• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my script of k filled today and was told the pharmacy i used was out of the actavis and the next shipment would be in thursday..an the brand they had now was accord..so they called around and sent me to another one that could help me..

so i talked to the pharmacist and she knew all about the change over and everything so i got my script filled and before i walked away i noticed it said teva brand on it..so i asked..and she told me they had enough to fill my script..she also said as my other pharmacy that they fill more of that med than almost any other and it goes quick..

thats why the other had no more actavis until the shipment on thursday and had to get accord sent in to hold them over

its strange but walking out with that script of teva made me feel like i had hit the lottery..even tho i know i am only biding my time..i think i have to wait at least another month before i try to switch over cause i dont have anything else..now my question is do i try and taper some now before i have to start to change or do i wait until i get switched over?

thanks

deep

That is the lottery. Good for you! But good question. Maybe start now to see how you feel. Why strength do you have? 1 mg tablets?

Thanks

Jo

Felt better today but not sure if it was from the teva I took or the updose. My major problem is just the adrenanal surge I have been waking up to, my heart is beating to fast it’s crazy has never happened before.... and it lasts all the way till sunset. I took some betta blockers today I think it helped.

Dub

I wish you had a couple tevas to know if that worked or not..so we would all know its absolutely the med not being strong enough..the pharmacist did say that the inactive ingredient thats not in all the other ones..did act almost like a time release and now with the new brands it gets in your system faster but doesnt last as long..

I just read your other post...I started crushing my pills a really long time ago at the advice of my husband he said it makes sense to him to crush them all up and then weigh them out on the scale what the dose would be..it was a game changer and it made my taper until i got so sick so much better..i will always crush my pills and weigh them ..no matter what the brand..and i just keep the powder thats i dont use for my 18 days i do at a time wrapped in a pharmacy paper that i get off of amazon ..the same one i wrap my doses in..they work great and nothing sticks and you can just lick the little thats on the paper off so you dont miss anything. Hope that helps :)

deep

and sorry you are feeling so bad and having so many more systems

deep

Did you get the 1mg or .5mg teva

I get the 1 mg tabs..i get 120 a month..and i use about 2.75 a day but have enough for 4mgs a day the doc does that so i have enough for any i would lose with crushing but i dont lose any so i have just been putting them back

deep

Felt better today but not sure if it was from the teva I took or the updose. My major problem is just the adrenanal surge I have been waking up to, my heart is beating to fast it’s crazy has never happened before.... and it lasts all the way till sunset. I took some betta blockers today I think it helped.

Dub

I wish you had a couple tevas to know if that worked or not..so we would all know its absolutely the med not being strong enough..the pharmacist did say that the inactive ingredient thats not in all the other ones..did act almost like a time release and now with the new brands it gets in your system faster but doesnt last as long..

I just read your other post...I started crushing my pills a really long time ago at the advice of my husband he said it makes sense to him to crush them all up and then weigh them out on the scale what the dose would be..it was a game changer and it made my taper until i got so sick so much better..i will always crush my pills and weigh them ..no matter what the brand..and i just keep the powder thats i dont use for my 18 days i do at a time wrapped in a pharmacy paper that i get off of amazon ..the same one i wrap my doses in..they work great and nothing sticks and you can just lick the little thats on the paper off so you dont miss anything. Hope that helps :)

deep

deep

I’m not sure how dry taper works crushing the pills. How many mg do you know to take? Also can you provide a link to the scale and paper you use?

Thanks

Jo

Hey deep that is so smart! Does it last as long or hit you faster if you take it as powder instead of tablet. And what do you use to crush your pills into powder with, do you cover your nose and mouth while doing it, do u don’t inhale the dust? Can you please send me a link to the pharmacy paper thing I wasn’t able to find it on amazon. Thanks again

Dub

How long did you updose for before you started doing the dose 4 times a day? My updose yesterday was good but making it smaller doses four times was definitely difficult on my system. Wonder if I should just do one of the changes at a time. Updose for a week then switch to 4 x or if it’s better to rip off the Band aid and do it all at once. It was a very difficult day for me and spent most of it in bed.

Deep

That is what worries me. You never know when the pharmacy is not going to have your generic and try to give you something else. I don’t want to have to switch again on some off month. I used my Teva until I had to switch but looking back I wish I would have crossed over like you are doing.

I do have two Teva pills I found that I am considering trying but is it more to find out if it more potent or last longer or both? What was your experience with it yesterday Dub?

Dub

deep

deep

Ok so the teva wasn’t as fast hitting as these other generics even the brand. Felt like it lasted longer with a more even release, how clonazepam should be. These other generics look like their trying to be a copycat Xanax hitting hard and not lasting as long. I remember when I first got prescribed clonazepam 8 years ago I was getting qualitest then one day got teva and said omg these are way smoother. So I had my pdoc write teva only on my script for the last 8 years.

It’s a shame what has happened to Teva, sounds like their quality has gone down hill since they have gotten in so much debt recently. I was on another forum and someone said they were on actavis clonazepam since 2009 and when actavis started being made under teva it felt 50% weaker and he went into wd. So maybe if teva even still decided to continue making their clonazepam it wouldn’t even be the same again. 2 other sites that discuss teva being discontinued are drugs.com and medschat, it’s even more active than BenzoBuddies on this subject.

Wow so just after I say that I end up reading someone say they just got a new refill of the 1mg teva and it didn’t work the same, they also said the color of the pill was lighter and even the teva imprint looked different. Did you happen to notice this as well deep?

I went to bed as soon as i wrote the last answer and its 4:39 in the a.m. here and i just popped on for a sec to see what was going on..i have to head out to set up at the mkt ..but i will be back this afternoon..and i will check the pills i got yesterday and will let you all know if there is a difference..and i will just have to wait until i get a refill that has a different brand to see what the cross over will be like because as of now i have nothing but teva..

but i think between all of us we can figure it out..and figure out if we need to take more, more doses, or ride it out doing it..or if actavis will step up and if we all requested that brand..they have to order it in for you i was told by the pharmacist if its on their list of people they can order from..so if enough people did that then it would hurt the other brands and then maybe we could all get straightened out and not be in the mess.

take care and will be back later

deep

Dub

How long did you updose for before you started doing the dose 4 times a day? My updose yesterday was good but making it smaller doses four times was definitely difficult on my system. Wonder if I should just do one of the changes at a time. Updose for a week then switch to 4 x or if it’s better to rip off the Band aid and do it all at once. It was a very difficult day for me and spent most of it in bed.

Deep

That is what worries me. You never know when the pharmacy is not going to have your generic and try to give you something else. I don’t want to have to switch again on some off month. I used my Teva until I had to switch but looking back I wish I would have crossed over like you are doing.

I do have two Teva pills I found that I am considering trying but is it more to find out if it more potent or last longer or both? What was your experience with it yesterday Dub?

I haven’t split out my dosages yet. But I was thinking about splitting it into 3 dosages first and see if that helps before doing 4, doing 4 would be hard since I sleep 7 hours and I would have to dose it every 6 hours. But on 3 I could do it every 8 hours which would let me sleep in.

Yes I would definitely do 3. I thought I had read somewhere you were doing 4. Let me know how it all goes. I jumped from 3-4 doses because I could feel the dose lasting me only 4 hours. But just that change is proving difficult. I am not good with trial and error and fear I am causing my nervous system more damage with all the changes.

Is the consensus that activis is the best generic to take in place of teva? I tried accord and although I slept well I woke up with terrible anxiety and extreme brain fog. I didn’t feel right at all after taking accord. I still have some leftover teva but need to find a suitable replacement soon. How does activis compare to teva for anyone who has made the switch?

I believe activis ingredients are the closest to clonazepam without the time release ingredient providone. I could not get Activis in my area and went with Solco. I held for 7 weeks and still wasn’t stable.I am going to end up dosing  about 20% to be stable. But there have been some in this thread who adjusted to activis in a few weeks and moved on. I think Lynn was one of them.

I am in Az and all the pharmacy around here have Accord. I only found one that had anything other than Accord and it was Solco. I wonder if I was able to find activis if I would not of had to updose.

Intend were you able to stable in activis without much of a problem?

I thought Teva (who owns and makes Actavis) is all over the world.

Where in this world isn’t it?

Just curious.

Im in NY and they said Actavis is discontinued as well as Teva.

Jo

I am in Az and all the pharmacy around here have Accord. I only found one that had anything other than Accord and it was Solco. I wonder if I was able to find activis if I would not of had to updose.

Intend were you able to stable in activis without much of a problem?

I started out on Actavis before it was owned by Teva. I felt great on Actavis. Then Teva bought Actavis, and it wasn’t available for about a year. During that time, I was switched to Sandoz. Felt weaker to me, but I stabilized. Then Actavis (owned by Teva) became available again, and I was switched back to Actavis. This time I felt much better than on Sandoz, but started to notice problems with my voice. Then Actavis unavailable again, so switched back to Sandoz. By now I stabilized, but had serious problems with my voice. And now activis is available again, and I’m being very careful to work my way onto it again.

So that’s 5 switches between the 2 clonazepams. I’m not sure yet how Actavis will affect me this 5th time. I have a rare disorder called idiopathic subglottic stenosis that affects my breathing, and it’s been repaired with 14 surgeries. But it always affects voices and swallowing whether benzos are involved or not. My breathing is ok, but my voice is still not. It was much better on Actavis than Sandoz, so im hoping it will improve with this switch back to Actavis.

Arizona is a fairly large state. I’m in Utah, so I wonder why it is not available in Arizona. I have called Teva and emailed them several times. They have called  cvs here in West Jordan Utah while I was on the phone and it had Actavis there. And I called a cvs in a target store and they also had Actavis there. But West Jordan is a big suburb of Salt Lake City so finding 2 here is typical.

I have just googled cvs in Arizona, and Phoenix has 45, chandler 12, Tucson 26. And in other towns or cities, 1 or 2. Just a lot of small towns listed that may or may not be suburbs of major cities. I have never been there so I don’t know. I do not use cvs myself, but I use a smaller grocery store pharmacy. And they will order it for me. I also use Walgreens for my husbands meds, and they do not carry Actavis. They do carry other Teva generics, but they get whatever clonazepam is ordered by their wholesaler. They carried Mylan until Mylan stopped making it. And recently it’s been a variety of different generic brands, but never Actavis.

If you want Actavis, I would call at 1-888-838-2872 or 1-800-545-8800. Email is TevaCS@tevapharm.com. It’s worth it to find out.

I thought Teva (who owns and makes Actavis) is all over the world.

Where in this world isn’t it?

Just curious.

Im in NY and they said Actavis is discontinued as well as Teva.

New York is a really huge state. And I don’t know if you mean the city or the state. I googled again and found so many cvs pharmacies in the state and the city. There are 51 cvs in the city of New York.

Once again call the same numbers I just put in the other reply, or email at that same address. And leave your name, zip code and email address in your email to them if you want to find out about Actavis availability. You have to be very persistent to get answers. Some of these pharmacies don’t know anything as they’re the last to know anything.

[

None of the CVS around me have it. I have called them all. At this point it’s been almost two months on solco I don’t think I want to make another change again. Thanks for the info.

I lived in West Jordan briefly in High School. I loved it there.

Lots of things going on here in Utah now.

26 years ago is a very long time. Lots of controversy over those mountains now about building there. Lots of fires in those cabins in those mountains.

Way too much change for me. I’ve never been all that happy here in Utah. I come from Oregon and my husband comes from California. We met in Oregon when his brother was going to Oregon state university.

We ended up in Utah because he got a very good job with the Railroad. I’ll always miss Oregon, and so will he. We talk about that a lot.

So Jo,

What generic brand of K are you on?

Teva has facilities all over the state of New York. Really depends on their distributors. They have a huge list of distributors.

Just curious again.