• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my brand name K tonight. There was some insurance coverage so a two month supply was $75 ... this is reasonable I think. Going to start chopping some up tonight and I guess do alternate nights for the next two weeks or so. Of course I am on vacation next week then start the new job so the timing is really not ideal ... hopefully I will adjust just fine.

$75 is a steal!  Wow!  I was told it would cost me about $150 or more for 1 month's supply.  Can't remember exactly anymore.  I was shell-shocked when first told a while back, so I knew that

option was out for me.  I hope it goes well for you.

Take care.

NJ,

Great news!  So glad you got brand K at such a good price.  I wish everyone could.  I just post d in another spot to you but wanted to let you know that brand K felt like an updose for me.  I believe Bob7 said it did for him, as well.  Maybe this will even things out for you.  Wishing you the very best!

Love,

Uni

It did feel a bit like an updose last night ... I got very tired, which is good, although I don't feel I slept as well. Will actually alternate the doses for more than three weeks. Will probably start to space out after week three, two nights, then three nights apart. I am glad I can do somewhat of a transition rather than just a switch.

Off to see my mom today ... 4 hours of driving, these days are exhausting. My sister who lives 5 minutes away from her can never be bothered to help her, so I have to do these crazy days.

Has anyone heard from Scaredie? I hope she is doing ok, would love to hear from you Scaredie. Hope your ok :)

Thanks dub actually pmd you. I’m ok but goingback & forth from actavis & solco, can’t sleep, severely depressed, need new p doc & an antidepressant that will work ASAP. Started ms injections doing well with that hurtle to brain addled to explain everything to you all right now. Thanks for thinking of me.

First a week of activis felt like teeeth clenching, poor sleep, intrusive thoughts, headaches, sobbing, tried provigil prior to this big mistake! Then thought try lef5vover solco, even worse sleep, maybe more daytime sedation(so feel stronger in some ways), less teeth clenching, but still there, less intrusive thoughts, but if it’s updose, why worse sleep, still sobbing dark depression. Think it’s causing more daytime sedation, so started switching back & forth between the two. Miss & think of you all just really trying to find a newcphsychiatrist. Survival mode xx SC

Hi all who are probably not there.

So I started on a baby dose of escitalopram last night, 2.5mg, I hate to have to try a p med, but didn’t think it wise to put off any longer, goal is 5mg & no depression.

My big question here is about teeth clenching & jaw pain in relation to benzos, k pin specifically, but any benzo experiences with this symptom will do.

So I was clenching teeth on actavis plus other withdrawal type sxs so switched to solco about a little over a week ago, I have taken a couple of actavis since the switch trying to see if they were less sedating(I think they may be) I didn’t journal all my sxs since the switch but I started having bad jaw pain yesterday(prior to lexapro)for sure & am clenching my teeth badly again today, like I was on the actavis, think I definitely feel more sedation from solco too.

My question is when one crosses over to a different generic  or changes dose & then holds, how long is the teeth clenching jaw pain supposed to last? Days? Weeks? Etc? Is it supposed to be constant? Come & go? Will it settle down? How should one sooth it? It’s quite painful.

Thank you

Scaredie,

I’ve never had any of those sx. I would think it should settle down as you taper down. From what I’ve read some people get those form fitted, molded to the shape of your teeth type “things” and wear them when they go to bed.

I have one that protected my implants during all my surgeries. You go to your dentist, and they put a molding type gel over your teeth. Then they make sure it fits your teeth perfectly. You can probably get it for your teeth top and bottom. And maybe top will be enough to cushion the impact of that jaw clenching.

Hope maybe this might help you till this sx stops/settles down.

Thanks intend. Pretty sure those things are out of my budget right now or maybe I need a new dentist cause last time we spoke I believe he was quoting them high saying he gets them for the best price? Think he was saying some like $600 oh well can’t remember. Dub had the same thing when he switched from teva to activis btw be well dear

Thank, Sc.

I care about you. Maybe you can save for it? I try to save myself for lots of reasons.

I would like you to be able to get one.

You’re so kind intend. You have yourself together as an educated, functioning, had a career adult & can tell your great with ‘adulting’ & doing responsible things like saving. Thanks for caring pm ya sometime sobbing now

Scardie, you can purchase mouth guards at pharmacies that are very cheap.  My husband has a tendency to clench and grind his teeth.  He got his at the pharmacy.  You open the package and place the mouth guard in hot water [as I remember] and then conform it to your mouth.  Worth the small expense to save  your teeth and jaws.

Hope that helps.

Lynn,

Great suggestion. I forgot about those. I feel like getting one for Sc. Let me know Scaredie. I’ll get one for you.

Thanks so much Lynn & Intend! Great idea. That’s very generous intend, but I could not accept that. Will look into the cost. XX gals

Called them today, but forgot to ask. But going to Walgreens in next few days. I will ask them.

They have everything at Walgreens.

Hi, Just chiming in on my experience so far in going from teva to Actavis....I used both for awhile to wean into it but I definitely feel worse on Actavis.  I had a pretty good groove going with Teva....sick every morning but by mid to late PM and evening I was human.  It was fairly predictable. 

Now, I feel even worse in AM and it lasts almost all day.  It's rougher, i feel more nausea, black,dark depression, no energy, just sit on sofa and stare into space.  Tried driving yesterday late pm and felt dereal which was unexpected, like I and all the other cars were on a game board. I also had episodes of nausea, lightheaded ness in response to humid weather we are having. So i am not a happy camper with this stuff.  I'm gonna give it some time and see if anything changes.  The mood is the worst.

PS to Scardie, I had severe jaw issues and had to get a special lower teeth guard. The one the oral surgeons gave me was worthless and a wise Phys Th er called my dentist and told me what i needed.  Somehow it was covered by my dental insurance which was a nice shock.  It worked and fixed the problem. 

Good luck everyone. I have not called Teva back to report of difference of Actavis but may do so. I view it as a real set back as I have so long to go.  Keep powering and praying, Suzuki

Suz,

Understand how you feel. No jaw problems Yet. I’ve been switched back and forth between Actavis clonazepam and Sandoz clonazepam 4 times, and Sandoz discontinued now. So back to Actavis for me. 5th switch and scares me to high heaven.

Each switch affected my breathing and voice so bad that I’m afraid of Actavis also now. And I did ok on Actavis when first starting out after rough crossover from Xanax. Super concerned is all I’m saying.

And I have a ways to go also.

Hi, Just chiming in on my experience so far in going from teva to Actavis....I used both for awhile to wean into it but I definitely feel worse on Actavis.  I had a pretty good groove going with Teva....sick every morning but by mid to late PM and evening I was human.  It was fairly predictable. 

Now, I feel even worse in AM and it lasts almost all day.  It's rougher, i feel more nausea, black,dark depression, no energy, just sit on sofa and stare into space.  Tried driving yesterday late pm and felt dereal which was unexpected, like I and all the other cars were on a game board. I also had episodes of nausea, lightheaded ness in response to humid weather we are having. So i am not a happy camper with this stuff.  I'm gonna give it some time and see if anything changes.  The mood is the worst.

PS to Scardie, I had severe jaw issues and had to get a special lower teeth guard. The one the oral surgeons gave me was worthless and a wise Phys Th er called my dentist and told me what i needed.  Somehow it was covered by my dental insurance which was a nice shock.  It worked and fixed the problem. 

Good luck everyone. I have not called Teva back to report of difference of Actavis but may do so. I view it as a real set back as I have so long to go.  Keep powering and praying, Suzuki

Suzuka sorry you’re havng such a rough time. How long have you been on straight actavis?

Did you have the dark depression prior to the switch?

What about the no energy?

Sorry to ask questions while your feeling unwell. My depression got so bad it scared me & now I’ve been on 2.5mg of lexapro for 6 days & feel the depression & fatigue is getting worse... I’m at a loss

Best wishes, SC

Suzuka, I switched right over to Actavis from NorthStar and felt ok the first day.  The second day was horrid.  The third day was a bit better, but still bad.  The fourth and fifth days were the same, bad but not as horrid as the second day.  This is the sixth day and I am really bad again:

Deep, dark depression [none before this]

Extreme weakness and no motivation to do anything

Nausea a lot worse

Ringing in the ears worse

Sleep worse

Stomach burns and feeling some GERD.  NEVER had this before!

Feel like giving up on life.

I am amazed at how fast and how furious this drug reacted for me.  I was told to give it two weeks to see if my body adjusts to it, but at this pace and with these severe symptoms, I highly doubt it.

Anyone else feeling this?

Now, where do I turn to?  Can't afford Klonopin.

I am so discouraged.  I was actually starting to have a day or two of some windows before this switch and now I am feeling hopeless.  I was getting ready to start microtapering down from the 2 mg clonazepam.

Now, I don't know what to do.

Please, please.  Any suggestions?

Suzuka, I switched right over to Actavis from NorthStar and felt ok the first day.  The second day was horrid.  The third day was a bit better, but still bad.  The fourth and fifth days were the same, bad but not as horrid as the second day.  This is the sixth day and I am really bad again:

Deep, dark depression [none before this]

Extreme weakness and no motivation to do anything

Nausea a lot worse

Ringing in the ears worse

Sleep worse

Stomach burns and feeling some GERD.  NEVER had this before!

Feel like giving up on life.

I am amazed at how fast and how furious this drug reacted for me.  I was told to give it two weeks to see if my body adjusts to it, but at this pace and with these severe symptoms, I highly doubt it.

Anyone else feeling this?

Now, where do I turn to?  Can't afford Klonopin.

I am so discouraged.  I was actually starting to have a day or two of some windows before this switch and now I am feeling hopeless.  I was getting ready to start microtapering down from the 2 mg clonazepam.

Now, I don't know what to do.

Please, please.  Any suggestions?

I’m sorry your feeling so bad Lynn. Seems like the 3 of us are in this boat. Can you try holding longer & telling yourself it’s just the medicine change to keep the depression in check, I know it can feel impossible, we are all so sensitive, that’s when I decided it was time for an antidepressant, although I hate to do it, I want to live, ya know-not saying that’s the answer I’ve had depression to a degree for a long time it just got out of hand after the cut & switch. Can you try solco? I’m not sure if it would be any better. What about go ahead & try to get some help with some CBD oil? Or mmj? Wish I could be of more help. I can’t afford brand either. Hang in there. Good luck.

Suzuka, are you saying the teeth clenching started with the k pin switch? Could you tell me what kind f bite guard you got?

Thanks hope your all hanging on, just as I am, we hang on, xx

Thanks for the encouragement, Scardie.

Someone else suggested that perhaps the actavis is not as strong as my NorthStar and so I am feeling more of a withdrawal than a med change.  They said that happened to them and instead of waiting the suggested two weeks, they waited 5 weeks and then they straightened out.  This might be my case.

Re:  antidepressants.  I was not in depression before my accident and the introduction of these poisonous benzo's, but the dr's felt I needed them.  They tried me on many of them and they only make me sicker and don't work for me.  The benzo's have never really worked for me either.  They just took the edge off of my nausea and sleeplessness when I C/T the high opioids they gave me at surgery.  When I called the out-of-state hospital and told them that I was still sick after 10 days being discharged, they said that it might be the meds.  So......I simply stopped them all.  And WHAM I was hit hard by withdrawal symptoms.  I did not know that this was what it was because I was never on drugs before.  I am not good on any medication--which I am finding out.  So, the local dr. gave me a benzo and antidepressant 3 weeks later, when I thought I was losing my mind, to help with the symptoms--never asking me about my prior drug stoppage.  Another dr. later told me that I had been slammed with a lot of high potency opioids--much more than necessary, so that was why I had such an extreme reaction when I C/T them.  I never knew about tapering down off of them.  Shame on the dr. who gave me the benzo/antidepressant without finding out why I was so sick and sleepless and anxious--it was opioid withdrawal!!!!

Till I found out, I was already clenched in the teeth of the benzo lion.  So, for almost 3 years I've been sick because the benzo's don't make me feel good at all--never have.  And being on them only keeps the withdrawal symptoms at bay.  So, I tried to get off them several times, but I've been told with my sensitivity to drugs, I need to go much slower. 

I was all ready to start liquid micro tapering, knowing I was getting ready for the ride of my life, when I hear on this support group here that generics are being discontinued.  I actually experienced a few window-type days before moving over to Actavis.  Since I knew Actavis should last through to my taper, I switched over.  WHAM! again!  Oh, boy, this sure has been quite the journey. 

I hope you all can get through the transition and move on to get off this poison, a.s.a.p.

Thanks for hearing me out.  It helps to talk when feeling depressed.  I hope the depression lets up, but if it doesn't I don't know what to do.  Is the Actavis doing it or the sudden switch and withdrawal???  I guess I'll find out in time.  Meanwhile, I'm just trying to survive like ya'll.

Stay strong!

Lynne,

Some people updose 10 percent or so when changing generics, since the strength can vary. Don't know if your dr. would support that or not. I do think it is easier to taper when you are somewhat stable.

I am in the process of switching to brand ... I do have some insurance coverage, which surprised me my plan isn't that good, so it is $37.50 a month (75 for 60 .5 mg pills). I don't know if people have checked their insurance or not ... I just assumed no coverage, so was thrilled to see this. I am doing every other day right now teva/brand and so far so good. Going to begin to space out two days brand/one day teva next week.

I am sorry that everyone is going through this. It is another motivation for me to get off if I can.