Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Ok so I just spoke with teva and they said they are still making the 1mg teva and it is on backorder and should be available by the end of August. But they said the .5 Is completely gone and replaced with the actavis. This is very interesting because I thought the 1 mg was gone too even thought it still shows up on their site. Then again who knows they have lied to me in the past.

Yeah, I think your right about the dumping with generics. I’ve been so tired for so long & now starting the lexapro, plus the cognitive problems & depression, it’s hard for me to know if I’m getting that dump whereoff effect. I just know crossover sent into deeper depression & im always tired taking solco & I take k all day & night, on hold till adjust to solco & hopefully lexapro will start working & not add sedation, except when I want to sleep. Teva did that before & then I heard it was getting discontinued too, so I did on last fill with 1mg like that & that would be another crossover for us & I have so much to taper down, I don’t really want to hassle with 1mg. I don’t trust teva to keep it going. Sounds like a good plan possibly for you, Dub. Good luck, let us know, SC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s hard to say what Teva is doing. When you call them in the US, it is customer service you are talking to.

I’m tired of calling them myself. They have recently relocated from the Philadelphia area to Parsiffany, New Jersey as their US headquarters. The Philadelphia location still has some people there who may answer phones, or maybe these calls now go into the New Jersey area.

Do any of these customer service folks know what’s  going on or not? I don’t know. All I know is to send them another email or give them another call.

I have not heard anything about Teva clonazepam at 1 mg being on back order. This is getting OLD and IRRTATING.

As far as the povidone, I know nothing about that either. I will send then an email and ask about the 1mg being on backorder. So fed up with this BS!

Thanks Dub.

Looks like the same one as before. Appreciate your response. I’ve just sent them an email, and tomorrow I’ll give them a quick call.

Please let me know what you all find out about the teva 1mg k. When did I miss that they were still producing it ongoing, as usual, with no plan to discontinue? Last I heard it was, whatever’s left of it & that’s it it’s done. Thanks intend for trying to help Dub & all effected by this. Boy you really take the bull by the horns, esp. when teva gets under your skin. I’m just imagining you :tickedoff:lol but truly you deserve a big dose of gratitude!

If it’s their norm & staying for good, & I could figure out how to either liquid or scale taper, I’d probably go back on it. I did read about the inactive ingredients even possibly doing something to increase gaba too, not sure if that’s same ingredient affecting release.

Best wishes all,

Dub and Jval,

I’ve never used a compounding pharmacy before so I’m don’t know much about them. I’m not sure if they can get Teva ingredients or what. I suppose they’d have to contact Teva themselves to find out.

I try to avoid updosing myself. I don’t think it did work out for me in the past.

A compounding pharmacy near me has to buy the bottle of the clonazepam powder and I’d have to pay for that bottle $575 just once then each refill after it would about $125. They could keep all inactive ingredients out and just use cellulose and make any dosage you want in capsules. Super expensive. I asked about its potency and you’d have to pay $300 to make sure if your script is for .5 mg that you are actually getting .5 mg. They said they are generally within 1%-2% of it.

Jo

Bob7 is making his own klonopin with some powder like this. You may want to reach out to him to see what he does. He used this to drop from .125mg to 0 in 125 days and seems to be doing well; I think he jumps this week. I did try a compounding pharmacy for a liquid taper and that was a complete disaster. I now wonder if they were using a different generic other than the teva I was used to for the klonopin.

Hey Scaredie I had thought they planned on discontinuing the 1mg as well whenever it ran out. But it’s been 3 months now and it’s still on their site and when I called they said it is on back order until the end of August and they would be getting more. After speaking with teva I called 3 pharmacies in my area and they all said they have teva 1mg, same pharmacies that stopped getting the .5 all the way back in May. So then I called back teva again asking them if they are sure they won’t discontinue their 1mg any time in the future and they told me they don’t know the answer to that. I would like to make sure it will be around for atleast another year before I decide to go back on teva in the 1mg form. Teva as a company sucks...... no one working there sounds like they really have any clue what’s going on. Wish there was a supervisor or something I could take to.

I switched to the brand name Klonopin .5 mg from being on Northstar and Accord before that and some generic in the hospital that was different. They all feel so different. I never took Actavis. I’m paying more money for the brand name but don’t know if I want to shell out upwards of a $1000 for compounding it. I haven’t started to taper off of 1 mg so that is going to add up. Then again I don’t know if it’s worth paying for the brand name if it’s not like Teva and dumps too soon as well. It’s all messed up and so am I.

Jo

Hey Scaredie I had thought they planned on discontinuing the 1mg as well whenever it ran out. But it’s been 3 months now and it’s still on their site and when I called they said it is on back order until the end of August and they would be getting more. After speaking with teva I called 3 pharmacies in my area and they all said they have teva 1mg, same pharmacies that stopped getting the .5 all the way back in May. So then I called back teva again asking them if they are sure they won’t discontinue their 1mg any time in the future and they told me they don’t know the answer to that. I would like to make sure it will be around for atleast another year before I decide to go back on teva in the 1mg form. Teva as a company sucks...... no one working there sounds like they really have any clue what’s going on. Wish there was a supervisor or something I could take to.

Thanks so much for the low down, Dub. I feel the same as you about wanting assurances, the frustration & stress from the hot teva mess & at least their k pin department sucks for sure. I know I don’t know how to get to any higher ups, nor have the energy to do so right now. I guess your left with do you want to take a gamble with it staying on the market?

Wish I could be more helpful. I think last time I called I had a much better experience with the med section prompt than the customer service guy with the accent. The med girl gave me npi #s? Whatever I’d # I needed to help my pharmacist order those 1mg & the customer service guy was like no you don’t need those numbers-I totally needed the numbers. Maybe try I think it’s the medical section instead of the customer service. Explain what’s going on, ask them your questions, they may refer you to customer service for if it’s going to stay on the market but customer service doesn’t know shit. Hope I made some sense & helped. Good luck

Well,

I’m going to say this:  I’m more than “ticked off.” I’m PISSED off, I’m furious, angry, you name it.

Teva seems to be constantly screwing up. The right hand literally doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

They bought Actavis which was a great generic company and took on so much debt to do it, that they’ve been on the edge of bankruptcy ever since. They already were the biggest generic drug maker in the world, and one of the biggest companies in Israel. They just wanted to play with the big boys like AstraZeneca, Allergan, and Pfizer.

I’m so fed up that in my email, I told Teva that numerous clonazepam users were now using other generics brands, and others were using the brand name Klonopin. Now I have more information from these responses, and I’m going to send them a f/u email.

The med department is supposedly the 1-888# and the custermer service #is the 1-800#. I’ve called both before, and they go to the same place as I recall.

Boy, it’s hard enough to taper off this stuff, but this kind of BS throws my CNS for a loop.

As far as talking to someone with an accent, I’ve had that happen also, so I’ve just asked to speak with someone who speaks understandable English.

Yeah, maybe I sound like I’m prejudiced, but I’m not. But this involves my health and my future, so I want someone to clearly explain to me in good old US English.

Well,

I’m going to say this:  I’m more than “ticked off.” I’m PISSED off, I’m furious, angry, you name it.

Teva seems to be constantly screwing up. The right hand literally doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

They bought Actavis which was a great generic company and took on so much debt to do it, that they’ve been on the edge of bankruptcy ever since. They already were the biggest generic drug maker in the world, and one of the biggest companies in Israel. They just wanted to play with the big boys like AstraZeneca, Allergan, and Pfizer.

I’m so fed up that in my email, I told Teva that numerous clonazepam users were now using other generics brands, and others were using the brand name Klonopin. Now I have more information from these responses, and I’m going to send them a f/u email.

I’m sorry your so upset. I get it, we all are with these idiots, I’ve just not the energy, spunk, nor knowledge that you have to contact them. You’re very passionate about it. I think I tried to tell whomever I spoke to last time that they were going to loose a lot of business by discontinuing it, but it wasn’t anyone that cared or could do anything about it.

Thanks for carying the torch for all of us suffering ex teva souls. Truly xx but hope you can find yourself some calm too xx

I’ve just started the cross to Actavis Sc.

I have to make sure that I can still get it, or I’m going to have to switch to something else.

Either that or I’m going to have to go to a rehab or something. I just can’t stay on this awful drug. It’s playing havoc with me, and I don’t feel all that great.

I just sent the f/u email. I’ll call them in the morning in my awful, weak voice.

Does anyone know what color .5 mg conozepam by Actavis is? Is it yellow or orange?

What color was Teva .5 mg clonazepam?

Brand name Klonopin .5 mg is orange.

Just curious about the dyes and how they affect me. I think I react badly to yellow#5 in brand name Klonopin and the generic made by Accord.

Jo

I’ve just started the cross to Actavis Sc.

I have to make sure that I can still get it, or I’m going to have to switch to something else.

Either that or I’m going to have to go to a rehab or something. I just can’t stay on this awful drug. It’s playing havoc with me, and I don’t feel all that great.

I just sent the f/u email. I’ll call them in the morning in my awful, weak voice.

Awe, I’m sorry, Intend. I don’t see the actavis going anywhere. Why did that come up? Teva company instability? I sure hope nothing happens to your actavis.

Sorry, I think I had a serious lexapro med head moment for about an hour or so, it was the 1st sense of peace & reprieve from total despair mixed with some silliness that caught me quite by surprise that I’ve had in a long time. So my perception was askew. Sorry it was during your teva crisis. Alas, it was a false alarm of improvement anyway. Almost made through a day tear free. Been feeling just aweful since starting the lexapro but holding out as there’s too much to explain why I need it’s assistance, but I desperately do.

Let me know your actavis is safe & ok, man this is really getting ridiculous for folks on k in general.

Be well

What color is the Actavis .5 mg clonazepam?

Thanks

Jo

The color of the pill is pink. But it says red dye on the inactive ingredient

Ok so you guys know how bob crushes his pills up into powder and mixes it with Microcrystalline Cellulose. What if we crushed up our pill and added some povidone powder to it. I see povidone is available to buy online. I wonder how much povidone was in teva.... is there anyway to find out how much of a inactive ingredient a company uses?

Thanks

Jo

Interesting. My brand name Klonopin .5 mg is orange and uses yellow #5 so does the generic Accord and it makes me super itchy and have massive histamine issues and burning skin and tongue and loss of taste. The generic Northstar which is a yellow pill but used yellow#10 but feels weaker. What color and dye was the Teva .5 mg? Maybe I need the Actavis generic.

Thanks

Jo

Thanks

Jo

Interesting. My brand name Klonopin .5 mg is orange and uses yellow #5 so does the generic Accord and it makes me super itchy and have massive histamine issues and burning skin and tongue and loss of taste. The generic Northstar which is a yellow pill but used yellow#10 but feels weaker. What color and dye was the Teva .5 mg? Maybe I need the Actavis generic.

Thanks

Jo

Teva is yellow # 6

I also noticed accord and brand K having the same inactive ingredients .

How are you doing on brand K, this is my second time tryin brand K and it’s still not working. Thinking about going back on actavis again, atleast on actavis I have longer windows.

Thanks

Jo

Thanks

Jo

Teva is yellow # 6

I also noticed accord and brand K having the same inactive ingredients .

How are you doing on brand K, this is my second time tryin brand K and it’s still not working. Thinking about going back on actavis again, atleast on actavis I have longer windows.

I’m not doing well at all on brand name Klonopin. It makes my heart tight and race when I take it and it lasts a long time. I’m thinking of going back to Northstar even though it seemed weaker but didn’t cause massive itching histamine issues nor the heart pains and racing heart. I can have it compounded but that would be $1000 or more throughout process of getting on it then tapering. I haven’t tried Actavis though. Is it supposed to be most like Teva? Did you do ok on it?

Thanks

Jo

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service.  Teva sells to wholesalers and distributors only – we do not sell directly to pharmacies.  Pharmacies may still have product on their shelves, however, all strengths of the Teva Clonazepam with the exception of the 1000 count bottle of the 1mg strength were obsoleted on 5/29/18.  The Teva 1mg Clonazepam in the 1000 count bottle was obsoleted on 7/23/18.  At this time Teva no longer has any product remaining of the Teva Clonazepam to ship out to wholesalers.  We do have the Actavis Clonazepam available and shipping.

I hope this information has been helpful in addressing your concerns.  Please feel free to call us at 1-800-545-8800 or email at www.tevacs@tevapharm.com  if you have any additional questions.  Thank you very much for contacting us and please enjoy the rest of your day. 

Kindest regards,

cid:image001.png@01CB4876.00748C50

Customer Service

Tel: 1.800.545.8800 (option 3, then option 5)

TevaCS@Tevapharm.com 

www.tevapharm.com

Good morning Teva Discontinued Support Group. I sent 2 emails to Teva yesterday as you all know, and this the response I got this morning. Apparently, the email goes to customer service. From this response email, you can see that the Teva in all strengths except the 1 mg were discontinued (obsoleted is their term) on 5/29/18. These strengths must be the 2 mg, .5 mg, and maybe the .125 mg dissolvable tabs? I’m not sure if they made those (the .125 mg or not). So this includes the bottles of 100 count, 500 count, and 1000 count in these strengths.

And it seems from the email that they still had the 1 mg in the 1000 count bottles available at that time. It is not clear to me if the 100 count and the 500 count bottles of the 1 mg were also in stock on 5/29/18 or what. But as per their email, the 1 mg was discontinued (obsoleted) on 7/23/18. So, as I’ve said (somewhere in this enigmatic and confusing situation) pharmacies are last in the “food chain” to know what’s going on. They may still have the 1 mg on their shelves, but with other generic brands on shelves, I guess they haven’t used them up yet.

And for whatever reason that I’m unable to discern or understand the people at that 1-888-838-2872 # are saying Teva 1 mg is backordered and should ship or be available (or whatever!!!!) by the end of August 2018 (10 days from now). That 1-888-838-2872 # is supposed to be the med department and know more than customer service (I guess), but whether or not the email goes to the med department or to the customer service dept, I do not know. The email I just got this morning was sent by Mary whom I’ve spoken with on the phone previously several times. At that time, we went through their product site thoroughly, and she said that the marketing dept was rushing to get product site updated. That was back in May/June. Looks like the marketing dept is still “behind.” At this point, I guess the email speaks for itself. Anyone here can call or email either number 1-800-545-8800, 1-888-838-2872 or email TevaCS@tevapharm.com whenever or maybe 10 days from now or thereabouts.

Can anyone list the inactive ingredients for Teva and Actavis clonazepam .5 mg? I’m currently taking brand name Klonopin .5 mg but it’s giving me ringing in ears, difficulty concentrating,and VERY bad parathesia- itchiness, sensitive skin, breaking out, acne, shortness of breath, burning mouth and skin. The generic Accord did this too and has identical inactives as brand name Klonopin. Generic Northstar did pretty good no parathesia but not strong enough. Maybe I need Actavis.

Thanks

Jo

Jo,

Teva gave me these NDC codes for both .5 mg Teva and .5 Actavis back in May or June.

Teva .5: 00093-0832

Actavis .5:  00228300311

I’m not sure about the dashes as the guy was in the usual rush on the phone.

But give it a shot.

Go to google and type in “Daily Med.” That’s a website that the federal government provides for us to identify the active and inactive ingredients in a medication.

Type those NDC codes into the search bar, and it should identify the medication and it’s ingredients.

Hope that works. Dub seems more familiar with this, so if he logs on here today, he can correct my instructions.