Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello nightengale,

Lost another posting...never mind, here we go again:

So glad you're starting to sleep better! I 'm confident things will keep improving.

Great news about your knee, as well. Soon you'll be running the marathon...😃

Hopefully your Sunday is a nice one.

Stay safe! 

TS

Good morning, another rainy day/week here.  I have PT this morning. My knee is still quite stiff. Hopefully that gets better.

Sleep was gone last night.  I wish I knew why.

One thing I do know is if something works to help me sleep, it goes away after the 2nd time.

This goes for self hypnosis, relaxation techniques, otc sleeping pills, foods. I know this is common on here, but I really don't understand why.

TS, I hope your sleep is still doing fine and you are feeling good.

Rodolfo, wishing you better sleep, also.

NG

Hi nightengale,

It's a good thing to do PT.  Recovery after surgery just takes a while. Things can't be rushed.

So sorry your sleep was messed up again. By now you have a large arsenal of tricks to try and fool your mind. Hopefully you'll  stumble upon one that works longer than twice in a row.

My sleep is mostly fine, but lately I 've been having nightly sweats. Some nights I wake up all wet! Just like you, I can't figure out what causes it.

My backpain is worse than it's been in a longish time. Again, no idea why.

But, we just gotta soldier on!

Stay strong!

TS

Good day, TS, you are right about finding something in the arsenal that will keep working.

Until the knee surgery, I would do a series of relaxation techniques that would put me right to sleep when I first went to bed. Typically for an hour, but now and then it would be several hours before I woke up. That has gone away for now. Hopefully it comes back.

That's good news your sleep is staying fine.  I've had the nightly sweats in the past. They did go away after a time. 

Sorry about your back pain. 

I am wishing you to feel better soon.

NG

Hi nightengale,

Nice to hear from you again. 

Sorry your sleep is still playing tricks on you. But, it will return, that's for sure.

I have pain and muscle weakness, but otherwise I feel fine. I know it may sound stupid, but being an ex - benzo person yourself, you know what I mean.

Yesterday was a good day: in the morning I biked for an hour,  in the afternoon I mowed the lawn, later I howed the weeds and finally, went for a walk in the evening.  Today I feel like crap! Oops, I overdid it again...

Taking it easy today.

Yesterday we had lovely weather,  today it's been raining for hours ( plus thunder).

Hooe your day is good and tonight will be great!

Take care.

TS

Hi Rodolfo,

Well, at least you got a few hours of shut-eye! Every minute of sleep counts.

Hope everyone had a better sleep last night!

Today I 'm down to 0.5 mg of Diazepam!  Hope to walk off this time next month!

Wishing us all a pleasant day!

TS

Good day everyone, TS, that was an amazing day you had with biking, lawn mowing, yard work, and walking! Yes, you did over do it, but the fact that you did it was pretty great!

The rainy weather was helpful so you could recover.

Congratulations on being down to 0.5 mgs of diazepam!! That's great news!!  You are getting there!!

Yesterday, I saw my surgeon. I do not need to go back for another year. I am still seeing my physical therapist twice a week and doing therapy on my own each day.  I'm happy to be putting this all behind me.

NG

Hi nightengale,

Great news not having to see your surgeon for another year! On your way to complete healing.

The PT is good. I have some exercises I do on a day on day off routine. Mostly to try and increase muscle strenght and some stretching. Saw my podo- therapist this morning. He did some painful corrections to my ankles and toes.

Today is another rainy and windy day. So a good time to take it easy.

Hope you have a nice day. And good sleep as well! After a few really good nights, last night wasn't.

Lots of tossing and turning.. so I woke up still feeling sleepy and tired.

Till  next time.

TS

Hi everyone,

Hope you slept better.

My sleep was really good  last night! Some 7 hours straight. Woke up just after 6 am to go the bathroom. Slept lightly for 2 more hours.

This morning at breakfast I decided to skip Tylenol. Bad decision! Around noon I had stiff and painful muscles all over. Two Tylenols and a few hours later I felt ok enough to go for a 20 minute walk.

Wishing us all nice day!

TS

TS, Congratulations on that amazing sleep! I am so happy for you!! Keep it up!

At  least you know the Tylenol is working quite well. Glad you got in a 20 minute walk.

Last night I slept a little better. I tried doing some gentle chair yoga before bed, and ended up being awake for some time. I finally drifted off to sleep and awoke an hour or two later. Was awake for a longer period of time, then slept again.

Today I feel somewhat more rested than the previous days.

Yesterday I was busy taking my husband to the doctor. He had complained of shoulder pain a few days ago. He thought it happened when he tripped on our outside deck a week ago. I gave him an Aleve and put the heating pad on it. The next morning, he said his shoulder no longer hurt. He had been sleeping most of the day in his recliner, which is unusual.  I had made an appointment with an ortho doctor for next Monday, so cancelled it when he was able to move his shoulder. Then later in the day, I noticed his arm and hand were incredibly swollen! I called the PCP the next morning and they got him in at 11 am.  The PA said it was most likely a cellulitis infection. There was no broken skin anywhere, but  that was the only diagnosis she came up with. An x-ray showed no bone or joint infection. The PA gave him an antibiotic shot and prescribed a weeks worth of antibiotic pills to follow. Today the swelling in his arm/hand is greatly reduced. 

So my PT exercises went mostly out the window.  Today I will catch back up. 

I hope your weekend is going well.

NG

Hello nightengale,

So glad your husband's swelling is reducing. That's a very good sign. It means the antibiotics are doing their job!

Since we can only be at once place at the same time, you didn't do your PT exercise. Big deal! The occasional day off is no problem at all, it might even be better. Who knows?  Sufficient rest is a big part of the healing process!

Our weather is deplorabele: much too cold and wet. Most of the Spring was so disappointing! Oh well, can't be helped.

Hopefully you can enjoy the weekend!

Take care.

TS

It's Monday already.  Our weather is finally sunny and warm, which helps a lot. I hope to finish planting some annual flowers and tomato and pepper plants.  We'll see what the knee thinks of all of this.

My sleep was better over the weekend, but last night went away.  At least I've been able to nap for two afternoons.  I feel so refreshed when that happens. 

TS, your weather sounds much like it was here. Cold and wet with very little sunshine. 

Hoping June will be sunny and warmer.

NG

Hi nightengale,

Glad you slept better over the weekend. Good times are coming!

Nice that you are able to taak naps. I never could for some reason.

Luckely most nights my sleep is good.

You're so right about the weather; it makes all the difference. Things are so much nicer when it's sunny and pleasantly warm! Congrats your weather has improved!

We're still waiting for the cold and wet weather to leave. And about time too!

Wishing you a pleasant day!

Take care.

TS

Good day, last night I went right to sleep for an hour, then woke up, unable to get back to sleep. I ended up listening to an grown up bedtime story, which did give me some more sleep.  Hopefully this works for longer than a night or two.

The last two mornings, I have gotten up and walked for 15 minutes.  I take the dog for a walk later in the morning and ride my stationary bike for 15-20 minutes a day. My knee is doing ok. Still sore and stiff,  but that will go away with time.

TS, I hope your sleep is still going well and the pain is staying away.

NG

Hello nightengale,

You're doing wonderful, taking walks and riding your stat.bike. Soon your knee is going to be right as rain again.

Maybe these bedside stores turn out to be the holy grail of sleeping.

I walked and rode my bike yesterday. And it was the day I do muscle strenghtening excersises. So today is an off-day: more pain and muscle weakness.

My sleep was good last night. Some 7,5 hours. But woke up in pain.

Have a nice day!

TS

Good day, TS.

That is so good you are sleeping.  Hopefully the muscle pain and weakness goes away. 

Sometimes we overdo and our bodies are quick to let us know.

Last night i went right to sleep and awoke an hour later. I waited until 2 am to listen to the grown up bedtime story and did not go to sleep. That one worked for one night. uff

Around 5 this morning, I turned it off,  and finally went to sleep.  Go figure.

On a sweet note, I have two clear plastic ball bird feeders on my front porch, outside of my kitchen window. One of the balls had been dropped by my husband, in an attempt to re-fill it with bird seed. He taped it back together a few years ago and eventually it fell apart, so I taped it again, last year.  There are two  feeders  18 or so inches apart that attracts purple finches, house sparrows and an occasional flicker.  The taped one has been taken over by a pair of purple finches building a nest. She is now sitting on her eggs.  I can picture this couple saying, it's out of the weather, plenty of food available, so let's build  a nest here!  I must take a picture of her sitting on those eggs. 

The last few years she has attempted to build a nest, then for some reason abandoned it. This time she finished!

NG

Hi nightengale,

That surely is a sweet story. I love this time of year, with all those nesting bird. And hopefully the little ones in a few weeks time.

Something you can watch for a while,  beats tv, right?

So, another box to tick in the search for means to get back to sleep. What about a bedtime story for kids, or better still, for sheep!

You'll find something that'll work for longer. Or perhaps take a benzo..? 🤣😉🤮🥵

Went for a walk this morning, things went fine. Mowed the lawn: ditto. A day of rest works wonders, at least sometimes.

Wishing you a nice day.

TS

Nightingale I've just come to say I sometimes read this thread. I don't write because my arms hurt so I dosify writing. You have a very loving vibe and I really love the way you deal with little sleep. I hope your knee recovers fully.

Troschetter it's always nice to read you too.

Hi valiumnomore,

Nice to see you back again too!

I saw your occasional posts in a couple of other groups. Sorry you're in so much pain. I have always admired how you kept on working in that much pain! There's a lot of very strong people on BB.

I do hope things are going to get better for you soon. 

Stay strong!

TS

Hello nightengale,

Hope you slept well last night! You deserve it!

Today I 'm down to 0,4 mg.

Not feeling that great today. Could be because last Sunday I decided to speed up my taper a bit. I want off! Perhaps I have to slow down again and/or hold for a few days. We'll see.

Have a lovely day.

TS

Hi valiumnomore,

Nice to see you back again too!

I saw your occasional posts in a couple of other groups. Sorry you're in so much pain. I have always admired how you kept on working in that much pain! There's a lot of very strong people on BB.

I do hope things are going to get better for you soon. 

Stay strong!

TS

:smitten:

Good day, it is sunny and warm today. I need to get up and about so I can accomplish something.

I did walk for 20 minutes early this morning.  PT will come later.

The weekend promises to be rainy, so today is it for nice weather.

TS, the birds are better to watch than TV. I stopped watching regular TV some time ago. Seriously! I even stopped the Sunday paper.

The mother bird is diligently sitting on her next. Three days ago there were no eggs, but most likely there are now. I love spring and summer.

Kids bedtime stories might be more relaxing. I've tried counting sheep. :)

I do have a confession about benzos. No, I've not taken any, as I tossed my bottle of clonazepam within a week after I finished my taper. I added dirt and water to the bottle and put it in the trash.  I had been refilling my script as I kept tapering, just in case I failed, so there were close to 300 pills in the bottle. 

I do have a few..maybe 7-8, 10 mgs of Ambien that I did not toss. So a few weeks ago, I took one at bedtime. It did little for me in the sleep department and I noticed I didn't feel quite right. It wasn't a horrible feeling, but one I did not want to repeat.

I am happy your rest helped and you got out for a walk and mowed the lawn. 

Congratulations on being down to 0.4 mgs. That is great news. Like you, I wanted to just be done with the pills. Slowing down and holding really can be a benefit. I sometimes felt my best when I did a hold for a few weeks. 

Slow and steady wins the race.

NG

Hi nightengale,

My favourite month of the year is May. This May however was a very disappointing one: dark, cold and wet. But that's all changed: today was sunny, pleasantly warm and hardly any wind. Wonderful! Almost forgot what the sun and blue sky look like!

Did part of the garden today. Assembled a new garden bench I bought last week. Now was the first day the weather was fit for doing that.

My back ( probably muscles) is giving me more issues lately. Made an apt to see a specialized Physical therapist in the 2e week of June.

The birds are kind of live tv for you.  Enjoy! It always amazes me to watch those little creatures transforming from ugly miniatures into beautiful flying beauties in just a few weeks. I bet there's something special in the insects they eat!

Sorry to see your weekend is going to be wet.

Have a pleasant day!

TS

Good day TS,

Your May sounds like the May we've had here. Today is dreary and rainy.  Tomorrow is supposed to be much of the same.

Enjoy the sun and blue sky if it is still there.

The new garden bench sounds lovely.  Enjoy it on the nice days as they make an appearance.

I hope physical therapy helps relieve your back pain.  You deserve to enjoy pain free days.

Yesterday evening, we came home to discover a slaughter in our back yard. A hawk had killed and eaten a mourning dove just off of our wooden deck.

It was a tragic site with feathers everywhere along with what the hawk chose not to devour.  I respect hawks, but become sad and upset over what they must do to live.  Oh well, I'll get over it.  I cleaned up everything as much as I could and wondered if it was a female dove with eggs or nestlings waiting for her return.

Thank you for not giving me a hard time concerning the Ambien I took out of desperation to sleep. I CT that med in the spring of 2015.  I won't go that route again. 

NG

[3b...]