Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I got about 2 hours last night. Maybe a little more. I am grateful for what I get. It was all in the beginning of the night. I was able to fall asleep relatively soon (unusual) and stay asleep a couple hours but that was it for the rest of the night. I don't know about you but I stay in bed anyway. I enjoy the resting even if I can't fall asleep.

HM

I've been tapering for a month. I'm lucky if I get 4 hours. Every single day I feel as if I have extremely severe jet lag.  Not even "all there" in terms of awareness. In a fog. 

I'm currently down to .5, (started at 2mg of Xanax). Like many of the rest of you, I got to where 3 mg would allow me to sleep for 2 hours. Then the anxiety came, and Xanax didn't work.

ANY HINTS/TIPS would be greatly appreciated.  I do take melatonin. I can usually accomplish sleep from 12am - 3am and that's it. Then I have to fake feeling well all day.

Hi everyone,

Hope your sleep was better!

I had a night with enough sleep, but a couple of vivid dreams ( again). But not as crazy or frightening as they sometimes are...

Enjoying the lovely weather. Doing all kinds of things I did before benzo.

Started to taper off my Paxil today. Taking it very very slow . This is my new goal after a successful Diazepam taper. Hope it'll work out just fine!

Have a pleasant day if you can.

Take care of your dreams.

TS

Hello Ann,

So sorry you're having sleep issues.  But you've come to the right place! There's fellow BBrs  here who are more than willing to give hints and advise. And - more importantly  - know what you're going through.

Stay strong, keep hoping for better times to come❣

Trochsetter

Good day all,  TS glad your sleep is going well, even with the vivid dreams. I've had some myself lately.

That is great you are doing some things and enjoying the weather. I have been doing the same with getting out and enjoying the summer days.

Good going with the Paxil taper. I have no doubt you will be successful getting off of those. 

Ann I wish you the best with your taper. Remember slow and steady for tapering is the best way to go.  Holding before another cut also works well depending on how you are doing/feeling. Just keep focusing on looking ahead each day and as TS said, we are all here for support.  Many on here have said, acceptance at whatever is going on as we taper and recover is the best way to go.  I can say that accepting not sleeping is incredibly difficult. I will address my wakefulness as if it was a person by greeting "wakefulness" how are you doing? It's good you are here, I've been lonely. Then I move on to my heavy eyes and greet them in some oddly funny way. ha Once I've taken the power  away from the insomnia, things do get better a little bit at a time. 

I also greet my racing brain with "hi there mind!" How's it going? Do you want to spend time thinking about something or do you want to put it to the side until tomorrow or whenever. I hear myself saying, put it aside. Sometimes I can fall asleep after I say that.

That's great you are doing okay with melatonin.  Keep taking it as long as it helps.

NG

No sleep again for me last night, but I was thinking I might not because I slept 6+ hrs with the help of a unisom the night before. I’m ok x

Troch, was your sleep really bad at one point? I’m so glad ur sleeping better now x

NG, HM, Ann hello xx 😘

Hello Shayna,

Sorry your sleep was "zero points" again. The good sleep earlier might well be the culprit.  O well, perhaps tonight or rhe next one...

My sleep was getting shorter and shorter about a year and a half into my taper. I did fall asleep quickly, but was waking up earlier by the day (night). Most nights woken by pain in muscles,  joints, back, stomach. And worst of all nausea. Impossible to go back to sleep. Anxiety kicking in. Seems like ages ago now...

It all changed after I had been taking Paxil for about 5 weeks.

Now most nights are ok, I do wake up several times, but fall asleep again quickly!

Take care. Stay strong!

TS

Hello Shayna,

Sorry your sleep was "zero points" again. The good sleep earlier might well be the culprit.  O well, perhaps tonight or rhe next one...

My sleep was getting shorter and shorter about a year and a half into my taper. I did fall asleep quickly, but was waking up earlier by the day (night). Most nights woken by pain in muscles,  joints, back, stomach. And worst of all nausea. Impossible to go back to sleep. Anxiety kicking in. Seems like ages ago now...

It all changed after I had been taking Paxil for about 5 weeks.

Now most nights are ok, I do wake up several times, but fall asleep again quickly!

Take care. Stay strong!

TS

TS,

How did taking Paxil affect your sleep and mood? How much are you taking and how long have you been taking it? I hope you don't mind me asking for details.

Thank you

HM

Hi HM,

Of course I don't mind!

After I started Paxil in May of 2020 it took abiut a month to get the pills working to it's full potential. Soon after, my anxiety (which was really bad) vanished. My sleep improved dramatically. The anxiety must have had a huge impact on my sleep. I got stronger again because I got more sleep, started exercising more ( bike rides and walks) and my 1,5 years of nausea stopped. Ergo: my lust for life returned!

I took 20 mgs of Paxil daily for 14 months. Yesterday I started to taper it off.

Hope this helps you.

Take care.

TS

Hi HM,

Of course I don't mind!

After I started Paxil in May of 2020 it took abiut a month to get the pills working to it's full potential. Soon after, my anxiety (which was really bad) vanished. My sleep improved dramatically. The anxiety must have had a huge impact on my sleep. I got stronger again because I got more sleep, started exercising more ( bike rides and walks) and my 1,5 years of nausea stopped. Ergo: my lust for life returned!

I took 20 mgs of Paxil daily for 14 months. Yesterday I started to taper it off.

Hope this helps you.

Take care.

TS

Why are you getting off of it when it had such a positive impact? Why not just stay on it?

Hi HM,

That's a good question!  Not quite sure myself.  But I feel it's better to do without meds that mess with your head.

Plus: I would like to do without its side effects, which I 'm sure it still causes.

But for now I 'm going to try and see how things go while tapering off slowly.

TS

Hi all,

TS, I wish you the best in tapering off of Paxil. You are doing so very well with finishing your taper off of benzos and now for Paxil. I did like you and got off of all the medications I was taking. There might be some I would consider staying on, such as for high blood pressure or cholesterol, but I've never needed either one, so it is a moot point, I suppose.

Shayna, I am sorry your sleep is so bad! Please hang in there and I am glad you did get some sleep with unisom!

I slept well last night and even went back to sleep this morning, after i told myself I could take the morning off and not walk. It worked!

The weather here has been quite nice with the heat not too bad. My garden is growing, but nothing is ready to pick, yet. Hopefully next weekend a zucchini will be ready.  Tomatoes are another week or so off and the Italian beans, who knows.

NG

Hi everyone,

That's wonderful news, nightengale!  Congrats to you. Great job in getting back to sleep. Makes starting the day a lot easier.

Yes, I want to get off of the Paxil. I hope my knees, sight, muscles to name a few will improve once the Paxil is out of my system. Going well sofar.

Your garden (veg and fruit?) sounds lovel!. Any (cut-)flowers and perrenials as well? I used to have raspberries, but now only Japanese wineberries. Delicious! The first are ready for picking today. Love them!

Didn't sleep too much night before last because of thunder, warmth and a  musquito...Last night was better, but still too warm. It's quite humid at the moment with rain and thunder on a daily ( nightly ) basis.

How's your sleep atm Shayna?  Doing any better overall?

Have a pleasant day!

Trochsetter

NG, Congrats on your good sleep night before last! That's awesome.

Shayna, How are you? How was your sleep last night?

TS, Good luck with your taper. If you're having issues, then it's best to get off of it.

I got an extra hour (for me) last night so I am happy. I also had less broken sleep. Still broken but better. C'mon, brain! Get better! I am hoping tonight goes as well or better.

Happy Monday all!

HM

Hi HM,

Well done you! Keep talking to your brain like that and soon you'll be having 8 hours of quality sleep every night!

Enjoy your day!

TS

Hi guys x I’ve had 2 zeros in a row. It doesn’t seem I’m getting much at all on my own atm. Only when I take a unisom, but sometimes a couple to a few hours on my own. I need to take a unisom tonight because it’s my little boys birthday tomorrow. I’m so exhausted today. Don’t think I’ll go to gym today, but I’ll still walk.

Congrats HM on ur better night that’s wonderful.

Troch I’m sure ur Paxil taper will go well x

Sending u all love from down under x

Shayna, happy birthday to your son.  I may have to take a Unisom tonight too, despite the fact that I took one last night.  Will this be a mistake?

No, but try not to rely on them too much, because unfortunately they lose their effectiveness. I only take them if I have something important on or I am really really struggling.

Thanks for the wishes  :)

Did it help u get some sleep? Xx

Yes, it did - maybe 4-5 hrs, but I've felt extremely groggy all day.  My growing worry stems from my inability to get any sleep at all on my own.  If I take a break I'll probably be sleepless until the next dose.

Yes, it did - maybe 4-5 hrs, but I've felt extremely groggy all day.  My growing worry stems from my inability to get any sleep at all on my own.  If I take a break I'll probably be sleepless until the next dose.

KA,

I understand your concern about not being able to sleep on your own but I am glad you have something you can turn too. I have tried Unisom and it didn't work for me. I take melatonin (10mg) and it is debatable whether it is helping me or not. I trust it as I took it for years before benzo's and it always worked great and caused no problems (including tolerance...until now). Nothing really helps me so I have to rely on brain healing. Anyway, congrats on your 4 to 5 hours. I hate that you were groggy but I am glad it worked for you.

Take Care,

HM

That's the rub, HM, I can only take it intermittently or it will lose its effectiveness.  Maybe I'll try melatonin tonight, although I haven't felt much benefit.  It's really maddening.  At least I can vent to you and Shayna and get a sympathetic ear. 

The grogginess will wear off eventually too. I take 1.5 and I don’t get groggy most of the time. I am glad u got some sleep.

I’m feeling awful today. This is so difficult

The grogginess will wear off eventually too. I take 1.5 and I don’t get groggy most of the time. I am glad u got some sleep.

I’m feeling awful today. This is so difficult

I hope you have a great time at your son's birthday tomorrow! I know you plan on being fully engaged with or without sleep. I hope the Unisom helps you get some good rest so you're bright eyed and busy tailed:)

HM

[4d...]