Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi HM,

Wonderful you slept better and longer last night! Congrats!

Being less anxious is also a blessing! I'm really happy for you.

Things are going ok after 6 days of not taking benzos. But I do notice the difference.

Enjoy your Sunday.

TS

Hi nightengale,

I hope you sleep well tonight.

Have a safe journey and I wish you a nice time at your mom's.

Stay safe!

TS

Hi all,

Hope you all slept better last night!

My sleep was a 6 to a 8 last night: the 6 is for the time I had a cough. The 8 was for the rest of my sleep.

Felt rested upon waking up!

The 2nd week of being benzo free starts today.

Enjoy your day!

TS

I had about a 4 last night. I fell asleep and dreamed several times but woke up. It's better than nothing. I feel like my brain is having an easier time going to sleep lately. I just need to STAY asleep. Slow but sure.

Troch,

It's good to know you are feeling good after your jump! You were obviously ready for it.

HM

Hi HM,

Happy for you for the sleep you got! Staying asleep was my biggest issue too, until I got lower on Diazepam,  plus starting on Paxil. This was supposed to help my Polyneuropathy,  but ended up stopping my horrible anxiety! Great side effect, right? Later on I was able to get back to sleep again after waking up!

The last couple of days I tried to reduce the Tylenol,  but got more pain. So I 'm going to keep taking those for now.

Have a nice day, HM!

TS

Hi,

Hope sleep was better last night!

Mine was more than 8 hours! So happy. Forced myself to get up at 8.15 am, could have slept a lot more!

Enjoy your Saturday.

TS

Good day, I am home from visiting with my mom. The trip went well.  There were seven of us there for the week. Mother was happy with her family there.

My sleep was mostly gone. On Wednesday evening, we all had some ice cream and I slept 5.5 hours straight. Wouldn't you know! I've not had ice cream since my knee replacement and have slimmed down, so I was both happy and bummed at the sleep progress under the influence of ice cream.

Sleep my first night home was probably around 6 hours, also with some ice cream last night.  I'll figure out something so the weight I lost does not start creeping back on again. 

TS, that's great news the anxiety is gone while taking Paxil. It is a great side effect.

Sorry about the pain. At least the tylenol is helping. 

NG

Hi nightengale,

So nice to see you're back! I'm glad everything went well!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Wonderful to hear you had a couple of good nights. I always knew there was more to ice cream than just a lovely taste! This could be the sleeping aid you've been searching for!  😉

I saw the osteopath on Thursday. He gave me a gentle treatment; bending, stretching, rotating.  I felt like being hit by a freight train all of yesterday...Today's  better.

Enjoy your day and sleep well tonight. 🍦🍦🍧🍨

TS

Troch,

Congratulations on your hypersomnia! That must have felt good :)

NG, Good for you for getting a couple good nights.

I got my usual 0 to 3 but I did sleep a little bit and it was a deep sleep so it felt good. I'm hoping my brain will start staying in that state a lot longer.

Happy Saturday,

HM

Hi HM,

That's the kind of sleep we want ( and need)! 👍

Keep training your mind to look for that sleep! 💤💤💤

Have a pleasant weekend!😎

TS

Nightengale I'm glad you found icecream is your new ambien. Much less harmful. I hope it keeps working for you. Your mum must be delighted with all of you there.

Trotsch it's amazing you're off the valium!

Hearmost I'm glad you're getting a 4, not so bad eh?

Yesterday I got the second pfizer shot and I had a terrible night with shivers, fever, joint pain more than the usual one, nausea. Ugh, I was scared. Now I'm a bit better so I hope I'm sort of over it. I'll see how I feel the next days.

Hi all,

Valiumnomore, sorry to hear about the bad reaction to the 2nd pfizer shot. Hopefully you continue to improve. Both of my adult children had fairly intense reactions, also. They recovered in a few days. 

TS, it's good the osteopath gave you the gentle treatment.  Feeling better was a definite plus. 

HM, deep sleep sounds so very nice.  Keep it up if you can!

After three consecutive times eating a small amount of ice cream later in the evening, the sleep effect went away.  It was good while it lasted!

My dog made it through the trip to my mother's okay, but since being back, she has grown worse with not being able to keep any food down.  I've emailed the oncology vet at CSU today, so perhaps he will have some other ideas.  I gave her an anti-nausea med this morning, that the vet prescribed her for a once a day treatment at bedtime. So far, it has stopped the vomiting and she is sleeping.  I don't do well making the decision to put my dog's down, but I don't want her to suffer.

Life isn't easy.

NG

How awfully sad and difficult Nightingale. I'm so sorry. Sending gentle hugs to you and your angel dog 💞

How much sleep did you get last night. It was good while it lasted.

Hi NG,

Sorry about your dog. Hope he/she doesn't suffer. At least now the vomiting has stopped. Without food things can take a turn for the worse really fast. I understand you're in a tough spot. Hope for the best outcome.

The ice cream experiment was the best one so far with 3 nights of sleep. Maybe a different taste might do the trick again. Who knows.

The last short sentence hit the nail on the head! Let's hope and pray it'll get easier again.

Stay strong!

Trochsetter

Val,

Sorry about your reaction to the vaccine. That sucks  :( I hope you feel better very soon.

NG,

I am so sorry about your dog. That's awful. Whatever you decide is the right decision. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Troch,

I am glad you're still doing so well. You're inspiring. Last night was another 4 for me and I'll take it over a 0.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday night and lot's of good rest.

HM

Good morning,

I hope you all had a deep and refreshing sleep! It's so important. 💤💤💤

Mine was a 7 last night: several hours of good sleep, but also quite a bit of tossing and turning. It was warm and sweaty at times. But nevertheless a good night.

Woke up with stomach pain. Hadn’t had that for a long time. Most be something I ate yesterday. Could also be something post taper. It went away while having breakfast.

Another warm day. I'm going to take it easy. The garden wants my attention. Nothing crazy. Just some lawn mowing and deadheading flowers before the thunder and rain arrive.

Wishing us all a trouble free day.  :smitten:

Trochsetter

Good day all, I slept some. Perhaps 4 plus hours. I'll take it. 

TS, you did quite okay with sleep in spite of the heat/sweating. Glad the stomach pain went away after eating breakfast. 

Gardening is always good, as the end result gives us something to smile about.

HM, the dog is doing better, so I'm making an appointment with the oncology department today.  The goal is to give her better days, not cure her. 

We took her to our son and his fiancé's new home last evening and she loved exploring their big yard and house. She slept so very well last night with no vomiting,  after that adventure. 

Take care,

NG

NG,

I am glad you got some sleep and glad your dog did too:)

Troch,

I am glad you got a good nights sleep despite the heat. Enjoy your garden today.

I had the same night as usual last night. No changes. I got 'some' sleep and I am grateful for it. When I do fall asleep, it is a deep (albeit brief) sleep. My brain makes up for my insomnia by immediately going to a deep sleep. Then I wake up.

Have a great Monday,

HM

Hi nightengale 

So glad you got 4 hours of sleep!

Nice to hear your dog is doing better and had a good time at your son's!

I've always been a garden lover. The gardens are beautyful this time of year. Lots of shrubs are in flower in June, as well as early summer plants. The grass is lush and dark green this year. ( a wet and cool Spring).

Stay safe!

Hi HeartMost,

Nice to see you got some deep sleep!

I love your view on not getting much sleep! It's the same as nightengale 's: " be thankful for what sleep you get and don't make too big a big point of it". That’s the best way to approach and accept this thing!

A neurologist once told that the brain can recover in a very short time from a long period of little sleep. I believe he's right about that. Having said that,  I do wish you (and NG) a good long sleep !

The rain and thunder didn't come so far. Maybe tonight.

Enjoy your day!

TS

Good day all, thanks for the good wishes, TS. Last night was a wash for sleep. Perhaps 3 hours. 

I did get up and walk for almost 30 minutes and did some PT for my knee.

Summer gardens are always sweet.  Yesterday I spent time pulling out oregano and Johnny Jump Up violets that my husband planted in the front flower box a few years ago. They have taken over and not much else is growing there. At least the oregano is easy to pull out. The bees love the snap dragons, but they are sparse this year. 

HM that is good to know that our brains can recover in a very short time from little sleep.

NG

Hello nightengale,

Sorry for your too short sleep. Maybe next time...there's always next time!

My sleep was about a 9 last night! I had to pee once, went straight back to sleep and was rudely awoken  by the alarm! Imagine that.  More than 8,5 hours of sleep. I wish I could send you a couple of hours...

Yesterday I mowed the lawn and did some weed pulling. Then the sky turned black.  But no rain or thunder. Not until around 11 pm. Hardly any thunder,  but rather heavy rain at times.

Today is an overcast and much cooler day. Some drizzle even. Time to cool down a bit.

Hope your dog is still ok. 

Have a nice day!

Trochsetter

Hello NG and TS,

I had about a 4 again last night. I slept longer without waking up than usual so I hope that is the start of a good trend. I also slept deeply, albeit briefly.

TS, congrats on your beautiful sleep. I am happy for you. Way to go!

Hopefully, NG and I can follow in your footsteps soon.

NG, 3 hours is better than no hours so congrats on your getting some sleep.

Have a great Tuesday,

HM

Hi HeartMost,

I'm happy for you! There really seems to be a trend in your sleep!  That's great!

I have big feet, so both of you ladies can easily fit in my footsteps!

Enjoy your day! And sleep well tonight!

Trochsetter

[4b...]