Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Thank you Jlavogt

I guess i will do a slow cross over to activis..and see how it goes..and i just cant figure out if they left an inactive ingredient out..an a dye color..mine had a dye color since they are greenish for the 1mgs..and when i went from the 2mg tabs to the 1 mg tabs cause the 2s were white so no dye i didnt have any issues..

i just hope i dont have to go out to like 4 doses again i just got myself to 3 doses so i could take 2 whole pills and only have to weigh the lunch dose..

and like you i have heard bad things with people going to real k like it was doing k on steroids..so dont want to try that one at all.

thanks again

deep

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Jlavogt

I guess i will do a slow cross over to activis..and see how it goes..and i just cant figure out if they left an inactive ingredient out..an a dye color..mine had a dye color since they are greenish for the 1mgs..and when i went from the 2mg tabs to the 1 mg tabs cause the 2s were white so no dye i didnt have any issues..

i just hope i dont have to go out to like 4 doses again i just got myself to 3 doses so i could take 2 whole pills and only have to weigh the lunch dose..

and like you i have heard bad things with people going to real k like it was doing k on steroids..so dont want to try that one at all.

thanks again

deep

Hey there I was thinking about switching to 4 doses, what is the best way to do it. Will I go through more wd at first or will I be fine.

Thank you Jlavogt

thanks again

deep

Hey there I was thinking about switching to 4 doses, what is the best way to do it. Will I go through more wd at first or will I be fine.

Hi DubCity

I took 2mgs of k 2xs a day for 30 something yrs as prescribed but when i started my taper as i got lower i switched to 3xs a day and finally to 4xs a day..and all i did was divide my doses out and go directly to it..

like if my total dose a day was 40gms (I dry micro tapered) when i was at 4mgs that would have been 20gms each dose then when i went to 3 doses it would have been 13 gms for 3 times a day and then when i went to 4 doses a day it would have been 10gms a day..

when i went to more doses a day i just changed it out and didnt hold as i was tapering like .001gms every other day alternating doses..and then when i got sick and had to updose and hold i kept taking 4 doses but when i decided to go to 3 doses i went right to it..and i never noticed any change as my body was still getting the same amount in a 24 hr period if that makes any sense.

I am now at 2.75mgs of k and i take 1mg in the a.m. ,75mgs at noon and then 1 mg at night...and when i start my taper i will start to take off .001gms again from my morning dose for a bit then will start alternating doses..

the reason i went to 4 doses i had gotten to 2mgs a day and it didnt seem like the dose was holding me until the next so it was suggested that i dose 4 times a day and it worked...but once sick i had no choice but to try and go back up and hold to pull out..and i have held at this amount for a yr and a half but want to start again but will wait until i get on the new brand first to see how that works out.

so good luck and just let me know if you have any more questions about it..it worked great for me..

deep

Thank you Jlavogt

thanks again

deep

I was put on brand name klonopin a few weeks ago from Northstar and it didn’t go well but then Northstar wasn’t helping after that so I just tried brand name Klonopin again and got really bad reaction. My heart rate went sky high and felt like I was dying. But now back to Northstar I feel in total withdrawl. Not sure what to do? Updose? I’m on 1 mg a day. I have horrific parathesia, urticaria, bloated belly, burnign mouth, tongue, skin, worsening eye floaters and blurry vision, super itchy and sensitive skin. I don’t know how I’m going to make it.

Jo

Thank you Jlavogt

thanks again

deep

I was put on brand name klonopin a few weeks ago from Northstar and it didn’t go well but then Northstar wasn’t helping after that so I just tried brand name Klonopin again and got really bad reaction. My heart rate went sky high and felt like I was dying. But now back to Northstar I feel in total withdrawl. Not sure what to do? Updose? I’m on 1 mg a day. I have horrific parathesia, urticaria, bloated belly, burnign mouth, tongue, skin, worsening eye floaters and blurry vision, super itchy and sensitive skin. I don’t know how I’m going to make it.

Jo

Hey Jo have you tried Propranolol for your heart rate? I’m in the same boat as you right now..... I wonder what has happened to us, I mean all we did was switch generics around. There’s Noway that could cause kindling I hope. Very strange indeed, wish we could get some answers.....

I did updose a couple days ago and didn’t find any relief. Hope it just takes time, I once had to updose a couple years ago and it took 1 month to feel better. Hope it works again this time around, but last time was from tapering too fast this time it’s just from switching generics. If that doesn’t work I’m going to spread out my dosage to 3 or 4. Take care

Thank you Jlavogt

thanks again

deep

Jo

Hey Jo have you tried Propranolol for your heart rate? I’m in the same boat as you right now..... I wonder what has happened to us, I mean all we did was switch generics around. There’s Noway that could cause kindling I hope. Very strange indeed, wish we could get some answers.....

Yes I took propanol Dec 2017 when I had been off klonopin for 2 months and I had a very bad reaction. I took it twice and I felt back in withdrawl. This is why in Jan 2018 I went on Xanax and began the benzo reinstatement. I don’t know what would happen now if I took it since I’m on klonopin and in withdrawl from switching generic and brand name. I can’t believe switching has led to all this. It’s the worst I’ve ever felt.

Jo

Jo

just a quick question..why did you switch from klonopin to xanax if i might ask..and how long were you on it before you switched back to k? because thats the one thing my husband asked me if k is getting hard to find why wouldnt i switch to xanax..only because that was the drug i was originally prescribed at 6mgs to start from a misdiagnosis 37 yrs ago..and then 3 yrs later when i was going to stop taking anything and no one knew about all these withdrawals..they did a direct crossover i stopped the xanax 1 day and started the klonopin the next day..i remember if i can recall right that i was sick for about 1 week from doing that and missed work..but then was up and back at work and did alright until i got low on this taper of k and lost my mom and son..so was wondering why you switched back..not sure i would want to ask my doc to go back to xanax dont even know if the brands are the same or if anyone even does a slow cross over like they do with valium

deep

Xanax has always worked for me and was thinking about switching over to that, but I was afraid of interdose withdrawal and how short the half life is would be impossible to taper off. I wonder if People here have tapered off Xanax. Would you need to spread the doses out to 6 doses or something? Greenstone, actavis and Sandoz Xanax have always worked great.

Xanax has always worked for me and was thinking about switching over to that, but I was afraid of interdose withdrawal and how short the half life is would be impossible to taper off. I wonder if People here have tapered off Xanax. Would you need to spread the doses out to 6 doses or something? Greenstone, actavis and Sandoz Xanax have always worked great.

thanks for getting back to me..and your right about the short half life..and you can find out if people are struggling with the Xanax if you go and read the Xanax thread and ask them...

my mind is working really hard on why this new kinds are throwing so many people with their tapers..because if they not are allergic to the dyes..and they took 1 ingredient out then there should not be a problem..

my thought is like if i was to give someone water mixed with gatorade for a long period of time and then i gave them just water without the gatorade they wouldnt get sick..but if i was to reverse that then they could if they couldnt tolerate the gatorade..thats where i cant come to terms as to why so many are being bit by this change..unless the k in it is not as good a quality and its like a 10 percent difference in how much is in it??? then it would be like a 10 percent cut at once..and if people were low or were not able to tolerate that much of a cut at once it would make them into withdrawals..

i wonder if theres any way to check that out with the makers of it??? and find out there has to be a reason..an i have enough of teva to slowly change to actavis over like 10 months but would have to put off starting my taper again for that long and that would be sad to me :(

Jo did you used to be originally on teva when the klonopin was working for you?

Yes I always took Teva Clonazapam for years never any other generic. Now I can’t get stable. And taking brand Klonopin made me feel the worst. Must be a much bigger dose but caused very bad reaction now I can’t get rid of that on top of everything else!

Jo

Dub

I was just coming on here to ask if anyone had tried dosing 4 times a day. I am definitely going to do it starting tomorrow.

How much did you increase? I went up 20% today and definitely felt calmed by my afternoon dose. I have not felt the effects  of the drug working in a long time but I also got a massive headache and then four hours later when the med dropped off I felt a yucky rebound effect of anxiety nerve burning crying type thing. This reaction four hours later is what got me thinking dosing every 8 hours is not working for me . Someone did post about an ingredient in Teva being like a time released agent. So I am sure dosing more often will help all of us. I am wondering if that will be enough and I can skip updosing and go back to my normal rate.

Deep

Ten months does seem to be a long time. Maybe try over a 4-6 week time frame.I think that the way the other generics are made without that time release ingredient is being rather hard on us. Dosing four times a day should help that and maybe an updose of 10% if you don’t want to feel a big cut. I think there has to be more to it than that because I have been holding over 7 weeks and would be adjusted to a 10% cut by now. From what I have seen most that changed to activis took a few weeks to stabilize and were fine. You will probably be ok since you are doing a crossover. If not dosing more often and/or a small updose should help everything else.

Hey Jen I updosed 10% a couple days ago so now I am at .125. But tonight I found a teva pill and took that for my night dose and bam 30 min later most of my wd went away and I felt better how is that even possible must be placebo? That was me saying teva releases slower because the only inactive ingredient that it contains which no other generic or even the brand k has is povidone. And if you research povidone it is what they use in extended release tablets to make things slower. A way someone put it was imagine drinking 6 beers at once compared to drinking 6 beers in 6 hours. So I hope spreading out the dose will help. Def sounds better to try dosing out before trying to switch to Valium.

thank you both for the replies,

and maybe if i do what you both suggest..do it in 4 to 6  weeks..stay really mind busy so i dont dwell on it which i am known to do..and then going back to 4 doses..maybe i can dodge the bullet and get started on my taper once again..that would be so wonderful..

Dub

Do you feel  like the updose is helping? I feel like it sedated me more but then the drop off four hours later is worse. I am moving to dosing 4x a day today and lowered my updose to just 10%.  I only did the 20% for one day yesterday and felt like the higher dose made drop even worse four hours later. I guess I need to take this slow. My first dose this morning with an 10% increase and split in four amount sedated me and then four hours later horrible drop off. Waited until the five hour mark to take the second dose and it’s been an hour with no relief. Trying to make sense of all this so I can find something that works to get stable enough to taper.

My plan is to keep with the 10% updose over the next 3-5 days and dose 4x a day to see how that feels. If still not stable considering dosing 5 times a day and increase the updose 20%. I am starting to wonder if K is just to hard for me to taper and should cross to Librium( I am a fast metabolizer of valium according to my gene test so that is not an option) I am just scared for the crossover withdrawal off k.

Dub

Do you feel  like the updose is helping? I feel like it sedated me more but then the drop off four hours later is worse. I am moving to dosing 4x a day today and lowered my updose to just 10%.  I only did the 20% for one day yesterday and felt like the higher dose made drop even worse four hours later. I guess I need to take this slow. My first dose this morning with an 10% increase and split in four amount sedated me and then four hours later horrible drop off. Waited until the five hour mark to take the second dose and it’s been an hour with no relief. Trying to make sense of all this so I can find something that works to get stable enough to taper.

My plan is to keep with the 10% updose over the next 3-5 days and dose 4x a day to see how that feels. If still not stable considering dosing 5 times a day and increase the updose 20%. I am starting to wonder if K is just to hard for me to taper and should cross to Librium( I am a fast metabolizer of valium according to my gene test so that is not an option) I am just scared for the crossover withdrawal off k.

Which gene test is that? I think I have metabolism issues too with klonopin.

Thanks

Jo

Genomind

Did your insurance pay for it? What was your out of pocket cost? Which doctor ordered this for you? What did you find out from it?

Jo

My insurance paid some of it. Maybe a third and I was billed the rest. My psychiatrist ordered it. Honestly I don’t think it is worth it. It tells you based on your genetics how you would metabolize the different psych med. It says I metabolize K just fine but I am having to dose 4 x a day now. Dosing seems to be based on the state of your nervous system but I am not sure.

My insurance paid some of it. Maybe a third and I was billed the rest. My psychiatrist ordered it. Honestly I don’t think it is worth it. It tells you based on your genetics how you would metabolize the different psych med. It says I metabolize K just fine but I am having to dose 4 x a day now. Dosing seems to be based on the state of your nervous system but I am not sure.

I asked my psychiatrist to order this test for me 5 months ago and she refused. Thought it might help. Maybe not like you said. Depends on the state of our nervous system.

Jo

Felt better today but not sure if it was from the teva I took or the updose. My major problem is just the adrenanal surge I have been waking up to, my heart is beating to fast it’s crazy has never happened before.... and it lasts all the way till sunset. I took some betta blockers today I think it helped.

I got my script of k filled today and was told the pharmacy i used was out of the actavis and the next shipment would be in thursday..an the brand they had now was accord..so they called around and sent me to another one that could help me..

so i talked to the pharmacist and she knew all about the change over and everything so i got my script filled and before i walked away i noticed it said teva brand on it..so i asked..and she told me they had enough to fill my script..she also said as my other pharmacy that they fill more of that med than almost any other and it goes quick..

thats why the other had no more actavis until the shipment on thursday and had to get accord sent in to hold them over

its strange but walking out with that script of teva made me feel like i had hit the lottery..even tho i know i am only biding my time..i think i have to wait at least another month before i try to switch over cause i dont have anything else..now my question is do i try and taper some now before i have to start to change or do i wait until i get switched over?

thanks

deep

I don’t know how everyone else is doing their taper, but I dry taper using a mg scale. Made me start thinking about drug distribution in a pill. Where is the actual drug vs inactive ingredient, maybe teva had there’s spread out more to the edge the part I break and take and the other brands have there’s closer to the middle the part I don’t take. So I was thinking about crushing the whole tablet into powder then weighing out the power and taking that instead. Let me know why you guys think of this