Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of sleep some of you still go through. I can only say, Hope it gets better. 

Today is 1 month and 2 weeks since coming off Diazepam! Yay, feeling good!

Was prescribed eye-drops for my vision issues. Nothing too bad, the doctor said. I read that most of the symptoms can be caused by benzos and antidepressants. Going with that for now. 

Getting more muscle strenght by the week. Less pain as well. No Tylenol for 2 days in a row now.

Hope your days was / is a pleasant one!

Trochsetter

TS, Congrats again! Must feel good:) I still have a few months to go.

Last night, I got my usual approx. 3 hours. No extra hour last night. Today I feel OK though. I was really tired, despite not sleeping much, and ended up laying in bed an extra hour and I enjoyed it:)

It's touch and go with my sleep.

Happy Tuesday everyone,

HM

Good day all,

I have the day to myself, as our son took his dad fishing today.  I am meeting a friend for lunch, so do I have some plans.

If the guys are successful at catching some trout, we will have fish for dinner tonight.

Hopefully my husband is not too much of a handful for our son today. This summer the Alzheimer's is moving along more rapidly than before.

My sleep does continue to improve, so I am happy. 

HM, the extra hour in bed is always nice.  If I had known how little sleep I could exist on, I would have never filled that prescription for clonazepam and Ambien. Oh well, I did and by the powers that be, I am free of the drugs. 

Shayna, happy birthday to your son!

TS congratulations on the one month and two weeks off of diazepam! Now you are also Tylenol free! You are doing so well.

I hope the eye drops help with the vision issues. 

NG

Hello nightengale,

So glad you have the day to yourself! Good to get the pressure off for a time. Hope you'll have a very nice day with your friend. Bon appetit!  :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear your husband 's Alzheimer 's is getting worse. I really respect how you're dealing with everything life trows at you!

Would be great if your husband and your son were to have a pleasant day and on top of that, catch some trout!

They tast wonderful.

Sooo happy your sleep is still improving!!  :)  Good things come to those who wait...

HM and Shayna: wishing you a great day and better sleep tonight!

Stay safe.

Trochsetter

I might have gotten one hour last night. So hard, sometimes, to believe it's going to get better. Since I started tapering, 3 months ago, I have consistently gotten 0 to 3 hours of sleep with only a couple exceptions.

I am considering going to the hospital. I am having some unwanted dark thoughts in relation to my depression about my insomnia.

They will undoubtedly either rapid detox me or CT me off Xanax and then I will be even worse. Stuck on what to do.

HM

Edit: Content

Hello HM,

Sorry your sleep is still bad. It's a hard thing to deal with. Please try to stay positive about your recovery. So many people on here tell us, their sleep did come back.

Have you tried getting outside more, taking walks in nature, distraction techniques,  Melatonin, etcetera?

When dark thoughts get in our head, is it wise to see our doctor. I wouldn't do a rapid detox if it were me.

Wishing you a lot of strenght !!  :smitten:

Stay strong and keep hope!  :thumbsup:

Thinking of you! Trochsetter

I might have gotten one hour last night. So hard, sometimes, to believe it's going to get better. Since I started tapering, 3 months ago, I have consistently gotten 0 to 3 hours of sleep with only a couple exceptions.

I am considering going to the hospital for SI. I am having some unwanted dark thoughts in relation to my depression about my insomnia.

They will undoubtedly either rapid detox me or CT me off Xanax and then I will be even worse. Stuck on what to do.

HM

Hm, I used to have dark thoughts and sometimes still do, but don’t let them win. It is very difficult but if this only started for u when the taper started then that is absolutely just wd and will pass. Stay strong. Join the zero to 3 group I just started so we can all keep each other up. U aren’t alone.

Troch and NG Thanku for well wishes. My little boy had a great day Thanku x I took him to breakfast with hubby, toy shopping then to seaworld. I even went on a rollercoaster with him x somehow we get thru our days

Sending u love x

I'll join the group. I hope others are brave enough to come out and join too. I've seen many posts by people suffering severe insomnia but then they disappear. HM

I was wondering if anyone here tried  sleep training where you go to sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time, anyone tried this?  they say it really helped.

Hi Bonty,

Yes, I did ( and more or less still do).

No matter how exhausted I was,  I was in bed by 11 pm. Sleep or no sleep,  I got up at 7 am again. I was having lots of Fibromyalgia pain at the time, so most of the time I dragged myself out of bed much earlier.  Luckely, those horrible nights are long gone. ( since May of 2020).

Nowadays I still keep to those hours, but much less strict. It goes without thinking, as it were.

"They" say routines are paramount to get back to a more normal life. I think it's true.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your sleep!

Trochsetter

I am considering going to the hospital. I am having some unwanted dark thoughts in relation to my depression about my insomnia.

HM

Edit: Content

Hear most I'm sorry you're going through this. The er will put you on more psych meds. I'd really hold and stop tapering if possible for now, although I remember your doctor doesn't allow a slower taper? Praying for you 🙏

Hi all, my sleep keeps improving. Wohoo!!

I am sleeping six or more hours each night.  The book I ordered in May does seem to be helping, thought it took time. 

Last night I awoke from the sound of a crash. It was 3 am. I went upstairs and found my husband sitting on the side of the bed with his flashlight on. What happened, I asked. He dropped something but did not know what.  I turned some lights on and it was a bottle of antacid. Whew, at least it was not him.  I went back to bed and even went back to sleep!

Like TS, I go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time each morning. After I was put on Ambien and Clonazepam, I developed RLS, which kept me awake quite often.  After my knee surgery, I had muscle spasms in my lower leg. They are now gone.  If my feet get too warm, the RLS does come back, but it is usually a quick fix of taking off my socks or finding a cool spot in my bed. Not eating any simple sugars also helps. 

HM, I agree with valiumnomore concerning going to the ER and being put on more psych meds. A long hold worked very well for me during my taper.  Hopefully your doctor will give a little so you can do this.  I would definitely talk to someone about the dark thoughts. I've had them, also, so understand.  If the ER is the only place you can get help, then please do this. 

NG

Hi nightengale,

That's great: your sleep is still improving!  Really happy for you! And some say reading a book isn't good for us...

How was yesterday? - lunching with a friend,  husband and son gone fishing.  Did you ( and they) enjoy it?

Was it possible to relax body and mind a little? It's so healing to be able to leave it all behind for a couple of hours!

Glad it wasn't your husband making that sound! Wonderful you could get back to sleep.  A major breakthrough, I 'd say.

Hi HM,  I hope you got some much needed sleep last night. NG and Val gave you some sound advise. I wish your situation will improve soon! You're stronger than you think!

Saw the osteopath again this afternoon. He did some back- and hip bending and dry-needling again. It has really been very helpful these 4 sessions.  So I'm going to stop the treatment for now and see how things go.

Summer has left the country today and gave way to autumnal weather for at least a week. Ugh!

Wishing us all a lovely day!

TS

NG,

Congratulations on your ever improving sleep! That's awesome. I'm happy for you.

TS,

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.

VNM,

Thanks for your sound advice. I did not go to the ER and increased my doses. I am going to go back to more frequent dosing and hold a bit longer.

So, I tried trazodone last night. For depression and insomnia. I was able to get a little more sleep than usual. Maybe 4+ hours or so. I have heard you can reach tolerance with it and so need to be careful. I hope that doesn't happen with me anytime soon. I'll let you know if it keeps working for me.

Happy Thursday everyone,

HM

I was wondering if anyone here tried  sleep training where you go to sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time, anyone tried this?  they say it really helped.

I did it for a year and did nothing for me unfortunately x I did actual cbti therapy for insomnia. I do go to bed and get up at the same time mostly tho. But I don’t get out of bed if I can’t sleep, I just rest. It doesn’t really work for benzo insomnia. It’s a receptor issue, not a psychological issue xx

Ng! Way to go with ur sleep! Great news xx

HM I’m so glad u got some extra sleep and if it helps the depression then bonus honey xx

Troch and val sending love x

I tried my grounding mat last night, I was falling asleep on the couch, that hasn’t happened for a while x

HM I've been two years on 50 mgs trazodone no issues, still sleeping. I think the gabapentin does more though but it's more difficult to come off. I'll answer properly to the rest of you nice people when I'm back to routine.

HM I've been two years on 50 mgs trazodone no issues, still sleeping. I think the gabapentin does more though but it's more difficult to come off. I'll answer properly to the rest of you nice people when I'm back to routine.

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

HM

Shayna, that is awesome the grounding matt helped! Woohoo!

My sleep was more hit and miss last night, but I did still sleep better than in the past months. 

I feel pretty okay this morning.

HM, thanks for the good wishes. I am enjoying the more restful nights. I still wake up a few times, but do manage to get back to sleep. This morning it didn't work out, but I'm okay with that. I did get up and walk for 30 minutes, which helps me to feel more positive.

I wish you well with the trazodone, Four hours is not so bad.

TS, lunch out was nice. It was great not having to worry about my husband and then hurrying back home again.  I could just relax.  The guys did not catch any trout, as the wind was blowing and trout do not bite in the wind. Our son took his dad out to lunch and then they drove back down the mountain well before rush hour commenced.

I hope you are doing well.

NG

Hello everybody,

NG,  it sounds like you had a wonderful time! Well deserved too! Nice for your husband and son as well! Your nights still tend to be 

getting  better albeit it slowly  by the sound of it.

I had a quiet day. The gardener came round for some pruning and weading. I did some chores in the house ( the cleaning lady is on  her

holiday). Did some tanning while the sun  was out and watched tv - the Olympics. Went for a short bike ride before the rain started.

HM and Shayna,  wishing you all the best. 

Have a pleasant day and a good sleep!

TS

Hello everyone,

TS,

Sounds like you had a nice day:) I hope you got some color out in the sun and are feeling good.

NG,

Glad your son and husband had a good time even if the wind was blowing and they didn't get any trout.

VNM and Shayna,

Hope you are doing well!

I got a little less sleep last night. Trazodone didn't do a repeat performance for me although I am going to keep trying it. I did get some sleep but not much. Trazodone does help a little with depression too.

Happy Friday!

HM

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a better night! I just won't stop hoping!

Mine was a 7 or a 8 last night! Slept some 7 hours in a row. And even without crazy dreams. Well, just the one.

Down from 20 mgs to 19 of Paxil. Do notice the taper a bit sometimes,  but nothing too bad.

Have a peaceful Sunday!

TS

Good day all,

TS, your sleep is so amazing! Seven hours is perfect.  Nice the crazy dreams were down to one.  Keep up the good work with tapering off of Paxil. That's good the taper isn't too noticeable.

HM, I hope you had a  better night with sleep.  That's good the trazadone is helping with your depression.

Last night I did not sleep much for some reason. Tonight will hopefully be better.

We've been getting quite a bit of rain and cooler weather, which is nice.  I need to spray for weeds in the lawn, but I need a warm day with no rain, so I'll wait until later in the week, when the rainy weather goes away.  I'll probably fertilize the grass today.  My husband always did this, but he no longer knows how.  I've noticed the last few months, he has stopped doing even the smallest chore, such as taking out the trash. Oh well, I've done all this before, so doing it again is certainly okay. 

I wish you all a good rest of the weekend.

NG

TS,

Congrats on your successful sleep! How nice :) and good luck on your Paxil taper. Are you cutting your pills? or doing liquid?

NG,

Sorry you struggled with your sleep last night but I am glad you're well enough to take on your husband's chores that he has forgotten about.

Shayna and VNM,

Hope your doing good.

Last night was typical for me. I got a couple hours of sleep (I think) and the trazodone is helping with my depression. I am tolerating the situation very well.

Happy Sunday to you all:)

HM

[b4...]