you slept well too.

TS

It was hot today ( 33 C)! And humid! Ugh!

I had my usual couple hours but I am grateful for it. I was awake all night until I finally fell asleep this morning for a little while. I then woke up to heart pounding and panic. On the advice of a BB, I decided to take larger doses, less frequently and had the heart pounding, panic incident. It was like a paradoxical symptom like I had when I hit tolerance. I'll let you know if going back to my smaller, less frequent doses makes that problem go away. I also woke up with intrusive thoughts of the past.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday :)

HM

Hi HM,

Sorry your sleep was nothing to write home about again.

To me it doesn't seem a good idea to dose less frequent. I don't know the half life of Xanax, but leaving more time between doses could lead to interdose withdrawal symptoms.

Perhaps others can comment on this.

Hope your day is a nice one.

Trochsetter

Troch,

I agree with you. I was basing my decision on the advise of a BB that Xanax has a half life of 6 hours but I have always *felt* that it is more like 3 hours. Nonetheless, I decided to try dosing just 3 times a day, every 6 hours and I had my paradox or interdose WD incident. I am back to my frequent dosing this morning. Eventually, as I go down in dose, I will be forced to dose less frequently. I plan to jump at .01 mg once per day (same as 1 ml). Hopefully, by then, my brain will be acclimated and ready which it is not right now.

HM

HeartMost,

Glad you went back to your old schedule.

Many people, tapering a short half life benzo, cross over to Valium which has one of longest half lifes.

Perhaps you could look into that. Makes tapering more managable.

Maybe you already considered  doing this, idk.

Whatever you decide is ok.

Best of luck!

TS

Troch,

I may ask my Dr. about Valium. I am kicking it around. I struggle with change to my meds out of fear. I don't know if I would feel the same on Valium as I do Xanax. In the meantime, I'll just dose frequently. That seems to work for me.

HM

Good day, it is still hot here with temps up to 100 F. Where I live it is quite dry, so evaporative coolers work very well and are incredibly efficient, so my house is quite cool at 68-70 degrees.   

I found out on Monday that my dog has lymphoma. It is fatal. We met with an oncologist at CSU, to consider chemotherapy. We can stop at any time if she becomes sick, but dogs do respond favorably. She is 15, so it probably sounds a bit over the top to some. Perhaps it is, even though her health was good until the cancer took over. I'm just trying to deal with her being gone.

Next Monday we are going to visit my mother. I've not seen her since the covid pandemic.  She lives alone on the farm where I grew up and is 101 years old.  I'm going to have someone from Seniors helping Seniors come while we are there to see about help for her.  She has amazing neighbors, but they are growing older and  need a break.  My mother also seems to be losing her filters on what she should or should not say to people.  I try to tell her to treat people the way she wants to be treated.  She's not listening. lol

Anyway the stress of the dog and going to see my mother is taking a toll on my sleep. 

My husband does not want the dog dying in Iowa and being buried there.  I don't either, but we have no control over what happens. 

I may check into cremation, as then the ashes could be shipped to me.

TS, I am glad you are sleeping well! Keep it up!

NG

Hi NG,

So sorry to hear about your dog! I hope pooch isn't in too much pain. I totally understand you wanting to do all you can for your pet.

It simply is a member of the family.

I remember you visited your mom 2 years ago. You were a bit anxious having to plan the celebration. You slept like a baby there and the first nights are returning home. Remember? Might happen again! 

I love your comments about your mom! Lol!

Last night another good sleep! Really happy!

Another sticky warm day. Went to have my hair cut. Mowed the lawn. Later this evening rain and possibly thunder.

Take it easy.

TS

NG,

I am sorry about your dog. It's hard to say good bye to a beloved pet. I hope the visit with your mom goes well and you get some good sleep.

TS,

Congrats on your good sleep:) Enjoy!

I slept my usual 2 to 3 hours last night but I enjoyed what i got. At least my brain can still go to sleep and that's a good thing.

Happy Friday!

HM

Hi HM,

I love your positive outlook on things! Being positive is known to have a big impact on healing and health in general. Bravo!

Just 4 days ago I crossed the finish line, but somehow it already seems like months ago. Feels good I can tell you!

Our Friday is in its evening hours, but so far it was a good one. Hope tonight's thunder isn't going to mess it up...

Enjoy your day!

TS

The count down is on and I'm trying to get everything done before we leave on Monday.

The dog had a bout of vomiting and not feeling well, so I cut back on her new kibble, which helped. She's back to being her usual.

TS, thanks for the reminder that I did manage to sleep when I visited my mother last time.  Your comment did bring back those memories. 

Last night I did better with sleep.  I am always happy with what I get.

You are now five days out and putting this all behind you!  Did the thunder move away in time for you to sleep okay?

HM,

Thank you for your caring comments. Hopefully your are getting a little more sleep.

I do hope everything goes well in Iowa next week. I have so many great memories growing up on the farm, which helps. 

NG

Hello nightengale,

Good to read you had a few hours of shut-eye!

I hope your dog is going to feel better soon. I feel sorry for the animal.

Try to enjoy your trip next week. Fond memories are a great thing to have.

I felt ok the first 4 days after walking off, today is not great, but nothing bad. First day in months without Tylenol!

My sleep is still OK.

The thunder turned out to be nothing too bad, thankfully. Not much rain either. So I slept some 6 hours.

Today the heat is gone. Cloudy, quite a bit of wind and cooler. Another weatherfront is expected later this evening and tonight.

Enjoy your weekend!

TS

Hi guys,

Sorry I'm not very active here lately. I think about you often but I have a lot going on as usual and I can't write much on my phone because my arms hurt. I'm sleeping quite a lot lately, I think it's probably because as you know wd symtoms morph and now I've gone these past days from crippling anxiety to crippling fatigue. I drag myself to do what I have to do. I'd never had this wd symptom before but I've read about it. Someone would say it can't be wd due to my slow taper, but I know I have a lot of glutamate damage from all my past CTs and fast tapers so yes, the smallest cut is huge for me.

Anyways, like I said I'm sleeping, let's see for how long. Fingers crossed. I even napped today, I can't believe it. And I'd continue napping if I didn´t have so much to do all the time. I wish I was retired.

Nightengale I'm so sorry to hear about your dog having cancer. I do hope they can extend their life as long as possible with not much pain, or whatever decision you find is best. I feel for you, we love our pets so much. I'm impressed to read that your mum is 101. Does she live alone? That's amazing. I'm very scared of becoming old, I'm 53 and I can hardly walk around the block due to lumbar herniated discs and my neck is also a mess, let alone withdrawal, plus a rehumatoid condition and whatnot, so I think at age 73 I'll be happy to be out of here as long as my daughter doesn't need me by then. It's amazing you have this seniors helping seniors arrangement. Here we just die in elderly homes.

Trochsetter I'm reading you've walked off?? Oh my, that's amazing. I must confess I'm very jealous. I'll just keep living like this and making a little cut here and there, very far and between. If I ever manage to come off great, if I don't, I won't obsess. All I want is to be in my best possible brain to raise my daughter.

In spite of the fatigue, I'm noticing the mental sxs subsiding, especially the fear and panic. Oh God, yesterday I drove to a hospital which is 20 minutes away on the highway, and I was actually enjoying the drive! Even on my way back driving at night with no fear! I hadn't felt like that in a decade I think. I just thought I could no longer drive at night. That's why I feel my brain must be trying to rearrange stuff up there, and even if I have to stay on a very low dose, I just want to drive, raise my daughter, and think clearly. I'm glad your sleep has improved in spite of walking off the poison. I went to the hospital for a UTI infection because of course, I have to get that too. My second covid shot is next saturday. I hope the UTI and the antibiotic is not a problem for that.

Hearmost I'm sorry you're getting 2 to 3 hours but that's much better than nothing and I guess it will improve eventually. In this group we all know what 2 3 hours sleep feels like. I think Nightengale is a pro at sleeping so little and still being able to write inspiring posts and going about with her life. I get very depressed when I sleep so little but then I come and read this thread and I feel better.

Take care everyone. Wishing you some decent sleep tonight.

Hi Val,

There’s some great things in your post today! Wow, not being anxious after feeling terrified for so very long is super fantastic! A sleeping like a log! Congratulations! 

You sound much more optimistic than a while ago. And of course you do: sleeping much better and losing the anxiety are great steps forward.  These changes showthat your brain is hard at work to repair the damage caused by benzos! How exiting !

You're right about nightengale: she's an absolute rock! (I know you'll be reading this NG  -  you really are an example to us all!)

I walked off last Tuesday. The last months of the taper went surprisingly well! I'm so grateful for that. Today's been a bit of a two-faced one: this morning was OK, the afternoon a little worse. But still able to go for a short bike ride.

Hope you have a pleasant Sunday and lots of deep sleep tonight!

Stay strong and trust things will get better!

TS

Hello all,

I got a little extra sleep last night (for me) and I am grateful for that. I got an extra hour or two. It was nice. Congrats, Val, on your quality sleep! I'm sorry you feel tired but getting that sleep is huge.

Troch, Wow! getting close to your week anniversary of walking off and really knowing how your body is tolerating it.

NTG, Good to know you did better with sleep last night and you're on track getting ready for your trip. I hope it's wonderful.

I am also down on anxiety too, which is good. I am not cutting for a couple weeks to stabilize and get through a stressful event that's coming up. I am down to 1.15 mg from 4 mg of Xanax! Now that my doses are getting smaller, I have to be more careful.

Happy Sunday everyone,

HM

[d7...]